• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Famiboards does not condone piracy. Discussion of acts of piracy are against our rules. -Donnie, hologram, paranoodle
Playing Splatoon 3 Story Mode on my modded switch right now
I also got covid and don´t have to work for the rest of this week lets goooooooo

Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on September, 13:
  • Metroid Prime Insurgence, formely known as Metroid Prime 4, announced, with few things shown in a long trailer. Release date is not given, tho I have heard it will release June, 19 2023. It will feature free content after release.
  • Metroid - Origins, is revealed in a cinematic teaser , with a tentative release of winter, 2023. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.
  • Metroid Prime Voi is presented with a debut trailer . Available Apr, 25 2023. A new Direct will showcase more info.
  • Metroid Prime Bastio is a new title in the series, announced in a surprise trailer, and slated for release Q3, 2023. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.
  • Metroid - Federation Force 2 , is a new ambitious title, long in development, first appearing in a video. Release date is not given, tho I have heard it will release fall, 2022. Expect more news after the Direct.
  • Metroid Prime Parasite is a new Metroid game, appearing with some gameplay form, with a tentative release of Q3, 2023. A new Direct will showcase more info.
  • Metroid Shattered is shown in a long trailer, with a tentative release of Q1, 2023. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.
Metroid!

While we wait for next week, what are everyone's favorite and least favorite directs during the Switch Era?

Best
  • E3 2019
  • September 2018
  • E3 2021

Worst
  • April 2017
  • September 2019
  • September 2017
Best
  • Feb 2022
  • E3 2021
  • Sept 2021

Worst
  • Sept 2018
  • April 2017
  • Sept 2017

…did I just say the last three were the best, and the first three were the worst? Lol

I quite enjoy "switch core".

I do find amusing that some people think a yoshi game or wario is going to end a direct lol
If by "some people" you mean my post, that's from the Fake Direct Generator.

Let's all face up to it: a Wario Blast sequel would be so utterly out there and incredible that Nintendo would hold a live press conference fronted by the spirit of Hiroshi Yamauchi.

Best: ones with new zeldas
Worst: one without new zeldas or with zelda remasters/remakes

If by "some people" you mean my post, that's from the Fake Direct Generator.

Let's all face up to it: a Wario Blast sequel would be so utterly out there and incredible that Nintendo would hold a live press conference fronted by the spirit of Hiroshi Yamauchi.
Smh i wouldnt be this passive aggressive. I meant that i saw some people saying this and thought it was amusing.

r5CXxX3.gif

Ya know, last night when the thread was moving at about one post per 5-10 minutes or so, I was thinking of @'ing Emily and asking her to just say something so the thread can wake back up but I was afraid that'd be a bit too on-the-nose.

Then I wake up this morning, get on the thread, see eight new pages and wonder what the eff happened, and oh... Emily said a thing.

The Legend of Zelda: The Thread Waker. 🤣

So I used the Fake Nintendo Direct Generator and here are the results. For the subjects, I chose Zelda, F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Remakes, Miscellaneous, and third party:

• Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on Sep, 13:

• The Legend of Zelda: Old Whisper, formely known as Breath of the Wild 2, announced, with few things shown in a short teaser , and slated for release spring, 2023. Exclusive to the Switch Pro.

• Donkey Kong Country: Primal Galleon is announced. I don't know how it will appear, but I've seen some gameplay form , to be released January, 23 2023. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.

• Metroid - Origins, formely known as Metroid Prime 4, , is a new ambitious title, long in development, first appearing in a surprise trailer . Release date is shown as Q4, 2022. Expect more news after the Direct.

• F-Zero Momentum is showcased in a trailer , and slated for release December, 9 2022. More info will be given in an upcoming Direct.

• Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered, remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, announced, being shown in a short teaser , and it is given a release date of winter, 2023. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.

• Super Mario RPG + Desolation of Wart, remake of Super Mario RPG for the SNES, is shown in a surprise trailer . Release date is shown as spring, 2023. It will feature free content after release.

• Kid Icarus Uprising Deluxe, remake of Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS, is slated to appear with a long trailer , to be released Q1, 2023. It will feature free content after release.

• Ace Combat 7 - Skies Unknown will finally arrive on Sitch. Will be exclusive to the Switch Pro. To be released 2023

• Marvel's Avengers confirmed for a switch release. Will be exclusive to the Switch Pro. To be released 2023

• Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will finally arrive on Sitch. Will have a digital only release. To be released 2023

And I did one additional one with subjects Miscellaneous, Remakes, and Sequels to see what it would come up with with nothing specific as a reference. Here’s the results of that:

• Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on Sep, 13:

• Furukawa appears, announcing plans to buy studios to diversify Nintendo's games portfolio.

• Donkey Kong Country Trilogy HD, remake collection of Donkey Kong Country Trilogy for the SNES, is first shown in a trailer . Release date is shown as Q1, 2023. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered, remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, is revealed in some gameplay form . Available spring, 2023. Exclusive to the Switch Pro.

• Metroid Fusion Ressurection, remake of Metroid Fusion for the GBA, is slated to appear with a surprise trailer , with a tentative release of Jun, 21 2023. Expect more news after the Direct.

• Dril Dozer for Switch announced, with few things shown in a gameplay trailer , with a tentative release of January, 3 2023. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Pandora's Tower 2 is a new game, appearing with a gameplay trailer , to be released Q3, 2023. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.

• Marvelous for Switch is supposedly shown in a video , to be released August, 19 2023. Other games of the series are on the way

I really, really love the results of the second one in particular.

I was thinking about the final fantasy pixel remasters. I know those 16 bit games had never been rereleased in their original form outside of the playstation 1, GBA, and snes classic. Is there a licensing issue that possibly prevents those games from releasing on consoles, but pc and phones are okay?

Smh i wouldnt be this passive aggressive. I meant that i saw some people saying this and thought it was amusing.
Yeah, I'm sure I've seen at least one "leak" from an actual person suggesting a relatively small game would be the closer. Just don't tell anyone about the Wario Blast sequel I've definitely 100% legitimately leaked...

We have enough Kirby games out now so, with HAL seemingly being done with things for a bit, I am asking for 3D Picross Round 3.

The pain of reading those BOTW2 subtitles in this thread and on Twitter makes waiting for the game an enjoyable experience by comparison

The Switch is doing what we wanted. All these devs have a lot more times on their hand to do a lot more projects since they’re not making games for 2 systems. Now, we can get all these remasters from them.

The pain of reading those BOTW2 subtitles in this thread and on Twitter makes waiting for the game an enjoyable experience by comparison
I remember when people here talked about how they would finally have a name for botw2 and we would stop talking about it as "the sequel to breath og the wild", it was before the e3 of 2021.
It aged as badly as the team 2021 vs team 2022 debacle.

To clarify, Nintendo wants to remaster/remake a lot of games, not just GameCube games. I wasn't just talking about GameCube.

And they won't all release in 2022-2023. Nintendo likes to sit on finished games and sprinkle them into gaps. Basically, the same strategy they've been doing with Wii U ports since Switch's launch. So nothing has really changed. The only difference is Nintendo running out of Wii U games to re-release.

From Link's Awakening to 3D Mario All Stars, Nintendo is very big into re-selling nostalgia right now.

Excellent, I love GC but I also want Wii and 3DS games brought over as well. Honestly, if they bring over the biggest games from GC/Wii/3DS Switch will have the greatest library of any console ever in my mind.

Excellent, I love GC but I also want Wii and 3DS games brought over as well. Honestly, if they bring over the biggest games from GC/Wii/3DS Switch will have the greatest library of any console ever in my mind.
Nintendo will remaster wii on switch 3, ds on switch 4, 3ds on switch 5 and so on

• Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on September, 13:

• Metroid Prime Bastion, formely known as Metroid Prime 4, is presented with a gameplay trailer , to be released Q3, 2023. Other games of the series are on the way.

• The Legend of Zelda: Nature Awakening will be announced with a gameplay trailer , and it is given a release date of spring, 2023. Expect more news after the Direct.

• Donkey Kong Counrty Hot-head Menace is supposedly shown in a video . Release date is shown as Nov, 21 2022. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.

• Pokémon Conquest 2 is revealed in a long trailer . Release date is not given, tho I have heard it will release April, 8 2023. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• Captain Toad 2 is a new title in the series, announced in a short teaser , and slated for release fall, 2023. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Mach Rider for Switch is showcased in a debut trailer . Release date is not given, tho I have heard it will release Q3, 2022. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• Metroid Fusion Ressurection, remake of Metroid Fusion for the GBA, announced, being shown in a debut trailer , and a release date for Q3, 2023. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• Kid Icarus Uprising Definitive Edition, remake of Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS, is a new upcoming game, shown in a video , and slated for release Q2, 2023. It will feature free content after release.

• Super Mario RPG Deluxe, remake of Super Mario RPG for the SNES, is announced with a video , and a release date for Q3, 2023. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Deus EX: Mankind Divided will finally arrive on Sitch. In the form of cloud streaming. To be released 2023

• Batman Return to Arkham is coming to Switch. Will be exclusive to the Switch Pro. To be released 2023

• Alan Wake will finally arrive on Sitch. Has exclusive content for the plataform. To be released 2023

• Project HAMMER is being ressurected for the switch. Only a trailer is shown

Like I said before, I don't really expect them to move entirely away from the NSMB aesthetic, considering that's what they've been using for their theme park areas and what not. It's kinda the defacto/status quo look for Mario, I'm afraid.

Remasters are timed for when the audience who grew up on these games are both feeling nostalgic and when they have money and jobs. Wii remasters should be popping up more in the next few years.

Emily im glad to read you here.
Some years ago, when you announced you were going to have a child, i was in the same time of my life, and for some reason, felt identified by you.

Maybe its an age thing (25 year old) and the fact I only ever played one of them but I love and have huge nostalgia around NSMB Wii. Considered picking up U DX on switch to play with my friends since we just wrapped up 3D World, just waiting on the hope that the next 2D Mario has 4 player online and is out next spring.

To clarify, Nintendo wants to remaster/remake a lot of games, not just GameCube games. I wasn't just talking about GameCube.

And they won't all release in 2022-2023. Nintendo likes to sit on finished games and sprinkle them into gaps. Basically, the same strategy they've been doing with Wii U ports since Switch's launch. So nothing has really changed. The only difference is Nintendo running out of Wii U games to re-release.

From Link's Awakening to 3D Mario All Stars, Nintendo is very big into re-selling nostalgia right now.
It seems like now is a really good time for them to remake Super Mario RPG with Square Enix, especially after Live-A-Live. Sell me that Geno and Mallow nostalgia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom