• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no clue that the confirmation of a special edition OLED would confirm the rumor that a new switch(be it a pro or whatever) is coming soon too
That's because it happened only a handful of hours ago

To be fair (not that SH2 deserves "fair", since they operate entirely within the realm of plausible deniability lol), they did say "new switch console"

Let's face it though, we all know they were talking about a Switch Pro/2
Ok

Zelda in game awards. Direct in 15th June. Partner Showcase format was created only for 2020

Im telling you. You can get a real leaked infos from this account

Normally you do pack-ins in order to make people buy a product, you know.

I don't think a Switch, but "more powerful this time" will have any trouble getting people to buy it. Especially with recent conversations being dominated by complaints about the Switch's "lack of power."

* wakes up *
.... wait..

why am I feeling so...

w o o m y ?

Maybe it's time for you to feel .... hotline

drake-drizzy.gif

tbh, Takahashi laughted about Switch Pro in 2017.

Past Nintendo hardware did not go for specs alone, but placed an importance on balancing it along with new gameplay methods. Have you taken into account the performance of competing companies’ gaming hardware and PCs this time?

Takahashi: Our main focus was with the implementation of the Switch’s core concept: how it would switch from playing in TV Mode, to Tabletop Mode, to Handheld Mode. It had to be graphically capable enough in TV Mode, but it had to be capable of playing in handheld mode for long enough as well. We made it an important goal of ours to find a good balance between those two aspects, so I think our team had a much different mindset than that of other companies.

It certainly seems so. A console focused entirely on maximizing its graphics would probably only last 30 minutes on the go.

Takahashi: If it even lasted that long (laughs).

I just wanna send a big hug to the whole Fami because the discussion and atmosphere is great here.

I made the mistake of reading other forums' takes on today and....nope, won't happen again 🤡.

I just wanna send a big hug to the whole Fami because the discussion and atmosphere is great here.

I made the mistake of reading other forums' takes on today and....nope, won't happen again 🤡.
fools as they are, they don't know about muncle

and ironically most naysayers put more stock into this shit than we do

Damn Forspoken really taking the hit.

That trailer leak and crowed schedule made this one push back an entire yeah.

Probably will end up being the best thing to happen tho. Will see better ends on January I feel. But still, seeing it get a great first reveal reception to now, feels like it could’ve gone very bad In the date jr was releasing before being pushed to next year

So, to clarify, is the rumor that Drake will be announced and released in 2022? Or just announced in 2022? And the announcement is pegged for September, correct?

The latter would make a lot of sense if its linked with Zelda.

Seeing that Splatoon 3 is getting a Pro Controller is making me jealous. I'd love a new Xenoblade pro controller :cry:

So, to clarify, is the rumor that Drake will be announced and released in 2022? Or just announced in 2022? And the announcement is pegged for September, correct?

Announced July-Sept it seems , releases late 2022 or early 2023

Announced and released in 2022. Don't put too much stock into the September announcement idea.

tbh, Takahashi laughted about Switch Pro in 2017.

Past Nintendo hardware did not go for specs alone, but placed an importance on balancing it along with new gameplay methods. Have you taken into account the performance of competing companies’ gaming hardware and PCs this time?

Takahashi: Our main focus was with the implementation of the Switch’s core concept: how it would switch from playing in TV Mode, to Tabletop Mode, to Handheld Mode. It had to be graphically capable enough in TV Mode, but it had to be capable of playing in handheld mode for long enough as well. We made it an important goal of ours to find a good balance between those two aspects, so I think our team had a much different mindset than that of other companies.

It certainly seems so. A console focused entirely on maximizing its graphics would probably only last 30 minutes on the go.

Takahashi: If it even lasted that long (laughs).
DLSS is a thing now.

Damn Forspoken really taking the hit.

That trailer leak and crowed schedule made this one push back an entire yeah.

Probably will end up being the best thing to happen tho. Will see better ends on January I feel. But still, seeing it get a great first reveal reception to now, feels like it could’ve gone very bad In the date jr was releasing before being pushed to next year

100% for the best.

January is the perfect release month for such a title, and it would have been Ghostwire Tokyo'd in October unless it reviewed super high.

I haven't figured out the funcle/muncle stuff and at this point it's probably too late for me to try

Okay real talk

I'm probably not gonna buy any Switch-related accessories or hardware until Drake but I gotta say those joycons are fuckin gorgeous

Just read the last 20 pages and about muncle

BlackandwhiteJadedGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif
...DO THE MUNCLE!! :ROFLMAO:

I've been getting some old school hype on these forums since joining. Other forums killed it for me for years, and you all have reignited it in just a few days!

Hahaha!

Good. A new edition of the OLED Model that now paves the way entirely for the Switch 4K/DLSS model.
Surely that's coming, right?... Right?...

So after making an attempt to read through this thread, it sounds like, at worst, we'll see the Drake in action at some point this year. I'm not buying the 2022 release, but we'll at the very least get a reveal. That's good enough for me.

So after making an attempt to read through this thread, it sounds like, at worst, we'll see the Drake in action at some point this year. I'm not buying the 2022 release, but we'll at the very least get a reveal. That's good enough for me.

They're not nuking their holiday sales, especially not with how Switch is doing numbers AND with a new Pokemon game coming up.

If they announce it in calendar year 2022, it releases in calendar year 2022.

That's because it happened only a handful of hours ago
Which makes all the speculation before hand even more insane lol. This is all very lighthearted even though I find it very hard to discuss what is happening because it's impossible to keep up

My launch switch is still holding up okay, but sometimes I wonder if there's a problem. Recently, when playing 3 Hopes, the fan goes into overdrive and then suddenly stops. I don't want to bother with repairs (if it needs them) so I hope it lasts until the next thing, whenever that is.

The funny thing is that my 3DS, which is obviously older, still works perfectly fine.

Actually the Drake being shown this year but not released means that it will be shown at The Game Awards, like Xbox Series X was. Nintendo will finally be a part of Summer Game Fest.

Out of curiosity - do we still think some sort of a direct or trailer drop is possible for next week?
There's still the thing about splatoon tournament(?) skipping next weekend and all that, right?

They're not nuking their holiday sales, especially not with how Switch is doing numbers AND with a new Pokemon game coming up.

If they announce it in calendar year 2022, it releases in calendar year 2022.
Disagree that it would nuke sales. We're reaching a point of diminishing returns with console sales; at this point, the people interested in buying a Switch are either families that won't have any idea that the Pro even exists, or people that have been waiting for a Pro anyway. Anyone caught in between has almost certainly jumped on the Switch bandwagon at this point.

Where the money will be made for Nintendo is software, and they've got Pokemon coming out. They can announce whatever they want and they'd still dominate the holiday frame.

Out of curiosity - do we still think some sort of a direct or trailer drop is possible for next week?
There's still the thing about splatoon tournament(?) skipping next weekend and all that, right?
Everything is possible, just don't expect anything on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom