• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's cool is that, with motion controls, it would make the Magnesis rune in BotW feel really immersive.

Cons:

1. It would make the magnesis rune and only the magnesis rune feel really immersive
2. The only way it would make it feel more immersive over, say, just regular Joy-Con motion controls, is that you're holding something. The movement is the same
3. It doesn't even represent what you're holding ingame. You're holding what looks like a Wii U gamepad or Switch

Who? I’m ShadowTails
7c243ca9dff53d10afd05cc4bb5f5507.jpg

Honestly after they called a unit “Nintendo Switch — OLED Model” I am ready for literally any name.

“Nintendo Switch — 4K Model” is not out of the cards.

I just want news man I’ve been so depressed lately cause we had no e3, the partner showcase was fine but they really should’ve had a general direct and I just feel like I’m at a standstill with this stuff I haven’t touched my switch in awhile either I don’t know
being pessimistic online will not save you, trust me

tbh I think the American OLED reveal privatization might have been accidentally done early. Like I think this thing is revealed next week, and maybe Europe and Japan etc were like “ok we hide it Tuesday” but the US branch thought they meant today

How does it waste time? It's not some marvel of engineering, taking the cartridge slot out and shrinking it a bit so that they can sell it at a lower price. Takes them 0 effort and could add sales. But honestly I think there's a hundred different ways they could go with revising the switch so I'm not making a serious prediction. There's so many different options to make a new switch model. Look at the DS and the 3DS and all their meaningless revisions. It's all marketing really.
If you asking Nintendo to sell a digital only device that has to be shrunk again from another shrink earlier at a cheaper price point from a machine that, initially, didn’t increase their margins all that much; And, has sold the equivalent of ‘okay.’

Does this sound like a machine Nintendo is going to invest in? Because this sounds like a one off machine with that shrink & being digital only mean either splurging for memory (losing money) or putting not enough in there (pushing away consumers). Either way the Lite itself is already having issues trying to sell itself against the Switch with its trade offs. I don’t think one that compromises more is doing any better. This machine is relegated in the same tier as Console Only Switch.

tbh I think the American OLED reveal privatization might have been accidentally done early. Like I think this thing is revealed next week, and maybe Europe and Japan etc were like “ok we hide it Tuesday” but the US branch thought they meant today
NOA fucked up, like when they listed Yoshi's Crafted World on their website and the funniest thing is when they leaked that the fucking YouTube is coming to Switch in 2018.

I know you're antsy but we're not at the cope stage yet

I haven't gotten all the hype out of my system

If we all started using our 3DS again instead of waiting for a new Switch we can revive StreetPass. Unless the new Switch has 2 screens and streetpass, then it is the most exciting piece of human invention ever created

If you asking Nintendo to sell a digital only device that has to be shrunk again from another shrink earlier at a cheaper price point from a machine that, initially, didn’t increase their margins all that much; And, has sold the equivalent of ‘okay.’

Does this sound like a machine Nintendo is going to invest in? Because this sounds like a one off machine with that shrink & being digital only mean either splurging for memory (losing money) or putting not enough in there (pushing away consumers). Either way the Lite itself is already having issues trying to sell itself against the Switch with its trade offs. I don’t think one that compromises more is doing any better. This machine is relegated in the same tier as Console Only Switch.
What investment? How much can it possibly cost them to make a slightly smaller cheaper version of the lite?
The bottom line is that right now the switch lite is nearly worthless to them. I definitely see them either price dropping it, revising it or dropping it. The lite right now is making up about 10% of sales in Japan, which is traditionally a very handheld focused market. Clearly something isn't working there.

I can’t see Nintendo putting out a more expensive Switch last year, and then less than a year later saying “oh yea you can now buy this new new switch”

I do expect a Switch Lite OLED with a limited edition Pokemon variant, and then next year we potentially see the next Switch.

That was a glitch in the Famiboards banking system, you only ever had the 2 that that other user donated to you. Sorry
This might be the biggest insult by a major gaming forum in a last decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew it wasn't set in stone that he would give me my FamiGolds back but the hype he created made me think he was just going to surprise me with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to me. Once he knew my FamiGold was expected he should've just done it and cancelled the donation from that person.

This might be the biggest insult by a major gaming forum in a last decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew it wasn't set in stone that he would give me my FamiGolds back but the hype he created made me think he was just going to surprise me with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to me. Once he knew my FamiGold was expected he should've just done it and cancelled the donation from that person.
I wonder how people who actually react to gaming news like this are doing. Hope they're just heated in the moment and can then carry on lol

You would think we would hear more if something was happening.

Then again. We didn’t get close to a confirmation on a partner direct and not a general till we got very close to it.

Also. Capcom. Pull a Nintendo and bump up that release date for Battle Network collection. Thanks 😊

^^^^The copypasta game is strong with this one ^^^

bc030c84a917103b463cf0de81be31c6184efa4a.gifv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom