• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cry-laugh.gif

Btw, I guess this breaks the pattern of special edition consoles usually being announced in a game trailer or direct? Can't recall the last time there was a dedicated video for one.

Btw, I guess this breaks the pattern of special edition consoles usually being announced in a game trailer or direct? Can't recall the last time there was a dedicated video for one.
AC special edition was announced via Twitter photo, and maybe others too.

At the very least, there is absolutely no way Nintendo would reveal and release a new model after September. So we won't have 'that' long to wait before we can safely write this year off.

Personally I'm a bit less enthusiastic about the idea of it releasing this year. Idk, it feels like expecting 'too much.'

I would like to remind everyone that I still have two doctors appointments on the 12th and another on the 15th (the 15th being one of the days the Splatoournament is skipping), so this thread still has a long way to go. A Direct Event is still incoming because the Dr Appointment Rule worked for me last week and I fully believe in consistency.

@Raccoon feel free to threadmark this

My launch switch is still holding up okay, but sometimes I wonder if there's a problem. Recently, when playing 3 Hopes, the fan goes into overdrive and then suddenly stops. I don't want to bother with repairs (if it needs them) so I hope it lasts until the next thing, whenever that is.

The funny thing is that my 3DS, which is obviously older, still works perfectly fine.
Oh man, mine too! A few months ago I started hearing it do that. It works fine, but it's been used quite a bit. Hoping it holds out for you too!
No that was Duncle
Oooooh, my bad, thank you for clarifying! :ROFLMAO:
But where does Urkel fit into this?
Hahaha, did he do that?!
Funcle, Muncle, Duncle, Kuncle, Auncle...shit, I'm lost in these names. I don't know who is who.
I thought all this was to make things easier, lol!!! :ROFLMAO:

I would like to remind everyone that I still have two doctors appointments on the 12th and another on the 15th (the 15th being one of the days the Splatoournament is skipping), so this thread still has a long way to go. A Direct Event is still incoming because the Dr Appointment Rule worked for me last week and I fully believe in consistency.

@Raccoon feel free to threadmark this
and what about the jury duty rule? we thought that would be working and nothing

AC special edition was announced via Twitter photo, and maybe others too.
Ah ok. Yeah I would've expected a Twitter drop with a marketing render for a Splatoon OLED and not a 46 second YouTube video. Seems almost decadent lol

Here’s my real question for our Chinese forum counterparts

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

currently laughing my ass off at anyone who thinks the switch pro is disconfirmed by a meaningless oled announcement
It’s like… literally the opposite lmao

the Splatoon OLED basically dumped a bunch of gas onto the fire tbh

My launch switch is still holding up okay, but sometimes I wonder if there's a problem. Recently, when playing 3 Hopes, the fan goes into overdrive and then suddenly stops. I don't want to bother with repairs (if it needs them) so I hope it lasts until the next thing, whenever that is.

The funny thing is that my 3DS, which is obviously older, still works perfectly fine.
My launch day Switch had a crazy fan since the beginning and finally passed away last year

and what about the jury duty rule? we thought that would be working and nothing
My number wasn't called, so since I didn't have to go in I mark that off as it wasn't a true invoking of the Jury Duty Rule. Maybe if you get jury duty but don't have to go in, it's a more vague confirmation, like "sometime that month" or something. It gives you a wider window.

That's my new Jury Duty Rule headcanon.

Ever so often I come back from a long period of work just to see what you guys are up to... and everytime I visit it's nothing but pure insanity.

Sees Muncle post of switch pro

shaker-funny.gif

That all red special edition Mario Switch that released a few months before the OLED still annoys me. That would've been a sexier console without the bezels and with an OLED display packed into a metallic red shell. Mama mia

Do you think that Nintendo will adress Muckle in a next General Direct?

Koizumi: I can't believe this, I have been working on this Switch Plus for more than 4 years and he just tweeted it out on some stupid chinese forum, absolutelly unaccabtable to do this to me, fuck his beautiful muscles, I am done here, am going to finish the next 3D Donkey Kong. Takahashi-san, please take it away.

My launch day Switch had a crazy fan since the beginning and finally passed away last year
Dang, that's rough. It sucks when consoles don't last that long. Especially if they don't even make to the end of the current generation.

I hate spending Thanksgiving with Fami. Cousin @Raccoon always rants about his conspiracy theories at the dinner table. Drake this. Pro that. He wasn't always like this. He sits around and watches too much Nate News.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I hate spending Thanksgiving with Fami. Cousin @Raccoon always rants about his conspiracy theories at the dinner table. Drake this. Pro that. He wasn't always like this. He sits around and watches too much Nate News.
cut the crap wright don't give me any more of your shit

Not gonna lie the Splatoon 3 themed OLED Switch killed any hype I had for the new Switch model. We might get an announcement in September but my expectations are super low right now.

Mine is a launch Switch and has been having fan issues for a while now, fan goes crazy shortly after it starts up, then quiets down after a while.

Not gonna lie the Splatoon 3 themed OLED Switch killed any hype I had for the new Switch model. We might get an announcement in September but my expectations are super low right now.
Why? When OLED Splatoon 3 only gives more chances of a new console releasing (leaker of Splatoon 3 commenting on new hardware this year + history of Nintendo releasing LE consoles close to new hardware releases)

Again, End of September is the hard cut-off.

I still think next week is THE week tbh!!!
I still kind of doubt that they'd announce it in September. And surely if they were going to announce it then they'd do so before TGS/the September Direct if it exists?

I think for me the absolute hard cutoff is early September

I just peeked in this thread (I tend to live in the Hardware Speculation thread) and I feel like I need to write a newsletter that sums everything up once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom