• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think even if we don't get Zelda, it's still sorta exciting in the sense that it means that the next time we see it in like early 2023 or whatever, it'll be a giant fucking blowout reveal.

I think even if we don't get Zelda, it's still sorta exciting in the sense that it means that the next time we see it in like early 2023 or whatever, it'll be a giant fucking blowout reveal.
I mean the game could be releasing in March/April, that's like 6 months out. It would be incredibly surprising for them to start the marketing next year.

What's weird is I normally find it pretty easy to nail down what week it will be, but I can't decipher it this year. I'm sort of leaning towards it being quite early in September.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't on the 1st tbh. It's not happening during Splatweek and the week after that would be too late for TGS.

Kinda hoping that the Direct is on the week of the 1st, because I have a concert that I’m going to with the family on the 7th. I’d hate to miss the Direct live, but this concert is a once-in-a-lifetime type thing and I need to start living life in the moment

Ranked likelihood of things I want to see, from most to least likely (IMO):

BOTW 2
3D Mario
2D Mario
Pikmin 4
Grezzo Project
Good-Feel Project(s)
Donkey Kong
NST Mario project
Mario & Sonic non-Olympic game

Managed to test my sister’s internet and Mario kart runs online flawlessly for me so I can play Nintendo games online on this for a change

Yes I know my hand issue but I played a round of Mario kart to test it out for sure and it was flawless

I wonder if we will get a late 2023 (or even early 2024 game) announcement for hiring purposes like it happened with Splatoon 3 that got announced more than one year before release and just the same week it got announced Nintendo opened contract positions to work in the title)
I feel like it was September 2018 when they announced Luigi's Mansion 3? That ended up releasing in October 2019. We also had Splatoon 3 announced over a year beforehand, like you said. Something like that could definitely happen again.

I'm wondering though, if the new Fire Emblem and BOTW 2 are set for the first half of 2023, would they feel the need to announce anything further out than that?

:unsure::unsure:

Ignoring the leaks (in motion its another story). The reactions for this game are gonna be interesting. Coming of the popularity of 3 houses, the change in art style (I love Atelier style so bring in more Gust), the gimmick (we dont know if its story crucial or side) should divide people and of course the question that been in everyone's mind since Byleth, will the protag talk.

Every single one of these answers will divide people regardless so I think reaction are gonna be juicy lol.
There's a lot of questions for this FE: Will it have a silent protag or not? Will the monastery/in-between social stuff be back? Will there be marriage, or tea time, etc.? Can I name the MC Toothpaste-Chan???

I think the visuals will be a positive, once we get the cleaned-up and much more current look at the game. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

I wonder if we will get a late 2023 (or even early 2024 game) announcement for hiring purposes like it happened with Splatoon 3 that got announced more than one year before release and just the same week it got announced Nintendo opened contract positions to work in the title)

I don't understand, so games with narrow reveal-to-release windows don't use contractors?

I don't understand, so games with narrow reveal-to-release windows don't use contractors?
No, is more than sometimes games are announced early to attract talent to work on the games and not always they want to hire contractors to work on the game for example in some BOTW2 hiring ads have been for full time positions or offer full time positions once the project is over. Being able to say if you join you will be able to work on Splatoon 3 is more attractive than saying you will be able to work in an unknown 3D action game

I think that Nintendo will avoid doing that if at all possible, and since they already have a shoe-in show finisher if they do a BOTW2 big trailer I don't think they will need to, unless it's for reasons like you mentioned.

There's a lot of questions for this FE: Will it have a silent protag or not? Will the monastery/in-between social stuff be back? Will there be marriage, or tea time, etc.? Can I name the MC Toothpaste-Chan???

I think the visuals will be a positive, once we get the cleaned-up and much more current look at the game. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
YES!! Some people use the name Crest-chan lol.

I am really excited for it. But yeah social stuff is gonna be a big question, thanks to 3 houses/hope expanding it, one would assume it there. IS has been great at improving or expanding systems that are well received.

I don't have any expectations for this Direct, so I think I'll end up being pretty happy with it.
Haha me 2 pretty much.

This Direct better have:
-BOTW2 full reveal right out of the gate to keep us from guessing, has everything in BOTW x3 or completely unacceptable.
-Then Drake reveal, if no reveal it may as well not exist.
-Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid HD trailers both for this holiday.
-Pikmin 4 trailer and the game is dark full of sinister overtones. At this point just show the concept art.
-F-Zero game but it will be disappointing to keep in line with the Syxluxhunter clue idk I can't even remember it really.
-New Mario trailer that makes Avengers Endgame look like the last Mario movie.

/s

Last edited:
No shot they're getting rid of the NSMB brand. I don't get why everyone expects some new artstyle tbh. The current one is fine.
I understand where you're coming from, the NSMB style has been super popular. I think it may look similar but have different branding to differentiate it from NSMBU DX and to get a bit away from the oversaturation and small critical backlash from NSMB2 and NSMBU being released in a short window. Nintendo has been pretty eager to reinvent many of its franchises from their prior gen iterations so I think the next 2D Mario will have a different branding at the least.

Really I just want a Kotabe/Nague-style 2D game. I understand it's unlikely but I still think we'll get it sometime.

I want another NSMB! But make the art style different eras of art and add the quick restart a la Celeste. That would be great. These games are good!

Totally 100% correct predictions I thought of on the toilet

Known stuff/releasing soon
-Splatoon 3: reminder of game coming out if before Direct is before release and/or quick glimpse of the first post-release content
-Bayonetta 3 trailer and/or overview
-Sonic Frontier story trailer
-Persona 5 coming in October reminder
-Very quick overview of Harvestella
-Golf for Nintendo Switch Sports preview

New(ish) Stuff:
-Metroid Prime 1 Remaster Trailer. Coming out December or January
-Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes DLC announcement
-2D Mario
-Gameboy games on NSO. GBA on Expansion Pass
-Breath of the Wild 2 title reveal and release date

Not there:
-Metroid Prime 4
-Rumored DK game
-New Fire Emblem game
-DLCs for Xenoblade 3 or Mario Kart (will done through Twitter announcements)
-Pikmin 4

Like I said, this will be 100% correct because I thought of it while on the toilet. The only way it could be more correct is if I thought of it in the shower. And even more correct if I thought of it while pooping in the shower (But that's reserved for more important thoughts like finding the meaning of life and the cure for cancer).

They're just gonna do the same thing they did for wii sports and wii fit.
Get ready for Switch Mario Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom