• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempering my expectations for next week's Direct.

Out of all the rumors, the new Fire Emblem has the strongest odds of appearing in this Direct. Because I honestly can't see a scenario where Fire Emblem doesn't release early next year. The game is finished and ready to go. I'll be a little baffled if it doesn't appear in the Direct.

A word of caution. I like Jeff Grubb as both a person and as a reporter. I think he's super cool. But judging by his tweet below, it doesn't seem like he's 100% confident about the Direct being a 'Zelda blowout'. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm interpreting his tweets? So, I think it would be wise for people to manage their expectations going into this Direct. I don't think any insiders actually know the full contents of this Direct.

Getting Direct Mini energy

Without asking for any „insider information“, how come this situation that they’re sitting on so many games and why is the current perspective, especially for 2023, kinda blurred and unforseeable?

When I look at 2023, there are a lot question marks to me. A hardware launch in the first half of the year, but (up to this point) no correlation between new hardware and BOTW2? A Mario movie slated for the same time as Zelda, but maybe not with a game to coincide? (Which would be strange cause this is the first big Nintendo movie and I was kinda sure they would pair a game with it – but not in the same time that Zelda releases, then again there’s talks about a movie delay). This Donkey Kong game that could come next year, but the DK theme park is not even remotely finished and the rumored DK movie should also come much later? I‘m sure there are no real answers to this but I think something feels off here.

Personally I want Mario Party DLC, new 2D or 3D Mario, Paper Mario TTYD Remaster, GB/GBC/GBA on NSO, Gamecube on NSO (I wish), Wario World Remake, F-Zero GX Remake, Mario Kart DLC, Mario Movie news, Kirby Air Ride Remake am I raising my expectations too high?

I feel like if at the end of the day a direct that possibly contains everything we've had rumored/leaked (new Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime Remake, BotW2 gameplay, WW/TP HD, F-Zero GX HD) and you walk away disappointed because you knew of all that stuff due to insiders... I have to ask why you follow insiders at all? Don't read the dirt sheets if you want to remain surprised at what will be revealed.

Personally I want Mario Party DLC, new 2D or 3D Mario, Paper Mario TTYD Remaster, GB/GBC/GBA on NSO, Gamecube on NSO (I wish), Wario World Remake, F-Zero GX Remake, Mario Kart DLC, Mario Movie news, Kirby Air Ride Remake am I raising my expectations too high?

scarface-chico.gif

All I want from this Direct is a title drop trailer for BotW2.

Mostly because I'm tired of calling it BotW2.

The BotW E3 2016 trailer was ~3 minutes. Seems like a good length for an upcoming title reveal trailer. The blowout can wait.

I mean... they showed like 5 seconds of Link and a degraded Master Sword in the delay announcement. They certainly didn't need to. That's why I believe the next game they're discussing this game, they're showing more footage. Even if it is, indeed, just 3-5 more minutes.

I have yet to be disappointed by any Direct of the Switch era. Nintendo and others know what I'd like, it's almost they craft those specifically for me.

What I like: Direct with game announcements
What I get: Direct with game announcements.

Hell yeah.

Without asking for any „insider information“, how come this situation that they’re sitting on so many games and why is the current perspective, especially for 2023, kinda blurred and unforseeable?

When I look at 2023, there are a lot question marks to me. A hardware launch in the first half of the year, but (up to this point) no correlation between new hardware and BOTW2? A Mario movie slated for the same time as Zelda, but maybe not with a game to coincide? (Which would be strange cause this is the first big Nintendo movie and I was kinda sure they would pair a game with it – but not in the same time that Zelda releases, then again there’s talks about a movie delay). This Donkey Kong game that could come next year, but the DK theme park is not even remotely finished and the rumored DK movie should also come much later? I‘m sure there are no real answers to this but I think something feels off here.
My conjecture is that they've been very conservative in their scheduling to handle emergencies well, and now the Switch is out the door at some point relatively soon and they need to put the pieces together somehow

I personally was banking on WWHD+TPHD being there, as I assumed Grubb and Mike Minotti were like pretty sure/almost certain of them being there in next week's Direct. Do you personally know anything about that Emily?

I don't know the contents of the Direct. :) I was just simply commenting on Jeff's tweet, that's all.

Anyways, nothing is guaranteed to appear at the Direct. If Nintendo wanted to, they could announce Prime Remaster in a tweet.

I don't know the contents of the Direct. I was just simply commenting on Jeff's tweet, that's all.

I'm not trying to throw cold water on any Direct rumors.

Anyways, nothing is guaranteed to appear at the Direct. If Nintendo wanted to, they could announce Prime Remaster in a tweet.
That's true. Thanks anyway Emily :D

If there’s a backlog of games they have to be announced at some point. How long can you hold on to so many completed games? The backlog will only grow. We just had 4 brand new games announced from Nintendo in February + Mario kart dlc. They don’t usually put that much in a presentation. It told me they had a backlog.

I expect these presentations will have more than the usual amount of Nintendo announcements from past years.

Reading that Nintendo is "backed up" on games right now is surreal as we're reaching the point in the year where everyone starts delaying stuff into the following year because they're not ready yet.

This is a good problem to have as far as I'm concerned.

Zelda Blowout, which Is Just a Grubb speculation, could means various things.

Hypothetically we may see GBA as part of NSO expansion pass with Minish Cap in the line up, ad TP/WW could be the appetizers of a 6 minutes final segment with this Port announcement and a 2:30 3:00 minutes trailer of Botw2.

Not talking about a Deep dive gameplay or an in depth explanation, Just a trailer with a couple of Gameplay hints and the final name with a generic release date.

Putting all this together could be seen as a Zelda Blowout? I'd Say probably yes, and if it Is a far from certain scenario I think Is at least possibile.

Do we think breath of the wild 2 is actually ready for this spring? I could see a scenario where its pushed back to summer or fall of next year, thus they wait until early 23 to really give us a deeper dive into it

I imagine any "why is the scheduling weird" for the past 2 years and probably through 2024 will be the same, Covid. It's impacted all teams and all areas differently and at different times. Then you add in Nintendo's desire to be conservative and not have any gaps and it leads us to today where Nintendo has rumored new hardware on the horizon, but also has another years worth of software at least on the horizon.

Reading that Nintendo is "backed up" on games right now is surreal as we're reaching the point in the year where everyone starts delaying stuff into the following year because they're not ready yet.

This is a good problem to have as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, it's bonkers! I don't have a good explanation for why this is happening. Maybe Covid related?

You can tell Nintendo has a large backlog of unreleased games, because they're releasing 1 or 2 games every month.

Do we think breath of the wild 2 is actually ready for this spring? I could see a scenario where its pushed back to summer or fall of next year, thus they wait until early 23 to really give us a deeper dive into it
I honestly think they were going to be ready for this Fall, but delayed for logistical reasons.

Fire Emblem, Prime Remastered, NSO update, WW/TP HD, and a BOTW 2 title reveal trailer would make a pretty fantastic direct for me, even with FE being the only "new" announcement. Throw in another new game like February 2022 and E3 2021, and it'd be stellar.

Hmmm what else blows? Wind? Breath? Maybe Zelda blowout is the name of the sequel.

The Legend of Zelda: Blowout

Fire Emblem, Prime Remastered, NSO update, WW/TP HD, and a BOTW 2 title reveal trailer would make a pretty fantastic direct for me, even with FE being the only "new" announcement. Throw in another new game like February 2022 and E3 2021, and it'd be stellar.
Same for me. Even if it’s just one new game announcement it’s exciting because all the ports and NSO updates are exciting for me.

My hype for the Direct is mainly hooked on WWHD + TPHD (BOTW2 would also be very nice of course but I wasn't personally banking on that happening)

So I do hope they're there. I don't think Jeff and Mike would've said anything about being sure WWHD+TPHD for sure being there if they had just heard it from Dan

I predict that the new FE's artsyle will be controversial. It'll look technically way better (which is why they went with Gust I'm assuming, after all the criticism Three Houses got for looking like shit), but more colorful and cartoony (and dare I say, anime) which will not work for a part of the fanbase.

Despite that, it'll look much prettier, especially in 4K.

I predict that the new FE's artsyle will be controversial. It'll look technically way better (which is why they went with Gust I'm assuming, after all the criticism Three Houses got for looking like shit), but more colorful and cartoony (and dare I say, anime) which will not work for a part of the fanbase.

Despite that, it'll look much prettier, especially
in 4K.
Can't wait for people to complain about how FE has now gone full weeb and alienated it's player base

Despite that, it'll look much prettier, especially in 4K.
I’ll be fine. I care about the gameplay in battle and towns.

Can't wait for people to complain about how FE has now gone full weeb and alienated it's player base
I honestly think it's going to happen. Bright colors, more stylized character designs are all coming. That's what we get for clowing Three Houses. I'd be fine with it personally.

I have yet to be disappointed by any Direct of the Switch era. Nintendo and others know what I'd like, it's almost they craft those specifically for me.

What I like: Direct with game announcements
What I get: Direct with game announcements.

Hell yeah.
I love this attitude!

honestly at this point all I want is Everybody's 1-2 Switch
Raccoon got Splatoon 3 and is now actively rooting for chaos

Just because someone said temper your expectations?
I was being silly, I personally find it hard to believe they wont show botw 2 but i also wouldnt be surprised if it was a mini esp if ppl are saying temper expectations and mayb they only include the remake/remasters, save new fire emblem/botw2 for next year

I think a lot of people are too tripped up about the remasters thing. Nintendo wanting to release many remasters and remakes (or rather continuing to do so!) does not mean they will just announce a bunch of remasters in one driect, conveniently right after we've heard about this. I think more likely we can expect 1 (or maybe even more sometimes) remaster per Direct for the next years.

Directs always have a bunch of games and surprises, don't worry guys (maybe no one is worrying and I'm reading the room incorrectly)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom