• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Partner Showcase isn't very likely IMO. The last one was a LOT bigger than usual and dated games for Autumn.
Unless they have some huge stuff to carry it on its own(like Monster Hunter Rise/Stories 2 did in September 2020), I don't believe in a Partner Showcase either.
It's clearly different from 2020 this time around, back then they did it monthly from July to October, this year we got it in June, nothing in July nor August, I'm very salty they'd skip two months and make another in September.
Also they have a lot of first party stuff to discuss for early 2023, big games that didn't appear in a Direct for this fall and even unannounced 2022 games(MPR).

man, is it time to have fun again? to imagine what we might see? to get excited? I don't know if I'm ready tbh
Of course!

September 2nd, 50 hour Nintendo Direct.

- Direct opens with Koizumi staring at us for the first 10 hours of the Direct. This is not edited footage, this is a live feed. He does not blink, he does not flinch. On the wall behind him, a logo for Super Mario Odyssey 2 will slowly appear over those 10 hours, and when it's over it will be crossed out and instead our next 3D Mario is Mario Teaches Typing 2, coming Fall 2023. Nintendo's most ambitious title yet.

- The next segment is Nintendo listing every single game and product we the fans actually want from them, only to laugh at our faces and say we'll never get them, and that any such products that were in development and afterwards rose in popularity and anticipation were immediately cancelled by Miyamoto, Takahashi and Furukawa beating the hard drives containing the files of those games kaput.

- When that is done, Miyamoto chugs an entire 5 gallon jar of orange juice and announces Kirby is henceforth orange. All games will retroactively be updated to make Kirby and his transformations orange, and games from a time long before game updates were a thing will be recalled (whether you like it or not) to destroy them so pink Kirby is no more.

- Afterwards, Nintendo announces the release date for the golf update for Nintendo Switch Sports but proceeds to show gameplay of a badminton match between Takahashi and Koizumi again. This takes up about 25 hours of the Direct because those two just won't miss a shot.

- After cancelling the Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Miyamoto announces it's resources have instead been used to build Star Fox 64 4, a sequel to Star Fox Zero.

- Eiji Aonuma comes on screen to announce that while we won't get BOTW2 anymore, they instead acquired the rights to Pong and have decided to make a new game, albeit with the same graphics.

- The Direct closes with the announcement that Metroid Prime HD and 4 have been cancelled as well, and both games have been turned into coloring books, available the next day.

Of course!

- Direct opens with Koizumi staring at us for the first 10 hours of the Direct. This is not edited footage, this is a live feed. He does not blink, he does not flinch. On the wall behind him, a logo for Super Mario Odyssey 2 will slowly appear over those 10 hours, and when it's over it will be crossed out and instead our next 3D Mario is Mario Teaches Typing 2, coming Fall 2023. Nintendo's most ambitious title yet.

- The next segment is Nintendo listing every single game and product we the fans actually want from them, only to laugh at our faces and say we'll never get them, and that any such products that were in development and afterwards rose in popularity and anticipation were immediately cancelled by Miyamoto, Takahashi and Furukawa beating the hard drives containing the files of those games kaput.

- When that is done, Miyamoto chugs an entire 5 gallon jar of orange juice and announces Kirby is henceforth orange. All games will retroactively be updated to make Kirby and his transformations orange, and games from a time long before game updates were a thing will be recalled (whether you like it or not) to destroy them so pink Kirby is no more.

- Afterwards, Nintendo announces the release date for the golf update for Nintendo Switch Sports but proceeds to show gameplay of a badminton match between Takahashi and Koizumi again. This takes up about 25 hours of the Direct because those two just won't miss a shot.

- After cancelling the Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Miyamoto announces it's resources have instead been used to build Star Fox 64 4, a sequel to Star Fox Zero.

- Eiji Aonuma comes on screen to announce that while we won't get BOTW2 anymore, they instead acquired the rights to Pong and have decided to make a new game, albeit with the same graphics.

- The Direct closes with the announcement that Metroid Prime HD and 4 have been cancelled as well, and both games have been turned into coloring books, available the next day.
I wrote this in about 5 minutes just typing what came into my mind

I don't want it to happen, but I can see Nintendo thinking a Partners Showcase with Fire Emblem 18 as the main reveal would be enough for a September Direct.

So much potential for this September Direct, I don't think I'll survive the fall if it's a partner showcase. Must keep hype low until an official announcement to survive.

Of course!

This is a god tier, especially 25 hour match between Koizumi and Takahashi.

I don't want it to happen, but I can see Nintendo thinking a Partners Showcase with Fire Emblem 18 as the main reveal would be enough for a September Direct.
I mean in theory this would already make it a general Direct depending how you define first party.
But then you have the Switch Sports Update, that Metroid Prime Remake game and the reveal trailer for BOTW2 (We still don't know the name and release date) and maybe another january/february game and I see no point why not featuring so much stuff in a direct. Outside of a few exceptions like Origami King, Ring Fit or Labo they reveal almost all new games in directs.
But even when there is no first party direct, Nintendo seem to need to share so many updates, we would still get a lot of announcements until the end of the year.

Nintendo has to reveal all the games coming out this year or mainly next year in the September Direct! Everything else has been dated and had a planned release, minus Zelda (which is subject to change)! They have to keep people interest with more games coming.

Predicting a Direct in September isn't exactly a hot take. It's almost expected.

We COULD be surprised and there isn't or it's a Mini again, but chances of a Direct in September are indeed high.

What I want to know tho is if BOTW2 will be there.

I don’t see Nintendo doing a direct in September as Apple has it’s showcase for new hardware in September 7 and TGS22 is September 16.

I’m thinking they will do one at the end of September or beginning of October

I think Nintendo will not care what Apple is doing.

Predicting a Direct in September isn't exactly a hot take. It's almost expected.

We COULD be surprised and there isn't or it's a Mini again, but chances of a Direct in September are indeed high.

Exactly I think 90% of people here could easily predict that due to previous years of Directs in September.

I don’t see Nintendo doing a direct in September as Apple has it’s showcase for new hardware in September 7 and TGS22 is September 16.

Nintendo has done Directs close to an Apple Showcase before. The Direct will be in September and most likely before TGS unless there's a problem with scheduling.

well shit, September is basically a lock then

would be funny to get another Partner Showcase
I just think it's funny how-

Did somebody say portals?

Fami...assemble?
Now you're thinking with portals!

avengers-endgame-portals.gif

J. Jonah Jameson is just Cave Johnson's hidden identity after Aperture Science went bankrupt, change my mind

I think it's clear at this point that Nate doesn't troll for views. If he said he heard about something happening, I trust something is happening

I think it's clear at this point that Nate doesn't troll for views. If he said he heard about something happening, I trust something is happening

Oh I wasn't saying Nate said he heard something for views. I'm just saying that if a Direct is going to happen soon, it's gonna be in September before TGS, like it usually does. But again, we don't know what could happen. But I believe Nate, too.

Oh I wasn't saying Nate said he heard something for views. I'm just saying that if a Direct is going to happen soon, it's gonna be in September before TGS, like it usually does. But again, we don't know what could happen. But I believe Nate, too.
oh yeah, this isn't earth-shattering or anything. it's just comforting

Nate saying just september, but not the specific time make me think if the direct won't be later than usual.
I don't expect direct at Splatoon 3 week, so I was expecting september 1st, but sometimes I think that Nintendo maybe will do just after Splatoon 3 release and maybe the direct will be during TGS week?

Despite my initial disappointment in June, I understand that in the absence of E3, Nintendo didn’t feel obligated to put together a General Direct. Their A-tier Partner Showcase and their first-party announcements on Twitter this summer served them well.

I don’t think we’ll see another Partner Showcase happening in September, though. Just look at their official first-party release schedule: https://www.nintendo.com/sg/schedule/

Past September, there’s Bayonetta 3, Pokémon S/V and… BotW2 in spring of 2023. Unless they completely rethink how they announce significant first-party titles from now on, I don’t see a Direct in September being something else than a General.

I can't wait for the Nintendo Direct Partner Showacase focused on japanese titles before TGS, the Bayonetta 3 Direct at the end of the month and the Zelda BotW2 title reveal + release date announcement YouTube trailer in the middle of the month!

Nintendo and Apple always have events in the same month. Every year. There was an Apple event last September. There was a direct last September. Apple has been doing September events for years now along with WWDC in June for, what, 2 decades?

It's not a prediction. It's what is happening.
I'll assume its a general, and it most likely is, but even on the off chance it isn't, I'm curious if Nintendo would do another Partner in September.

Either way, Nintendo's fall/Winter lineup is stacked as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom