• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! lol.

I was thinking more like some datalog where a friend is reunited with someone they haven’t seen in 20 years and the first words dropped are remember me? Or a video message from the man himself lol.
Sorry haha, Echoes was my favorite so I have a soft spot for the somewhat more serious/macabre vision of Metroid that Retro gave us. 😅

It'd be nice to have something a bit more wholesome I suppose.

The main selling point of a Steam Deck is so you can make posts that say "I'm going to play this on my Deck" for every new videogame that you're actually not going to buy.

Note: If you say "I'm going to play this on my Deck" without actually owning a Steam Deck, it's considered piracy. However, "I'm going to play this on my deck" is still legal...as long as you actually have a deck.
I’m getting a steam deck mainly to play some of my favorite older ones and some select newer ones. As well as ones like spider man from PlayStation

I bought my Steam Deck with the intention of playing through all the games I've missed out over the past few years of basically owning only a Switch and a launch day Xbox One.

Since then I have mostly been playing on my Switch. Though I did play through Yakuza LAD. On XCloud

Happy to see so many people on #TeamSeptember1st now 👀

I'd like to use this opportunity to point out that I was (I think?) the first person to seriously consider the possibly of a Direct on the 1st over a month ago 😎

👇

I mean... September 1st is a Thursday. I know muh patterns and all that dictate a Wednesday Direct or whatever, but Nintendo can still 1) have a Direct in September, 2) have it take place prior to TGS, and 3) not have it take place too close to Splatoon 3's release date with a September 1st Direct. I think it's worth taking into consideration.

I hereby proclaim that everyone on #TeamSeptember1st is based and 69pilled.

He speculates that if the games are coming this year then they would likely be announced at a September Direct.
Jeff basically said that they "shouldn't be stuck on Wii U for much longer and that we'll hear about them soon"
Thank you both! No interest in replaying them since I played them on Wii U, but if they come to Switch I'm glad others will have the chance to play them. I really enjoyed both ports a ton.

May I present the return of dill Spowser but also his ultimate betrayal

IMG_0372.png
The internal schism of platform exclusivity versus non exclusivity must eat Dill alive.

Nobody listens to me. I said Metroid Prime Remaster, WWHD/TPHD and F-Zero GX.

The GameCube Direct
Never played F-ZERO GX, but from what I've heard it would probably be better than anything new and funky Nintendo would try to revive the franchise instead of just a port/remaster

Never played F-ZERO GX, but from what I've heard it would probably be better than anything new and funky Nintendo would try to revive the franchise instead of just a port/remaster
This is correct. It’s also harder than anything they would make now, so might be the best way to reintroduce F zero. Soundtrack is absolutely next level as well.

Why did you ever stop?
Real answer for a sec: I got burnt out from all the speculation that led to outcomes (like the June Partner Direct) that I was personally unsatisfied with. It was becoming unhealthy and obsessive, and I needed to step back and take a break from rampant speculation and shitposting. You may have noticed I’ve been active here on Fami, just not near as much as I was in June… it’s because I can’t handle the constant levels of insane speculation. Not that there’s anything wrong with it for others, I just know that I become obsessive and it starts to overtake other parts of my life (as stupid as that sounds).

I want to stay a part of the community but I can’t sacrifice my mental health for speculation.

But maybe my “break” is coming to an end…?

Real answer for a sec: I got burnt out from all the speculation that led to outcomes (like the June Partner Direct) that I was personally unsatisfied with. It was becoming unhealthy and obsessive, and I needed to step back and take a break from rampant speculation and shitposting. You may have noticed I’ve been active here on Fami, just not near as much as I was in June… it’s because I can’t handle the constant levels of insane speculation. Not that there’s anything wrong with it for others, I just know that I become obsessive and it starts to overtake other parts of my life (as stupid as that sounds).

I want to stay a part of the community but I can’t sacrifice my mental health for speculation.

But maybe my “break” is coming to an end…?
Was mostly a joke on my part but glad you took a break to reset. I haven’t been as active since my general ST, mostly because of summer activities and responsibilities (and in the PNW we get like 3 months of nice weather so have to maximize it).

Was mostly a joke on my part but glad you took a break to reset. I haven’t been as active since my general ST, mostly because of summer activities and responsibilities (and in the PNW we get like 3 months of nice weather so have to maximize it).
No worries, I figured you were joking anyway!

I was trying to think of a funny response but I thought, just in case you were serious, I’d give a legitimate answer

For whatever reason, I have a vivid memory of playing Wind Waker HD on a late October Sunday. It was late afternoon. It was still light out by the sun was starting to set. I was playing the game in handheld mode sitting at my desk. I was playing through the Forbidden Woods. There's nothing particularly interesting about this moment but I remember it. Maybe it was just one of those random moments in your life where everything just feels right.

For whatever reason, I have a vivid memory of playing Wind Waker HD on a late October Sunday. It was late afternoon. It was still light out by the sun was starting to set. I was playing the game in handheld mode sitting at my desk. I was playing through the Forbidden Woods. There's nothing particularly interesting about this moment but I remember it. Maybe it was just one of those random moments in your life where everything just feels right.
...that 2nd WW boss music.

I am pleased to announce that after hundreds upon hundreds of Famiboards PMs from people BEGGING me to get back into the detective business…

I, Switchum, have found conclusive, definitive evidence of the date of the next Direct.

Don’t say I never gave you anything.

To solve the problem, we must look at the three insiders involved in the long-fabled Speculation Trinity: Nate, MVG (who is Nate’s co-host on the podcast), and… SamusHunter, who represents the evil within the speculation community. Stick with me here.

Let us begin by alphabetizing the three names:

MVG
NateTheHate
SamusHunter

Let us now solve each of the three members’ puzzles, in alphabetical order.

First: MVG.

MVG follows 340 people on Twitter. I will begin by adding these digits:
3+4+0=7
Now look at select words/phrases from MVG’s Twitter bio:
“YouTuber by night” and “GameDev”
How many letters in each word from the first phrase?
“YouTuber by night” ➡️ 8, 2, 5
Let’s do some subtraction.
8-2-5=1
Remember that.
Now look at GameDev. It is no coincidence that MVG capitalized the “D” in “GameDev”… he cleverly wanted us to think of this as one word, but unfortunately for him, I see past his ruse. The capitalized “D” means we must consider “Game” and “Dev” as two different words!
“GameDev” ➡️ 4, 3
Again, let us subtract.
4-3=1
Now we have two “1”s: one from “YouTuber by night”, and the other from “GameDev”. Now look back at the seven we obtained by observing MVG’s 340 following count. Let’s add the numbers together:
7+1+1=9
NINE is the answer to MVG’s puzzle.

Second: NateTheHate

Nate’s puzzle is a bit trickier than MVG’s (which was obviously quite obvious, anyway), but never fear, Switchum the Sleuth will break it down for you.
Nate has 10.1k followers on Twitter and 2.4K tweets. Subtract these numbers and you get:
10100-2400=7700
Let’s turn this into a time: hours and minutes. 77:00. But how many days is 77 hours? It’s about 3.2 days, which we can round down to 3.
Now, if you’re as smart as I am, you’ll notice a sneaky number 2 at the end of Nate’s Twitter handle: NateTheHate2. Coincidence? I think not.
Subtract these numbers.
3-2=1
Hence, the answer to Nate’s puzzle is ONE. Clever one, Nathaniel, but you can’t get past me!

Finally, SamusHunter.

Now, quiet down, young ones… I hear you.
“SamusHunter is a fraud!”
YES, YES, I KNOW. Of course someone as smart as I does not need to be told this.
But… wait. Listen to what you’ve just said:
“SamusHunter is a fraud”
How many characters in that sentence (excluding punctuation)?
My, my, now you’re catching on. The answer is 22.
And just like that, we have solved SamusHunter’s riddle: TWENTY-TWO.

Now, let’s put it all together.

MVG: 9
NateTheHate: 1
SamusHunter: 22

You are welcome.

Detective Switchum OUT

I am pleased to announce that after hundreds upon hundreds of Famiboards PMs from people BEGGING me to get back into the detective business…

I, Switchum, have found conclusive, definitive evidence of the date of the next Direct.

To solve the problem, we must look at the three insiders involved in the long-fabled Speculation Trinity: Nate, MVG (who is Nate’s co-host on the podcast), and… SamusHunter, who represents the evil within the speculation community. Stick with me here.

MVG
NateTheHate
SamusHunter

3+4+0=7
8-2-5=1
Remember that.
Now look at GameDev. It is no coincidence that MVG capitalized the “D” in “GameDev”… he cleverly wanted us to think of this as one word, but unfortunately for him, I see past his ruse. The capitalized “D” means we must consider “Game” and “Dev” as two different words!
“GameDev” ➡️ 4, 3
Again, let us subtract.
4-3=1
Now we have two “1”s: one from “YouTuber by night”, and the other from “GameDev”. Now look back at the seven we obtained by observing MVG’s 340 following count. Let’s add the numbers together:
7+1+1=9

Nate’s puzzle is a bit trickier than MVG’s (which was obviously quite obvious, anyway), but never fear, Switchum the Sleuth will break it down for you.
Nate has 10.1k followers on Twitter and 2.4K tweets. Subtract these numbers and you get:
10100-2400=7700
Let’s turn this into a time: hours and minutes. 77:00. But how many days is 77 hours? It’s about 3.2 days, which we can round down to 3.
Now, if you’re as smart as I am, you’ll notice a sneaky number 2 at the end of Nate’s Twitter handle: NateTheHate2. Coincidence? I think not.
Subtract these numbers.
3-2=1
Hence, the answer to Nate’s puzzle is ONE. Clever one, Nathaniel, but you can’t get past me!

Finally, SamusHunter.

YES, YES, I KNOW. Of course someone as smart as I does not need to be told this.
“SamusHunter is a fraud”

You are welcome.

Detective Switchum OUT
Ok so maybe I am back to shitposting after all

MVG
NateTheHate
SamusHunter

3+4+0=7
8-2-5=1
Remember that.
“GameDev” ➡️ 4, 3
Again, let us subtract.
4-3=1
7+1+1=9

10100-2400=7700
Subtract these numbers.
3-2=1

Finally, SamusHunter.

“SamusHunter is a fraud”

You are welcome.

Detective Switchum OUT
I'm an engineer and I see no issues with this math.

MVG
NateTheHate
SamusHunter

3+4+0=7
8-2-5=1
Remember that.
“GameDev” ➡️ 4, 3
Again, let us subtract.
4-3=1
7+1+1=9

10100-2400=7700
Subtract these numbers.
3-2=1

Finally, SamusHunter.

“SamusHunter is a fraud”

You are welcome.

Detective Switchum OUT
9000 IQ Play

MVG
NateTheHate
SamusHunter

3+4+0=7
8-2-5=1
Remember that.
“GameDev” ➡️ 4, 3
Again, let us subtract.
4-3=1
7+1+1=9

10100-2400=7700
Subtract these numbers.
3-2=1

Finally, SamusHunter.

“SamusHunter is a fraud”

You are welcome.

Detective Switchum OUT
If you wanted a look at how the magic gets made:

I'm an engineer and I see no issues with this math.
See? Engineer approved. It’s foolproof.
I finally went ahead and voted in the poll, picked 9/1 in honor of @switchum
There has been no greater honor in my entire detective career than @chocolate_supra voting 9/1 because of my sleuth work.
9000 IQ Play
Be careful using numbers like “9000” around me… I might just use them in my next theory ;)

MVG
NateTheHate
SamusHunter

3+4+0=7
8-2-5=1
Remember that.
“GameDev” ➡️ 4, 3
Again, let us subtract.
4-3=1
7+1+1=9

10100-2400=7700
Subtract these numbers.
3-2=1

Finally, SamusHunter.

“SamusHunter is a fraud”

You are welcome.

Detective Switchum OUT
This is the truth

MVG
NateTheHate
SamusHunter

3+4+0=7
8-2-5=1
Remember that.
“GameDev” ➡️ 4, 3
Again, let us subtract.
4-3=1
7+1+1=9

10100-2400=7700
Subtract these numbers.
3-2=1

Finally, SamusHunter.

“SamusHunter is a fraud”

You are welcome.

Detective Switchum OUT

You made a slight miscalculation in there. If you do things correctly, it actually ads up to Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase on September 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom