• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe this Assassins Creed showcase is pre-recorded, the awkwardness and choppiness of the presentation is so weird

Between this and the Disney showcase yesterday, 0/2 for pacing and presenter energy lol

No gameplay shown for the 5 AC games. China is wasted on Mobile. This dude MAC called the Hexe reveal a "trailer," which nearly had me choke on my burger. I'm just flabbergasted how they thought this was worth putting out on the internet lmao.

It's so annoying cause I'll mess with the show and Project Red but jesus.

if no one else is gonna do it...

Zudvwkn.jpg

I think the Prime footage will get an introduction from a producer so that people don't mistake it for Prime 4 itself. I know people think Nintendo have to show Prime 4, but I don't think Nintendo will show anything of it until it suits them; so it might just be something like "Metroid Prime 4 is progressing well, so please have a little more patience while we work on the game. Did you know that this November it will be 20 years since the original Metroid Prime game launched? We've been preparing something to mark this occasion. Please take a look at this."

I'd love to see Prime 4 next week, but if Nintendo aren't ready to show it, they won't show it. Hopefully they are ready.
I think in general it’s unlikely for Nintendo to try to promote an HD remaster or remake and a new mainline title in the same series at the same time. I’m not expecting to see both WW/TP HD and a BotW2 blowout, and I’m not expecting to see both MP Remake and an MP4 re-reveal.

I know they announced both BD/SP and Legends Arceus at the same time, but that was a little different, with it being both the big 25th anniversary event and Legends Arceus being a decidedly non-traditional Pokémon title (I know they consider it mainline because it’s developed by Game Freak, but it really feels like more of a spinoff, complete with a new “Legends” subtitle for its sub-series). I don’t think they would have announced, say, BD/SP and Scarlet/Violet at the same time, or Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee and Sword/Shield at the same time. And The Pokémon Company isn’t Nintendo, besides.

I hope Fire Emblem is first in the Direct just to get it out of the way. Especially if it is ready and waiting to launch they probably want to get the word out if it's a January/February release.

Also, Alan Wake still needs a release date if it's coming out this autumn. I'll lick a Switch cartridge if it releases in November.

Out of curiosity, what was the deleted tweet?

I'm rolling at this tweet. I can't believe anyone believes this tweet.

Yes there is some real info in there but 4TF. Come on.

Oh man, that was good for a laugh. Still, 4TF handheld console - what's that, $700 and a two hour battery life?

~~~

In defense of an announcement before the holidays and a release in early 2023, most if not all core Nintendo gamers have more than likely gotten their hands on one by now. For a console that's already 115 million sold and looking for momentum to keep things going six years into its lifespan, it's mostly casual gamers who aren't too fussed about performance that are going to receive the system as gifts. If Nintendo maintains that the OG Switch will still receive support for the coming years, nothing wrong with maintaining a cheaper SKU for people who just want to play Pokemon and little else.

Do I expect this scenario? Not particularly, but after having it explained to me this way I don't think it's a non-zero chance like others suggest.

Assassins Creed moving into their live service model soon, plus a mobile game, and Netflix stuff… and showed basically zero gameplay, or dates.

Oh boy. That sure was a show that happened.

Man Soliani is incredible. I am so excited to play rabbids 2 and i want to see him tackling on more ips.No this isnt a zeld x rabbids post that would ve terrible get a grip smh

Meh, Assassin's Creed, Yakuza, Call of Duty, who needs these anyway. It's all gonna be moot point when I'll get my complete Metal Gear Solid series on Switch announcement on the Direct day.

...I will, right?

We hope you are looking forward to Metroid Prime HD launching in November, so please wait a little bit longer. And speaking of new releases, last week we had a global launch for a Splatoon 3 game, we hope you are enjoyink this adventure as well!

I wish Soliani hated rayman.

Dude (who worked in several Rayman games) tried to bring Rayman back, Ubi refuses it, he and Ubi Milan and Paris go and announce a Rayman DLC adventure and what do people do?

( ) 1 - Get happy that this is a sign that Rayman may get a solo game by Soliani and co in the future.

(X) 2 - Get angry and spam that this is awful and they re enraged by it and it should never have been done

????

Every other company:
"Every piece of media we make, from games, to books, to movies, will have interconnected stories that weave directly into each other. We will provide a full universe for filled with lore and stories for consumers to explore and discover."

Meanwhile at Nintendo:
"So where in the timeline does our newest game fit?"
"I don't know Eiji! Just make some vague reference to a previous game and let the stupid fucks on message boards and Youtube try to figure something out!"

Nintendo will not announce a console that early in advance when they can sell Switch during holidays.. If anything it will be revealed in January/February next year.

Every other company:
"Every piece of media we make, from games, to books, to movies, will have interconnected stories that weave directly into each other. We will provide a full universe for filled with lore and stories for consumers to explore and discover."

Meanwhile at Nintendo:
"So where in the timeline does our newest game fit?"
"I don't know Eiji! Just make some vague reference to a previous game and let the stupid fucks on message boards and Youtube try to figure something out!"
The timelines were definitely made at a bar

"Wait, where do we put the early Zelda games?"
"Died"
"What?"
"Yeah Link died"
"Where?"
"In Ocarina of Time"
"But we already split OoT into future and past timelines"
"...split it again"

Last edited:
Honestly starting to lose the hype. Nothing that's being rumored so far really has my interest all that much, besides I guess Primemakester. Hopefully there will be some good left field stuff and third party ports to tide me over.

Assuming we get a general Direct, do you all think Monday will be one of those rare occasions where Nintendo will specifically say whether BoTW2 coverage is included or not?

I personally feel like they would absolutely need to disclaimer its exclusion, at least. Otherwise the whole Direct will be clouded by disappointment.
Generally, you do want to get bad news out of the way first so people have time to process it and the reveal event can continue without the main thing people talking about being the bad news. So yeah, if BotW2 isn’t going to be there, and/or if the current plan is to release it later than Spring 2023, I can see them announcing that on Monday. They’ll spin it as a positive, like “We look forward to showing you a new look at the sequel to Breath of the Wild later this year” instead of just being like “no Zelda for you lolol”

Honestly starting to lose the hype. Nothing that's being rumored so far really has my interest all that much, besides I guess Primemakester. Hopefully there will be some good left field stuff and third party ports to tide me over.

The only things that have really been rumored for this Direct are the Zelda ports and Metroid Prime. That's it. We are largely going into this Direct in the dark.

I havent played Prime yet as a new Metroid fan, pretty excited to try it out once it comes to Switch. Is the 1st one generally seen as the best?
If we're talking about in generality, then yeah, MP1 is considered the best of 'em. MP2 is kinda like Majora's Mask in that it deviated somewhat from what was expected, and so a lot of people love it, and others not so much. MP3 is renowned for it's beauty and gameplay, but fails a bit in atmosphere and general metroidvania goodness.

IMO, they all are amazing games and each offer something different. The first is the best overall, but the 2nd exceeds it in atmosphere, and the 3rd in sheer epicness. Can't wait for you to try them!

Last edited:
Generally, you do want to get bad news out of the way first so people have time to process it and the reveal event can continue without the main thing people talking about being the bad news. So yeah, if BotW2 isn’t going to be there, and/or if the current plan is to release it later than Spring 2023, I can see them announcing that on Monday. They’ll spin it as a positive, like “We look forward to showing you a new look at the sequel to Breath of the Wild later this year” instead of just being like “no Zelda for you lolol”
I think it's more likely to be mentioned if it is present, but ultimately I don't think they'll mention it in the announcement. It will be something generic like "detailing releases for the rest of the year" or something

I have a feeling that Square has not done announcing games this year. They still have some big guns left to show off and I totally expect this one to be dominated by them also.

I expect nothing from western publishers though. They probably have moved on (to Switch pro).

The only things that have really been rumored for this Direct are the Zelda ports and Metroid Prime. That's it. We are largely going into this Direct in the dark.
Zelda ports, Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX possibly, other GameCube remasters, Twin Snakes, etc

In terms of specifically for this Direct, sure, but it seems more likely than not we see Fire Emblem and BOTW2

Reasonably I think it makes sense to expect BOTW2 to be at this direct. With the window we've been given, now is the time to show it. I still can't fully believe it yet purely because it feels too good to be true!

Zelda ports, Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX possibly, other GameCube remasters, Twin Snakes, etc

Like I said, only the Zelda ports and Metroid Prime are heavily rumored for this specific Direct. The Gamecube remasters stuff is a separate thing. Nintendo wanting to do remasters doesn't mean all of them are going to show up next week.

I have a feeling that Square has not done announcing games this year. They still have some big guns left to show off and I totally expect this one to be dominated by them also.

I expect nothing from western publishers though. They probably have moved on (to Switch pro).
I do expect some more Square stuff. Heck, the FF 35th anniversary website straight up says to expect that.

Their release calendar for the rest of the year is…actually decently full, with a lot of lower-tier releases? I was trying to look at what weeks were open for, like, FF Pixel Remasters to hit consoles, and they’re already releasing a lot. But I could definitely see FF I being shadowdropped at the Direct, with the other games each following every two weeks or so. It’s pretty wild that you can’t play classic FF on Switch; I definitely expect them to rectify that for the 35th anniversary.

If we're talking about in generality, then yeah, MP1 is considered the best of 'em. MP2 is kinda like Majora's Mask in that it deviated somewhat from what was expected, and so a lot of people love it, and others not so much. MP3 is renowed for it's beauty and gameplay, but fails a bit in atmosphere and general metroidvania goodness.

IMO, they all are amazing games and each offer something different. The first is the best overall, but the 2nd exceeds it in atmosphere, and the 3rd in sheer epicness. Can't wait for you to try them!
Yeah I cant wait they look super fun. I think they are pretty much a given for being shown this direct

Can't believe Ubi is finally bringing Trackmania to console and they skip Switch. To think they did a DS port back in the day.

In general it was a dreadful presentation for the Switch, what a disappointment their support has turned out to be this gen.

I do expect some more Square stuff. Heck, the FF 35th anniversary website straight up says to expect that.

Their release calendar for the rest of the year is…actually decently full, with a lot of lower-tier releases? I was trying to look at what weeks were open for, like, FF Pixel Remasters to hit consoles, and they’re already releasing a lot. But I could definitely see FF I being shadowdropped at the Direct, with the other games each following every two weeks or so. It’s pretty wild that you can’t play classic FF on Switch; I definitely expect them to rectify that for the 35th anniversary.
If Asano wants 2DHD makeover for classic FF games instead, I can't blame him and I'd love to wait for them instead. They did say they want to invest more on the 2DHD style, so it's no surprising that FF Pixel games are still no show on Switch.

There's so much going on at once! Aaaahhh! I really don't feel a Direct yet so that would be the perfect opportunity for some unexpected surprises. Next week will be packed, wasn't the NVidia event around next week as well among other gaming events?

Can't believe Ubi is finally bringing Trackmania to console and they skip Switch. To think they did a DS port back in the day.

In general it was a dreadful presentation for the Switch, what a disappointment their support has turned out to be this gen.

Maybe they are saving some reveals for the Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom