• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Den of Trials DLC for Zelda: Triforce Heroes was paid or not? Or was it a free update that I can just download now and don't have to worry about again?
Free. I think it added a lot to the game as well. Really underrated game if you play it as a one person puzzle game rather than a 3 person action game.

I know it’s all speculation, but is there anything even vaguely reliable leading us to believe the 1st?
Other than Nate saying it’s September and the following week having. Lot of tech events and splatoon launch. Then the 15th has the start of TGS. Generals usually aren’t the end of month so is a likely slot.

Last edited:
Bedtroid brediction for betember direct: Prime remake gets announced and all, and prime 4 isnt shown. They will slap on some bs like ''please wait just a bit more until we can show you the world premiere of the next game of the metroid prime saga''.

pro tip: its happening at the tga i swear bro

Bedtroid brediction for betember direct: Prime remake gets announced and all, and prime 4 isnt shown. They will slap on some bs like ''please wait just a bit more until we can show you the world premiere of the next game of the metroid prime saga''.

pro tip: its happening at the tga i swear bro

I've been watching TGA every year for the past few years out of the sheer hope Metroid would show up at it and it never does. I won't watch this year and I bet this will be the one that Metroid shows up at.

Tried to go back and see of this was mentioned and I don't see it (though apologies if I missed it): Grubb outright said on his Giant Bomb show this morning that WW and TP will be shown soon.

Metroid has WAY more tonal similarity to Souls. Focus on isolated or somber atmosphere, and methodical slower paced gameplay. Armored core is way more frenetic and action oriented, just because it's got lasers doesn't mean it's the best fit.
Core still has more in common with Metroid (at least the Prime side of things) than you may think, though.

A lone mercenary throwing their lot in with any of the organizations vying against each other for turf, resources and secrets? Where said merc is sent into combat amid locales where civilization collapsed due to some past disaster that befell it? Mercs that may temporarily form bonds with each other other out of convenience, before they might find themselves on the business end of each other's barrels later on (whether by choice or otherwise)? And the more your notoriety/proficiency raises, the more you'll have more targets on your backside, including possibly from someone within your own employer. And that's just the more bog standard surface-level stuff.

Plus, it has to be said: the first 3 generations of Armored Core were much slower, grounded games, to the point that I think even Prime1!Samus felt like a speedier/more responsive character in comparison. The super robot/modern Gundam antics from the likes of A.C.E. and 4/4A came a bit later.

Other than Nate saying it’s September and the following week having. Lot of tech events and splatoon launch. Then the 15th has the start of TGS. Generals usually aren’t the end of month so is a likely slot.

Last year it was on the 23rd. But that year TGS started late on the 30th of September, soooooo...

I know it’s all speculation, but is there anything even vaguely reliable leading us to believe the 1st?
There's an elaborate game of elimination, where it can't be this date and it can't be that date so it must be the 1st. But if you examine each argument about why it can't happen on September X individually, a number of them are sketchy as hell. But the elimination game is also fun, so here we are.

Can I get a

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Did anyone credible actually hint that WW and TP are coming this year or are people just predicting it since we haven't had a Zelda release this year?

Did anyone credible actually hint that WW and TP are coming this year or are people just predicting it since we haven't had a Zelda release this year?
Well if you look at the link above, Jeff Grubb has said they're not gonna be stuck on Wii U for much longer and we should hear about those "pretty soon". If anything I think October drop could be very likely

Please be 60 FPS, Please be 60 FPS, Please be 60 FPS.

Otherwise I wouldn’t get probably. The gamepad adds a lot to wind waker I feel with the maps and charts and such. Not so much twilight Princess as those things aren’t integral to the gameplay, but still nice to have the inventory on the touch screen.

If they show WWHD and TPHD in the next Direct, BOTW2 could be a good segway...

If Grubb believes that WW/TPHD are being revealed in the next Nintendo direct presentation, then I'm actually inclined to believe they'd be coming this year. Skyward Sword HD was only revealed 4 or 5 months before release and that was a meaningful update to the Wii original. These games probably don't even need that much lead time since they're established remasters.

Its just too much Zelda in very short time period.
WW+TP HD arent new games like SS HD, they dont need big marketing cycle, announce it in early september realese it in late september.
Not to dismiss the work devs put in (thank you for what you do) or have any idea how business works, but Nintendo could think like "Oh, these will probably sell about 3 mil, hold people over a bit until BOTW2" instead of holding them back to fill out a month when things get a little dry (don't believe they will tbf)

Free. I think it added a lot to the game as well. Really underrated game if you play it as a one person puzzle game rather than a 3 person action game.
Aonuma has also said it’s basically a spiritual successor to Marvelous: Another Treasure Island which never released outside of Japan and features the same Lost Vikings / Trine style concept of controlling three people one at a time

Aonuma has also said it’s basically a spiritual successor to Marvelous: Another Treasure Island which never released outside of Japan and features the same Lost Vikings / Trine style concept of controlling three people one at a time
That’s good to know. I just know the random online multiplayer was so bad. Whether it was bad players or trolls, I don’t know, but basically it was impossible to complete levels with only the emotes.

That’s good to know. I just know the random online multiplayer was so bad. Whether it was bad players or trolls, I don’t know, but basically it was impossible to complete levels with only the emotes.
I’ve played Splatoon with randoms, I know exactly what you mean.

With WWHD, TPHD, Metroid Prime HD and F-Zero GX HD all rumored to be releasing soon, my theory of Nintendo releasing a collection of "Gamecube classics" for the Switch is appearing more and more likely... Only missing Chibi-Robo! and you have your full wave of Gamecube classics on Switch !

With WWHD, TPHD, Metroid Prime HD and F-Zero GX HD all rumored to be releasing soon, my theory of Nintendo releasing a collection of "Gamecube classics" for the Switch is appearing more and more likely... Only missing Chibi-Robo! and you have your full wave of Gamecube classics on Switch !
Might as well upres and Gyro Pikmin 1/2. Was the F Zero GX rumor anything real? Haven’t seen the info on that.

Don't forget Star Fox Adventures and Assault!

Do we think the Sequel to The Legend of Zelda; Breath of the Wild will be the final game in the "Breath of the Wild so-called series", for now we've had Breath of the Wild, Age of Calamity (kinda but not really but kinda you know?) and Breath of the Wild 2 is on the way. I'm just wondering if Nintendo will continue with the artstyle, world and the like from Breath of the Wild or if they will start from scratch for the next game again.

I'm also kind of wondering if Breath of the Wild was a one hit wonder (and BOTW2 will probably also ride that train) but is Nintendo maybe worried about how to handle the marketing and development of a 3D open-air Zelda post Breath of the Wild?
As much as I would be okay with a 3rd BoTW game I am fully confident that they will do a new from scratch Zelda, what I wonder is if they will move to a different engine or continue to use the engine that was used for BoTW.

Following Sony's announcement to increase the price of the PS5 in certain regions, Nintendo has confirmed that it has no plans to release Metroid Prime 4 at this time.

HOLY. SHIT. START FROM HERE --> 31:20

Grubb's voice sounds so much like Chris Evans that it trips me out to watch his stuff

Also, WW+TP HD pretty much confirms the presence of BoTW2 in the next direct.
Imagine if it didn't though. Like, after the speculation that the big June Direct didn't happen because they didn't wanna go another Direct without BotW2, then we finally, finally get a general Direct and then Aonuma comes on the screen with his awesome hair and then...
ports.

I would laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom