• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
images

I'm in my head trying to justify why this must be a good thing that it's going to happen so early. Maybe it's SO good that they want everyone in their major markets to be awake for it so they dominate the news cycle globally.

Or maybe it's just copium. 🙃

I try real hard to always find the positive in everything, but Nintendo does make my anxiety skyrocket. 😂

Im sorrry but Emily saiyng that Metroid Prime be shadowdropped ina Twitter post in october does not make sense

Is in the direct or it does not Exist, im sotty about being harsh but this the only scenario

Splatoon 3 has sold 3.45 million in just Japan over its launch weekend.

That’s just wild.

I’m just thinking of how big an event, like, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd was in Japan, and that sold 2.6 million…in its first two weeks. And Splatoon 3 hit 3.5M in its first three days.

I feel like we’ve been sort of desensitized to just how consistently successful Nintendo has been in Japan this generation.

Im sorrry but Emily saiyng that Metroid Prime be shadowdropped ina Twitter post in october does not make sense

Is in the direct or it does not Exist, im sotty about being harsh but this the only scenario
She’s probably trying to cover all possible grounds, but yeah Metroid Prime Remaster will be in a Mini or General Direct.

I forgot how much more active this thread is compared to other places lol.

Anyway, excited to see whats going to happen. Another mini/partner after the last one was already and they had nothing to show in summer, I'd be a biit bummed out if it turns out to be one of those.

We gotta see something first party after all this time, unless they save everything for a Switch 2 launch show or something.

Even without rumors I don‘t see them releasing a game with the number 4 in the title without at least releasing the first entry of the series. If it is not happening this year, then it will next year.

Even without rumors I don‘t see them releasing a game with the number 4 in the title without at least releasing the first entry of the series. If it is not happening this year, then it will next year.
Yeah this sort of thing always could scare potential buyers. The remake/remaster is most definetly coming before 4.

Still holding out hope for a General, but a Mini is better than nothing or a Partner Showcase.
I feel like it sort of has to be at least a Mini because Nintendo still has to fill out their Q4 lineup.

Like, they’re going to release more than just Bayonetta and Pokémon in Q4. Even in 2020 hell year they were able to release more than two games in Q4. They released, what, three games in Q2 this year? And that’s historically a slow quarter for them, with fewer releases than Q4.

So I really don’t think it has much of a chance of being a Partner Direct. And honestly, I’m leaning toward it just being an oddly-timed (by post-2017 standards) General Direct.

Would not be at all surprised if it was a smaller direct tbh. Back in May, when early rumblings of Nintendo having limited direct/software announcements over the summer started to surface, I was guessing that they might be holding things back to show in conjunction with new hardware. This thing being another mini/partner would very much track with them continuing to be in a bit of a holding pattern until they are ready to talk hardware.

I said I could see this being a mini, 20 minutes and showing

• Zelda WW/TP HD
  • Metroid Prime Redux
  • It Takes Two
  • Advance Wars
  • Skyrim anniversary
  • Mario movie trailer to end

Acknowledge we will get BotW 2 details soon and that development is going well/hammer home Spring 2023 is still on target.

It's strange seeing some of the excitement deflate because @Emily simply stated that it looks like the Direct is aiming for a morning timeslot. For all we know that may be the case due to its proximity to TGS and even if it is a Mini it'll still have some exciting new game reveals.
I’m sure that’s the plan. Don’t particular trust Nintendo on handling that well. Too be fair. I’ve avoided the hardware thread so have no clue what’s supposedly on the horizon.
In the past Nintendo had to juggle the transitions between two separate lines, handheld and home consoles, this time they just have to deal with the Switch. While there is always a chance they could flub it I think they'll take their past failures into account when transitioning to the next generation of Switch.

I already have to be up in 5 hours, so I'm going to pass that time by sleeping, and then hopefully we'll get some answers around 8 or 9 AM CT.

Hope everyone stays positive and excited. We're getting some sorta news soon! 😊

Tuesday afternoon Direct in Europe it is then huh.. I know that‘s generally the „Mini“ time-slot, but my copium is going strong so I‘m instead deluding myself to believe it‘s simply E3-time in September. You know, same time frame and all.

Okay I'm probably a total dumbass, but didn't Fatal Frame 4 just get ported recently?
That was 5, formerly a Wii U game. Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (4) is a Wii game and is currently Japan only, so this would be a first-time localisation.

If it's an afternoon Direct CEST (mini or general, doesn't matter) I won't be able to watch it live.

Fuck.

If this does end up being a Mini, I’m going to start assuming we’ll get our extensive BOTW2 coverage with the Drake reveal.
what if…drake launches with mario, not with zelda

like, the entire universe has seemingly assumed that drake and botw2 are coming out on the same day, but that is still an assumption. if drake is indeed a spring product, there are loads of reasons why nintendo might decide it makes more sense for a mario to be a spring product and botw2 to be a fall product this time. they didn’t have a big mario movie coming out in spring 2017, for one.

i think it makes sense to launch it with zelda if they can – launching with a zelda really helped get the core nintendo fans on board with the wii and switch right away – but if zelda needs more time it might not be tenable to hold back drake for it.

Mini Material:
  • Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD
  • Fatal Frame 4
  • Skyrim Anniversary Edition
  • Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass Wave 3
  • It Takes Two
  • Alan Wake
  • Metroid Prime Remake

In terms of betting odds, Fire Emblem seems like the runaway favorite. Out of all the internet rumors, that has the most solid foundation.

An NSO update seems like another strong possibility for this Direct.
Excited about a new Fire Emblem. Looking forward to it :).

I think the only things that should be expected are the two Zelda ports (Jeff Grubb has heard they'll be there) and Metroid Prime's remaster, given the timing. That being said...

I'm completely agreed with Emily that Fire Emblem is a highly likely announcement. I've said it numerous times, but the scheduling suggests first half 2023 is highly likely and therefore a reveal may well happen this week.

I'd say Breath of the Wild 2 and GB/GBC NSO are fairly likely to appear; the former especially so. Anything beyond that is a mystery. I'm really in the mood to revisit old favourites so while the mix I've mentioned isn't exciting, it is very appealing. The addition of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters plus GB/C (and maybe GBA) games to NSO would give me a real smattering of my favourite games to pick and choose from in the next few months.

I would say sequel of Breath of the Wild could make an appearance on the other hand. If the game is Spring 2023 it can also be a June title, haha. But a nice Fire Emblem would be great already.

Hello, this is my first time commenting in this forum but I'm a long time sideline watcher, since the era of 3D All Star rumours.

This general Direct waiting period since February is being so wild that I just have to join to the collective hysteria

I said I could see this being a mini, 20 minutes and showing

• Zelda WW/TP HD
  • Metroid Prime Redux
  • It Takes Two
  • Advance Wars
  • Skyrim anniversary
  • Mario movie trailer to end

Acknowledge we will get BotW 2 details soon and that development is going well/hammer home Spring 2023 is still on target.
They won’t comment on BotW 2 imo if it’s a Mini

If this direct is a mini and doesn’t reveal a new first party 2023 game…

Then, presuming there’s no other event for the rest of the year, we will go into January 2023 knowing only BotW2 for a vague Spring 2023 date.

I don’t think we’ve ever known THAT little about a year going into it.

Hello, this is my first time commenting in this forum but I'm a long time sideline watcher, since the era of 3D All Star rumours.

This general Direct waiting period since February is being so wild that I just have to join to the collective hysteria
My condolences, I mean welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom