• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been checking this thread much in case some large direct content leaks happen, announcement still on for roughly 13? hours or so from now?

giphy.gif

I’m guessing Advance Wars isn’t coming this year, right? I’d assume early next year would be a good time to release, around January or February. Sucks that fans have had to wait this long though due to really bad timing.

oh god, that's gonna require a lot of fights

here are my worst opinions:
  • the wind rises is the best ghibli film
  • when marnie was there is the worst ghibli film
  • turning red is the best pixar film
  • mario 64 is the best 3d mario
  • pikmin should never be outsourced again
  • fuck the sportsmates
  • splatoon is the best nintendo series
  • they should never make a "mother 4"
  • callie > marie
  • fuck the f-zero gx soundtrack
  • the first animal crossing is the best one
  • mario is not a great ip
  • fuck the switch lite
  • pineapple is fine for pizza
The Cat Returns is the worst Ghibli.

The Wind Rises is great, could do with a bit of editing though.

I appreciated discovering this song too.

Marnie is a beautiful movie.

I’m guessing Advance Wars isn’t coming this year, right? I’d assume early next year would be a good time to release, around January or February. Sucks that fans have had to wait this long though due to really bad timing.
It could be a candidate for December, 12 months after the original release date. January is another good bet. Given that leaked copy earlier this year (when Nintendo accidentally distributed a download code and someone had access to the game) it's completely finished and ready to go whenever.

Do we think that if Prime Remastered is revealed it comes with any kind of update on the status of Prime 4? Maybe a logo and a 'Please Understand' ?

nooooo

the large iced coffee for $1 deal on the mcdonalds app ended

what am i going to do now? pay $2.29 like some sort of millionaire?

Do we think that if Prime Remastered is revealed it comes with any kind of update on the status of Prime 4? Maybe a logo and a 'Please Understand' ?
I don't think Nintendo show anything of the game unless they're completely ready to do so. Otherwise, I think it'll just be mentioned in the lead up to a Prime HD announcement.

First off, I appreciate you being cordial. Have from the start. Thank you. I'm ntk breaking this up because I'm on my phone now and it's just harder to break it up then at my desktop.

I liken it to this: should I be considerate of Nintendo when they said BoTW 2 in 2022 and I said, at that time all the way to the delay, that I think it's going to be delayed because Nintendo seems to always delay Zelda? Most would say no, that's fair. Because Nintendo has a history of it. But also, maybe don't say that because your throwing skepticism and "biting the hand" that feeds me directly - after all, no Nintendo, there is no Nintendo Prime.

Likewise, Nate and Emily have a track record of getting things right. They also have gotten a lot of others things wrong (in so much as those games never got announced and released). Emily and Nate are not my friends. I do not know them. Nintendo isn't my friend, I don't know them either.

But is it fair to blindly believe everything said because you want to and trust them? I think that's always setting yourself up for disappointment. As for "you are just skeptical and don't fairly balance it" - how don't I? I talk about their rumors on podcasts. Not a single rumor in that video didn't already have dedicated content on my channel. And every one of those rumors I told people to remember this is all unverified information, but these fo come from reliable places. Jeff Grub being a fully public journalist. Emily being one of the most well known insiders around, and Nate - going to be honest - I know the least about. Other than he's been present at all these forums, in soawncast, and works with mvg on a podcast. But I don't know anything about him. Why he has sources? Whats his industry history? Yet, I've defended him from destructors many times because he doesn address criticism publicly and because Emily Rogers has vouched for him. I respect Emily that much that her vouching for him is indeed, enough for me.

However, and I am trying to be open - you admit what I do may be fine for my audience but what does it matter if Emily and Nate don't like what I say?

In earnest, why does that matter one bit? Does it actually effect them negatively? Jeff Grub gets more shit than they do but that's because of how public he is.

And you can say I should care that it might effect them - but is what I saying untrue? Do they have flawless records? They would likely be the first to tell you no.

So in the end, where did I call them liars? I said this one thing is convenient, and? If they were liars, why would I even cover it?

I am glad you see that I just like to stay in the middle. That means some videos are more skeptical and some and more pro rumor people. It's near impossible to balance in each video because my videos aren't scriptes. It's off the cuff.

My prime 5 does a better job mostly because I don't give any opinions in it.

Just the news.

But weekend videos I let myself get more of a say. In a prime 5, this is like a 1 minutr topic in a 9 minute video.

Honestly, I read this whole thing and it just seems like you do not understand the criticism being leveraged at you at all, because you keep bringing up "skepticism". There's a lot more nuance to what people are trying to tell you; nobody is saying you shouldn't be skeptical.

Since this is exhausting, and we've gone nowhere, I'm going to drop it. If you want to feel like people here just "don't like the way you say facts", I strongly, strongly recommend you consider why that's not true, and reread everyone's comments more thoroughly.

Thanks for your time and patience responding to all the criticism for the video

This Aonuma quote from 2017 is still pretty hype. BotW 2 will surprise a lot of people:

“First of all I think the point that ‘this is a Zelda’ is big. It’s a series that has been continuing for a long time, if I am to put it in words then perhaps everyone would have thought it’s not that simple to do a ‘reform’.

Furthermore, that reform causes a ‘surprise’ to all our users who have played Zelda until now, since it exceeds their imaginations by a bit, and I think perhaps that’s why they, including the media, have welcomed it with the ‘zeal’.

It’s not an easy thing to be able to answer expectations of all our users, but through this game, I recognized again that the significance of continuing to create the series is right there, so in the future I’d like to repeat doing “great fusses*” and provide ‘surprises’ that exceed everyone’s expectations.”

Honestly, I read this whole thing and it just seems like you do not understand the criticism being leveraged at you at all, because you keep bringing up "skepticism". There's a lot more nuance to what people are trying to tell you; nobody is saying you shouldn't be skeptical.

Since this is exhausting, and we've gone nowhere, I'm going to drop it. If you want to feel like people here just "don't like the way you say facts", I strongly, strongly recommend you consider why that's not true, and reread everyone's comments more thoroughly.

Thanks for your time and patience responding to all the criticism for the video
Your welcome. I don't really think anyone meant anything bad by it. We all have our thoughts and way we would do things and how we wish they would be done.

I am the first to admit I'm not perfect. And yeah, I can be pretty stubborn. One of my many flaws.

oh god, that's gonna require a lot of fights

here are my worst opinions:
  • the wind rises is the best ghibli film
  • when marnie was there is the worst ghibli film
  • turning red is the best pixar film
  • mario 64 is the best 3d mario
  • pikmin should never be outsourced again
  • fuck the sportsmates
  • splatoon is the best nintendo series
  • they should never make a "mother 4"
  • callie > marie
  • fuck the f-zero gx soundtrack
  • the first animal crossing is the best one
  • mario is not a great ip
  • fuck the switch lite
  • pineapple is fine for pizza

nicolas-cage-wickerman.gif

I suppose so. But, why even acknowledge the argument that these rumors are easily faked?
This would require the knowledge that my channel use to cover Samus Hunter. It's more of a long standing thing and was intended as a shot at fake leskers, but since I refuse to say her username in a video again... Crap happens.

Reminder how in September 2020 a Partner Showcase was tweeted at 3:38AM EST
As for why? Who knows?

I’m gonna fight you I swear to god

I’m casually scrolling through this thread and even though I know better each direct tweet post makes me feral

I mean, the criticism all said the same thing and I explained why I disagree with it, then it repeated the same stuff.
The point is that you don't seem to be understanding the criticism, so it's impossible for you to disagree and argue it if you're arguing against the wrong thing.

With ~13-14 hours to go until the announcement, most likely, just wanted to say that even though Famiboards was born out of necessity at the time, I think its creation is the best thing that has happened to this community in a very long time, and I'm grateful to have all of you along for the ride to shitpost and speculate together.

I was always taken aback by how this young child wasn't just startled, but in genuine distress.
did you… not have a stressful childhood?

did that happen for people? I don’t know any of them

I would have wanted to run, but probably would have frozen up, and I’d be scared fucking shitless if I was there

This would require the knowledge that my channel use to cover Samus Hunter. It's more of a long standing thing and was intended as a shot at fake leskers, but since I refuse to say her username in a video again... Crap happens.
"Unlike certain Twitter insiders that have since gone silent after being exposed for being uninformed..."; it's really not challenging to be clear about who is being referred to without naming them. Or just name them, if you feel the need to reference them in any form. If you have to dance around their name then the statement meant for them has no value & should be omitted.

I just want to go ahead and say that my autocorrect is homophobic and does not account for all kinds of things

no sense for context clues, folksy aphorisms, creative language, or even like just basic words and phrases

aggressively corrects things without telling me, like it’s helping somehow??

all this to say that my last post said “know” instead of “no” and I definitively typed “know” the first time and am losing my mind about it

edit: it even corrected “losing my mind” to “loving my mind” why is satan among us

personally I'm a big dumb asshole who shits on rumors all the time

if I were making money off of them I would not do that

I just want to go ahead and say that my autocorrect is homophobic and does not account for all kinds of things

no sense for context clues, folksy aphorisms, creative language, or even like just basic words and phrases

all this to say that my last post said “know” instead of “no” and I definitively typed “know” the first time and am losing my mind about it

edit: it even corrected “losing my mind” to “loving my mind” why is satan among us
Your phone is preaching self-care, love your mind sus.

"Unlike certain Twitter insiders that have since gone silent after being exposed for being uninformed..."; it's really not challenging to be clear about who is being referred to without naming them. Or just name them, if you feel the need to reference them in any form. If you have to dance around their name then the statement meant for them has no value & should be omitted.
Yep. This whole shenanigan was an issue of phrasing and framing and it's the framing/phrasing that I and others objected to, and I feel that was clear from our responses.

By not being clear on what or who you're referring to, it contributes to the whole nebulous and toxic discourse that acts as if every person sharing information is the same, or part of some sort of weird collective, and that always leads to abuse.

With ~13-14 hours to go until the announcement, most likely, just wanted to say that even though Famiboards was born out of necessity at the time, I think its creation is the best thing that has happened to this community in a very long time, and I'm grateful to have all of you along for the ride to shitpost and speculate together.

god is dead and they were killed in this thread
The duality of man

Autocorrect absolutely sucks. It sucks even more if you are frequently switching between different languages. I had it disabled years ago and never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom