• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
β€œPlease join us on September 1st for roughly one hour of new announcements and updates on games coming to the nintendo switch system later this year and in the first half of 2023”

😭

Which some of us may have taken too far...

PaRit2v.png

I am once again asking if a hot dog is a sandwich

They’re gonna show Flounder Heights in action most likely, with a release date of late September. Probably pair that with a β€œSplatoon 3 launched very recently” type of segment.

They’re gonna show Flounder Heights in action most likely, with a release date of late September. Probably pair that with a β€œSplatoon 3 launched very recently” type of segment.
Probably not in September. If the catalog is anything to go by, we'll get new content every three months or so. December makes the most sense.

from my understanding updates will be quarterly in 3 which kind of annoys me

I really wanted that live experience from 1 and 2

Boosting to 60fps would be something, but doesn't address the bigger issue that this just really isn't the time for this sort of release unless BotW 2 has been delayed again.
Why not.
It's a similiar situation as New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Super Mario Maker 2, and these two had a 5 months release gap.

WWHD+TPHD releasing in early October for example would be 5 months before BOTW2 if it releases in March 2023.

Seriously, though, now just doesn't seem like a good time to burn another 3D Zelda port, let alone two of them. BotW 2 is, at most, 9 months away, probably closer to 6. Would make a ton more sense to use them as filler after that releases.
With that I totally agree. It's a valuable release(or two) that can be brought on a dry season or year.
Twilight Princess HD happened a full year before BotW(tho the original plan was ~6-9 months, and the original original plan was what we have today, TP HD holiday 2015 and BotW early 2016).
Link's Awakening came almost 1.5 year after HW DE and Age of Calamity 1 years and two months after LA.
Unless we have the next new 2D Zelda in say Q1 2024 I don't know why bother sending out to die the two remasters on the absolutely lastest possible minute of the year.

To me having TP+WW would mean rather that Nintendo has a 2D Zelda for 2024 or spin offs coming the years following rather than a further delay of BotW 2.
I think both of these things are possible but I'd obviously much prefer it to be that Nintendo have a good amount of Zelda content in the works and are confident it's coming on time.

It makes more sense to make a Direct after the week of Splatoon 3 since they won't have to waste time in its (little) content.
Eh; I'm definitely disappointed in Splatoon 3, especially with how little content there is, but you're not gonna change any opinions like this. You should fight your battles elsewhere. Dunk on other people...

...like Rhythm Heaven fans.

Eh; I'm definitely disappointed in Splatoon 3, especially with how little content there is, but you're not gonna change any opinions like this. You should fight your battles elsewhere. Dunk on other people...

...like Rhythm Heaven fans.
what's wrong with rhythm heaven fans??

That one at least qualifies as a GrΓΆgwich.
I can’t believe I let my game get so light on sandwich content. it’s a travesty.

I mean there’s a toast GrΓΆgol so you could technically make a sandwich out of anything
PM2N6aM.png

but still. I’ve failed the board.

Tune in on September 1st for a roughly one minute Nintendo Direct focused on the next installment of the Sushi Striker series

-Direct intro plays
-The title "SUSHI STRIKERS 2" flashes at the screen in bright colours and does a radical spin
-Coming 2023
-Thanks for watching!

the vibe in here always rapidly deteriorates when we get even a shred of evidence
I recommend deploying emergency jazz when the vibe gets scrabbly

I love that when we were made aware of a September Direct, we immediately convinced ourselves that it was going to be the very first day of it...because ofcourse we did. Never change, Fami.

Takahashi: so we will do September Direct, week before Splatoon sounds good.

Koizumi: No no, I want it after Splatoon. One day before TGS in Japan, 13th US, 14th JP.

Takahashi: No. That's too close before TGS.

Koizumi: Why isn't it possible?

Takahashi: It's just not.

Koizumi: Why not you stupid bastard?

Tune in on September 1st for a roughly one minute Nintendo Direct focused on the next installment of the Sushi Striker series
What a great game, extremely underrated. Why didn’t all of y’all play it so this could have actually happened

no matter what the schedule is, this thread’s gonna lose it in 15 minutes

60€ Rhythm Heaven game would be great.
I know I shitpost about hating Rhythm Heaven and its fanbase, but I'd legit be interested in a bigger-budget, more in-depth Rhythm Heaven game for Switch. Give it a similar art-style upgrade to WarioWare on Switch, and pack it full of content from various composers and such, and it'd be great.

you can trust "Jeffrey Grubb" or you can trust science
In 2021 the Nintendo Direct was 165 hours before TGS.

In 2020 the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase was 60 hours before TGS.

In 2019 the Nintendo Direct was 213 hours before TGS.

In 2018 the Nintendo Direct was 189 hours before TGS.

In 2017 the Nintendo Direct was 213 hours before TGS.

On average in the last five years, Directs have occurred 195 hours before TGS, with a standard deviation of 22.978, sans the 2020 outlier. This year's TGS begins at 6:00 PM PT on September 14. Therefore, the Direct will occur between Monday, September 5 at 4:01 PM PT and Wednesday, September 7 at 1:59 PM PT, or on Tuesday, September 6 at 3:00 PM PT if you would like a precise date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom