• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You see this during the direct, how do you react?
Nintendo_Switch_Online__Super_Expansion_Pack_-_Overview_Trailer_-_YouTube_and_4_more_pages_-_Profile_1_-_Microsoft_Edge_9_11_2022_10_34_14_PM.png

I am curious what the long term plan narratively is for the Prime series. Will Prime 4 be the end of Prime wrapping up the Sylux subplot? Or will it be the start of a new Prime era the way the next 2D Metroid will seemingly be the next arc of Metroid.

what do you mean?
Another partner showcase
A mini direct that is only the 3-4 leaked games and nothing else (ie Prime remake, Everybody's 1-2 Switch, New Fire Emblem)
A week long twitter direct
A direct focused on a single new announced game (everybody's 1-2 switch)

I will say, every year that we've had a general since NSO was revealed has had a new console..
this is true!

I agree with most what you said (especially on the Pokemon bit, though I'd still expect spinoffs like Pinball and the Trading Card Game to come over, since we got Snap and Puzzle League on the N64 app), but I think they'll unify everything in one app.. because this way they have much more wiggle room to fill with fewer titles in the future (like, no guarantee we'll be getting a GB, a GBC or a GBA game in the following months.. it could be just one of them)

one (admittedly small) reason i don’t think they’ll all be in the same app has to do with the UI these apps have. they work best when all the boxes have the same shape, since they’re laid out in a grid with no white space. in NA, game boy and game boy advance games all have the same square box, but in Japan, game boy games were portrait and game boy advance games were landscape. you could lay them all out together in a grid but the result would be that the game boy advance games would all appear significantly larger.

but the main reason i think they’re going to be different apps is because i suspect one is going to be available to base NSO and one is going to be exclusive to NSO+EP. or, at the very least, Nintendo might want the opportunity to put just GB/C on base NSO in the future, even if it’s exclusive to NSO+EP alongside GBA at first.

also, they are just very different systems. they’re probably more different than the NES and SNES are; those didn’t change the aspect ratio of games, after all. they just should be different apps.

As they should.
Ouch, salt in the wound. The truth is too painful right now.
Nintendo stop being cowards and localize the pui pui molcar game challenge
I'd never heard of this so I looked it up, and I'm still not sure what it is but now I want Alphadream to be resurrected so we can get a new Hamtaro game.
Steak is literally terrible, nothing sounds more unappetizing than a slab of meat sitting on my plate solo. Like cut that up and throw it in with literally anything, rice, vegetables, noodles, something

This goes for slabs of chicken, pork, etc all meat should be cut up before serving.
Pork and steak I agree, but nothing beats cutting into a nice juicy chicken breast. There has to be some sides of course, but that's one slab I don't mind seeing.

Time for me to hit the hay; when I wake up tomorrow the announcement will only be a few hours away!

we get WW/TP, but BotW2 is further delayed?

wouldn’t surprise me but it would be better than not getting WW/TP and BotW2 still being delayed
Look at it this way, if BOTW2 is delayed again, it's with good reason and I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

Look at it this way, if BOTW2 is delayed again, it's with good reason and I'm glad they're taking their time with it.
Right. Big mainline console Zelda games just get delayed, that’s what they do. But they’re pretty much always worth it in the end.

I can wait. There’s more than enough stuff to play in the meantime and they’re about to announce even more.

this is true!

one (admittedly small) reason i don’t think they’ll all be in the same app has to do with the UI these apps have. they work best when all the boxes have the same shape, since they’re laid out in a grid with no white space. in NA, game boy and game boy advance games all have the same square box, but in Japan, game boy games were portrait and game boy advance games were landscape. you could lay them all out together in a grid but the result would be that the game boy advance games would all appear significantly larger.

but the main reason i think they’re going to be different apps is because i suspect one is going to be available to base NSO and one is going to be exclusive to NSO+EP. or, at the very least, Nintendo might want the opportunity to put just GB/C on base NSO in the future, even if it’s exclusive to NSO+EP alongside GBA at first.

also, they are just very different systems. they’re probably more different than the NES and SNES are; those didn’t change the aspect ratio of games, after all. they just should be different apps.
But wouldn't be just ONE emulator for everything anyway? I don't remember if the leaked prototype was covering all the bases.. but if you get GBA working, you should be able to run GB and GBC no problem..

For my sake, I'd rather have them separated too (easier to organize), but seems redundant for their practicality..

But wouldn't be just ONE emulator for everything anyway? I don't remember if the leaked prototype was covering all the bases.. but if you get GBA working, you should be able to run GB and GBC no problem..

For my sake, I'd rather have them separated too (easier to organize), but seems redundant for their practicality..
Technically yes, a GBA emulator would run GB and GBC. But Nintendo have always counted GB and GBC as one distinct platform, and GBA as another. I don't see Nintendo departing from that on NSO. GB/C as one app and Advance as another.

I think the emulation leak pointed to a GB/C emulator and a separate GBA one, too.

It’s time to bring back Donkey Kong 94/Mario vs Donkey Kong.
YES

I’m so glad people are starting to see the light of Donkey Kong ‘94. At the old place so many times when I would post about wanting to get GB on NSO, there were so many posts (even from people who should know better) that were like “I’d like GBA, but there’s nothing really worth playing on GB if they don’t have Pokémon.” And I was just like, what.

So yeah, I think it would be great if Nintendo brought Game Boy to NSO. So many under-appreciated gems. Mole Mania! Game & Watch Gallery!

Let’s not do this vague, pessimistic pseudo-“hinting” please lol
So I can't speculate? I don't know how I was hinting we have people here going crazy for an announcement tomorrow that might not happen along with people thinking a Direct is on Tuesday honestly aligns with another Mini direct happening rather than a full one.

Even if they’re both literally the same emulator under the hood, I still expect that they’ll be different apps, just with different rom packs/art assets. It’s unlikely that the emulator would be large enough in file size for this to be a meaningful concern. I mean, they’ll happily sell you both Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield to live alongside each other on your Switch; I don’t think they’ll lose sleep over duplicating a few megabytes.

There’s already clearly a lot of UI code that is duplicated between the different NSO console apps, but it’s not large enough for that to be a meaningful concern. Code is cheap, resources are expensive.

So I can't speculate? I don't know how I was hinting we have people here going crazy for an announcement tomorrow that might not happen along with people thinking a Direct is on Tuesday honestly aligns with another Mini direct happening rather than a full one.
No. It lines up with the past 5 years of having a General Direct in September

The checkmark is a blessing and a curse my friend. A blurse, if you will.

Prime HD, Fire Emblem, GB/GBA on NSO, Zelda Ports, BOTW 2 meaty trailer + title drop - easy 9/10 for me, possibly 9.5 depending on how good FE, Prime, and BOTW 2 look.

All of the above plus any of DK, Mario, 2D Zelda, Pikmin, a nice surprise, etc. - 10/10

No. It lines up with the past 5 years of having a General Direct in September
I don't know who it was insider-wise, but one literally said an announcement on Monday and show on Tuesday. Which for general direct they usually don't do that more of a game-specific or mini move.

I don't know who it was insider-wise, but one literally said an announcement on Monday and show on Tuesday. Which for general direct they usually don't do that more of a game-specific or mini move.
This time it’s the week of TGS, though. There’s a pretty clear reason why they might have the Direct earlier in the week than is typical.

Just give me FE17. Or even FE17 and FE18. One new original installment and the other being a remake of whatever older game pre-Awakening that needs to be remade.

I still don't get what people are mad at with the NSO borders
I think it's just that they aren't especially aesthetically pleasing and you can't disable them for (seemingly) no reason.

I'm always #TeamNoBorders (universally) so I sympathize. I would prefer to stare into the abyss like I do on all of my retro collections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom