• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have tomorrow monster hunter
Wednesday splatoon 3 direct
The only things left for the summer are kirby and indie world

30 minutes??
images

Maybe we have something like this in august:

Week 1 - Pokémon Presents (pre order start 8/4 in Japan)
Week 2 - Splatoon direct (1 month before release)
Week 3 - Indie World?
Week 4 - Nothing or maybe Kirby Dream Buffet shadowdrop release (Gamescom week)

I would like to have Pokémon news this month, but I think that maybe it will happen 1 day before pre order starts, like Pokémon BDSP and Legends.
2/3

Now we need an Indie World next week and I'm a better leaker than Samus Hunter.

So now we have the Splatoon 3 Direct out of the Way, can we start speculate for the Fall Direct.
Week of 9/12 or 9/19 is pretty much guaranteed. That's 1-2 weeks after Splatoon 3 drops and TGS is 9/15 - 9/18.

9/1 is also a possibility I guess but that breaks the "rule" of not doing a Direct with a major tentpole game imminent.

Now that the Splatoon DIrect will be out of the way, I would love a Indie World with, somewhat, one or two games that we are not expecting to come to the Switch (even though they are indies).

It just dawned on me that metroid prime 4 was announced 5 years ago. I get it was rebooted, but its kinda crazy they dont have anything to show for it even 3 years after the reboot was announced. I hope that the next time nintendo announces this game, they announce it with a release date. I think they definitely learned a lesson from this about announcing games too early. Zelda not withstanding.

It just dawned on me that metroid prime 4 was announced 5 years ago. I get it was rebooted, but its kinda crazy they dont have anything to show for it even 3 years after the reboot was announced. I hope that the next time nintendo announces this game, they announce it with a release date. I think they definitely learned a lesson from this about announcing games too early. Zelda not withstanding.
Prime 4 may have ended up being announced too early in terms of suffering a major reboot (though it was important it was announced when it was to start healing the damage from Other M and Federation Force and ensure people would be happier with Samus Returns), but having a healthy amount of long term prospect games is great. It tells people a platform is here to stay and has a bright future. They are typically the most fun games to dream about and discuss too when anything is possible with them.

Much, much bigger focus on single player would do it for me but I don't see that being all that likely.
yeah, especially since it would be to the detriment of the main draw of the game

primarily single player splatoon is not happening

honestly probably not

I'm not expecting anything audience expanding in splatoon 3. it'll just be splatoon 2 but better
Strong disagree here. 30 minutes to me tells me they have substantial additions here that warrant explanation. It’s not lets go over some balance changes from Splatoon 2 and the small, but profound tweaks we’ve seen so far. I believe the Splatoon team will raise the bar again like they did in the original, in Splatoon 2, and in the Octo Expansion. Very excited for this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom