• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok finally watching this Ubisoft thing. M+R segment just ended, which I enjoyed.

It’s all downhill from here, isn’t it?

That's what they all say

200.gif

Ok finally watching this Ubisoft thing. M+R segment just ended, which I enjoyed.

It’s all downhill from here, isn’t it?
After that it's like 40 minutes of absolutely nothing, then 20 minutes of all Assassin's Creed but minus any gameplay. At least there's some Shohreh Aghdashloo, who is lovely as always.

You will most likely get Zelda Remasters this year, which may be a drop like Mario Collection. MP1 Remake early 2023 really no need for them to release that remake when October/November is already sorted for them.

After that it's like 40 minutes of absolutely nothing, then 20 minutes of all Assassin's Creed but minus any gameplay. At least there's some Shohreh Aghdashloo, who is lovely as always.
Yeah i tuned out very quick. Also it seems Nintendo is really the only one with a solid show nowadays. They sort of saved E3 2021

Thinking about maybe getting Minish Cap through GBA NSO this year (I wish), and then started thinking about the GBA port of Link to the Past, which had Four Swords attached. Do Nintendo:

1) Release GBA LttP with Four Swords at some point
2) Pull Four Swords from LttP and launch FS as a standalone GBA game on NSO
3) Wait until DS emulation is available in their subscription and release the DSiWare Four Swords Anniversary Edition

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming
Direct's coming home (We'll go on getting bad rumours)
Direct's coming home
Directs's coming home
Direct's coming home

Everyone seems to know the games; they've seen it all before
They just know, they're so sure
That Nintendo's gonna throw it away, gonna blow it away
But I know they can play, 'cause I remember

Two words on a stream
September still gleaming
Six months of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming

So many jokes, so many sneers
But all those "Oh, so near"s wear you down through the months
But I still see that revealed by Aonuma and when Koizumi scored
Takahashi belting the software, and Miyamoto dancing

[Famiboard]
Nintendo have done it, in the last minute of extra day!
What a save, Bowser!
Good old Nintendo, Nintendo that couldn't plan marketing!
Nintendo have got it in the bag!
I know that was then, but it could be again

It's coming home, it's coming
Directs's coming home
Directs's coming home
(Nintendo have done it!)
Directs's coming home
Directs's coming home

Last edited:
I wish I could be excited for the NFL season like usual, but my team signed the worst human in the offseason, so...
Be like me, and root very hard for Baker to absolutely crush the Browns tomorrow while also not watching the game at all because you now hate the team

Everyone is excited about the upcoming direct, and I am nervous about my Chicago Bears taking the field tomorrow.
I get to be in the stands Monday to watch Russ likely carve us up. Not upset about the trade really but think the Hawks are in for a long year.

I hope this Direct has a few out of left field announcements ala the Portal collection. That was a huge surprise.

Studio Ghibli?

The Wind Rises was exceptionally good, but my favorite Ghibli movie overall though is probably the Tale of Princess Kaguya, I really loved the art. I actually watched them both for the first time like a week apart and being the last (currently) works from the 2 big directors from Ghibli they’re kind of linked in my mind.

Takahata made movies that were on the same level as Miyazaki’s, but he gets overlooked as Ghibli became synonymous with Miyazaki it’s definitely because he only directed 5 movies in total and was absent for the 2000’s when Miyazaki was putting our Spirited Away and Howl but anyway Kaguya, Grave of the Fireflies and Only Yesterday are great ;p

I had never watched a Ghibli movie until HBO Max came around. Now I’m all in of course and realize the themes are like tailor made for me. What’s funny if these threads (mainly the general thread and it should move back there after the direct comes) devolve into Ghibli threads probably once or twice a month. As we get more members the discussion resets it seems like. The influence of this animation studio is quite amazing. Please no more 3D animation. That was a disaster. CG is ok in parts (think howl’s castle), but please ignores the Pixarification of animation (and I like Pixar, just we don’t need it for everything).

It's nice learning some of the speed run/rando even for a vanilla replay of Majora's Mask. Being able to get Zora and Hookshot without needing to beat Snowhead Temple makes the game a lot cleaner to route.

Oh man despite its revisionism it is one of my all-time favorite movies. I cannot help but lose my shit as a crying mess at the end, every time
learning about the real Horikoshi has been very fascinating for me

When we awoke on the morning of December 8, 1941, we found ourselves — without any foreknowledge — to be embroiled in war... Since then, the majority of us who had truly understood the awesome industrial strength of the United States never really believed that Japan would win this war. We were convinced that surely our government had in mind some diplomatic measures which would bring the conflict to a halt before the situation became catastrophic for Japan. But now, bereft of any strong government move to seek a diplomatic way out, we are being driven to doom. Japan is being destroyed. I cannot do [anything] other but to blame the military hierarchy and the blind politicians in power for dragging Japan into this hellish cauldron of defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom