• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Famiboards, I need your help!

For my ultimate shitpost, I am writing, singing, and mixing an original Nintendo song... not to mention producing a music video.

I plan to formally release it all in February 2023, but I need some quality control.

If anyone is interested in hearing the song early and giving feedback (or just wants to bop to it), PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start a PM conversation with me.

I'm open to absolutely anyone. Whether you are a posting legend or simply like to lurk, I need as much feedback as I can get. This is my first foray into music, and as I plan on releasing the song in February on streaming services, I want to give the people- right here on Famiboards- who inspired the idea... the first chance to hear it!

I'll only let a few hear it, so PM me quickly if you're interested!

Thanks!

I swear to Gaia if we get Windwaker HD this year instead of Metroid Prime HD I'm gonna lose my shit. Don't get me wrong, I want both, but we've been discussing Metroid all year long. I'm hyped for it.
Now I want Illusion of Gaia and the other quintet games on Switch.

Famiboards, I need your help!

For my ultimate shitpost, I am writing, singing, and mixing an original Nintendo song... not to mention producing a music video.

I plan to formally release it all in February 2023, but I need some quality control.

If anyone is interested in hearing the song early and giving feedback (or just wants to bop to it), PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start a PM conversation with me.

I'm open to absolutely anyone. Whether you are a posting legend or simply like to lurk, I need as much feedback as I can get. This is my first foray into music, and as I plan on releasing the song in February on streaming services, I want to give the people- right here on Famiboards- who inspired the idea... the first chance to hear it!

I'll only let a few hear it, so PM me quickly if you're interested!

Thanks!
Get @bellydrum to help. His flag day song is next level, so he would be the best for this…

I'm thinking we'll have WW+TP on an eventual "drought" or "no Zelda this year NOR VERY EARLY NEXT YEAR" situation.

It's just a card Nintendo can throw anytime they feel like doing it. And I don't think it makes sense now.

Had they felt the Zelda-less year would be painful, they'd have it released earlier. They release SS HD in July and announced it in February thinking of BotW as late 2022.

My guess is they didn't knew it wouldn't make it long before the delay video so the Zelda plans for this year were ruined. THING IS, without Zelda the year is already packed enough, there ain't even no month to throw in a Zelda remaster.

The remaining holiday game is Metroid Prime Remake and even that one will need to be like the week before Pokémon.

The remaining month is December, and I see no reason they'd release Zelda remasters like three or four months before the brand new Zelda game.

Something tells me if somehow, some way, random internet people pull together $75,000 just to get Nate to appear on camera he would happily do so
I know how this shit works. If people give him a ton of money to appear on camera he'll appear on camera... with his face obscured. Nate's no dummy. LOL

gogeta-bringit.gif
See lookit that smirk! I for one can't wait for the special $75,000 episode of Nate the Hate where he shows up on camera holding a Pete Davidson cutout on a popsicle stick over his face just to fuck with Manscaped.

Nintendo has done same day releases quite a few times before (most notable example I can think of is ALBW and 3D World on the same day).

I have been so busy with life and Xenoblade, I didn't realise how close September is as well as a potential Direct.

No doubt we are going to see Metroid Prime Remaster and new mainline FE. I just pray that FE comes out in 2023, there's too many games coming out especially in October which is a bloodbath.

Didn't watch ONL featuring Geoff yesterday, reading now through the announcements ... and i didn't know they could've matched the "Death Stranding's protagonist can pee" segment, but here we are with Geoff announcing a Hideo Kojima podcast during that show.

WWHD or TPHD (or both) would have been great H1 releases despite my general disinterest. If the Prime remake actually exists and is scheduled for this year they'd have to release Zelda in the busy September to November period which seems unnecessary.

There's going to be 120M+ Switches on the market when Pokemon releases - the idea that Nintendo cant release any other games close to it is silly. Prior to it it's release is pretty stacked, but the only thing of note releasing after Pokemon is a DQ spinoff.

Catching up from several pages of chat.
To me, personally, 2022 is almost on par with 2017's software lineup. (Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, Bayonetta 3). There's a lot of quantity and variety in the lineup.

But your enjoyment of the 2022 lineup depends on how much you like Pokémon. The year literally started with Pokémon Legends: Arceus and now it's basically ending with Pokémon Violet/Scarlet. Pokémon fans are really eating this year.
Yeah, I'm not too fussed about Pokemon, though I tried Legends. But let's say this year was book-ended by Zelda, with a 2D game at the start and BotW2 at the end - I'd be beyond happy.

I think the one 'weakness' this year for me across the board is just how RPG heavy it is. I love RPGs, but I'm gonna have to skip a lot of stuff just to be able to play Xenoblade and Sunbreak (did get and love both Triangle Strategy and Live Alive). There are other good options - I loved Kirby and am very excited for Splatoon 3, Sparks of Hope, and Bayonetta 3 - but it'd be nice to see a little more single player stuff outside the RPG genre.
If there's Pokemon games on the rumored GameBoy NSO service, then we'll really be feasting.
I'm really hoping we get the whole damn family. I mean, there's a fair few GB/GBC games I'd play if they come along - Super Mario Land 1 & 2, Donkey Kong 94, Wario Land 1 through 3, the Oracle games - but GBA has rich pickings and I'm sure the games would look great in portable mode.

Really itching to replay Superstar Saga and Super Circuit lately.
Totally. I'm so curious to see how everything shakes out with Nintendo's scheduling.

From one angle, Nintendo has made the Zelda IP an annual series. You always get something Zelda-related every year, even if it's just a spinoff like Hyrule Warriors or an HD remaster like Skyward Sword. Normally they don't skip a year for Zelda. Does this streak officially come to an end due to BOTW2's delay?

From another angle, this year is Metroid Prime's 20th anniversary. And Nintendo has the opportunity to ride the sales momentum of last year's Metroid Dread. Releasing Prime HD soon would also make the wait for Prime 4 less frustrating. Jeff Grubb seems very confident that this is releasing this year.

From another angle, Pokémon is the big November title. Would Nintendo let Pokémon share the same month with Metroid or Zelda remasters?

From another angle, we still don't know what's going on with Advance Wars. Did Everybody's 1-2-Switch get Batgirl'd? Is David Zaslav secretly running Nintendo? 😅
An early September Direct gives Nintendo time to drop Prime out of the blue, if they want, but that means it's likely November or December. Personally I thought the gap between Splatoon 3 and Sparks of Hope was a better launch window, but there we are.

December has Dragon Quest Treasures as a Switch exclusive, but we know from the Live Alive/Xenoblade 3 situation this year that Nintendo won't step aside if they have something to release then. December to me looks likelier as a window for Advance Wars, Everybody Switch, or something unannounced. Style Savvy seems like it should happen on Switch.
the only way i see TP+WW coming out before BOTW2 is if BOTW 2 was pushed back again

WWHD or TPHD (or both) would have been great H1 releases despite my general disinterest. If the Prime remake actually exists and is scheduled for this year they'd have to release Zelda in the busy September to November period which seems unnecessary.
The Zelda timing is an odd one and I'm still not expecting a retail Zelda title this calendar year - especially not a mainline title or compilation. If one does happen, then I think Breath of the Wild 2 is a June 2023 title at the earliest. There's no need for Nintendo to drop Zelda in say, November, if they're then going to have their major, hugely anticipated Zelda title launching 6 months later; especially not when it could be another 4 to 6 years before Nintendo are ready to ship a new mainline Zelda.

In terms of exclusive releases, too, they've got a good selection to come: Splatoon 3, Sparks of Hope, Bayonetta 3, Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, Dragon Quest Treasures. That's September 9th through to December 9th. Sure, you could squeeze in a couple more games, but my money for that would be 2 out of Advance Wars, Metroid Prime, and a casual title (Everybody Switch; my perennial Style Savvy prediction).

I'm still on the TWW/TP are being saved for new hardware train so they can be meaningfully upgraded again

Oh, I like that train. I'd probably buy TPHD on Switch anyway but I have WWHD on the Wii U and probably would sit that one out. A DLSS upgrade new hardware though...

I know I sometimes tease you but I hope it comes across that it's always in jest. Please let me know if it ever goes too far.
generally I can make heads from tails of being teased and deserve it

these constant weird raccoon-themed non-sequiturs just seem like they're supposed to upset me, and the thought that people are trying to bother me is what upsets me

2023's gonna be too homogenous and here's why:

• New The Legend of Zelda (medieval fantasy action adventure series with RPG elements)
  • New Fire Emblem (medieval fantasy series, strategy RPG)
  • New Grezzo game (stylish medieval fantasy game, likely with action adventure and or RPG elements given the studio's expertise)
  • New Monolith Soft IP (medieval fantasy game, action RPG, given the hiring call a few years ago)
Smh at Nintendo greenlighting all this medieval fantasy, who do they think they are, George Tolkien or JRR Martin or whatever?

joking mostly but it'll be hilarious if I'm right and all four games happen

• New The Legend of Zelda (medieval fantasy action adventure series with RPG elements)
  • New Grezzo game (stylish medieval fantasy game, likely with action adventure and or RPG elements given the studio's expertise)
  • New Monolith Soft IP (medieval fantasy game, action RPG, given the hiring call a few years ago)
Smh at Nintendo greenlighting all this medieval fantasy, who do they think they are, George Tolkien or JRR Martin or whatever?

Knowing nothing about what Grezzo is working on right now, the only game i'm not with you is another one from Monolithsoft. Not only cause some devs there will likely be on Xenoblade 3 until the big story DLC is releasing, but also because i'm pretty sure that medieval artwork was nothing but artwork for their hiring plans.

Also, i think we should find a term for medieval settings that do have "(ancient) modern" techological parts of them in their world. You know like the Sheikah tech and so on.

It’s funny but I often felt the same on 3DS, where between Zelda, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter and all the Etrian Odyssey/Atlus games and rpgs in general I was drowning in ‘fantasy rpg-adjacent games about killing monsters with swords’, which is totally my kinda thing, I love all those games. But to anyone looking for games that weren’t somewhere in that Venn diagram the choice was perhaps a bit less appealing!

So in 2023 we'll probably have the new Zelda game, the new Mario game and the Mario movie. That seems really big, I really wonder how Nintendo is going to reveal their cards for 2023. Seems like a new device is like a no-brainer at that point, N would have the perfect momentum.

Dragon Quest III is also kinda medieval fantasy. I beat we'll get a Sonic Black Night port and Donkey Kong will fight in armor against a dragon with a sword or whatever
2023 more like 1523

Knowing nothing about what Grezzo is working on right now, the only game i'm not with you is another one from Monolithsoft. Not only cause some devs there will likely be on Xenoblade 3 until the big story DLC is releasing, but also because i'm pretty sure that medieval artwork was nothing but artwork for their hiring plans.

Also, i think we should find a term for medieval settings that do have "(ancient) modern" techological parts of them in their world. You know like the Sheikah tech and so on.
@MetalLord suggested the odds of another Monolith Soft game being in the works are high, given ~130 out of 275 staff were on Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I think we had an indication that roughly 20 to 30 staff are in the Kyoto support group, leaving 120ish staff at Monolith Soft unaccounted for. A chunk of those will naturally be on development support for Zelda (around 60 staff from Monolith Soft helped with Breath of the Wild), but that still potentially leaves us with a significant portion of their staff unaccounted for.

Mostly I'm joking when I say "medieval fantasy new IP", but I do think the odds of Monolith Soft having a non-Zelda, non-Xenoblade title in the works have gone up. Who knows what it is, or when it would release, though?

As for Grezzo, they've hired for an original title with a "stylish medieval fantasy setting" (as the hiring call described it).

Last edited:
I woun’t mind a take on a sci-fi oriented JRPG by Monolith.
But for the love of Lady Myneth :
  • Not a silent protag.
  • So don’t bother with multiplayer.
  • Character creation ? Why not, as long as he can talk.
  • Have your entire team available and moveable via a menu and not by searching for them in a ginormous city at different places according to the story progression and the time of day.
  • The first enemy is Tatsu from Xenoblade X and you have to perform a 16 party characters Chain Attaack on him in the tutorial.

generally I can make heads from tails of being teased and deserve it

these constant weird raccoon-themed non-sequiturs just seem like they're supposed to upset me, and the thought that people are trying to bother me is what upsets me
Just to be sure, i really, really am not trying to make anyone upset. I didnt mean to, ill stop.

I'm still on the TWW/TP are being saved for new hardware train so they can be meaningfully upgraded again
This would get me to upgrade. If they are just Switch releases of the Wii U games, I’ll stick with my Wii U copies.

“Finally, please tell me your future goals one by one"

Ando
"It's an ambition I've had for a long time, but I like action games the most, and most of the game development I've been involved in so far is action fighting games, so I think it's different from "Breath of the Wild" I would like to make the original action title I draw with "a form unique to monolith software" someday."

Ando current position being Senior Game Design Director now its suspicious,he isnt directing botw2 and we know he was the director of a cancelled game in 2016

Very much looking forward to speculating on what games will be shown when we are more sure on the exact date or have it announced. There's some obvious choices, ofc, but aside from them I feel like I'm so much in the dark about what could be coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom