• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely go out now and buy a Watermelon. That is an order.
agxxAgj.gif

He had tweeted about a new Switch model being revealed shortly before Splatoon Oled but I'm guessing that was after the info had already come out here.
Depends how shortly before, because it was shared here like 6 hours before it was announced thanks to our Chinese muncle.

Redout 2 also released yesterday (in Europe at least) so I have no idea how you all managed to jump to that conclusion

the Nintendoland concept has so much potential even without the Wii U Gamepad, I wish it was a Smash Bros./Mario Kart type deal and we got one for every console. Just a huge celebration of Nintendo franchises and characters

the Nintendoland concept has so much potential even without the Wii U Gamepad, I wish it was a Smash Bros./Mario Kart type deal and we got one for every console. Just a huge celebration of Nintendo franchises and characters
I'd love it to lean into Nintendo obscurities

give me an N&B block minigame

If only they'd been able to somehow reach 60fps on Switch for Redout 2, but nope... They're kind of doing false advertising with this trailer.
Now I'm not really surprised considering the first one was also 30fps on Switch, but that seals the deal for me.
I know it's available on other platforms but you know that feel; it's not the same, and I want everything on Switch as long as ports are great.
We really need that Switch Succ soon.

I'd love it to lean into Nintendo obscurities

give me an N&B block minigame
When Amiibos were announced I was actually hoping for something similar to Nintendo Land lol Obviously just having the game with all the content, not having to buy dozens of figures just to play, is better, but.....
Smash is a great celebration of gaming, obviously including many many Nintendo IP, but it's not the same as a huge Park/Land that just has things to discover in so many different modes/minigames. Put secrets everywhere, have single- and multiplayer games across different genres, hell have the characters from different IP interact with each other in small dialogues. Sooooo much potential to make what coul be THE game for Nintendo superfans

I'd be all over a new Star Fox

if it were good it'd solidify the Switch library as Nintendo's best for me

Gasp!!
That center top one is worrying me 😅
Looks like a raccoon chestburster
Or whatever those little dudes in Alien are called
Haha, that's it, haha! :ROFLMAO: That's the best guess I can see for that one too, haha, and the left center one is like, "Why the hell did you type THAT in?!":ROFLMAO:

The NSA guys monitoring this thread and seeing all the mentions of naked raccoons:

johnny-bravo-sickened-but-curious.gif
Hahaha! :ROFLMAO:

Nevermind I'm ruined, I've been exposed by SyluxHunter

deletes account
Haha! :ROFLMAO: Do the leaker thing and course correct! "I stand by what I said, but the timing is wrong! I don't know what happened!"

-goes to sleep
-wakes up in morning
-checks famiboard first thing before life responsibilities
-goes to latest page to avoid having to read everything
-sees people mentioning raccoon nudes at top of page
huh

Wait, now Star Fox is a possibility? Since when?

If it is, then that would mean F-Zero, Star Fox, and Mario Kart leaks/rumors all popping up in the past 24 hours. Wild.

...what do they know...? Someone slip them some back bacon and let's solve this thing!

When Amiibos were announced I was actually hoping for something similar to Nintendo Land lol Obviously just having the game with all the content, not having to buy dozens of figures just to play, is better, but.....
Smash is a great celebration of gaming, obviously including many many Nintendo IP, but it's not the same as a huge Park/Land that just has things to discover in so many different modes/minigames. Put secrets everywhere, have single- and multiplayer games across different genres, hell have the characters from different IP interact with each other in small dialogues. Sooooo much potential to make what coul be THE game for Nintendo superfans
You know, you're really right! As much as they talk about their IPs and highlighting them, they really ought to lean into this stuff heavily! Another Nintendo Land would actually be really cool the way you're talking about it!

Nice!

Wait, now Star Fox is a possibility? Since when?

If it is, then that would mean F-Zero, Star Fox, and Mario Kart leaks/rumors all popping up in the past 24 hours. Wild.
Back to the fundamentals.

To be honest, Nintendo doesn't seem to like having more than one entry in a multiplayer franchise on the same console (Splatoon 3 being the sole exception AFAIK) so it makes sense that they might start reaching for less popular franchises to work on now that the main heavy hitters like Kart, AC, and Smash are all out.

And as we know Switch support isn't going anywhere for at least another 5 years.

Back to the fundamentals.

To be honest, Nintendo doesn't seem to like having more than one entry in a multiplayer franchise on the same console (Splatoon 3 being the sole exception AFAIK) so it makes sense that they might start reaching for less popular franchises to work on now that the main heavy hitters like Kart, AC, and Smash are all out.

And as we know Switch support isn't going anywhere for at least another 5 years.
I think Mario Party would count as another exception right? But I think your point still stands, especially with the two games on Switch being one new one and one Reshuffling (new term, use it, thank me later).

I think Mario Party would count as another exception right? But I think your point still stands, especially with the two games on Switch being one new one and one Reshuffling (new term, use it, thank me later).
Mario Party has always been an exception to that, it used to get even more entries per console

I need more creative, weird Spin Offs that they actually believe in and don't just seemingly throw on the eshop to make a couple bucks, even if those games can come out good as well (Kirby... 😔 )

I always wanted a Star Fox when you do the missions and after go explore and talk with the members like a Normandy in Mass Effect. The more you talk and do side quests for them the more they help in battle. Heck, if you really want to sell Star Fox nowdays, put romance and whatevar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom