• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will find it interesting that it takes place before splatoon 3 to give the last details or just a reminder about the game

I think all we know is that it's very very likely to be between September 1st and September 14th. And that's plenty good enough for me! Next couple weeks will be fun.

Im still gonna bet on September 1st. Solely because of how the week after will be heavily occupied and crowded. WIth Splatoon 3 releasing late that week and various other events taking place like with Disney and seemingly PS with a State of Play. And I don't believe in the mid-Sept direct lmao.

Given Nintendo's mobile output I'm not sure why anyone would want this.
Never said I trusted Nintendo to make a good mobile version, just that the gameplay is not a fit for traditional console/handheld play at all.

Dropped it like a rock on 3DS because the game was nowhere close to being substantial enough to warrant running all the time. It’s a game that functions best as something you play for like 5-10 minutes at random intervals without interrupting other games/tasks. That’s a perfect fit for a mobile device, where you can open/close it whenever and run it concurrently with other stuff, not so much a console where you can only have one game running at a time.

Nintendo is all about respecting other institutions, so I don't see a direct happening until after the US Open is over on the 11th of September.

I'm not buying November for Metroid either. I doubt they'd be releasing 3 major games + 1 major 3rd party exclusive over the span of 4 weeks.

Then again, Bayonetta isn't technically 1st party either, so who knows.

Wanted to comment that I'm pretty surprised that there's no Zelda on Switch this year so far. Even more surprised that they simply didn't drop Wind Waker HD and called it a year.

Twilight Princess though, that can wait until they properly remake it since its visuals really need it. In fact, I would say if the new more powerful Switch has some exclusive games, TP remake should be one of them (preferably at launch).

Wanted to comment that I'm pretty surprised that there's no Zelda on Switch this year so far. Even more surprised that they simply didn't drop Wind Waker HD and called it a year.

Twilight Princess though, that can wait until they properly remake it since its visuals really need it. In fact, I would say if the new more powerful Switch has some exclusive games, TP remake should be one of them (preferably at launch).

Agreed. I would have thought for sure that we would get at least one of those games this year after BOTW 2 was pushed back. It would be crazy if Nintendo announced an October date out of no where in the direct lol

Real talk, early October makes the most sense from a release standpoint. They have done the short reveal to release window before. I'm just not sure it makes sense from a marketing standpoint.

ye the only thing I'll be burning my money on relating to Nintendo would be SV. Nothing else lmao. And putting a title out at around the same time a Pokemon game releases is how you kill the sales of that product lmao.

October is already pretty damn packed. Nier: Automata, No Man's Sky, Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope and Bayonetta 3.

Even November has a good amount of stuff like Harvestella, Tactics Ogre Reborn and Pokemon Scarlet&Violet.

If they're planning to release anything else this year is December or nothing.

(Seriously though, they should have dropped Advance Wars in August where there was basically no competition).

October is already pretty damn packed. Nier: Automata, No Man's Sky, Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope and Bayonetta 3.

Even November has a good amount of stuff like Harvestella, Tactics Ogre Reborn and Pokemon Scarlet&Violet.

If they're planning to release anything else this year is December or nothing.

(Seriously though, they should have dropped Advance Wars in August where there was basically no competition).
They're not gonna release any big titles in December, not after Pokemon. Anything shortly after Pokemon is toast.

Okay, so there's a bit of history of Grubb saying it makes sense for Nintendo to do WWHD/TPHD ports right?

Well, I don't have a timestamp since it's still ongoing, but during the latest "Last of the Nintendogs" podcast he and Mike Minotti seem much more confident than "it makes sense" in it actually happening.

Also, last but certainly not least, they're also quite confident in a Direct happening in September, so that lines up.

For those on PC, you can maybe skim through it and try and find it. At time of writing it's about a 46 minutes rewind to the current stream.

Okay, so there's a bit of history of Grubb saying it makes sense for Nintendo to do WWHD/TPHD ports right?

Well, I don't have a timestamp since it's still ongoing, but during the latest "Last of the Nintendogs" podcast he and Mike Minotti seem much more confident than "it makes sense" in it actually happening.

Also, last but certainly not least, they're also quite confident in a Direct happening in September, so that lines up.

For those on PC, you can maybe skim through it and try and find it. At time of writing it's about a 46 minutes rewind to the current stream.

This TP/WW duo pack is becoming a bigger and bigger wild card as time goes on.

I’ve been listening to Last of the Nintendogs for a while, but this is the first time I’ve seen what Jeff and Mike look like. Crazy. Jeff looks basically like I pictured him, but I thought Mike was like this small, scrawny dude from the way he talks.

King Zell said both are coming to the Switch eventually. He said we'd get OoT, MM, SS, WW, and TP on the Switch. People doubted SS would come and then like a year later Nintendo announced SS, and released OoT and MM on the NSO. Nate said it was a when not an if (specifically TP and WW in Nate's case) They're coming but probably not this year.

I want to believe in King Zell's Halo on Switch so bad. Yes I know it probably stalled and nothing's really changed, but god I wish something would update that gets it in motion.

I just want a good multiplayer FPS on Switch

I wouldn’t put it past them. People on the internet are weird.

You just challenged the internet.

The internet never forgets m8 :>

Something tells me if somehow, some way, random internet people pull together $75,000 just to get Nate to appear on camera he would happily do so

gogeta-bringit.gif

I swear to Gaia if we get Windwaker HD this year instead of Metroid Prime HD I'm gonna lose my shit. Don't get me wrong, I want both, but we've been discussing Metroid all year long. I'm hyped for it.

Windwaker and Twilight Princess seem like a matter of when. I know it isn't as simple as flipping a switch (no pun intended) to change a Wii-U port to a Switch port, but the leg work has to be minimal compared to most projects.

Assuming we don't get any surprises between now and next Spring, I'm guessing that WW/TP are 2024 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom