• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I for one am never skeptical and will believe whatever rumor I enjoy the most. Star Fox GP is coming and no one will convince me otherwise.

Also, shoutout to Nate, Emily, Grubb and Liam who have provided tons of great content and reliable info over the years

Joke in the Simpson, once upon a time ketchup was once called catsup. They were the same thing!
I remember the simpsons gag I just never knew where the heck catsup came from. Outside of that gag I've never seen it called anything but ketchup.
Your post prompted my curiosity and apparently there were multiple romanizations of the Hokkien word ke-tsiap. In the 1800s Ketchup was popular in England and for some god-forsaken reason Catsup was popular in the US, until a cleric performed an exorcism on the whole gad dang country and we finally started calling it ketchup too.
Presumably what someone attempting to fit in with the youth and trying to recall the phrase "sup dog" came up with in his growing desperation.
how did you read my text messages
i kinda don't like cauliflower
dude fuck cauliflower it's like broccoli for disturbed deviants

oh - fight starting opinions?

- Ocarina of time is the worst 3D Zelda. Playing them all it once, it’s basically aged as a template - one that the others took and added their own unique quirks to stand out which made them resonate more.

- Metroid is the only other Nintendo series that stands with Mario and Zelda in terms of acclaim and industry impact. Put respect on its name.

- miis are terrible and always have been. Don’t understand the recent revisionism with them. Thought we’ve always hated them

- The DS has by far the worst first party library of modern Nintendo consoles

- BotW’s OST is the best of the series.

- The Origami King being a great game doesn’t mean that the Mario quality control restrictions aren’t fucking stupid and don’t hold the game back from being way better. Hate when people handwave those criticisms just because the game is good, it’s still a massive problem that shouldn’t be an issue at all and it’s ridiculous that after a decade of fan blowback it still is.

- NSO is fairly priced - a steal even. NSO+ EP is getting there. Like $2 a month for access to a whole library of NES and SNES is insane, and I feel crazy reading that it’s apparently a bad deal

- NSO is fairly priced - a steal even. NSO+ EP is getting there. Like $2 a month for access to a whole library of NES and SNES is insane, and I feel crazy reading that it’s apparently a bad deal
As someone who got the sub day one, I'd argue it will become a steal as soon as GB, GBC, and GBA are added

Assuming GB and GBA are announced on Tuesday, it's going to be real nice having Metroid 1-5 on Switch
Yes! They could fill so many gaps in their library, even if they only start with, like, ten games on each system.

I need Mole Mania and DK ‘94 on my Switch. I need Kirby’s Dream Land 2 and Super Mario Land 2 and Wario Land. It’s going to happen, I can feel it.

Video games.

Go in with realistic expectations. Don't expect something epic because they skipped a General Direct in June.
That means everyone expecting f-zero =

wM0IyFk.gif

Video games.

Go in with realistic expectations. Don't expect something epic because they skipped a General Direct in June.

I’m usually satisfied with any direct (always something I’m interested in) regardless of what others perceptions may be. The hype before the direct is always part of the enjoyment! Thanks for the response and everybody should keep expectations in check and enjoy the show!

Video games.

Oh so now I'm expecting BOTW2, Metroid Prime 4, Mario Odyssey 2, Pikmin 4, Metroid 6, Koizumi spin off game, Splatoon 4.
thanks Nate

As someone who got the sub day one, I'd argue it will become a steal as soon as GB, GBC, and GBA are added
Yes as I said the EP is getting there. Not quite there yet for me but it’s close.

The base sub is though

Video games.

In all seriousness Nate, how do you feel about us finally getting a substantial update about BOTW2? Grubb's speculating we should finally get the name, and that goes alongside a trailer of course.

Is it realistic to expect the solely announced Spring 2023 title they have that we first saw 3 years ago
It’s realistic, but I wouldn’t go in expecting 100%. I myself do not believe the game will be shown here. Maybe a mention if they have other Zelda projects to reveal. I believe Nintendo has bigger plans for BotW 2 with a reveal in its own event or new hardware showcase.

NSO is also, like, an online service, of which NES and SNES games are only one feature. I think a lot of the criticism of the value of NSO comes from people who don’t really play online and just want it to be Nintendo Vault or Nintendo+ or something, and A) that’s not really what it’s pitched as and B) if it was trying to be that it would be more than nineteen bucks a year. I always viewed the NES and SNES libraries as, like, a bonus. A consolation for discontinuing the NES and SNES Classics.

We can debate whether you should have to pay for online play on consoles, but what’s not up for debate is that $19.99 is significantly cheaper a service for getting you online play than any other system.

I think NSO+EP is a pretty good deal too. It’ll be interesting to see if they continue to add older expansion packs to it, like they did with Octo Expansion. The family plan in particular seems bizarrely generous. $79.99 for up to like eight people for a year?

I’m already anticipating another Monolith Soft Game Dammit, they need to release a game every 3 months!
Oh yeah, you asked last week for rumors about another Monolith Soft project. I went back and checked and found a post Nate made on the purple site last year:
NateDrake said:
Could you see MonolithSoft trying something different soon, or are they the Xenoblade/Zelda team for the foreseeable future?
Both. They'll remain active on XBC and providing assistance on Zelda; but also have something new.

Any new rumours (real or fake) about what’s going to be announced in the Nintendo Direct ?
Live-A-Live 2, Super Princess Peach 2, and a new IP where you play a sentient fence. Expect to see a Nintendo character last seen in the 00s return in a visual novel. And a certain malodorous mare will finally show up.

Source: I made it up.

the wind rises is the best ghibli film
Never seen it but I wanna
when marnie was there is the worst ghibli film
Never seen it but now I don't wanna
turning red is the best pixar film
I'd say Incredibles but that's more personal taste than outright quality. Turning Red is definitely up there
mario 64 is the best 3d mario
Agree
pikmin should never be outsourced again
Agree
fuck the sportsmates
Agree
splatoon is the best nintendo series
It's up there
they should never make a "mother 4"
Agree
callie > marie
Fuckin agree
fuck the f-zero gx soundtrack
Never heard it but I trust you on music more than I trust myself
the first animal crossing is the best one
The N64 one?
mario is not a great ip
...I'll say I'm impressed by how versatile an IP it is.
fuck the switch lite
As a mostly-docked player I don't have a horse in this race but... sure
pineapple is fine for pizza
Only if accompanying jalapenos to balance them

Assuming GB and GBA are announced on Tuesday, it's going to be real nice having Metroid 1-5 on Switch
Speaking of which... since previous NSO apps released with around 20sh games each (with N64 being the exception), and assuming the whole Game Boy line will be at one app.. how about a guessing game of the launch lineup?

I'll start...

• Super Mario Land
  • Tetris
  • Metroid II: Return of Samus
  • Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge

• Pokémon Pinball
  • Wario Land 3
  • Bionic Commando: Elite Forces
  • Pocket Bomberman

• F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  • Golden Sun
  • Fire Emblem
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  • DK: King of Swing
  • Drill Dozer
  • Sonic Advance
  • Konami Krazy Racers

oh - fight starting opinions?

- Ocarina of time is the worst 3D Zelda. Playing them all it once, it’s basically aged as a template - one that the others took and added their own unique quirks to stand out which made them resonate more.

- Metroid is the only other Nintendo series that stands with Mario and Zelda in terms of acclaim and industry impact. Put respect on its name.

- miis are terrible and always have been. Don’t understand the recent revisionism with them. Thought we’ve always hated them

- The DS has by far the worst first party library of modern Nintendo consoles

- BotW’s OST is the best of the series.

- The Origami King being a great game doesn’t mean that the Mario quality control restrictions aren’t fucking stupid and don’t hold the game back from being way better. Hate when people handwave those criticisms just because the game is good, it’s still a massive problem that shouldn’t be an issue at all and it’s ridiculous that after a decade of fan blowback it still is.

Love to share my opinion to these opinions in all good Fun

-Ocarina of Time’s pacing and level design outshine every 3D Zelda game that came after. Still the best 3D game overall.

-Pokémon is right there and inspired a ton of stuff and was a critically acclaimed series up until 3DS started to give them high score but nothing grand scale. Metroid “inspired” a indie genre but it was also influence by another series that never really gets the credit by Nintendo fans themselves lol

-Mii’s were always in the line of “well liked” but some took it as Nintendo being too causal and made a tantrum about it. Harmless but really little nowadays with Nintendo putting aside for a lot of stuff.

-the Wii is the worst for 1st party stuff personally. I own only 10 games for that system. Is the most disappointing system library I own. But perhaps that’s due to my disinterest in motion controls. My favorite games on it, you use the GameCube to play lol.

-BOTW is a top OST. But the best will have to be between Skyward Sword or Ocarina of Time. I would say Ocarina of Time. That game was a masterful work of storytelling with its music and usage in of music in game. Something that BOTW couldn’t come close too unfortunately.

-Should be free of restrictions. Don’t get the idea behind it. But I guess we would have to be a fly on the wall to learn the secrets.

-Paying money for games still having poor online is still a rip-off personally. I don’t even play online but that’s really the main package. If it was just Virtual console, I would think it’s a good deal. N64 at 50 isn’t tho lol. Solid games on it, but really needs that GBA to be worth it.

oh god, that's gonna require a lot of fights

here are my worst opinions:
  • the wind rises is the best ghibli film
  • when marnie was there is the worst ghibli film
  • turning red is the best pixar film
  • mario 64 is the best 3d mario
  • pikmin should never be outsourced again
  • fuck the sportsmates
  • splatoon is the best nintendo series
  • they should never make a "mother 4"
  • callie > marie
  • fuck the f-zero gx soundtrack
  • the first animal crossing is the best one
  • mario is not a great ip
  • fuck the switch lite
  • pineapple is fine for pizza
The best Pixar film is Ratatouille.

If I come out the other side with Twilight Princess, Arkham City, and Metroid Prime it’ll be a 10/10 for me.

Guys, in my honest opinion; I’m really excited for the Mario movie and hope we get a trailer at the direct. I think it will be great for my kid to get introduced to the Nintendo Characters. He randomly (on his own) starts up the switch and somehow boots up Mario kart and plays on auto drive/steer/ accelerate and he’s only 2 1/2 years old!

My videos have zero script. So that means there is no thought before I say it.
Credit where it's due: everyone here has been incredibly gracious in their responses to this obvious layup.

I'm begging you to at least consider giving it some thought after you say it
So say we all. This is something we should all be willing to do if we are to improve ourselves as individuals.

I probably won't tbh.

With the schedule I have and how tight it is, and the fact that what I said still doesn't bother me. It's whatever at this point.
Welp. So much for reflection and desire for self-improvement.
Not that I'm terribly surprised, to be honest.

I have my parents peer review my shitposts before posting them.
"How exemplary! What a truly insightful and well-considered piece of writing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom