• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you countless times that you need to look at patterns and hints. You had one here for more than 5 years and you don't looked. Splatoon 2 Direct happened on July 6th, 2017. New Splatoon 3 trailer will be released today on July 6th, 2022. Splatoon JP still has not tweeted, this is basically confirmed right now.

splatoon-2-direct-1.jpeg

Splatoon games are as big as Pokemon in Japan it’s kinda cheating using Japan tweets for Splatoon even if in Japan alone it will sell more than almost all titles releasing on Switch this year
I agree wholeheartedly.

Splatoon 3 do be looking like more of the same. While i believe that it will get the usual japanese sales, i imagine it will not be as strong overseas.

I told you countless times that you need to look at patterns and hints. You had one here for more than 5 years and you don't looked. Splatoon 2 Direct happened on July 6th, 2017. New Splatoon 3 trailer will be released today on July 6th, 2022. Splatoon JP still has not tweeted, this is basically confirmed right now.

splatoon-2-direct-1.jpeg

I can confirm the confirmation, until it is deconfirmed, than I also deconfirm the confirmation and confirm the deconfirmation.

So the last time I checked in on this thread yesterday we were at 35 pages...

Also, I can't believe I missed out on "Xenoblade 3 (low budget, iterative sequel)." Has a real "Animal Crossing is a niche franchise" energy to it.

It's... perfect.

The game specific directs are usually a month before launch.

Splatoon 3 comes out in September. It don’t make no sense.

don't want to hear any boomers talk about splatoon tbh

if the turf war footage didn't get you super excited then you're simply not a splatoon gamer
You are a Splatoon gamer or you aren't, there is nothing between. It's simple.

If these few frames in the announcement trailer didn't make you hype then you don't need to buy this game.

splatoon3.png

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I still don't really see much smoke here. A private video and....? Their videos have gone private many times without anything happening--it's how we always get direct hype that fizzles. Am I missing something?
So uh, people keep saying this. But do you have an example of a hardware reveal video going private not directly before or after another hardware announcement?
Serkan Toto is an analyst, right? How accurate is he on a scale from Pachter to 100?
Well he predicted (in an analyst capacity) that the Switch pro would launch in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, but specifically predicted it would not launch in 2022.

Take that as you will.

Ubisoft announced a Ubisoft Forward for September 10th, very bad thing to do since all people in the world will be busy with Splatoon 3.

tbh I wouldn't be mad. if this is what happens, it means that from now till the end of august we will get a series of small annoucements on weekly basis, like Bayonetta 3 release date, Splatoon 3 and Pokémon SV Directs, Advance wars date and eventually MP HD and Everybody Switch announcements.

This scenario simply would mean that Switch Pro/ successor will be revealed on September for a Holiday release or on January 2023 for a March release. nothing to be worried or pissed about, in my opinion.
It doesn’t bother me lol. If we have to wait until September then we have to wait. It’s only 2 months away.

Serkan Toto is an analyst, right? How accurate is he on a scale from Pachter to 100?

Dunno if Analysts have sources or get access to information.

But iirc he was the only one to say that BotW 2 would be at E³ 2019 and i think he also was the first to talk about the delay? Memory is iffy though.

2 hours and a new Splatoon 3 trailer drops. This time it will be multiplayer (maybe new mode) but definitely more of the campain since they were teasing it via tweets.

So we started with Switch Pro and now we're saying Splatoon 3?

Not me, Switch Pro until I die.

I... I don't like how Splatoon 3 looks, it's so ugly to me. Why does it have to look like the worst parts of Fallout New Vegas?
Splatoon 2 was okay, Splatoon 1 was beautiful, fresh and colorful.

I got scared for a second, since there is japanese holiday on July 7th so that may have explained why they haven't tweeted but it's still July 6th in Japan so no worries. We will still get Splatoon 3 trailer in two hours.

edit: looks like the holiday isn't the public or national so we are good

Looks like mod uncle (muncle as I call him) is saying a Splatoon 3 themed OLED model will be announced this morning in 2 hours.

RIP this thread if so.

On the bright side it will confirm muncle has legit contacts.

Looks like mod uncle (muncle as I call him) is saying a Splatoon 3 themed OLED model will be announced this morning in 2 hours.

RIP this thread if so.

So would that be the thing this person has been talking about all the time? Or is it about two products?

I am confused.

So would that be the thing this person has been talking about all the time? Or is it about two products?

I am confused.
Fwuncle has been talking about two separate things since April, a themed OLED Switch and a brand new one. Muncle has repeatedly stated the new DLSS one should be launching this year.

So one being real doesn't actually negate the other, it makes it more credible.

RIP this thread if so.

oh...

oh no...

RIP this thread if so.

This would be the funniest outcome after the last 24 hours.

Makes sense the Splatoon OLED gets announced first before new hardware btw just kills the chances of anything to be announced this week

Fwuncle has been talking about two separate things since April, a themed OLED Switch and a brand new one. Muncle has repeatedly stated the new DLSS one should be launching this year.

So one being real doesn't actually negate the other, it makes it more credible.

Well in that case .... GO Splatoon 3 OLED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom