• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
a-surprise-to-be-sure-but-a-welcome-one-when-55157418.png

ngl, I was 100% convinced that it had been silently canceled.
Me too, and the insane thing is that for all of this years Forever actually gave updates on it.....but only in random podcasts and theyr Discord

I'd like an Indie World because I haven't bought any indies yet this year but I do intend to play ElecHead and Tunic before 2023 happens.

But yeah, Indie World. Please.

IGN dropped a Splatoon preview. It might be preview day overall.

Edit: Game Informer too. It’s preview day!

Last edited:
It makes too much sense for WW/TP to be a limited release up until Botw2 for the simple fact it's a very nintendo move. They do the FOMO thing again and then when gamecube games come to NSO they get trickled out there for more subs one year. That's my prediction but I hope I'm wrong.

generally I can make heads from tails of being teased and deserve it

these constant weird raccoon-themed non-sequiturs just seem like they're supposed to upset me, and the thought that people are trying to bother me is what upsets me
I hope my weird raccoon-themed non-sequiturs have only ever come across as wholesome.

Even the ones about trash, I genuinely mean those as positive ❤️

We really got DRM before Netflix, didn't have that on my bingo card

Well that is sure to diminish all the performance gains the upscaling tech for the new Switch would give us. But that's ok, in the end it all balances out! 😅
It looks like the article is not mentioning Nintendo being involved, which begs the question if Nintendo will be okay with 3rd party DRM being on their system.

It looks like the article is not mentioning Nintendo being involved, which begs the question if Nintendo will be okay with 3rd party DRM being on their system.
I would hope so, but then again it wouldn't be out of character for Nintendo to endorse this considering their history of making bad decisions for the sake of fighting piracy.

I really don't care if they make the Zelda ports limited. If it means I'll be able to play WWHD in a month or so on Switch I'm all for it.

Dont they already do, or at least did in the past? I thought they allowed Ubisoft/T-2/Epic to use their own DRM

That's because Nintendo is not involved in bringing Denuvo to Switch.
And on Switch, third parties like Ubisoft already implement their own drms without problems

In over 8 days from now Direct will be already happening (and a week from now it will be already announced). Time flies fast.

Last of the Nintendogs brought up Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD in a way where it sounds like they’re locks for this year...

Sounds like they’re hard locks for the September 7th Direct
X to doubt. No way they make it this year. Not unless Metroid AND BOTW got delayed.

They didn’t really go out of their way, they were asked by a press outlet and gave an answer. I know it’s disappointing but it’s not like Nintendo saw non-binary folks happy about something and said “no, we can’t have that!” They have a character that identifies as female and they have confirmed as such.

I think Nintendo has made some progress in inclusivity, like how the linked article points out they don’t really use “boy/girl” in their “which character do you wanna be” screens anymore. I believe Animal Crossing asks “what’s your style?” or something like that. That’s not nothing, but I do think they’ve still got ground to cover.

Frankly, knowing how slow Nintendo moves, I’m pleasantly surprised they’ve made the progress they’ve made.

I believe Animal Crossing asks “what’s your style?” or something like that.
Unfortunately only in the english (US?) version. In other languages it asks the gender. Let‘s hope it isn‘t the case for Splatoon 3.

Today I'm learning that Splatoon fans are more similar to Pokemon fans than I thought.
I don’t get what you’re doing anymore.

You’re making a (negative) comment about splatoon fans and Pokémon fans. But you’re coming off worst right now.

You can just admit you simply jumped the gun based off early previews. Then simply wait and see the final results, then bring up you ended up right if that final game ended up reflecting what your previous thought. Instead you chose to double down.

I don’t get it

They didn’t really go out of their way, they were asked by a press outlet and gave an answer. I know it’s disappointing but it’s not like Nintendo saw non-binary folks happy about something and said “no, we can’t have that!” They have a character that identifies as female and they have confirmed as such.

I think Nintendo has made some progress in inclusivity, like how the linked article points out they don’t really use “boy/girl” in their “which character do you wanna be” screens anymore. I believe Animal Crossing asks “what’s your style?” or something like that. That’s not nothing, but I do think they’ve still got ground to cover.

Frankly, knowing how slow Nintendo moves, I’m pleasantly surprised they’ve made the progress they’ve made.
agreed. Hopefully we will see a new ip one day that has an black, brown or lgbt as protagonist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom