• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
god is dead and they were killed in this thread
I want you to know that back when weird used DVD and CD stores were a thing, I would fish around at them all the time for weird shit

which lead to me getting a scratched up mess of a 30 Days of Night DVD, which I watched for the fuck of it

the thing glitched out to all hell and I was not particularly good at following the movie, nor did I give much of a shit, but this part I remember clearly…

the DVD stopped glitching out for perfect clarity when the one woman is just screaming and shouts “GOD” and the funky winter vampire goes:

“god? mm. no. no god.”

and I presume kills her as she screams again about that (as if that’s somehow scarier)

not that I would know because her scream was interrupted by the DVD losing its absolute SHIT and glitching out MUCH worse than before, including pure audio mayhem and fun whirring coming from my DVD player

so every time someone says any variation of “god is dead,” that’s what I think of

and if you ever see me say “no god”

that’s probably also what I’m thinking of

Last edited:
This would require the knowledge that my channel use to cover Samus Hunter. It's more of a long standing thing and was intended as a shot at fake leskers, but since I refuse to say her username in a video again... Crap happens.

We all make mistakes, it's life. I enjoy watching the smaller YouTube channels (ie: RGT, Switch Force, Nintendo Prime, etc). While I don't generally learn anything new I enjoy the conversations and hearing what other people think on various rumors and speculation and general Nintendo news.

At the end of the day, we are all skeptics and we are all weary when it comes to Nintendo rumors and speculation. Some insiders are more reliable then others but even the good insiders may get a bad source from time to time or they will say something and internally Nintendo will move something around or do something different. That of course doesn't mean said insider was lying or spreading fud. Just means, "Plans Change" at Nate put it before. Some insiders are more reliable then others and I think people here are pretty good at figuring out which ones are honest and which ones are not. I never got the impression that Nate, Emily, Jeff Grubb, etc were ever misleading people. I think generally they all do a pretty good job with the information they have access to even if they are not always 100% correct every single time. These individuals have a solid track record and none of them need to be out there sharing information and staying in touch with the community.

Let's all get excited for a new Direct and hope that it indeed happens this week and we get a good show and keep on making the content you want and just have fun with all of it. As someone who use to be a content provider back in the day, always remember that content creation is ALWAYS for the love of the community and about the fans above making money, fame or anything else. :) All of us here whether we are insiders or regular Nintendo fans excited for the next great game, all work toward driving a good healthy community discussion. All of us are on the same page at the end of the day and we all want and welcome great content from Nintendo and great discussions. :)

Yep. This whole shenanigan was an issue of phrasing and framing and it's the framing/phrasing that I and others objected to, and I feel that was clear from our responses.

By not being clear on what or who you're referring to, it contributes to the whole nebulous and toxic discourse that acts as if every person sharing information is the same, or part of some sort of weird collective, and that always leads to abuse.
It's further blurred when citing specific individuals in a video & then pivoting to passive attacks without saying who it is about. The framing makes it sound like one is dismissing the very claims in the video as something a fake account would do. Ultimately, there was no need to mention how or why a fake account would claim a game/games are stockpiled. It had no relevance.

"Unlike certain Twitter insiders that have since gone silent after being exposed for being uninformed..."; it's really not challenging to be clear about who is being referred to without naming them. Or just name them, if you feel the need to reference them in any form. If you have to dance around their name then the statement meant for them has no value & should be omitted.
The thing is, your able to sit there and think about what your typing before you type it.

My videos have zero script. So that means there is no thought before I say it.

oh god, that's gonna require a lot of fights

here are my worst opinions:
  • turning red is the best pixar film
I thought you said these were bad opinio-
  • mario is not a great ip
5f2.jpg

• the wind rises is the best ghibli film
  • when marnie was there is the worst ghibli film
  • mario 64 is the best 3d mario
  • pikmin should never be outsourced again
  • fuck the sportsmates
  • splatoon is the best nintendo series
  • they should never make a "mother 4"
  • callie > marie
  • fuck the f-zero gx soundtrack
  • the first animal crossing is the best one
  • fuck the switch lite
  • pineapple is fine for pizza
Well I’m quite ok with lots of this. My worst Ghibli would be « Kiki Delivery Witch ». Nothing happen. Like… it’s cute and all, but… She’s a which and all she does is… oh let me guess Lord Almighty Miyazaki : she delivers things and… nothing happen because « god forbid I use my magic ». Imagine Harry Potter if the terf just made the Hogfarts school a totally basic school with 0 magic, 0 creatures, just the same non magic school as everywhere else. It’s such a waste of potential.

Speaking of : I also hated Howl’s Moving Castle for pretty much the same reasons : Woman must do chores during 90% of the movie while the MAN is doing the war (did a woman burned Miyazaki’s house and kicked him in the nuts after Mononoké Hime or what ? They all do the same, even his son did the same with EarthSea). And that’s it. That’s the entire movie. You have a cursed girl turned into an old woman forced to do chores into a MAGICAL MOVING CASTLE full of mystery and… that’s it. That’s the plot.

The thing is, your able to sit there and think about what your typing before you type it.

Then perhaps consider using bullet points to help guide what you're saying; that's what I do when speaking to an audience precisely because I'm liable to say whatever pops into my brain.

As mentioned above: do bullet-points.

Neither MVG or myself have thoughts written down before a podcast. Nothing is scripted. The topic is planned and nothing beyond. We listen to each other & we think before we speak. We think about framing and how to present what we want to say. We don't just blurt it out.

If it is something that requires research, we do it and prepare ourselves with basic talking points that we would want to address.

• the wind rises is the best ghibli film
  • when marnie was there is the worst ghibli film
  • mario 64 is the best 3d mario
  • pikmin should never be outsourced again
  • fuck the sportsmates
  • splatoon is the best nintendo series
  • they should never make a "mother 4"
  • callie > marie
  • fuck the f-zero gx soundtrack
  • the first animal crossing is the best one
  • fuck the switch lite
  • pineapple is fine for pizza
ghibli opinions aside, these are mostly based tbh

News about DQ 3 HD-2D VS Pixel remasters? I think, at this point, we hear about DQ first.
I think Pixel Remasters are likely to be this year, for the anniversary. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if the first one is shadowdropped. DQIII HD seems like a bigger project that is a little bit further out; Q1 seems like a good time for it.

Reminder how in September 2020 a Partner Showcase was tweeted at 3:38AM EST
As for why? Who knows?

Um, we do know, it was because they announced it to investors after a meeting, and then posted it manually when the meeting was over

mic drop

Not sure if there's any effort involved, looks like you just pour in water and grounds, then stick it in the fridge. Just make it part of your nightly routine, you get free cold brew every morning.
This. You literally just fill it up, set in the fridge and come back the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom