• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming at you with a low effort conspiracy theory
what IF
the license did expire, and that's why they took it down - but they let it expire because they're going to be marketing a new unit instead!

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

oh yeah lol, duh

if it's just licensing they made a strange regional agreement
Though besides obvious stuff like distribution and local events Nintendo does still split up a lot of stuff regionally - at least more so than other Companies: Websites, Ads, My Nintendo Store, Video formats and for a long time even directs.

Don't Nintendo still have a bunch of Nintendo Switch My Way commercials on their channel, the sort of commercials that have limited air time on television and may or may not be subject to licensing agreements with the music they use? Some of those vids are 3 years old at this point.

Based on what Kits saying, I suppose they would private a video, renew the license, and make it public again. And since no ones tracking if a commercial is private, no one bats an eye. But if a hardware reveal vid is made private, everyone loses their minds. Makes sense.

Still, weird to me that it'd just be a 1 year license. And as mentioned before, Lite reveal was made private few days after oled reveal, presumably to avoid search query clash. Is the Lite reveal still private btw?

Ready to drop $700 Canada Bucks on that bad boy
god I really hope it isnโ€™t $700 CAD

just gonna wait for like four gens from now and pick up the scraps

Iโ€™ve done it before and Iโ€™ll do it again, my last home console before my 2017 Wii U was a Gamecube

Just some business thought. But since itโ€™s already hard to put switches on the shelf.

And components are hard to get. Wouldnโ€™t it be the one time youโ€™ll wonโ€™t be worried about launching it at a very high price?

And then use a positive PR move by lowering the price which will also create a mentality for consumers to go buy it cuase itโ€™s just โ€œcheaperโ€ if it that new lower price would usually still be too high but since itโ€™s discounted, theyโ€™ll pay?

Just a thought I had. Iโ€™m no expert so I could be way off base
I mean when would you move to a lower price point? As it currently stands the next hardware is going to move units. Just from this article alone shows how in demand Switch is. So, any follow up is going to be hard to supply. Most likely this device will be like Lite & OLED where the margins are lower but still making some form of money. I just donโ€™t see tangible benefits for this type of strategy.

OR

Evangelion 2.22: It Is (Not) Happening

Edit: Good job, @HockeyBird, barely beat me to the reference ๐Ÿ‘

hpw-caseylee.gif

Some Sonic fan you are.

"Wow, there's been 50 pages of discussion today, something huge must have happened."

nothing happened

In the end actually both can be true. Nintendo did take it down because they donโ€™t want to renew the license and because they have a new trailer/ad ready. It could be new hardware, but also just be another Switch OLED ad with games they want to advertise at the moment.

I mean for the same reason the labo trailers arenโ€˜t up anymore. They feature actors and music specifically made for the videos. They didnโ€˜t bother to keep the licenses because they likely donโ€˜t want to market it much anymore anyway. But they still keep other Labo Videos with no external producing because why not when it is free?

In the end actually both can be true. Nintendo did take it down because they donโ€™t want to renew the license and because they they will have a new trailer/ad ready. Even if it is another Switch OLED ad with games they want to advertise at the moment.

I mean for the same reason the labo trailers arenโ€˜t up anymore. They feature actors and music specifically made for the videos. They didnโ€˜t bother to keep the licenses and they donโ€˜t want to market it much anymore anyway, while keeping other Labo Videos with no external producing because why not when it is free?
The Labo first look video was renewed for 4 years, 3 of which were after the final kit was released. And the Lite was renewed for as long as it needed to be for new hardware to come along for marketing. OLED being taken down after half the time as Lite, with nothing to replace it, is a questionable narrative.

But I agree that both can be true -- they could well have chosen not to renew OLED precisely because something is being released soon, but soon doesn't have to mean now.

There is no way in hell that an announcement of a Switch 2 or pro wouldn't have had legitimate leaks by now. At best its an oled lite. Most likely it's nada.

I started today at 10% confidence in significant new hardware this month before opening and reading these last uh forty pages or so. Iโ€™m floating around 30% after today mostly off of the general enthusiasm here rather than the private video saga. Still think itโ€™s just a software showing / news this month overall, but if we get it sooner rather than later thatโ€™d be nice.

The Labo first look video was renewed for 4 years, 3 of which were after the final kit was released. And the Lite was renewed for as long as it needed to be for new hardware to come along for marketing. OLED being taken down after half the time as Lite, with nothing to replace it, is a questionable narrative.

But I agree that both can be true -- they could well have chosen not to renew OLED precisely because something is being released soon, but soon doesn't have to mean now.
The trailer I linked was only there for like one year and taken down much earlier than other labo trailers I believe. But I agree, it is a bit odd that they took down the OLED trailer so soon.

If I tweet: "Tomorrow is Wednesday" should I have to clarify that I'm just saying what the day of the week is?
if you tweet "tomorrow is wednesday" knowing full well that you have historically used innocuous past tweets and comments as evidence that you were hinting at something, you should not be shocked when people take innocuous tweets and comments as potential hints at something.

Also, nobody tweets "tomorrow is wednesday". That's not a normal human thing to tweet. Therefore speculation is a normal human reaction to seeing such a tweet coming from someone who historically operates in discreet hints

Iโ€™m shocked that heโ€™s shocked that he has to clarify any tweet he makes.

Should expect every tweet will be under a microscope. Even the painfully obvious joke ones too
That sounds like such a sad state of affairs. We should at least hold ourselves to a higher standard than that.
If I tweet: "Tomorrow is Wednesday" should I have to clarify that I'm just saying what the day of the week is?
Only if you put those fucking obnoxious ๐Ÿ‘€ emojis that fake leakers always use on the original tweet.

There is no way in hell that an announcement of a Switch 2 or pro wouldn't have had legitimate leaks by now. At best its an oled lite. Most likely it's nada.
If anything it's more likely an OLED Lite would've leaked by now considering Nintendo's OLED display orders were the most notable production leak that model had.

You know, despite the weird sechedule for NoA's Splatoon 2 event, right now i'm really feeling the end of the month when it comes to direct timing. Not necessarily hardware reveal timing; they don't have to be together.

if you tweet "tomorrow is wednesday" knowing full well that you have historically used innocuous past tweets and comments as evidence that you were hinting at something, you should not be shocked when people take innocuous tweets and comments as potential hints at something.

Also, nobody tweets "tomorrow is wednesday". That's not a normal human thing to tweet. Therefore speculation is a normal human reaction to seeing such a tweet coming from someone who historically operates in discreet hints
Hehe, about that ๐Ÿ˜…

If anything it's more likely an OLED Lite would've leaked by now considering Nintendo's OLED display orders were the most notable production leak that model had.

You know, despite the weird sechedule for NoA's Splatoon 2 event i'm really feeling the end of the month right now when it comes to direct timing. Not necessarily hardware reveal timing; they don't have to be together.
I'm a firm believer that there is a direct next week and it will be called something different as it's going to be first party focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom