• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to SamusHunter anyway?
Seems to have fully retreated into the void from whence they came, no activity since mid July. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if S*musH*nter re-purpose themselves as some "new" """leaker""" when they crawl out of the sewers like S*bi did after the criminal allegations came out against them.

Truthfully I'm equally okay if SyluxHunter stays just as quiet; a watchful guardian biding their time to banish the evil once more should it rear its ugly head again, and no need to stoke the fires of Nintendo fans otherwise.

I've been hilariously wrong before, but I really don't see Nintendo being able to get away with not showing BotW2 again.

Anyway, HYPE! Expected, but still nice.

Once again, I'm asking for something about Breath of the Wild 2.

Give us the damn title, already. Zelda YouTubers should be able to make hours of theory videos with that alone.

Honestly part of me hopes Batman isn't in this one. If it comes out too soon there's a chance it won't be Drake enhanced next year. Missing it by months and having a sub-native version of Arkham Knight would sting. I've waited this long...personally hoping for a 2023 release there

Yes. They said they will not be releasing anything this fiscal (though they have lied before), but the major reason is announcements for hardware have been separate from directs in recent years.
If this is about Nikkei article, that was a mistranslation - they were saying the past quarter had no hardware.

TGS starts on the 15th (14th for us North Americans), so I'm gonna say Direct on the 7th or the 8th.

It's not a prediction. It's what is happening.

doge-dance.gif

I would love for hardware to finally be officially confirmed just so I can finally put it to rest in my head and stop giving so much anxious handwringing, but I'd find it hard to believe that it would just simply be revealed in a Direct without some kind of lead build-up. The OLED announcement was simply dropped at 9am EST with no prior fanfare, the Switch Lite (iirc) also had no indication during E3 2019 when it was revealed on July 10th. But the original Switch? The Wii U? The Wii? Those I distinctly recall in the past that Nintendo did their best to raise eyebrows while remaining as cryptic as possible about hardware being discussed at their upcoming presentation.

If discussion of hardware isn't mentioned at the announcement of the Direct in September, we aren't getting a reveal until January 2023 at the earliest (and I'm still holding true to my promise for my own sanity that if there is no announcement by the end of March 2023, I'm putting the hardware thread on mute and simply ignoring any discussion of the new Switch)

I wonder if this will be the first year in the Switch’s life we don’t get a Zelda game. (This is me secretly hoping they slide in WW/TP somewhere in early October).

TGS starts on the 15th (14th for us North Americans), so I'm gonna say Direct on the 7th or the 8th.
I think it's pretty much a lock that it's either on August 31st, September 1st, September 7th, or September 8th. MAYBE an outside chance of it being September 13th, but I don't think that's likely.

So the first possible announcement date is August 29th, barely a week and a weekend away. Here we go!

Early predictions:
  • Mario Kart DLC Wave 3 gets a release date and shows off two tracks, but not the other six. Merry Mountain and Peach Gardens. Releases in November.
  • Nintendo Switch Sports Golf releases in late September. Dodgeball coming in December.
  • Metroid Prime Remake releasing in early November
  • New Super Mario Bros World releasing in February 2023. New mechanics like upside down gravity and more open levels
  • BOTW2 reveal trailer, releasing Spring 2023

At this point what I want from the direct would be:

Mario Kart Wave 3 (keeping this low since we literally just got wave 2)

Sonic Frontiers stuff (expecting this)

Mario Party Superstars DLC (like that’s ever gonna happen)

GBA/GB/GBC for NSO (PLEASE NINTENDO)

Gamecube for NSO (HAHAHAHAHA yeah right!!)

New 3D/2D Mario (maybe)

Spongebob Cosmic Shake (I don’t think so…but hey Gamescom)

Mario Movie trailer (they have to at this point…)

Nintendo and Apple always have events in the same month. Every year. There was an Apple event last September. There was a direct last September. Apple has been doing September events for years now along with WWDC in June for, what, 2 decades?

Yeah but you know how Tim Apple is against Shuntaro Nintendo… 😉

i forgot that they do it in the same month

Nintendo September Direct

A showcase of various games and products based on the hit song "September" by Earth, Wind, and Fire.

If they end up teasing MP4 along with the MP remake, in addition to a longer Zelda trailer both in the Sept Direct, then I think a new Mario platformer will be the big reveal for the Feb Direct, releasing Fall/Holiday 23.

I have no idea where a new DK would fit in. Are folks thinking there's both a 2D DK and 2D Mario in development?

Last edited:
I've been hilariously wrong before, but I really don't see Nintendo being able to get away with not showing BotW2 again.

Anyway, HYPE! Expected, but still nice.

Define "getting away". Because if that means absolutely nothing of importance happening to them, they could definitely get away with it.

My vote in the poll was 8/30 - 9/1, but now I'm expecting it later, just because always when I expect the direct in the earliest possible date it's always later than expected.

Could the new Zelda be in there? I think this is the first Direct in which I think there is a genuine chance it will show up, with a title reveal and everything else. Oh, boy!

And then there's also the possibility of Silksong. And Tunic. And Donkey Kong. And Metroid Prime HD. I think I need to lie down for a few minutes.

Expanding on my previous quickfire predictions from a while ago. Bold predictions are spotlights, the rest are headlines.

• Metroid Prime HD: Game looks very impressive visually, and now has gyro controls. Releasing December 2nd. Takahashi also confirms that Metroid Prime 2 HD and Metroid Prime 3 HD are in development, with a small teaser for Metroid Prime 2 HD given. We're also reassured that Metroid Prime 4 development is still proceeding smoothly.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass: Only Merry Mountain and 3DS Rainbow Road are shown off. Release window of November for Wave 3 (will ultimately be November 25th).
  • Tunic: Finally revealed for Switch, and will launch on the eShop alongside other consoles on September 20th.
  • Bayonetta 3: New trailer, alongside a confirmation of the current release date.
  • New Fire Emblem: The leaks were real. Game looks decent enough, although initial reactions aren't all that impressive. Releasing February 10th.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Showcases the new hero. Releasing in October.
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League: New characters and content added. Shadowdrop.
  • Sonic Frontiers: More footage shown.
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope: New story trailer.
  • Dragon Quest Treasures: Overview trailer.
  • Nintendo Switch Sports: Golf update is shadowdropped. Baseball is revealed as the next sport to be added, with a release window of Winter.
  • Square Enix: Sizzle reel of the upcoming Square Enix games on Switch. The DioField Chronicle, NieR: Automata, Harvestella, and Tactics Ogre: Reborn.
  • Nintendo Switch Online: GameBoy and GameBoy Color games are added to the base service, and GameBoy Advance is added to the Expansion Pack.
  • Everybody's 1-2-Switch: The stinky game has finally arrived. Releasing October 7th, and will be included in the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack. 1-2-Switch is also being added to the Expansion Pack after the direct.
  • Batman: Arkham Collection: Finally revealed. Releasing November 4th.
  • Sizzle Reel: Quick look at other upcoming Switch games. Most importantly is Advance Wars 1+2: Re-boot Camp, with a new window of 2023.
  • Mario Movie: New trailer. Chris Pratt is so cool.
  • The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Finally get a full trailer, revealing the main gimmick and title. Releasing March 3rd.
Probably some other stuff I forgot you could reasonably fill in/swap out as headlines.

Expanding on my previous quickfire predictions from a while ago. Bold predictions are spotlights, the rest are headlines.

• Metroid Prime HD: Game looks very impressive visually, and now has gyro controls. Releasing December 2nd. Takahashi also confirms that Metroid Prime 2 HD and Metroid Prime 3 HD are in development, with a small teaser for Metroid Prime 2 HD given. We're also reassured that Metroid Prime 4 development is still proceeding smoothly.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass: Only Merry Mountain and 3DS Rainbow Road are shown off. Release window of November for Wave 3 (will ultimately be November 25th).
  • Tunic: Finally revealed for Switch, and will launch on the eShop alongside other consoles on September 20th.
  • Bayonetta 3: New trailer, alongside a confirmation of the current release date.
  • New Fire Emblem: The leaks were real. Game looks decent enough, although initial reactions aren't all that impressive. Releasing February 10th.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Showcases the new hero. Releasing in October.
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League: New characters and content added. Shadowdrop.
  • Sonic Frontiers: More footage shown.
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope: New story trailer.
  • Dragon Quest Treasures: Overview trailer.
  • Nintendo Switch Sports: Golf update is shadowdropped. Baseball is revealed as the next sport to be added, with a release window of Winter.
  • Square Enix: Sizzle reel of the upcoming Square Enix games on Switch. The DioField Chronicle, NieR: Automata, Harvestella, and Tactics Ogre: Reborn.
  • Nintendo Switch Online: GameBoy and GameBoy Color games are added to the base service, and GameBoy Advance is added to the Expansion Pack.
  • Everybody's 1-2-Switch: The stinky game has finally arrived. Releasing October 7th, and will be included in the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack. 1-2-Switch is also being added to the Expansion Pack after the direct.
  • Batman: Arkham Collection: Finally revealed. Releasing November 4th.
  • Sizzle Reel: Quick look at other upcoming Switch games. Most importantly is Advance Wars 1+2: Re-boot Camp, with a new window of 2023.
  • Mario Movie: New trailer. Chris Pratt is so cool.
  • The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Finally get a full trailer, revealing the main gimmick and title. Releasing March 3rd.
Probably some other stuff I forgot you could reasonably fill in/swap out as headlines.
No Mario Party? (Insert that meme here)

I would hope that any post containing the words "Q Games F-Zero" is made entirely in jest

What, you don't want F-Zero: Command, where you use the Switch touchscreen/Joycon gyro pointer to draw the route your ship is gonna take around the track, while you go on enticing stories for all of the 30+ characters in the F-Zero universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom