• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the hopium of people thinking MP4 comes out next year (new school year). That game is at least 2024 (maybe early).
More than five years of development. 2 years with the full team focused on finalizing it. Holiday 2023. BELIEVE.
marce chan being name dropped right here smh my head
LOL 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 who's with me??? Team 2023 for MP4 here we goooooo.
Wonder if this is in relation his commentary on the latest Nintendogs

Releasing for Switch eventually: definitely.
This year? Hell no.

A rotation of 3D release, spinoff, port and 2D release.

You can squeeze out a pretty long string of games from that formula if you're creative enough.

Though I'm not too appealed by it either.
The one thing I would definitely welcome seeing again, like during the height of the post-Prime era, is just more Metroid spinoffs. Count me in with those who think that Fed Force probably would've been seen in a much better light, if a) it didn't come out in the midst of an overall Metroid drought and b) probably was held back a few more years to take advantage of the Switch. Which might have mean the game wouldn't have had to adhere to the SD graphical style, too, but who knows?

I wonder if it would launch, or be an early title for, new Switch hardware. After the critical and fan drubbing they got over Zero's controls, they may just focus on impressive graphical power, or do something akin to the instantaneous loading the PS5 showed off with titles like Rift Apart. Or they could finally lean into what Assault started, and make it like like Battlefield where you run around and hop into various vehicles, land and air.
It'd certainly would be interesting to see what they could do with instant loading with regards to being able to take the fight from the planet's surface, to the atmosphere, and into outer space, most definitely.

It's the kind of thing that would really lend itself well to making dogfights more dynamic!

If Nintendo were to release one of the two Zelda ports this holiday instead of both, which do you guys think will Nintendo release first? Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD?

If Nintendo were to release one of the two Zelda ports this holiday instead of both, which do you guys think will Nintendo release first? Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD?
Wind Waker. I think Nintendo themself is less of a fan of Twilight Princess.

I keep wondering what a Metroid spinoff outsourced to FROM could be like.

At one point I imagined a game where your create-a-bountyhunter or create-a-space-pirate explores a horrible dilapidated planet, with Samus and Ridley and co being near mythical figures you hear about in hushed tones.

Basically a Metroid Souls… actually that could just be a game starring Samus, although I wonder how predominantly ranged take on Souls combat could work and if it could work at all.

I also imagined a Destiny-like with somewhat similar Bounty Hunter premise, but Bungie has since been bought by Sony.

It's actually been known since May this year.

It is possible they were just recycling codes/assets to save on time or something.

Since May? Wow that totally flew under the radar. As for Switch Sports, I don't know why they would be using ship, ring and laser assets in Nintendo Switch Sports. The game has nothing to do with aerial flight combat. It's more likely were prototyping something, and bits of code were leftover in the engine like with Pikmin stuff showing up in Mario 3D All-Stars.

There's a few possibilities:
1) Nintendo is prototyping a new Star Fox game using their in-house engine.
2) They're considering porting Star Fox Zero.
3) They're experimenting with physics or new game ideas using Star Fox assets.

None of these scenarios means we're for sure getting a new game, but it's actual evidence they're at least using Star Fox assets for something over at EPD. I have doubts they're going to implement whatever it is into Nintendo Switch Sports. The most that game would get would be costumes, which none of these assets indicate.

Yo Rogue Agent was actually pretty good.

I miss Nightfire, too.
Nightfire was awesome. In college, my roommates and I would stay up all night playing the Skyrail ski resort level. Super super fun multiplayer.

More than five years of development. 2 years with the full team focused on finalizing it. Holiday 2023. BELIEVE.

Releasing for Switch eventually: definitely.
This year? Hell no.
Hahaha. Oh Holiday? Mayyyyybeeeee. At the very list we will see something

I AM a BELIEVER in the zelda ports this year lol.

If they end up releasing Wind Waker and TP separately AND full price without any sort of overhaul and/or additional content, by that I mean straight Wii U ports and not much else...

I'll be very disappointed. I will NOT buy them. Ever.

If they're sold together and it's a limited release thing like 3D Allstars? That I can live with.

Do we think the Sequel to The Legend of Zelda; Breath of the Wild will be the final game in the "Breath of the Wild so-called series", for now we've had Breath of the Wild, Age of Calamity (kinda but not really but kinda you know?) and Breath of the Wild 2 is on the way. I'm just wondering if Nintendo will continue with the artstyle, world and the like from Breath of the Wild or if they will start from scratch for the next game again.

I'm also kind of wondering if Breath of the Wild was a one hit wonder (and BOTW2 will probably also ride that train) but is Nintendo maybe worried about how to handle the marketing and development of a 3D open-air Zelda post Breath of the Wild?
I very much hope so. As much as I love Breath of the Wild I will definitely be ready to move on after the second game. Don't know if it would be considered a hot take but at this point considering how long botw2 has taken I think I would have preferred a from scratch Zelda instead.

Since May? Wow that totally flew under the radar. As for Switch Sports, I don't know why they would be using ship, ring and laser assets in Nintendo Switch Sports. The game has nothing to do with aerial flight combat. It's more likely were prototyping something, and bits of code were leftover in the engine like with Pikmin stuff showing up in Mario 3D All-Stars.

There's a few possibilities:
1) Nintendo is prototyping a new Star Fox game using their in-house engine.
2) They're considering porting Star Fox Zero.
3) They're experimenting with physics or new game ideas using Star Fox assets.

None of these scenarios means we're for sure getting a new game, but it's actual evidence they're at least using Star Fox assets for something over at EPD. I have doubts they're going to implement whatever it is into Nintendo Switch Sports. The most that game would get would be costumes, which none of these assets indicate.

I do know that OOT and SF64 share some code, as this article states: https://www.techspot.com/news/83723-star-fox-64-ships-can-spawned-zelda-ocarina.html

Maybe it's something similar to that.

I keep wondering what a Metroid spinoff outsourced to FROM could be like.

At one point I imagined a game where your create-a-bountyhunter or create-a-space-pirate explores a horrible dilapidated planet, with Samus and Ridley and co being near mythical figures you hear about in hushed tones.

Basically a Metroid Souls… actually that could just be a game starring Samus, although I wonder how predominantly ranged take on Souls combat could work and if it could work at all.
I'd only say to that...you'd be looking at the wrong FROM franchise to draw inspiration from.

Now, a Metroid game that was pretty much like Armored Core 1-3/Daemon x Machina, however, with various Bounty Hunters, Federation Troopers, Space Pirates and etc. all going at it? Gimme all the laser beams, missiles, flame throwers and beam sabers~!

Wind Waker would be a better game to put out between Skyward Sword and BOTW 2.

Do we think the Sequel to The Legend of Zelda; Breath of the Wild will be the final game in the "Breath of the Wild so-called series", for now we've had Breath of the Wild, Age of Calamity (kinda but not really but kinda you know?) and Breath of the Wild 2 is on the way. I'm just wondering if Nintendo will continue with the artstyle, world and the like from Breath of the Wild or if they will start from scratch for the next game again.

I'm also kind of wondering if Breath of the Wild was a one hit wonder (and BOTW2 will probably also ride that train) but is Nintendo maybe worried about how to handle the marketing and development of a 3D open-air Zelda post Breath of the Wild?
I believe that BOTW2 is the last game in this world, universe whatever you want to call it. I feel that they will likely move on from it.

Hahaha. Oh Holiday? Mayyyyybeeeee. At the very list we will see something

I AM a BELIEVER in the zelda ports this year lol.
Maybe we're on the same boat then? I see it being holiday 2023 with possibility to slip to early 2024.
Now on Zelda ports I'm only happy with this if they give BotW 2 a date, otherwise I'll be worried lol.

Minish Cap on NSO this year would be grand. I had it as an ambassador game on 3DS but I don't think I've played it since the original release.

I'd only say to that...you'd be looking at the wrong FROM franchise to draw inspiration from.

Now, a Metroid game that was pretty much like Armored Core 1-3/Daemon x Machina, however, with various Bounty Hunters, Federation Troopers, Space Pirates and etc. all going at it? Gimme all the laser beams, missiles, flame throwers and beam sabers~!

Metroid has WAY more tonal similarity to Souls. Focus on isolated or somber atmosphere, and methodical slower paced gameplay. Armored core is way more frenetic and action oriented, just because it's got lasers doesn't mean it's the best fit.

Maybe we're on the same boat then? I see it being holiday 2023 with possibility to slip to early 2024.
Now on Zelda ports I'm only happy with this if they give BotW 2 a date, otherwise I'll be worried lol.
Yeah. If it slips I dont think Nintendo will say it, unlike Zelda. They will probably show a trailer and say the year.

I don't think 2023 is too unrealistic to expect. By the end of 2023, it will have been in development with Retro for about 5 years.
Yeah there is a chance. 2 things might impact their release window and that might be: their 2023 holiday lineup (they can sit on the game) or possible hardware launch (a la BOTW 1 situation).

Got about 14 euro's left on the Wii U/3DS eShop. should I buy Kirby and The Amazing Mirror + Mario + Luigi Superstar Saga or should I buy Spirit Tracks even though I have a perfectly fuctional copy but a deafening fear of losing that game one day.

I could also buy Metroid Prime Trilogy but the final option to add funds goes away in a few days and I'm broke as heck

September 1st makes sense. They did last September Direct on a thursday. Also it makes sense to be earlier in the month when we didnt get an E3 Direct. Also it would be about 2 weeks before TGS, and the week of the 8th is Splatoon. I think we are 1 week away, 2 max.

September 1st makes sense. They did last September Direct on a thursday. Also it makes sense to be earlier in the month when we didnt get an E3 Direct. Also it would be about 2 weeks before TGS, and the week of the 8th is Splatoon. I think we are 1 week away, 2 max.
September 1st just makes the most sense to me too, I keep in mind that Nintendo doesn't play by the rules though.

What if 2/9/2022 is a Direct and 9/2/2022 is a Direct. I'm still team 1st though.
To make this worse: Europe has the opposite order: DD/MM instead of MM/DD. So we’d have Directs labelled as 2.9.2022 (February, American), 2.9.2022 (September, European), 9.2.2022 (September, American), and 9.2.2022 (February, European).

Talk about mass confusion. People looking up the Direct who aren’t looking carefully may end up with a Direct that aired back in February.

To make this worse: Europe has the opposite order: DD/MM instead of MM/DD. So we’d have Directs labelled as 2.9.2022 (February, American), 2.9.2022 (September, European), 9.2.2022 (September, American), and 9.2.2022 (February, European).

Talk about mass confusion. People looking up the Direct who aren’t looking carefully may end up with a Direct that aired back in February.
That's why they will make February Direct private. But only issue for EU folks since the US one will air on 1st.

Edited my post for clarity

That's why they will make February Direct private. But only issue for EU folks since the US one will air on 1st.
You know what? Nintendo should totally meme on us all and leave both Directs up to intentionally confuse everyone.

Why? I don’t know. It’d be kinda funny lmao

You say the US one will air on the first yet I looked up the announcement tweet from the Belgian Nintendo Twitter for the February 2022 Direct and it said "Tune in on wednesday february 9th at 11PM" so it would just air on the 1st of september, there wouldn't be an issue

You know what? Nintendo should totally meme on us all and leave both Directs up to intentionally confuse everyone.

Why? I don’t know. It’d be kinda funny lmao
Since they made Direct on April fools day this is the slightest problem. And after Wii U was named Wii U there will never be bigger confusion made.

Since they made Direct on April fools day this is the slightest problem. And after Wii U was named Wii U there will never be bigger confusion made.
Ah yes, the infamous April Fool’s Direct.

I can only imagine how many people thought it was a joke

You say the US one will air on the first yet I looked up the announcement tweet from the Belgian Nintendo Twitter for the February 2022 Direct and it said "Tune in on wednesday february 9th at 11PM" so it would just air on the 1st of september, there wouldn't be an issue
That's because of daylight saving, I explained it in this post.

Well, the February 2021 one was Wednesday in US and the September one was Thursday in the US. I believe this pattern about Wednesday or Thursday year was broken already.

The same day for Japan and EU is because it will be midnight in EU (CEST) and morning in Japan. It's always like that. For British time that means an hour earlier so 23:00 BST.

Note: the winter Directs are 23:00 CEST and 22:00 BST, but that's because of daylight saving. It does not apply in these September Directs.

Got about 14 euro's left on the Wii U/3DS eShop. should I buy Kirby and The Amazing Mirror + Mario + Luigi Superstar Saga or should I buy Spirit Tracks even though I have a perfectly fuctional copy but a deafening fear of losing that game one day.

I could also buy Metroid Prime Trilogy but the final option to add funds goes away in a few days and I'm broke as heck
If you have a switch you can use the wallet from there until March if you link your NNID to the Nintendo account and share the wallet.

As to the answer, I would get the GBA games.

It could really be anytime in September knowing Nintendo, I just hope its not the very end. I do think its around the 1st but hoping there is some smoke soon to get things going lol.

Does anyone know if the Den of Trials DLC for Zelda: Triforce Heroes was paid or not? Or was it a free update that I can just download now and don't have to worry about again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom