• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, guys.. if this Direct ends being just about a couple of ports, a remaster and a NSO update.. with just Fire Emblem being the only new game announced, I'd end quite disappointed..

Sure, a new look at BoTW2 would be nice, but it's also a known game for a while.. and it's only releasing next year :T
Yeah me too. Though September directs are usually port-fests, I want to see at least one new game, a new IP even. Doesn't matter first or third party.

I also hope the ports are of games that I never managed to finish, like FF13 trilogy or Batman. There are no past Nintendo games I haven't finished, at least once, except for Splatoon and Paper mario series.

L
I've given up hope.

At this point I'm just waiting for Nintendo to release Mario Party 2 and 3 on the N64 for NSO. Those games will have local multiplayer and chances are decent they'll have online play as well.

They're so adamant about providing all of these other games with DLC updates and post launch content support, yet Mario Party continually gets ignored. Whatever. I'm over it at this point. I just want the original MP2/3 games on NSO so I don't have to concern myself with it anymore.
Yeah I don’t get it. Why Nintendo won’t allow dlc for Mario Party (when they’re huge sellers), but all these other big sellers get dlc lol.

I’m also looking forward to Mario Party 2 and 3 on NSO. I’ll get to play them exactly like I want too.

ic. I vaguely recall them humoring that in the podcast, but it was all speculative.

I could see TP and WW coming in December and BotW2 launching by next May-June. That’d still be a healthy gap.
Yeah for sure, I'm just explaining why people are talking about a potential delay

I have a really good scoop about WWHD. After several years delaying it, waiting for its arrival on Switch, last week I finally bought a GC copy of the game and started playing it on my Wii three days ago, so it is beyond any reasonable doubt that it is finally coming for Switch. You are all welcome.

I have a really good scoop about WWHD. After several years delaying it, waiting for its arrival on Switch, last week I've finally bought a GC copy of the game and started playing it on my Wii three days ago, so it is beyond any reasonable doubt that it is finally coming for Switch. You are all welcome.
Well this seems definitive

Yeah I don’t get it. Why Nintendo won’t allow dlc for Mario Party (when they’re huge sellers), but all these other big sellers get dlc lol.
Honestly it feels like this is how Nintendo decides which games to give DLC and updates to:

businessman-white-throwing-dart-with-hand-eyes_488220-12988.jpg

Infinity Strash is one of games that Square will show off at TGS (no demo though), could be a Direct re-reveal. For 2023 launch. Looked cool enough.

If MP1 shows up, MP4 has to as well. Nintendo was savvy enough to reassure people when they announced Dread, so I would assume they would know the Internet would catch on fire if they announced and released the first meaningful MP release since the trilogy in 2009 and only said "it's still going" about 4.

Agreed. While I'd love to also get confirmation that it's in-bound for next year, at LEAST getting some in-game footage at long last would be nice.

While I'm in "wishful thinking" mode, I hope the Prime revamp has at least SOME new content. I've played the original to death enough that a mere facelift would be a bit disappointing.

Dread Suit mode unlock for having a complete Dread save, at the VERY least?

You can only have "dead man walking" kind of games in December. Whatever December will have, Pokémon is gonna destroy it so we need some already-dead games. Advance Wars and Metroid Prime are good candidates. Fire Emblem is not.
Metroid Prime and Dead. Pick one.

You can only have "dead man walking" kind of games in December. Whatever December will have, Pokémon is gonna destroy it so we need some already-dead games. Advance Wars and Metroid Prime are good candidates. Fire Emblem is not.
nah

Metroid Prime and Dead. Pick one.
Not only it'll die, Nintendo will provide a date of death. A limited release a la Super Mario 3D shouldn't be out of question. That's like something Nintendo would totally do (they did actually, with Trilogy on Wii).

L

I’m also looking forward to Mario Party 2 and 3 on NSO. I’ll get to play them exactly like I want too.

I have nothing to back this up, but I would still wager that Mario Party is the one of the Nintendo series with the highest retail percentage on Switch, and that has a direct effect on them deciding to just release a new title instead of doing DLC.

NdCube only delivers complete and timeless masterpieces that don’t require any additional content. You wouldn’t go to a five star restaurant, get the chef’s special and demand a side of fries now, would you?

If MP1 shows up, MP4 has to as well. Nintendo was savvy enough to reassure people when they announced Dread, so I would assume they would know the Internet would catch on fire if they announced and released the first meaningful MP release since the trilogy in 2009 and only said "it's still going" about 4.
Shout out to the people who reacted to the Dread announcement saying "Metroid 5? What happened to 4?"

That's still two main games in a short amount of time if you don't count Three Hopes ! I'm surprised Genealogy of the Holy War remake wasn't ready much much earlier than that honestly. Last Echoes game was 2017.
I'd guess that Intelligent Systems want to do the remake themselves and simply didn't have the resources to put it into full production immediately after Shadows of Valentia. If you think, they've been pretty busy since 2017:

• Fire Emblem Heroes [2017 - 2022]
  • WarioWare Gold [2018]
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses plus DLC (with Koei-Tecmo) [2019 - 2020]
  • Paper Mario Origami King [2020]
  • WarioWare Get it Together [2021]
  • New Fire Emblem (with Koei-Tecmo) [2023?]
  • Fire Emblem Echoes Holy War [2024?]

They've got 190 employees, so I'd say they're doing well considering their size. A mobile game, a 3DS game, lead developer on 2 Switch games with Koei-Tecmo, plus presumably providing the bulk of the staff for another 3 Switch games (Paper Mario, WarioWare, FE Echoes 2) inside of a 7 year period is really pretty damn productive.

My guess is the second Echoes game entered pre-production pretty quickly after the first game launched (spring 2017), but that it didn't enter full production at IS until Origami King finished in early 2020. By that point, the IS x KT development set up for new Fire Emblem was established, WarioWare was likely well into development, and so perhaps the resources were there for IS to start concentrating on the next Echoes title. We know that IS have juggled games around like that before; planning for Three Houses occurred in 2015 but it was put on hold while IS made the first Echoes game as a 3DS swansong.

Begs the question: what happens with Paper Mario? Wouldn't surprise me to see a remaster or port for that series, to be honest.

2018 had Pokemon in November followed by Smash in December.

literally shaking right now

the disrespect
Here's the thing

A five star restaurant? Unheard of. Mythical. Doesn't exist. The Michelin Guide stops at three, and already that denotes incredible food

So if I was at a five star restaurant? A restaurant so good, not only did they invent a new category for it, but they skipped four and went straight to five? I would do whatever it took to get as much food there as possible. I would eat 90% of my plate and send it back, asking for a new one, because there was a hair in it. I would get both the tasting menu and a la carte menu. I would steal from the plates of other patrons while they were in the bathroom. I would ask, no beg, the chef, for something, anything more.

"Please... please... maybe just a side of fries?"

I was wondering what the “wtf” was about. Just reached the slightly unhinged ending lol that’s something else
If you’re sick of something, then why even make a news video essentially stealing the Grubb’s report? That’s like next level “I don’t care” Twitter commenting

Here's the thing

A five star restaurant? Unheard of. Mythical. Doesn't exist. The Michelin Guide stops at three, and already that denotes incredible food

So if I was at a five star restaurant? A restaurant so good, not only did they invent a new category for it, but they skipped four and went straight to five? I would do whatever it took to get as much food there as possible. I would eat 90% of my plate and send it back, asking for a new one, because there was a hair in it. I would get both the tasting menu and a la carte menu. I would steal from the plates of other patrons while they were in the bathroom. I would ask, no beg, the chef, for something, anything more.

5 stars like in Mario Party

I expect better from a staff member and this just tells me that you’re a deeply unserious person. This conversation is over!

NdCube only delivers complete and timeless masterpieces that don’t require any additional content. You wouldn’t go to a five star restaurant, get the chef’s special and demand a side of fries now, would you?
Marco Pierre White was the youngest chef to get 3 michelin stars at only 27 if im not mistaken, he trained several super famous chefs including gordon ramsey (its where he took his mannerisms and was the only person to make gordon cry) also popularized cooking as a cool thing, this guy would kick customers of his restaurant if they werent respectful to him or his employees. There are videos on yt lmao.

Also if someone asked for fries (off menu thing) he would prepare it himself, but charge dozens of times more than the usual price of fries anywhere else.

L

I have a couple theories as to why:

The first and most obvious one is that it might just be on NDcube. It's possible that they don't want to develop DLC and would rather do separate games.

My second theory is that they don't want DLC messing with perception of the game. Mario Party is known as a very casual series, one that anybody can pick up and play. Maybe they feel that DLC would complicate things too much for the casual consumers who usually buy Mario Party. This would be a very dumb reason obviously, but I could see Nintendo/NDcube thinking that way.

I have to disagree on this one, I think Prime fans will be too excited for MP1 and not that mad if nothing substantial from MP4. Also, I think after everything that happened with MP4-I don’t think Nintendo would want to discuss it again until the game is done and they know it’s going to release

Here's the thing

Plus we’re out here acting like this mythical five star restaurant can’t serve steak frites. Give me an extra side of frites to sop up that delicious whipped chive butter that’s melted onto the plate.

Mario Party is one of the few series they don't seem opposed to releasing 3+ entries on a single console. Maybe they've just decided that's the way to continue rather than extending any particular entry very far.

I'm so conflicted about the zelda remasters.. They're great games and I'll buy them because I am a sucker, owning 3 versions of TP already and 2 of WW.. but unless they do something great with them, I'd rather had remasters/Remakes of 2D Zelda games from GBA/DS era. TP/WW I'm guessing wont differ much from the Wii U versions, but the GBA/DS games would be able to shine.

My opinion ofc.

L

I am still hoping they pull a MK8D Booster Course situation for Mario Party Superstars.

The tragic part of no dlc for superstars is when they do release another game they’ll likely add something or do something different that’ll fuck it up.

I want DLC for Superstars because it’s like the first time since the GameCube they got basically everything right it just lacks games and maps. Id pay 60 for a Map + mini-game pack for it over another release

I have to disagree on this one, I think Prime fans will be too excited for MP1 and not that mad if nothing substantial from MP4. Also, I think after everything that happened with MP4-I don’t think Nintendo would want to discuss it again until the game is done and they know it’s going to release
I agree on the first part.

Tho i definitely dont think nintendo is going to wait until february of 2024 to show off mp4 lol.

If MP1 is substantially remade visually I couldn’t care less about MP4 showing up.

Also if there’s enough other good content at the Direct, having MP4 show up at all feels unnecessary.

I want mp4 to be the only metroid shown, i think after what 5 years it deserves that. And it wouldn't be fair to other metroid games because it would remove all the attention from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom