• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Asano wants 2DHD makeover for classic FF games instead, I can't blame him and I'd love to wait for them instead. They did say they want to invest more on the 2DHD style, so it's no surprising that FF Pixel games are still no show on Switch.

Based on what multiple people in the know have said (on here and also to me specifically), FF Pixel on Switch is a matter of time, and in fact at least some of it is already ready to go. Not sure what the hold up is, but I think it's about to happen soon either way

Can't believe Ubi is finally bringing Trackmania to console and they skip Switch. To think they did a DS port back in the day.

In general it was a dreadful presentation for the Switch, what a disappointment their support has turned out to be this gen.
there was supposed to be better hardware by now. without it, new ports are untenably laborious

Reasonably I think it makes sense to expect BOTW2 to be at this direct. With the window we've been given, now is the time to show it. I still can't fully believe it yet purely because it feels too good to be true!
Same, i'm cautiously expecting it. But really it would be disappointing to not see it again. I do think a bit more context on the story and tone of the game is expected.

I wish Soliani hated rayman.

Dude (who worked in several Rayman games) tried to bring Rayman back, Ubi refuses it, he and Ubi Milan and Paris go and announce a Rayman DLC adventure and what do people do?

( ) 1 - Get happy that this is a sign that Rayman may get a solo game by Soliani and co in the future.

(X) 2 - Get angry and spam that this is awful and they re enraged by it and it should never have been done

????
I see a lot more people are happy and thanking Soliani. I might be disappointed that Rayman isn't hanging out with Mario, but I'm happy they are at least giving him some attention.

Sure there are some haters, but I mean... it's the internet lol

If Asano wants 2DHD makeover for classic FF games instead, I can't blame him and I'd love to wait for them instead. They did say they want to invest more on the 2DHD style, so it's no surprising that FF Pixel games are still no show on Switch.
I’ll be honest, if the plan was for Asano to do HD-2D versions of classic FF, I don’t think SE would have really bothered with Pixel Remaster. They would have just already released straight ports and called it a day until the HD-2D version was ready, like they did with DQ I-III.

I think Pixel Remaster on Switch is pretty much a lock.

Based on what multiple people in the know have said (on here and also to me specifically), FF Pixel on Switch is a matter of time, and in fact at least some of it is already ready to go. Not sure what the hold up is, but I think it's about to happen soon either way
Could be that they changed their minds after the mild success of Live A Live. That 2DHD comment was more recent than Pixel Remaster rumors.

They can make it preorder bonuses for future full priced releases. This is what they did on 3DS, FF1 remaster was a bonus for Final Fantasy Explorers, but for Japan only.

Isn't it wild that someone like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is better represented on Switch than Rayman? We're talking about the guy that tried to stab Sonic in the bum with a boomerang here.
Meh, Assassin's Creed, Yakuza, Call of Duty, who needs these anyway. It's all gonna be moot point when I'll get my complete Metal Gear Solid series on Switch announcement on the Direct day.

...I will, right?
Something something MGS4 something something Cell Processor.

Still don't understand why Nintendo and Ubisoft didn't collaborate on a Kid Icarus DLC for Immortals, it made so much sense that is almost painful that it didn't happen.

Maybe they could do it if there ever is a sequel.

Last edited:
Isn't it wild that someone like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is better represented on Switch than Rayman? We're talking about the guy that tried to stab Sonic in the bum with a boomerang here.
Hell, Bubsy is better represented on Switch than Rayman.

It doesn't end there. Every other mascot having a revival, Klonoa, Mr Driller, Bomberman, Super Monkey Ball even Spongebob... It's crazy to see Ubisoft missing the party. And it's gonna be even more hilarious when Embracer brings Gex back to life on Switch...

Meh, Assassin's Creed, Yakuza, Call of Duty, who needs these anyway. It's all gonna be moot point when I'll get my complete Metal Gear Solid series on Switch announcement on the Direct day.

...I will, right?
Assassin's Creed is already very well represented on Switch, putting it with COD and Yakuza (both of which have skipped the system completely) seems really odd
Could be that they changed their minds after the mild success of Live A Live. That 2DHD comment was more recent than Pixel Remaster rumors.

They can make it preorder bonuses for future full priced releases. This is what they did on 3DS, FF1 remaster was a bonus for Final Fantasy Explorers, but for Japan only.
I don't think so, but we'll find out soon enough

Drew these guys in my art style
IMG_1944.png

Assassin's Creed is already very well represented on Switch, putting it with COD and Yakuza (both of which have skipped the system completely) seems really odd
That was a joke post though. Those 3 franchises having presentations this month and I'm not expecting anything for Switch from all of them. And I was right about AC.

That was a joke post though. Those 3 franchises having presentations this month and I'm not expecting anything for Switch from all of them. And I was right about AC.
Ah I see.

I think Jade will be a PC/Switch port later, fwiw (maybe PS and Xbox too, but at least PC and Switch)

Ah I see.

I think Jade will be a PC/Switch port later, fwiw (maybe PS and Xbox too, but at least PC and Switch)
Actually, Ubisoft Chengdu, the side studio who did Ezio Collection Switch port, said they are working on even bigger port project. Mirage on Switch (or Switch Pro) might not be farfetched after all.

It doesn't end there. Every other mascot having a revival, Klonoa, Mr Driller, Bomberman, Super Monkey Ball even Spongebob... It's crazy to see Ubisoft missing the party. And it's gonna be even more hilarious when Embracer brings Gex back to life on Switch...
Yeah, that's the thing. And hey, maybe Ubisoft doesn't see the potential on a new Rayman, especially now that Michel Ancel is both retired and bad publicity. Ok, I get that. But no one can tell me with a straight face that if Ubi grabbed some porting studio, handed them the code of, I dunno, the first 2 or 3 Rayman games and told them "Here, put these on current consoles, there's a good chap" it wouldn't be a profitable venture.

I hope Fire Emblem is first in the Direct just to get it out of the way. Especially if it is ready and waiting to launch they probably want to get the word out if it's a January/February release.

Also, Alan Wake still needs a release date if it's coming out this autumn. I'll lick a Switch cartridge if it releases in November.

Out of curiosity, what was the deleted tweet?

Oh man, that was good for a laugh. Still, 4TF handheld console - what's that, $700 and a two hour battery life?

~~~

In defense of an announcement before the holidays and a release in early 2023, most if not all core Nintendo gamers have more than likely gotten their hands on one by now. For a console that's already 115 million sold and looking for momentum to keep things going six years into its lifespan, it's mostly casual gamers who aren't too fussed about performance that are going to receive the system as gifts. If Nintendo maintains that the OG Switch will still receive support for the coming years, nothing wrong with maintaining a cheaper SKU for people who just want to play Pokemon and little else.

Do I expect this scenario? Not particularly, but after having it explained to me this way I don't think it's a non-zero chance like others suggest.
The deletet tweet was a just dance 2023 leak

I haven’t been writing much here lately, but I’ve still been reading regularly. I just wanted to say how absolutely hyped I am for this Direct. All I honestly need is BoTW2 and it’s already an 11/10 Direct for me.

I have a class on Monday morning. Should I go take a bathroom break… and totally not refresh Twitter… at 9, or 10 AM ET?

Edit: ET! Forgot my time zone lmao

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the thing. And hey, maybe Ubisoft doesn't see the potential on a new Rayman, especially now that Michel Ancel is both retired and bad publicity. Ok, I get that. But no one can tell me with a straight face that if Ubi grabbed some porting studio, handed them the code of, I dunno, the first 2 or 3 Rayman games and told them "Here, put these on current consoles, there's a good chap" it wouldn't be a profitable venture.
Ah, who needs Ancel when you have Soliani? He and his team have some platformer experience, having worked on games like Donald Duck Going Quackers (super underrated title). A new 3D Rayman is the perfect place for him to move on to.

Sunbreak and XBC3 have made the wait for a direct quite easy, it helps Pokemon news is always separate, too. Just waiting for that surprise message.

Fuck Ubisoft, I'm still not buying Mario Rabbids, but knowing that Mario and Rayman will interact in a game still got me excited for a second lol

Too bad that people in the US will probably never experience what it's like to have a Direct at 11 or 12pm. There is something so special about it, it's better than during the day, yeah it sucks if you have a school or work the next day. But having a Direct this late in the night is just something else, I can't really describe it but I think that my European folks know what am talking about lol

Too bad that people in the US will probably never experience what it's like to have a Direct at 11 or 12pm. There is something so special about it, it's better than during the day, yeah it sucks if you have a school or work the next day. But having a Direct this late in the night is just something else, I can't really describe it but I think that my European folks know what am talking about lol
We actually did have this experience! The January 2017 presentation was in the middle of the night for me and it was very special.

I like getting to wake up to a finished morning direct. I'm honestly not sure the last direct I actually watched live.

We actually did have this experience! The January 2017 presentation was in the middle of the night for me and it was very special.
Yeah that was a fun one. I was huddled at my dorm room desk in the dark trying not to wake up my roommate with my squeals

I'm old enough to remember the Dojo for Smash Bros. Brawl, waiting feverishly until 2/3AM every morning to see the new update. That was some of the most hype that ever surrounded any Nintendo game.

FTFY

You guys at least have that Songs of Conquest (I think?) game. Best we have is the thing I'm working on which probably won't ever get finished.
We also have Horn of the Abyss. Also also, HoMM is just as obscure as MM if we're comparing stuff to Mario :LOL:

You're right though, there's a dearth of "blobbers". Like there were the Grimrocks and StarCrawler and with Etrian MIA it's pretty sad.

You did see this though right?

Franchise 35th anniversary is in December. Just sayin'.

I see people sometimes gaslight Rayman fans into thinking he's not popular or was never popular, despite being one of Ubisoft's first big success stories with games with great critical and commercial reception. Legends, for instance, managed to sell 4 million units which despite being on sale on multiple platforms, it still outsold a lot of his mascot contemporaries like Mega Man, some recent Sonic games, and even Rabbids solo outings.

I'm just tired of seeing the bad faith arguments I see regarding this franchise. Like this silly war I see with Rayman and Rabbids is also exhausting. Rabbids can coexist. I'm fine with that. But Rayman should too.

Sorry for the tangent, just feel like I'm having a brain aneurysm seeing some of the hot takes online today.

We also have Horn of the Abyss. Also also, HoMM is just as obscure as MM if we're comparing stuff to Mario :LOL:

You're right though, there's a dearth of "blobbers". Like there were the Grimrocks and StarCrawler and with Etrian MIA it's pretty sad.

I hadn't seen that actually, looks interesting. Is the "labyrinth of" a series? I think I looked closely at one called labyrinth of refrain and there was something weird I didn't like about the whole character system, they were randomized marionettes or something.

This looks interesting at least, thanks.

Ubisoft needs to get their ass in gear. The Switch is in its twilight years and it still hasn’t had the obligatory Rayman 2 port all handhelds must receive.

Too bad that people in the US and Canada will probably never experience what it's like to have a Direct at 11 or 12pm. There is something so special about it, it's better than during the day, yeah it sucks if you have a school or work the next day. But having a Direct this late in the night is just something else, I can't really describe it but I think that my European folks know what am talking about lol
Actually, the Switch Presentation was at 11pm EST if I recall, and looking back, it was pretty sweet. I’d be down if Nintendo tried a showcase around that time again, but 5/6pm is good enough for me

I played through Undernauts on Switch, that was pretty cool. I didn’t know about Labyrinth of Zangetsu though, so thanks for bumping that!

My guess is that, in three days, by this time, we’ll be watching a Zelda segment in the Direct and cheering at the new trailer for the new Zelda game which is not going to be called BotW2 anymore. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom