• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how many days passed between the Switch lite video being private and the announcement of the OLED? Not for patterns I am just curious how long it was for the reveal.

You really need to stop believing in patterns it’ll happen when it happens. Just cause they privated a video doesn’t automatically point towards something. If they make an announcement tomorrow then so be it but I really don’t think you should be looking into this that deeply. Besides no insider has come forward yet to say if this means anything or if they heard something is this week

Aren't you Shadowedgy

Just wanna say that Tropical Freeze is one of my all time favorite games and seeing another Donkey Kong game, no matter the genre or playstyle,
would make me so fucking happy. With Pikmin 4 I at least know its happening someday.

why are people trying to make the switch cheaper in a time like this
The lite is selling like raw ass so a revision to the lite to make it sell better feels like a smart idea, and since it's the cheap option making it cheaper could be a good idea. It is kind of ridiculous that the cheap budget option is only 33% cheaper than the normal option. The 3ds was like $150 while the 2DS was $80 and often bundled with games for comparison.

While it would be nice, I think Nintendo will push visuals hard on the Drake-exclusive Zelda after BotW2. I think they will want to squeeze as much as they can from PS4+ level of hardware for their flagship Zelda title and we'll end up with 30 fps. Analogous to Horizon and God of War.

....And based on dev time I expect this to come out 7 years after BotW2. So in the meantime yes, give me all the 60 fps Zelda HD remasters. Fuck it, spirit tracks too. That game has a great ost.
Well Zelda will probably always have it's own unique style, and given that a game like Breath of the Wild runs on Wii U I don't think 60 frames is out of the question for whatever Zelda comes after BOTW2.

2025 new 2D game let's goooooo

The lite is selling like raw ass so a revision to the lite to make it sell better feels like a smart idea, and since it's the cheap option making it cheaper could be a good idea. It is kind of ridiculous that the cheap budget option is only 33% cheaper than the normal option. The 3ds was like $150 while the 2DS was $80 and often bundled with games for comparison.

You'd think raw ass would sell better

Can anything even beat "tree reflection on screen" web sleuthing? EDIT: ok the reflection was not on the screen but you get what I'm saying.

NX-Theory.png
I admit this was Wii level craziness and thar particular thread is probably my favorite from that particular forum.

Imagine playing with that thing now instead of an actual Switch 😂

What evidence? That they have stock piled materials and stuff? Look I believe it’s gonna happen but not this soon September maybe
You cannot say “actively privating a video“ isn’t evidence, especially given they have absolutely privated similarly-titled videos to avoid confusion in the past. Like, a video going private does not happen by accident.

I said you previously that you need to look at patterns but most importantly hints, since hints are everywhere. There is a Switch snap in Mario Maker main theme back in 2015:

no

whether it amounts to anything or not, a privated video is not a pattern
Thank you.

Patterns are like, "Wednesday year" or "Sakurai's chairs", this isn't a pattern. It's a well-established and well-known business practice which often but not always indicates a new similar-in-some-way video is coming.

While it would be nice, I think Nintendo will push visuals hard on the Drake-exclusive Zelda after BotW2. I think they will want to squeeze as much as they can from PS4+ level of hardware for their flagship Zelda title and we'll end up with 30 fps. Analogous to Horizon and God of War.

....And based on dev time I expect this to come out 7 years after BotW2. So in the meantime yes, give me all the 60 fps Zelda HD remasters. Fuck it, spirit tracks too. That game has a great ost.
I think you deleted the wrong quote header lol

just here to say that this is the best data transfer animation ever....

.... and the Switch and Pro not having something similar in style, cuteness and epicness would dampen the whole launch experience for me.

dude. I will be 30 when BotW 2 comes out next year.... imagining being 37 when the next one launches kinda hurts ngl
I was entering high school when Skyward Sword came out (and was banned on NeoGAF for spoiling Demise lmaoooo), starting college when I binged the entire E3 reveal for BotW, and now I'm applying for my Masters and in the second year of my job as BotW2 is coming out. I've accepted that big Zelda releases are signposting my life at this point, like someone's playing the Song of Double Time.

Sounds like a waste of time from Nintendo’s perspective on multiple fronts.
How does it waste time? It's not some marvel of engineering, taking the cartridge slot out and shrinking it a bit so that they can sell it at a lower price. Takes them 0 effort and could add sales. But honestly I think there's a hundred different ways they could go with revising the switch so I'm not making a serious prediction. There's so many different options to make a new switch model. Look at the DS and the 3DS and all their meaningless revisions. It's all marketing really.

Switch Pro or

New Nintendo Switch

What’s the title they’ll use lol

NEW will surly be received positively. What a title

My switch OLED literally arrived 2 minutes ago

What did I even miss, why are the Lite and OLED trailers private OF COURSE this happens as soon as I upgrade
This is all thanks to you.

Thanks

My switch OLED literally arrived 2 minutes ago

What did I even miss, why are the Lite and OLED trailers private OF COURSE this happens as soon as I upgrade
You're a year late on the Lite trailer going private

Watching that hoax pic again and I can't believe that someone made that tremendous effort to 3D print that thing but forgot that the computer had a Swedish layout.

Speaking of Switch Pro name, this is how Switch name was decided:

And could you tell us about how the Switch got its name, despite the Wii being followed by the Wii U? I imagine there was a lot of heated debate regarding it during your development discussions.

Takahashi: We had numerous discussions about it.

Koizumi: The late president Iwata initially asked us to “Do something new”, so we had it in our heads from the start that we had to move away from older names like the Wii and Wii U, or the DS and 3DS. Our line of thinking was that all aspects of the system must be drastically different from past hardware, even down to the name.

Takahashi: And that went for the software development side as well.

Koizumi: Yes. In that sense, we would be changing many different things. For example, we were always thinking about how we could revise the development environment, the way development teams were structured, and even the mindset of the developers themselves. This had more of a connotation of “change”, but we decided it would be more appropriate to call it the “Switch”, as that had the nuance of a replacement. So we chose that name out of all of the various candidates.

Takahashi: And there was no shortage of name candidates. We must have had thousands.

Thousands! Did the ideas come from many different people?

Koizumi: We told everyone what the new hardware would be like, and asked them to come up with names that would fit well and be easy for people to understand. And we ended up with thousands of potential names.

Takahashi: We ended choosing “switch”, a word that means something. It’s not a made-up word like the “Wii”, so it was also a switch away from that (laughs).

Was decision on the final name made unanimously?

Takahashi: There were a lot of different reactions to it (laughs).

Koizumi: When we explained it, they went “you took all this time to come up with that?” (laughs)

Takahashi: But in the end, we made sure it felt right to the overseas staff. We decided to use it because it would convey new changes from new hardware, and a switch in gameplay.

I just want news man I’ve been so depressed lately cause we had no e3, the partner showcase was fine but they really should’ve had a general direct and I just feel like I’m at a standstill with this stuff I haven’t touched my switch in awhile either I don’t know

Watching that hoax pic again and I can't believe that someone made that tremendous effort to 3D print that thing but forgot that the computer had a Swedish layout.
reminds me of the "Rayman in Smash" leak... people saying it would be too much effort to fake it hahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom