• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see the remaster of GX with online play mainly. I wonder how many players could they achieve without changing the graphics engine too much.

No.

I can just say who it is.

Majority of these games are not being stockpiled. They are in active development or simply rumored. No one is claiming MS has stockpiled two dozen games for the Xbox Series. The games are in development. The term "bank" or "stockpiled" insinuates that the games are done and sitting in a pile waiting to be released.

I get the feeling based on your tone that you're not taking the feedback and criticism as well as you were earlier. If you're no longer open to feedback, I can slow it down. You just seemed to be receptive, and I appreciate a good content feedback loop.

I think you're starting to make sense, and the problem is just that you're not explaining yourself well enough.

You're not "being fair" to skeptics; instead you're trying to "represent all sides". In an attempt to be "fair and balanced" I suppose.

If you wanted to "be fair" to skeptics, all you have to do is simply *state that these are rumors and not facts".

But you're not doing that. In fact, you state twice directly that the insiders themselves are dubious, and you make no claim of believing them.

I don't know why we have to explain to you that this is "unfair" to the people providing you content.

This is a gross misunderstanding of our skepticism. We are skeptics. We just don't have to vocalize it because we all already know how skeptical we are.

I appreciate you taking feedback here, this is nice.

This is fine for your audience. But you're entirely unconcerned with what's fine (or not fine) for the people providing your content.

I think you should reframe this in your mind to:

"A youtube channel that throws distrust toward insiders and validates those who call them liars is naturally not going to be taken in with open arms by the communities of those insiders."

I wasn't aware of that situation, and certainly wouldn't have been okay with making fun of your video.

Agree to disagree, then.
First off, I appreciate you being cordial. Have from the start. Thank you. I'm ntk breaking this up because I'm on my phone now and it's just harder to break it up then at my desktop.

I liken it to this: should I be considerate of Nintendo when they said BoTW 2 in 2022 and I said, at that time all the way to the delay, that I think it's going to be delayed because Nintendo seems to always delay Zelda? Most would say no, that's fair. Because Nintendo has a history of it. But also, maybe don't say that because your throwing skepticism and "biting the hand" that feeds me directly - after all, no Nintendo, there is no Nintendo Prime.

Likewise, Nate and Emily have a track record of getting things right. They also have gotten a lot of others things wrong (in so much as those games never got announced and released). Emily and Nate are not my friends. I do not know them. Nintendo isn't my friend, I don't know them either.

But is it fair to blindly believe everything said because you want to and trust them? I think that's always setting yourself up for disappointment. As for "you are just skeptical and don't fairly balance it" - how don't I? I talk about their rumors on podcasts. Not a single rumor in that video didn't already have dedicated content on my channel. And every one of those rumors I told people to remember this is all unverified information, but these fo come from reliable places. Jeff Grub being a fully public journalist. Emily being one of the most well known insiders around, and Nate - going to be honest - I know the least about. Other than he's been present at all these forums, in soawncast, and works with mvg on a podcast. But I don't know anything about him. Why he has sources? Whats his industry history? Yet, I've defended him from destructors many times because he doesn address criticism publicly and because Emily Rogers has vouched for him. I respect Emily that much that her vouching for him is indeed, enough for me.

However, and I am trying to be open - you admit what I do may be fine for my audience but what does it matter if Emily and Nate don't like what I say?

In earnest, why does that matter one bit? Does it actually effect them negatively? Jeff Grub gets more shit than they do but that's because of how public he is.

And you can say I should care that it might effect them - but is what I saying untrue? Do they have flawless records? They would likely be the first to tell you no.

So in the end, where did I call them liars? I said this one thing is convenient, and? If they were liars, why would I even cover it?

I am glad you see that I just like to stay in the middle. That means some videos are more skeptical and some and more pro rumor people. It's near impossible to balance in each video because my videos aren't scriptes. It's off the cuff.

My prime 5 does a better job mostly because I don't give any opinions in it.

Just the news.

But weekend videos I let myself get more of a say. In a prime 5, this is like a 1 minutr topic in a 9 minute video.

What third party games are y’all hoping to see, that seem primed to release in the period this Direct will likely cover (through early 2023)? For me it’s the FF Pixel Remasters and Dragon Quest III HD.
I really want a release date for Alan Wake. One of my favorite games ever. Other than that, probably Batman Arkham Collection, Skyrim Legendary Edition, Mass Effect, and maybe GTAV or RDR?

One smaller project that doesn't seem to be on people's radars is whatever Vanpool where contracted/hiring for (I remember this being posted - maybe someone else remembers the specifics?). Given their work on Switch thus far has been Kirby-centric, I wonder if we're going to get some sort of Kirby compilation, or perhaps a port of one of the 3DS titles. Given it's Kirby's 30th anniversary year, I don't think we've seen the last of it.
vanpool kirby collection my beloved
Honestly, been kind of hoping for a Kirby collection.

In an ideal world, Vanpool would collect their Tingle games, as well as Freshly Picked Rosey Rupeeland, and release a Tingle compilation as this year's annual Zelda release.
Been asking for the collected Tingle series as well. I still think IntSys could theoretically do well with an entry in that as well.

In E3 2021 I almost fell out of my chair when BOTW2 was shown. I wonder if there will be something this coming direct to make me fall down lol. If they show 3D Mario that will probably be it

Edit - forget it. I said I wouldn't derail the thread and I'd rather not continue this conversation. There's strawmanning going on and I can think of better ways to spend my time.

The real megaton of the direct is the Star Wars game Aspyr will dig up to port to Switch. I expect one of the Battlefront games or Bounty Hunter.

it’s so obviously necessary to follow up the dream collection for the 20th anniversary

the gb and gba games will hopefully hit nso but we really need the ds, wii, and 3ds games to be available
Yeah, it's my assumption that the rest of the stuff on dream collection should come to NSO. I'd guess the 3DS and Wii titles are good candidates for remasters/ports.

I am not even sure I’ll get Skyrim anniversary on switch.m that will be obsolete once I get my steam deck and access to Skyrim with mods,

I am still getting third party games on switch despite them being better on deck. I want to show support

I am not even sure I’ll get Skyrim anniversary on switch.m that will be obsolete once I get my steam deck and access to Skyrim with mods,

I am still getting third party games on switch despite them being better on deck. I want to show support
I still feel good about not getting Skyrim Anniversary for Xbox when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago. I win this round, Todd!

The only game I really want news about is botw2. Everything else people have discussed as possibilities or rumours all sound amazing too, but I am going to be flexible with my expectations of what will show up this time around. I feel like out of all the directs, this one has the most potential for surprises since we don't really know about any game with solid dates after Pokemon in November. A lot of room for whatever Nintendo wants to fill it with

Not gonna lie. I don't take BotW 2 footage for granted. All bets are off when it comes to that game. I have to protect myself emotionally.

If they show it I'll be over the moon. If they they don't I will just pretend it doesn't exist until I'll hold it in my hands.

Ok wait I’ve seen so much focus on when the direct gets announced I’ve completely forgotten when they actually air is it still ~5 PM ET? Is that when the February one was?

What does it say about me having a nightmare last night that we‘d only get a 12 minutes first party direct mini without Metroid Prime Remaster or anything Gamecube and that it even counts as a nightmare for my brain, even when I‘m actually not caring about Metroid or Gamecube in the slightest? Am I already to far down the rabbit hole in being concerned about a marketing show being good for Gamecube fans? Should I start playing games for the Gamecube?

Let’s predict the wording of the tweet

When was the last time they called out a specific game? Could we get “Games including The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild”

Upcoming switch games? Switch games coming in 2022?
"What's up losers, it's Direct time. Pry your sweaty ass away from that crusty controller and tune in tomorrow at a time inconvenient for anyone that has a job or a family! We're gonna be talking about games and shit, you know the drill. No new hardware, so stfu. Anyway, tune in. Or don't. But I know you will. Simp.

Also, @Playstation, fuck you."

That will be the gist.

Need @Raccoon to get 93 more posts to make it an even 2k on this thread.
oh god, that's gonna require a lot of fights

here are my worst opinions:
  • the wind rises is the best ghibli film
  • when marnie was there is the worst ghibli film
  • turning red is the best pixar film
  • mario 64 is the best 3d mario
  • pikmin should never be outsourced again
  • fuck the sportsmates
  • splatoon is the best nintendo series
  • they should never make a "mother 4"
  • callie > marie
  • fuck the f-zero gx soundtrack
  • the first animal crossing is the best one
  • mario is not a great ip
  • fuck the switch lite
  • pineapple is fine for pizza

First off, I appreciate you being cordial. Have from the start. Thank you. I'm ntk breaking this up because I'm on my phone now and it's just harder to break it up then at my desktop.

I liken it to this: should I be considerate of Nintendo when they said BoTW 2 in 2022 and I said, at that time all the way to the delay, that I think it's going to be delayed because Nintendo seems to always delay Zelda? Most would say no, that's fair. Because Nintendo has a history of it. But also, maybe don't say that because your throwing skepticism and "biting the hand" that feeds me directly - after all, no Nintendo, there is no Nintendo Prime.

Likewise, Nate and Emily have a track record of getting things right. They also have gotten a lot of others things wrong (in so much as those games never got announced and released). Emily and Nate are not my friends. I do not know them. Nintendo isn't my friend, I don't know them either.

But is it fair to blindly believe everything said because you want to and trust them? I think that's always setting yourself up for disappointment. As for "you are just skeptical and don't fairly balance it" - how don't I? I talk about their rumors on podcasts. Not a single rumor in that video didn't already have dedicated content on my channel. And every one of those rumors I told people to remember this is all unverified information, but these fo come from reliable places. Jeff Grub being a fully public journalist. Emily being one of the most well known insiders around, and Nate - going to be honest - I know the least about. Other than he's been present at all these forums, in soawncast, and works with mvg on a podcast. But I don't know anything about him. Why he has sources? Whats his industry history? Yet, I've defended him from destructors many times because he doesn address criticism publicly and because Emily Rogers has vouched for him. I respect Emily that much that her vouching for him is indeed, enough for me.

However, and I am trying to be open - you admit what I do may be fine for my audience but what does it matter if Emily and Nate don't like what I say?

In earnest, why does that matter one bit? Does it actually effect them negatively? Jeff Grub gets more shit than they do but that's because of how public he is.

And you can say I should care that it might effect them - but is what I saying untrue? Do they have flawless records? They would likely be the first to tell you no.

So in the end, where did I call them liars? I said this one thing is convenient, and? If they were liars, why would I even cover it?

I am glad you see that I just like to stay in the middle. That means some videos are more skeptical and some and more pro rumor people. It's near impossible to balance in each video because my videos aren't scriptes. It's off the cuff.

My prime 5 does a better job mostly because I don't give any opinions in it.

Just the news.

But weekend videos I let myself get more of a say. In a prime 5, this is like a 1 minutr topic in a 9 minute video.
I know you've already had several responses, but just wanted to share a thought I had.

Nintendo stockpiling is only "factually convenient" for people who make stuff up. It is factually inconvenient for people with actual sources (they have to wait longer to be shown they are right).

Therefore I don't consider that a neutral phrase.

Just my opinion :)

Let’s predict the wording of the tweet

When was the last time they called out a specific game? Could we get “Games including The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild”

Upcoming switch games? Switch games coming in 2022?

"There will be no hardware announcements."

Nobody panic if there's nothing at 9 AM EST.

If there's nothing at 10 AM EST, then we can panic.

6t1qnh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom