• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hope the Zelda releases have been bumped up to 60fps, because, realistically, that's the only improvement I can see Nintendo doing. Maybe some amiibo functionality added to Wind Waker HD, given it was released the year before amiibo originally.

Oh boy, I can't wait for everyone to say the Switch has too many remakes/ports when Metroid will be the first one we've gotten in a year.

One day they should try to add voice acting to old Zelda games that could be turned on/off in future re-releases. Zant would be a character that would be nice to see voiced, with the right voice acting.

Oh boy, I can't wait for everyone to say the Switch has too many remakes/ports when Metroid will be the first one we've gotten in a year.
because it already had almost all pottential ports =P

joking, but if the direct is mainly port/remasters after skiping an summer E3 Direct, then people will be kinda dissapointet.

I do hope they do something fun with the ports. The gamepad features on the og HD ports were fun for example.
I think they'll just revert the item inventory back how they worked in the GameCube/Wii originals.. and maybe keep touch screen functionality when playing in handheld mode..

because it already had almost all pottential ports =P

joking, but if the direct is mainly port/remasters after skiping an summer E3 Direct, then people will be kinda dissapointet.
With Drake around the corner, possibly, I wouldn’t have high expectations for this September Direct.

i only half listened to Last of the Nintendogs yesterday - where’s this Zelda delay talk coming from?
Basically, if WW/TP will be at this Direct as reported, people are theorizing that they would likely be before BOTW2 and one might be reasonably expect a gap between them

Three Hopes is a spinoff, so not really the same thing.
That's still two main games in a short amount of time if you don't count Three Hopes ! I'm surprised Genealogy of the Holy War remake wasn't ready much much earlier than that honestly. Last Echoes game was 2017.

Not gonna lie, guys.. if this Direct ends being just about a couple of ports, a remaster and a NSO update.. with just Fire Emblem being the only new game announced, I'd end quite disappointed..

Sure, a new look at BoTW2 would be nice, but it's also a known game for a while.. and it's only releasing next year :T

Not gonna lie, guys.. if this Direct ends being just about a couple of ports, a remaster and a NSO update.. with just Fire Emblem being the only new game announced, I'd end quite disappointed..

Sure, a new look at BoTW2 would be nice, but it's also a known game for a while.. and it's only releasing next year :T
stinky horse:

300px-Bonjour_Bär.jpg

Triple Collection, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Botw 2 on the same day, botw 2 got delayed because they are still trying to press it all into the cartridges like luggage that's filled to the brim oh lawd

BOTW is the only 3D Zelda game I've finished to completion.

OOT - First time playing it on 3DS when it came out, moved on halfway through
WW - Downloaded on Wii U, played it for 5 minutes
SS - Dropped 5 hours in because I couldn't stand the controls

Might give WW another shot if it comes to Switch.

If MP1 shows up, MP4 has to as well. Nintendo was savvy enough to reassure people when they announced Dread, so I would assume they would know the Internet would catch on fire if they announced and released the first meaningful MP release since the trilogy in 2009 and only said "it's still going" about 4.

If MP1 shows up, MP4 has to as well. Nintendo was savvy enough to reassure people when they announced Dread, so I would assume they would know the Internet would catch on fire if they announced and released the first meaningful MP release since the trilogy in 2009 and only said "it's still going" about 4.

I agree. If this is a general, we are likely going to hear about MP4 and BoTW2. It's going to be a GOAT contender.

Please can I get some Mario Party dlc. Tired of playing the same 5 boards. I need more boards.
I've given up hope.

At this point I'm just waiting for Nintendo to release Mario Party 2 and 3 on the N64 for NSO. Those games will have local multiplayer and chances are decent they'll have online play as well.

They're so adamant about providing all of these other games with DLC updates and post launch content support, yet Mario Party continually gets ignored. Whatever. I'm over it at this point. I just want the original MP2/3 games on NSO so I don't have to concern myself with it anymore.

I think Super Mario Party showed quite clearly that they don't understand how to make new Mario Party games that are good (seriously, the mechanics and core design of that game were stunningly poor). Once the classics come back I can ignore future titles because I'll have access to the best games the franchise has ever and will ever produce.

A port/remaster/remake heavy Direct is always disappointing to some degree unless it has a remaster of Sin & Punishment 2 then it's the best Direct ever.

Basically, if WW/TP will be at this Direct as reported, people are theorizing that they would likely be before BOTW2 and one might be reasonably expect a gap between them

ic. I vaguely recall them humoring that in the podcast, but it was all speculative.

I could see TP and WW coming in December and BotW2 launching by next May-June. That’d still be a healthy gap.

——

In other news I could not possibly care any less about TP and WW HD releases dropping again. It’s nice that they’ll be available on the platform, but unless they’ve done some real Grezzo-grade work on them, that’s and easy pass for me. I really think they’d have been better suited to launch after new hardware and have something like 4K HDR be part of the new pitch. Anyway…

A port/remaster/remake heavy Direct is always disappointing to some degree unless it has a remaster of Sin & Punishment 2 then it's the best Direct ever.

Jokes aside - I’m still very into remakes from Wii era and earlier. If we found that Metroid Prime and FZero GX had *remakes coming (even if called remasters internally) I’d be all for it.

* remakes here being remade visuals; TLoU Part I, Bluepoint efforts, Link’s Awakening and Grezzo 3DS efforts etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom