• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, casual appreciation for how they showed a brief snippet of Odyssey in the original Switch reveal video.

So cool.

What if it's Prime 4 this time, and showed so briefly that no one recognises it, they just see it and goes "oh, another space shooter".
"The new Mario is an auto-runner...." wild times..... wild times indeed

So the switch lite reveal video was made private a year ago and nothing happened, but now that the OLED reveal video was made private in the US, it's a sign that a new hardware will be revealed, is that correct?
What do you mean nothing happened? There was hardware revealed. It just wasn't the hardware we wanted/expected, which is pretty obviously down to Mochizuki (or his sources) conflating two different SKUs

My addiction lately has been almond butter & strawberry jelly on sprouted wheat bread, with jalapeno kettle chips.

Just fyi

Can anything even beat "tree reflection on screen" web sleuthing? EDIT: ok the reflection was not on the screen but you get what I'm saying.

NX-Theory.png

After SSHD and seeing BotW2 in 60 on Cemu, this is wired HARD.
I've been suggesting for over a year now that the reason they've waited on TWW HD and TP HD was to do them at 4K60. Every Zelda release from here on out being 60fps would be bliss.

(OoT and MM remakes when)

Edit: Wait, you saw what game on Cemu 👀👀👀

So the switch lite reveal video was made private a year ago and nothing happened, but now that the OLED reveal video was made private in the US, it's a sign that a new hardware will be revealed, is that correct?
Yeah fam, the switch lite reveal video was made private a year ago and nothing happened. There was no hardware revealed a year ago. Nothing.

come on, at least try to pay attention (Lite video was made private just before the OLED reveal)

Also, casual appreciation for how they showed a brief snippet of Odyssey in the original Switch reveal video.

So cool.

What if it's Prime 4 this time, and showed so briefly that no one recognises it, they just see it and goes "oh, another space shooter".

"The new Mario is an auto-runner...." wild times..... wild times indeed
"Metroid Prime 4 is now an on-rails shooter"

I wonder if there will be a physical presentation for the next console like in january of 2017. That shit was depressing, if there is one i hope they improve on it lol.

I do hope there is one, because i like physical presentations, but yeah nintendo work on it.
I'll never forget how Suda 51 went so off-script and out of control that the translator had no idea how to keep up with him.

You really need to stop believing in patterns it’ll happen when it happens. Just cause they privated a video doesn’t automatically point towards something. If they make an announcement tomorrow then so be it but I really don’t think you should be looking into this that deeply. Besides no insider has come forward yet to say if this means anything or if they heard something is this week

Yeah fam, the switch lite reveal video was made private a year ago and nothing happened. There was no hardware revealed a year ago. Nothing.

come on, at least try to pay attention (Lite video was made private just before the OLED reveal)
Actually, it was after the reveal, not before.

You really need to stop believing in patterns it’ll happen when it happens. Just cause they privated a video doesn’t automatically point towards something. If they make an announcement tomorrow then so be it but I really don’t think you should be looking into this that deeply. Besides no insider has come forward yet to say if this means anything or if they heard something is this week

troy-laugh.gif

no time for rest, only hype now

We're trying to vibe in here sir

Every Zelda release from here on out being 60fps would be bliss.
While it would be nice, I think Nintendo will push visuals hard on the Drake-exclusive Zelda after BotW2. I think they will want to squeeze as much as they can from PS4+ level of hardware for their flagship Zelda title and we'll end up with 30 fps. Analogous to Horizon and God of War.

....And based on dev time I expect this to come out 7 years after BotW2. So in the meantime yes, give me all the 60 fps Zelda HD remasters. Fuck it, spirit tracks too. That game has a great ost.

Patterns can happen for many reasons. In some cases there are legitimate business reasons for a particular pattern. Directs are always on Wednesday or Thursday (outside of E3) because those are the best days to drop major news when it comes to journalists and games media. Bad news is almost always dropped on Fridays for much the same reason, it gets the least time in the news cycle.

In this case, privating a video about a "Switch reveal" is a very logical and well-understood business decision meant to prevent confusion when consumers start googling "switch reveal", so that only the newest model shows up.

Nintendo is not the only company to do this too. This is often a pretty clear cut sign that a new video with a similar concept or similar name is happening soon.

While it would be nice, I think Nintendo will push visuals hard on the Drake-exclusive Zelda after BotW2. I think they will want to squeeze as much as they can from PS4+ level of hardware for their flagship Zelda title and we'll end up with 30 fps. Analogous to Horizon and God of War.

....And based on dev time I expect this to come out 7 years after BotW2. So in the meantime yes, give me all the 60 fps Zelda HD remasters. Fuck it, spirit tracks too. That game has a great ost.
dude. I will be 30 when BotW 2 comes out next year.... imagining being 37 when the next one launches kinda hurts ngl

learn the difference between patterns and evidence

Stop believin'
Let go of that feelin'
Streetlights, people
Stop believin'
Let go
Streetlights, people
Stop believin'
Let go of that feelin'
Streetlights, people

See? This is fucking shit

Seems like you were not in NX speculation days, that was something else. It was literally "tomorrow".

I've been through them all since the N64 launched.

The Revolution could have been literally anything. The surprise TGS reveal of the Wiimote, to the controversial Wii name unveiling, ending with the E3 2006 conference and stampede of the show floor was legendary. It was all uncharted territory. But the speculation was even crazier with people truly thinking Nintendo had created a consumer ready VR headset in the early 2000s. Hell, even the console reveal had people thinking the blue light was really a projector.

Nowadays we have leakers everywhere, endless information at our fingertips, and almost every move a company takes is over analysed to the point where nothing is really that crazy surprising. Which is nice in a lot of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom