• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only thing I really want from the new direct is a new game in the ilk of Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Tomodachi Life, etc.

Aside, Nintendo has kind of shuffled through all the expected franchises, so I'm not sure what is next.

Imagine how apocalyptic this thread will get if there are no tweets at 9 AM EST on Monday.

200.gif

By the way, a brand new Rayman game, be either 2D or 3D, is effectively Rayman 6...

Origins and Legends are just as mainline, and just because they didn't use numbers, doesn't make them less valid..

Calling a new game Rayman 4 doesn't even correlate with the fact of being a 3D game, since the first game in the series is also a 2D game...

Semantics and marketing, I know...🤓

I hadn't seen that actually, looks interesting. Is the "labyrinth of" a series? I think I looked closely at one called labyrinth of refrain and there was something weird I didn't like about the whole character system, they were randomized marionettes or something.

This looks interesting at least, thanks.
No idea! I remember seeing it come up in Siliconera or Gematsu and someone linked the trailer too. The art style really stuck in my mind which is how I remembered it.

By the way, a brand new Rayman game, be either 2D or 3D, is effectively Rayman 6...

Origins and Legends are just as mainline, and just because they didn't use numbers, doesn't make them less valid..

Calling a new game Rayman 4 doesn't even correlate with the fact of being a 3D game, since the first game in the series is also a 2D game...

If that's the case, then it should be Rayman 7. If 2D games are counted this isometric gem should be too:
Rayman-gba.jpg

İt was not a spinoff, but a direct sequel to the 3rd game. That makes it Rayman 4.

Every other company:
"Every piece of media we make, from games, to books, to movies, will have interconnected stories that weave directly into each other. We will provide a full universe for filled with lore and stories for consumers to explore and discover."

Meanwhile at Nintendo:
"So where in the timeline does our newest game fit?"
"I don't know Eiji! Just make some vague reference to a previous game and let the stupid fucks on message boards and Youtube try to figure something out!"
To be fair, every game released after OoT has always had a placement in the timeline. The problem has always been reconciling the post-WW modern games with the 2D games. And they were very close to a solution with FSA, which was supposed to "bridge" TP and ALTTP... until Miyamoto told them to simplify the story, loosening the connection to ALTTP.

"Link died at the end of OoT and you get ALTTP" is dumb, but it was a Plan B.

If that's the case, then it should be Rayman 7. If 2D games are counted this isometric gem should be too:
Rayman-gba.jpg

İt was not a spinoff, but a direct sequel to the 3rd game. That makes it Rayman 4.
Heck, given the development of Raving Rabbids (originally titled as the defacto Rayman 4), the GBA and DS versions being traditional platformers should count as much ;P

But I guess we gotta keep it simpler than that lol

Lest people forget Nintendo is the company that ash-canned a nearly complete Starfox sequel on SNES because they didn’t think it would fare well on the market once the PS1 and Saturn were out and doing 3D at more than 10 FPS. And a translated version of Mother 1 for NES before that.

They’re absolutely ok with sitting on things that are complete until “the time is right”.

Lest people forget Nintendo is the company that ash-canned a nearly complete Starfox sequel on SNES because they didn’t think it would fare well on the market once the PS1 and Saturn were out and doing 3D at more than 10 FPS.

They’re absolutely ok with sitting on things that are complete until “the time is right”.
Advance Wars, delayed until 2043 :D

People are always free to complain. I don't mind if people let off steam and express disappointment. But that won't change the fact that MP Remastered exists; it's just as real as the rumored Fire Emblem.

Again, the problem is, Nintendo is sitting on a stockpile of unannounced products, and it's difficult to predict what will be prioritized. For example, Game Boy NSO has been finished for nearly two years and still hasn't been announced. Will they finally announce Game Boy next week? (And there's proof that Game Boy NSO exists because the emulator leaked on the internet). That's one example of how backed up Nintendo is right now.

There were rumors that Nintendo was sitting on Prime Trilogy for years, but those rumors were never accurate. A completed version of Prime 1 didn't start floating around NOA/NOE until sometime last year. [Note: Jeff Grubb + Nate claim Prime 2 + 3 also exist.]

Logically, it makes perfect sense to release it this year for MP's 20th anniversary, and I hope that's still the plan. But I don't have any control over Nintendo's release schedule. 🤷‍♀️
Can't believe Nintendo have kept at least three Wario Land games hidden from me when they've got a finished GB emulator working on Switch these last 2 years.

I can totally believe it

People are always free to complain. I don't mind if people let off steam and express disappointment. But that won't change the fact that MP Remastered exists; it's just as real as the rumored Fire Emblem.

Again, the problem is, Nintendo is sitting on a stockpile of unannounced products, and it's difficult to predict what will be prioritized. For example, Game Boy NSO has been finished for nearly two years and still hasn't been announced. Will they finally announce Game Boy next week? (And there's proof that Game Boy NSO exists because the emulator leaked on the internet). That's one example of how backed up Nintendo is right now.

There were rumors that Nintendo was sitting on Prime Trilogy for years, but those rumors were never accurate. A completed version of Prime 1 didn't start floating around NOA/NOE until sometime last year. [Note: Jeff Grubb & Nate claim Prime 2+3 also exist.]

Logically, it makes perfect sense to release it this year for MP's 20th anniversary, and I hope that's still the plan. But I don't have any control over Nintendo's release schedule. 🤷‍♀️
By any chance, is it possible for GBA and Gamecube games to be shown off too?

Lest people forget Nintendo is the company that ash-canned a nearly complete Starfox sequel on SNES because they didn’t think it would fare well on the market once the PS1 and Saturn were out and doing 3D at more than 10 FPS. And a translated version of Mother 1 for NES before that.

Archaic Sealed Heat ASH was translated, rated by rating boards, internally dated for western release but got canned just before it hit the printing. We never found out the Nintendo's reasoning for that, game actually was a pretty solid SRPG by Sakaguchi.

I think the only thing I really want from the new direct is a new game in the ilk of Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Tomodachi Life, etc.

Aside, Nintendo has kind of shuffled through all the expected franchises, so I'm not sure what is next.
I still think Nintendogs is happening. Maybe not for this holiday, but it’s happening.

I agree that I’m more intrigued by the possibility of a wide audience “blue ocean” title than, like, another anime JRPG. With the back-to-back releases of FE Warriors and Xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3 still on the docket, it’s already been a pretty core-focused year for Nintendo, and that’s before we even consider the possibility of a new Metroid game. We all like those games but Nintendo has to release more than that. It’s a little odd that they haven’t released a 2D platformer in so long; for a while they were releasing those pretty much annually between Kirby, Yoshi, DK, and NSMB.

Everybody’s 1-2-Switch has me curious.

By any chance, is it possible for GBA and Gamecube games to be shown off too?
It seems unlikely we get Gamecube games as part of the back catalogue service if Nintendo sees utility and value in individual re-releases.

Unless you mean as the re-releases... in which case it seems pretty plausible we see at least three.

I still think Nintendogs is happening. Maybe not for this holiday, but it’s happening.
and I still think it's their next step on mobile. MyNintendogs would be the perfect choice to pair with a spiffy HD "kennel" on Nintendo Switch

as a bonus, yabuki squad has a ton of mobile experience now

Archaic Sealed Heat ASH was translated, rated by rating boards, internally dated for western release but got canned just before it hit the printing. We never found out the Nintendo's reasoning for that, game actually was a pretty solid SRPG by Sakaguchi.
Yo what!? Got a link to the details on this? I know there was a fan translation at one point but that’s crazy. I wonder if there was a technical issue or something since that was supposedly one of the largest DS games by cartridge space.

There were rumors that Nintendo was sitting on Prime Trilogy for years, but those rumors were never accurate. A completed version of Prime 1 didn't start floating around NOA/NOE until sometime last year. [Note: Jeff Grubb & Nate claim Prime 2+3 also exist.]

What people don't understand is that we can know of projects, have details, and even have a general window of expected launch -- but it doesn't mean we know when a company plans to announce or market the product. A project not being announced doesn't mean the project does not exist. People need to grasp that basic truth.

and I still think it's their next step on mobile. MyNintendogs would be the perfect choice to pair with a spiffy HD "kennel" on Nintendo Switch

as a bonus, yabuki squad has a ton of mobile experience now
I agree that it should be perfect for mobile (tm) but Nintendo seems to be done with mobile.

What people don't understand is that we can know of projects, have details, and even have a general window of expected launch -- but it doesn't mean we know when a company plans to announce or market the product. A project not being announced doesn't mean the project does not exist. People need to grasp that basic truth.
They can’t handle the truth.

I agree that I’m more intrigued by the possibility of a wide audience “blue ocean” title than, like, another anime JRPG. With the back-to-back releases of FE Warriors and Xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3 still on the docket, it’s already been a pretty core-focused year for Nintendo, and that’s before we even consider the possibility of a new Metroid game. We all like those games but Nintendo has to release more than that. It’s a little odd that they haven’t released a 2D platformer in so long; for a while they were releasing those pretty much annually between Kirby, Yoshi, DK, and NSMB.

Everybody’s 1-2-Switch has me curious.
I get that you're saying 2D platformers, but I think it's fair to point out Kirby is usually 2D and with the first ever 3D Kirby this year being a smash hit, Nintendo have at least somewhat hit that market.

On the platformer front there's the possibility as many as four are in the works right now: 2D Mario (EPD 10), 3D Mario (EPD 8), 2D Donkey Kong (EPD 8?), new Yoshi or perhaps hopefully maybe Wario Land (Good-Feel). Given the length of time since those teams last shipped releases (2019 for EPD 10 and Good-Feel, 2017 for EPD 8), they are perhaps due in 2023 and 2024.

Covid disruption could also mean that games in similar genres simply end up a bit bunched together, too, by accident rather than design. Even without Covid disruption, similar games sometimes bunch together. Look at 2019 when we had NSMBU DX, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Mario Maker 2 in a six month span, along with a new BoxBoy on the eShop.

Yo what!? Got a link to the details on this? I know there was a fan translation at one point but that’s crazy. I wonder if there was a technical issue or something since that was supposedly one of the largest DS games by cartridge space.
Yeah that was everyone's speculation. Nintendo probably thought cartridge costs weren't worth it. Here's the news about the ESRB rating, Operation rainfall later found out game was localized and English VA was on board.

A project not being announced doesn't mean the project does not exist. People need to grasp that basic truth.
Remember the “Nintendo has no games dated after Animal Crossing!!1” and “Nintendo has nothing scheduled after Paper Mario!” histrionics from 2020? People were acting like it was a realistic possibility that Nintendo would release literally nothing that year after July.

I kept on trying to tell people, like, the announcements will happen. But people were being like babies struggling with object permanence, thinking that their sippy cup ceased to exist because a piece of paper was placed in front of it. I know that’s sort of a mean analogy but that year was exhausting.

Directs have ended though. Didn’t you see how many views Paper Mario The Origami King got from being announced on Twitter. That was the death of directs.

How has everyones gaming year gone? This is the most I've ever gamed on Switch and it's... not even close. Going by the Nintendo newsletter and discounting January (as that was for December) I'm at 900 hours.

Pretty good, Ghostwire and Kirby are my favs so far, though most of my most anticipated games are yet to release (Ragnarok, Callisto, Bayonetta 3).

You and so many others like Nate don't have to to what they do for us, yet you still do. I will be forever grateful for all of you! It's not your or anyone's fault if Nintendo shelves or postpones project that you hear about from your sources.

How has everyones gaming year gone? This is the most I've ever gamed on Switch and it's... not even close. Going by the Nintendo newsletter and discounting January (as that was for December) I'm at 900 hours.
This is probably the least I've ever gamed in a year since... Possibly ever. Since working on my own game has taken literally all of my free time since like March.

Live A Live was officially released outside of Japan for the first time. That's all you need to know.

it's so fucked up that pokemon took the 18th
It genuinely frustrates me too. The 18th was RIGHT THERE. Prime Remaster could have taken that date, Pokémon could have come out a week later and everything would have been perfect

Oh well, as long as it comes out this year I’ll be happy

Welp. I’ve exhausted Xenoblade 3 and now will wait patiently for the expansion.

Hoping the direct has something cool to play. Next game I want is Megaman Battle Network collection.

Honestly overwhelming! I’m playing through Xenoblade and was gonna play 2 again before starting 3, I went back to Three Houses in preparation for Three Hopes, there’s been a ton of other RPGs, and I’ve started doing Ring Fit again most days. I haven’t played new Kirby or Splatoon and there’s still stuff to look forward to in the next few months.

I don't think I'm gonna beat my record, 1750 hours in 2019. But we did have some meaty games on Switch this year Xeno 3, 13 Sentinels, Triangle Strategy, Arceus and Ezio Collection. If fall games like Persona 5, Pokémon Violet, DQ Treasures are added to that, it's gonna be veery close to 2019.

36 game beaten so far. Switch has gotten the most time by far. PS5 takes number two and my Xbox has been mostly neglected for months lol. My PC is collecting dust even moreso.

Crash "4"...

I've not been playing as many different games as I usually do, but Sunbreak, Triangle Strategy, Kirby and Xenoblade 3 are real highlights of 2022 for me. Superb experiences, all of them. I enjoyed Three Hopes and Live Alive too, but could care less for Legends. I've still got plenty to do on Sunbreak and Xenoblade, too.

Excited for a Direct soon to help me make some decisions about how to round up the year. Splatoon 3 is really tempting; Bayonetta 3 is a must; Sparks of Hope I might wait for a sale; Nier Automata, Harvestella, Diofield Chronicles, Dragon Quest Treasures, Crisis Core all in the "Squeenix why so many at once pile".

There's a lot of new stuff there for me to pick from, but I'll need comfort gaming to get me through the winter following what's been a really tough year personally. That's why the thought of Metroid Prime, Zelda ports, and hopefully GB/C and GBA on NSO are super appealing for me. I could spend a fortune the next few months, but the biggest issue, as always, will simply be time. There's stuff like Tunic, Elechead, and Two Point Campus that I haven't gotten around to yet, too.

2022's excellent, gaming wise, even with me limiting my purchases and sinking time into chunky experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom