• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The crash and burn of Nintendo loyalist is the most amazing thing ever. It’s a never ending cycle of self hurt. Amazing to watch!

Come on everyone, for a forum all about inclusiveness and kindness there is no shortage of users ready to dogpile that user and embarrass them on a couple different occasions recently without considering the person behind the screen and their potential age or any struggles that may be contributing to what is, at times, some odd posting behavior.

But read between the lines, give them the benefit of the doubt and don’t type, whatever comment you’ve got was probably already said upthread by someone else. Not everyone relates to others the same as you.

——————
Hidden, sorry you got some crap! Thanks for posting. I don’t personally think I believe the person who DM’d you, partially because they said they “think” Sonic Frontiers is coming to this device, when we already know it is coming to the Switch platform. No guesswork needed there. I guess they by coming to Drake they could have meant a native version, but eh. But thank you for sharing!
The problem is he keeps doing it while others have pointed out that information is false or a bunch of lies in other thread's. I understand first time you might be caught out but it's gotten to the point it's clogged this forum now

The thing about if this "ends up being nothing," is that if it does, then... so what? We'll either just keep the hype going all the way until September, or we'll grumble a bit on the internet (which we all do anyway), the thread will die down for a few weeks, the regulars will stay around and shitpost for a bit, and then we'll regroup. Some people act like we'll burn the world down. Come on, now--we aren't Star Wars fans.

Just some business thought. But since it’s already hard to put switches on the shelf.

And components are hard to get. Wouldn’t it be the one time you’ll won’t be worried about launching it at a very high price?

And then use a positive PR move by lowering the price which will also create a mentality for consumers to go buy it cuase it’s just “cheaper” if it that new lower price would usually still be too high but since it’s discounted, they’ll pay?

Just a thought I had. I’m no expert so I could be way off base

it may not be literally tomorrow but the new hardware is still coming next week, all according to kotaku

Didn't they say there was going to be no direct in June?
They never claimed to be an insider per that information, that was just a prediction. So there’s no point in trying to prove or disprove a “track record“ here.

Rather, this is someone who worked in PR telling us about a typical PR process that is likely at play.

3 weeks ago someone DMed me on Discord, saying that their friends who work at uni who have access to Nintendo press events and Microsoft Sources as well. They said that the new switch model will be 400-450, as well as saying that the back of the unit itself will be slightly modified for air cooling, and the dock will be the same. They believe that games like Hogwarts Legacy, Overwatch 2, and possibly Sonic Frontiers will be on it and that they will be patched. They also said that retailers had at the time, been informed to prepare for preorders. Not sure info is correct or not or if it is fake. We will see.

I ain't reading all that
I'm happy for you tho
Or sorry that happened

Uh, I guess Kit would know more than me for Nintendo specifically, but I have never worked somewhere where licensing was done that way. When you're making ads for the internet, you license the music/pay the actor with full knowledge that ad will be on the internet in perpetuity. Maybe Nintendo is just weird, tho?

I'm inclined to believe Kit here. Still odd that it's just for NoA that it's down but there's probably some reasonable explanation for that too. Now I sleep.

Just some business thought. But since it’s already hard to put switches on the shelf.

And components are hard to get. Wouldn’t it be the one time you’ll won’t be worried about launching it at a very high price?
In terms of the profit margin yeah. The other issue though is that if the system is high price because you used expensive parts, those parts may be hard to supply. Like if Nintendo wants to run an 8nm beast of a mobile GPU right now they're gonna be fighting some big dogs for that thing.

I'm not entirely convinced by the 1 year licensing explanation as Im inclined to believe that they'd purchase longer agreements for a product video, specifically a premium product they intend to sell many units of. I don't know, honestly, my marketing experience is limited so I could very well be off the mark here. Let me know.

But I'll reiterate that, overall, the hype cycle is fun for me because of the Nvidia leak. A question of when, and not if. A July reveal for a release this year makes sense. If it doesn't happen then we reset the clock, but at least I have some clue of what I'm waiting for!

Yeah all those big name actors in the OLED reveal don’t want their face in public for more than a year, sure

I could’ve sworn y’all talked about licensing hours ago. Yet judging by the reaction. I guess that never was brought up.

I could’ve brought it up in the morning cause i know these trailers always use license music lol

The problem is he keeps doing it while others have pointed out that information is false or a bunch of lies in other thread's. I understand first time you might be caught out but it's gotten to the point it's clogged this forum now
Clogged is an extreme exaggeration, wouldn’t you say? Ignore the singular post and move on.

I hear what you’re saying but it also tends to be new “info” every time. Like this newest one tonight, I don’t believe they’ve posted that before. Maybe they’re a gullible person, yeah. Maybe there’s a reason for that we don’t know.

Lastly I definitely think you all can and should continue to correct if you want to, but certainly we can do it nicely? We don’t need three or four separate posts saying “dude he was just asking what the Toto tweet said…..” with this very heavily implied “ha ha wow he got his post quotes or something confused lol let’s take turns quoting him and pointing it out.”

And if it wasn’t them getting confused on the quote thread or something, and they did somehow think that story was an appropriate response….even more reason to respond charitably and with a smile, no? That’s the main point I’m trying to make.

Eh, he also said there won’t be a June direct. Someone clock him quick.
But this is a bit different no? He worked several years at Nintendo for Social Media/Marketing. Wasn‘t his friend Krista even the head of Switch marketing and he of Zelda at reveal? I‘m sure he has picked up in how Nintendo handles their licensing for Switch trailers with vocal music and actors.

There’s something stinky going on.

I present the evidence. Do with it what you will.

Exhibit A(nal)
7vbvfv1zl9b81.jpg

😏

Exhibit B(ussy)
Nintendo Switch - Bussy Model
Nintendo Switch - Bussy Model Lite

and I had an exhibit C but i forget what it was

anyway, you do the math

For us Xenoblade fans we’re guaranteed some amazing previews for Xenoblade 3 soon(ish). I’ll be watching and reading them over and over.

I really do believe this is a real 50/50 thing now. Kit is obviously not wrong, licensing agreements could have run out, but there's no specific indication that it did, and it could just as easily be a new product announcement. The timing here is so interesting! It's one year from the last announcement, which lines up perfectly with a licensing expiration, but it's also exactly when they announced their last two products.

I’d hate to be the guy at Nintendo responsible for destroying all the new hardware and having to start over whenever we get on their case about something

because we are always right

Jewish Famiboards members (cough @Skittzo) may be wondering about my (gentile) liberal and recent use of the word "tummler"

I first found via a music video from my new favorite band Vulfpeck, in which bandleader Jack Stratton mimes the guitar in a piano-led piece and is credited as the tummler

the word perfectly describes my role as OP this month

Also pointed out on the other Forum wasnt the Lite delisted a week or two before OLED announcement?

Licensing the talent/music for only a year on a video being made directly for the internet would be the most ass-backwards, insane, incompetent thing I've ever hea--actually you know what, that does sound like something NoA might do.

But the vid is still up on the other Nintendo channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom