• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by my gut prediction of a Splatoon week Direct, but I would be more than happy to have one next week.

Me too, Team Scissors and Big Man are going to win the splatfest.
Nope! Never pick big man in a splatfest. The popular characters get all the picks so they will usually lose as the get s ton of not great players picking them compared to the other teams. The lesser picks seem to have a higher percentage of better players. I assume Big Man will always be the top pick. Not sure who will be the least picked out of shiver or Frye, but the three team dynamic might make this whole thought process obsolete. I am going with paper.

You made a slight miscalculation in there. If you do things correctly, it actually ads up to Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase on September 1.
Hmm. Perhaps my next theory will have to deduce what type of Direct it will be?

Nope! Never pick big man in a splatfest. The popular characters get all the picks so they will usually lose as the get s ton of not great players picking them compared to the other teams. The lesser picks seem to have a higher percentage of better players. I assume Big Man will always be the top pick. Not sure who will be the least picked out of shiver or Frye, but the three team dynamic might make this whole thought process obsolete. I am going with paper.
Some times you have to stand by your morals. I have to support Big Man and the scissors in his heart.

People need to stop thinking everything he tweets is a hint. When's the last time he actually dropped a hint?

Even if it's not a hint, it honestly sounds like the best outcome for Nintendo trying to do something with FZero right now. GX was a Sega and Nagoshi joint and I don't trust Nintendo to pull of anything that feels quite like it.

Edit: And not to buy too much into random leakers but Syluxhunter, who I think made a bit of a name leaking a few things to expose Samushunter, mentioned that something FZero was coming, and not to be too excited. Hearing about a 'remaster' would fit the bill.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, I have a vivid memory of playing Wind Waker HD on a late October Sunday. It was late afternoon. It was still light out by the sun was starting to set. I was playing the game in handheld mode sitting at my desk. I was playing through the Forbidden Woods. There's nothing particularly interesting about this moment but I remember it. Maybe it was just one of those random moments in your life where everything just feels right.
This happens to me a lot of times. Even if I’m not thinking “oh wow this is such a great moment,” I often end up subconsciously associating even specific parts of games with the area I was in/events that were happening in my life and it becomes super nostalgic

More understandably, it especially happens if I take a trip and bring a game with me. Like it’s almost impossible to dissociate The World Ends With You with the cruise I was on when I played most of it.

In regards to the F-Zero thing, Liam did respond to a user replying to the original post with "Don't play with me", with this:

You'd think by now he's clarify that he wasn't teasing at something...

Can’t believe Floptendo could be remaking the least successful console F-Zero

b51.jpg

Jeff seems pretty sure on the Zelda ports. If they're coming soon (as in, the next few months), then Breath of the Wild 2 is either late in the spring launch window (May/June) or it's getting a delay; especially if those ports end up in early 2023.

Or we all board the train to crazy town because Breath of the Wild 2 is getting brought forward to December 2nd and they confirm Zelda ports for 2023 for the lulz.

Jeff seems pretty sure on the Zelda ports. If they're coming soon (as in, the next few months), then Breath of the Wild 2 is either late in the spring launch window (May/June) or it's getting a delay; especially if those ports end up in early 2023.

Or we all board the train to crazy town because Breath of the Wild 2 is getting brought forward to December 2nd and they confirm Zelda ports for 2023 for the lulz.
I could see it being one of those 14 day turnaround releases if it happens. Back of September and early October are both technically open. People know what these games are and if they are largely no frills ports they don't need explaining. Buy them if you want kind of thing like 3D All-Stars.

I think we largely know the line up though minus Metroid Prime in November and potentially Everybody 1 - 2 Switch or Advance Wars in early December. I think they save the Zelda ports for later.

Can’t believe Floptendo could be remaking the least successful console F-Zero

b51.jpg
Well to me, GX is just a very, very beautiful game running at 60 FPS with horrendous difficulty curve, an AI that cheats more than all Mario Kart games combined, an elitist mess that thinks a console game must be as hard as an arcade machine.

A game mostly glorified by people who never played it but since their youtuber / streamer love the game, they love it too.

There’s two things I enjoy in GX : seeing Bio Rex in CG during Story Mode and seeing the game get wrecked in Speedruns & TASes.

Well to me, GX is just a very, very beautiful game running at 60 FPS with horrendous difficulty curve, an AI that cheats more than all Mario Kart games combined, an elitist mess that thinks a console game must be as hard as an arcade machine.

A game mostly glorified by people who never played it but since their youtuber / streamer love the game, they love it too.

There’s two things I enjoy in GX : seeing Bio Rex in CG during Story Mode and seeing the game get wrecked in Speedruns & TASes.
I actually quite like GX, I just don’t think it’s the be-all and end-all and neither do I think a remake of it should be how they bring back F-Zero.

I actually quite like GX, I just don’t think it’s the be-all and end-all and neither do I think a remake of it should be how they bring back F-Zero.
That’s the opportunity to tune it with some QoL here and there.

GX have one clear advantage, it can be done by anyone, because you just have to put in HD and yeah an Easy mode and Online

You can lettarly give it to any competent team on the planet
Yep, but I also fear the new useless discourse of « Duuuh, the game have an easy mode now, why can’t you git good instead of ruining my games ?! »

GX have one clear advantage, it can be done by anyone, because you just have to put in HD and yeah an Easy mode and Online

You can lettarly give it to any competent team on the planet
If they're serious about bringing F-Zero back I don't think they should go for the easiest or cheapest option tbh.

How about a well-running version of F-Zero X on Switch, eh?

Never played GX so open to it, but X deserves better.

Despite liking TP (I never got into WW because it starts with a bloody instant fail forced stealth section) and likely getting these I would be really bummed, honestly, because of the implications you laid out. Grubb isn't always right though, so we'll see.

OTOH, 3D All Stars and Bowser's Fury were also close by so maybe I'm just being a gaming forum whinger. October to March is still a reasonable time period. aaaaaaaah

How about a well-running version of F-Zero X on Switch, eh?

Never played GX so open to it, but X deserves better.

Despite liking TP (I never got into WW because it starts with a bloody instant fail forced stealth section) and likely getting these I would be really bummed, honestly, because of the implications you laid out. Grubb isn't always right though, so we'll see.

OTOH, 3D All Stars and Bowser's Fury were also close by so maybe I'm just being a gaming forum whinger. October to March is still a reasonable time period. aaaaaaaah
I think Jeff's been really on the ball with Nintendo this year especially - I think he was first to say June was a Partner Showcase. I doubted him then, and I was doubting how sure he was on the Zelda ports; but it seems he's not guessing and he seriously expects an announcement coming soon.

Quite what that means for Zelda more broadly is unclear, because I really felt Nintendo would hold those games for dry spells. Pessimistic take would be it means another delay for Breath of the Wild 2, potentially way back to late 2023. Optimistic take would be that Nintendo are now more confident about the Zelda pipeline for the next few years and so they're launching these ports soon because they won't need them in say 2024 and 2025; that might mean new 2D Zelda is getting off the ground or new interesting spin offs are happening.

I think Jeff's been really on the ball with Nintendo this year especially - I think he was first to say June was a Partner Showcase. I doubted him then, and I was doubting how sure he was on the Zelda ports; but it seems he's not guessing and he seriously expects an announcement coming soon.

Quite what that means for Zelda more broadly is unclear, because I really felt Nintendo would hold those games for dry spells. Pessimistic take would be it means another delay for Breath of the Wild 2, potentially way back to late 2023. Optimistic take would be that Nintendo are now more confident about the Zelda pipeline for the next few years and so they're launching these ports soon because they won't need them in say 2024 and 2025; that might mean new 2D Zelda is getting off the ground or new interesting spin offs are happening.

What is this, Zelda delay talk? Do i have to bring out the big Super Soaker?

I thought you're the officer?!

What is this, Zelda delay talk? Do i have to bring out the big Super Soaker?
Jeff Grubb seems pretty certain that Wind Waker and or Twilight Princess are about to be confirmed for the Switch. If they're launching any time soon, then I think it means one of two things. Either Breath of the Wild 2 releases towards the end of the 'spring 2023' window, so late May at the earliest but by the end of June at the latest; in a worst-case scenario, I do think it might mean another delay into the second half of 2023 is on the cards.

I'd love to be wrong. I've not really been convinced there's much need for the Zelda ports this year, but Jeff Grubb is a well-connected guy and he seems certain an announcement is coming soon.

Nintendo is unpredictable, and so is game development. But I think that another Zelda delay into further 2023 is not in cards, even with Zelda ports coming.

Anyway we will know all of this in 7 days.

I wouldn't be surprised if most Nintendo games get delayed by a few months since they must have all hands on deck working on Wave Race 6[4k] because they saw my total playtime on NSO.

I doubt BOTW2 is getting delayed simply because if Nintendo was unsure about the Spring 2023 window they would have just given a generic 2023 date.

I doubt BOTW2 is getting delayed simply because if Nintendo was unsure about the Spring 2023 window they would have just given a generic 2023 date.
True. Also I believe that since it's only 4-6 months delay they were pretty darn sure about it. They just needed more time to polish things etc. I don't believe that they will be adding anything substantion in those 4-6 months.

The Zelda series can absolutely support the ports in Sept-Dec AND BotW2 in March-May.

True. Also I believe that since it's only 4-6 months delay they were pretty darn sure about it. They just needed more time to polish things etc. I don't believe that they will be adding anything substantion in those 4-6 months.
No it was to prepare the dlss switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom