• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s predict the wording of the tweet

When was the last time they called out a specific game? Could we get “Games including The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild”

Upcoming switch games? Switch games coming in 2022?
"Tune in for a Nintendo Direct focussing on late 2022 and early 2023 games. And no - BotW 2 will not be shown you Donuts."

I was thinking here while I'm in the bus going home after a day of 12 hours of work since morning (at least I had 2 hours of lunchbreak).
The name of the botw sequel was not revealed because the name was "spoilish". On what degree it would be that spoilish? Something like "Hero between Times", maybe a name of new musical instrument that needs to be revealed?
A character's name? It's really exciting to think about the possibilities!

There's a real chance, following this Direct, I'm just going to go goblin mode and preorder a ridiculous number of games to help me get over what's been a tough year.

And then I will post here every single day about how I don't have time for all these gammeeeeessssssssss

September 13 is exactly the 25th anniversary of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. That doesn’t really mean anything, but it would be cool to get a release date or something. (Maybe December 9? If it’s does indeed end up being a late 2022 title, it’s going to be a late 2022 title).

oh god, that's gonna require a lot of fights

here are my worst opinions:
  • the wind rises is the best ghibli film
  • when marnie was there is the worst ghibli film
  • turning red is the best pixar film
  • mario 64 is the best 3d mario
  • pikmin should never be outsourced again
  • fuck the sportsmates
  • splatoon is the best nintendo series
  • they should never make a "mother 4"
  • callie > marie
  • fuck the f-zero gx soundtrack
  • the first animal crossing is the best one
  • mario is not a great ip
  • fuck the switch lite
  • pineapple is fine for pizza
Not pineapple only, but cherries and figs go really well too!

Man I could use some fun news tomorrow, life has been very stressful lately.
No worries. Donkey Kong will have you covered with good vibes.

119da8ce2d77f83b3da9df1b6fec4d02.gif

Quoted by: Joe
Dude. I love Metroid Fusion. It being available on a Handheld system again would be more hype to me then Prime.
It was my first Metroid. At the time, Mega Man X was my favorite game. So Fusion blew my mind. It was like Mega Man X, but with an interconnected world and a gripping plot! I was hooked.

If there's any long running rumour I'd love to see pan out this week it absolutely would be Entertainment, Planning and Donkey Kong Group No 8 being real and being IMMINENT.

BRING ON THE MONKEPD

The AX version of Big Blue does some serious lifting for the F-Zero GX soundtrack, but by and large X’s soundtrack is vastly superior.

EDIT: And don’t get me started on Wave Race 64’s soundtrack over Blue Storm.

My direct prediction. Gameboy/GBC games on base NSO. GBA is completely MIA.

The yearly NSO Expansion Pak resub bait is a free copy FZero GX HD with online play. F Zero coming back is a monkey paw situation. It can ONLY be played if subscribed to the Expansion Pak. You cannot buy the game.

Let's get into it.
Haven't seen it
Haven't seen it
Haven't seen it
Played all 3D Mario's and I can see where you're coming from. At least it's not 3D Land.
Never knew Pikmin was outsourced, only played 1 & 3
  • fuck the sportsmates
No idea what you're talking about
You're wrong.
Never played Mother.
  • callie > marie
Have never interacted with them so I wouldn't know who to choose.
Never heard a single F-ZERO GX track
I've only played New Horizons and as far as I know that one is on the lesser side so I can't really argue against this.
I feel Mario as an IP can be greatly expanded.
  • fuck the switch lite
I personally don't see the use for it either. It's good for those who want it, but I personally wouldn't buy one.
I agree.

Strange that we didn't had a Indie in August. Make me wonder if we will get to see some indies in this general one too
As I've stated before I genuinely think they've started to stall on Indie Worlds because people yelling for Silksong drowns out every game they show without fail, on top of making people on the developer side hesitant

we need a pink game & watch that comes with Kirby’s Dream Land 1, 2, and Adventure and i will not rest until we have it

As I've stated before I genuinely think they've started to stall on Indie Worlds because people yelling for Silksong drowns out every game they show without fail, on top of making people on the developer side hesitant
It's really frustrating, because yeah I want the game real bad too, but keep that chaos on the subreddit where it belongs.

Really does feel like that despite being in September, the anticipation levels for a September Direct are similar to an E3 presentation, maybe even more.

Because they skipped a general one for the whole summer, there will probably be a lot of game announcements, and whether it meets expectations or not, people’s hopes and wishes will definitely be through the damn roof.

But that’s not an accurate description of, like, any of the criticism you’ve received in this thread.

Again, that’s not what anyone is saying.

Again, that’s not what anyone is saying.

You’re acting in bad faith because in three sentences you misrepresented the criticism you’ve received three times. Either you are acting in bad faith or you have the reading comprehension of a child; either way I’m not going to continue this conversation with you.
I mean, the criticism all said the same thing and I explained why I disagree with it, then it repeated the same stuff.

Not sure what you call it other than we simply don't agree. Saying I have the reading comprehension of child is just poor taste in your part. If you wish to insult someones intelligence, that's your choice. People not understanding each other on the Internet is very common, and often easily sorted through off text formats. But alas, you don't like me and wish to insult me. cool.
I know you've already had several responses, but just wanted to share a thought I had.

Nintendo stockpiling is only "factually convenient" for people who make stuff up. It is factually inconvenient for people with actual sources (they have to wait longer to be shown they are right).

Therefore I don't consider that a neutral phrase.

Just my opinion :)
It's cool. You do make a point that it works the other way against those with real sources. I'll say this, you definitely got me on this one.

I think what overall frustrates me is the number of times I have defended Nate and Emily, and Jeff tbh, is so massively tilted the other direction that a couple lines of skepticism and people acting as if I am attacking them just rubs ME the wrong way. Because I've been defending them for years.

But it doesn't mean I won't let my honest skepticism out, and when I said that I was literally thinking about Samus Hunter - but since I don't talk about her on the channel anymore I didn't want to utter the name.

I could have clarified more what I meant in this being convenient for fake insiders. In that, it came off wrong.

EDIT: btw I'm sorry for any thread derailing this has caused. Didn't mean for it too. If enough folks care to make a thread critiquing YouTubers or just me I'm cool with that. I do want to be better.

I'm stupidly excited for this week's direct.

• fuck the sportsmates
  • callie > marie
  • fuck the switch lite

god he only asked for 93 posts - what've you done

Pretty sure announcement times are always at 6am PST and PDT, so regardless of US daylight savings. The air times of the directs do change though, expect 3pm PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom