• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylux mentioned to temper our expectations "a little", not completely, so it should still be great news and not only an F-Zero track in MK8D imo
More than that why should someone hype F-Zero up for that? People will be more happy not knowing it instead of this

F-Zero track in Booster Pass? Hype.
F-Zero by Shinen with EPD supervision? Hype.
F-Zero X frame rate fix? Hype.
F-Zero anything is welcome at this point, just to know that Nintendo still cares somewhat.

okay "Samus95"
What the point? I meant that if the F-Zero is just track on MK, why should someone hyped up for then let people disappointed because is not actually a new/indie/remaster/spin off of F -Zero

I mean would not hype Metroid and than is a MK race instead of product of the actual IP

What the point? I meant that if the F-Zero is just track on MK, why should someone hyped up for then let people disappointed because is not actually a new/indie/remaster/spin off of F -Zero

I mean would not hype Metroid and than is a MK race instead of product of the actual IP
you should know better than anyone: sylux is evil

There's already two F-Zero tracks in MK8, so teasing a 3rd one that most likely going to be made with Tour in mind is kinda lame,

I don't think sylux actually expected anyone to get it

edit: why else would he immediately start saying to lower expectations? this was supposed to be a wink nudge thing after the tracks are announced, not hype for an actual F-ZERO game

They clearly said "Remastered Courses from the Mariokart Series are coming!" in the direct and on the Nintendo UK website yo can read this:
Race on 48 remastered courses from across the Mario Kart series with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass!
If the leaked list is true, maybe they didn‘t recognized the track, I don‘t know. I feel like we are wildly connecting stuff that barley pass even as rumor. I guess hopefully in a few hours we‘ll see.

It's crazy what can few months without General Direct do with people, like F-Zero game? Cmon
seriously, people have to remember the golden rule of Nintendo:

Nothing Cool Ever Happens.

No Switch Pro. No F-ZERO. No Virtual Console. No good online. No Pikmin. No price cuts. No Odyssey 2. Not even a June Direct.

If you think it would be cool for something unlikely to happen then it's 100% never happening.

No Switch Pro. No F-ZERO. No Virtual Console. No good online. No Pikmin. No price cuts. No Odyssey 2. Not even a June Direct.

If you think it would be cool for something unlikely to happen then it's 100% never happening.
tbh Splatoon 3 happened and that was unlikely this gen, so this pattern is trash.

I don't think sylux actually expected anyone to get it

edit: why else would he immediately start saying to lower expectations? this was supposed to be a wink nudge thing after the tracks are announced, not hype for an actual F-ZERO game
Because when people decipher it to be F-Zero, the context wasn't provided to tie it to Mario Kart, so people will start thinking it's a new release.

They remade and LOCALIZED Famicom Detective Club 1 & 2, if that isn't cool then nothing ever is.

Because when people decipher it to be F-Zero, the context wasn't provided to tie it to Mario Kart, so people will start thinking it's a new release.
Also he said to "Manage expectation A LITTLE" form people hoping in to a new f-Zero and a course on MK is much Much more than little

you got boost power
you got booster pass

I'm telling you, this was supposed to be a funny joke for hindsight

Liam said in his podcast that he has heard that there are unannounced games like F-Zero and Starfox. Even without that, I don’t think it is impossible that we‘ll see those series coming back in some form sooner than later.

but Splatoon 3 is notably pretty uncool. it's another iteration of Splatoon without any surprises.

"Nothing Cool Ever Happens" doesn't mean nothing good ever happens
You can't speak since you are fake Splatoon fan and we have not seen everything from 3. Go home.

You can't speak since you are fake Splatoon fan and we have not seen everything from 3. Go home.
Splatoon 3 is gonna be incredible but it isn't "cool" the way a new F-ZERO, Wave Race, or even Star Fox is

it's another sequel to a pillar franchise

Kirby Forgotten Land was pretty cool though
thatwasdifferent.gif

They remade and LOCALIZED Famicom Detective Club 1 & 2, if that isn't cool then nothing ever is.
thatwasdifferent.gif

but Splatoon 3 is notably pretty uncool. it's another iteration of Splatoon without any surprises.

"Nothing Cool Ever Happens" doesn't mean nothing good ever happens
If Splatoon 3 has a storymode that is as good as the Octo Expansion that would be really cool. So hopefully your theory can be broken.

Also he said to "Manage expectation A LITTLE" form people hoping in to a new f-Zero and a course on MK is much Much more than little
Well, short of an actual new game, so is everything other than maybe a GX port. But I still think MK is likelier.

you got boost power
you got booster pass

I'm telling you, this was supposed to be a funny joke for hindsight
Perhaps, but that's not really how it's played out so far.

Splatoon 3 is gonna be incredible but it isn't "cool" the way a new F-ZERO, Wave Race, or even Star Fox is

it's another sequel to a pillar franchise
Yes, these would have been cool but it's like people want these so much, or it looks like it and then when it releases it will not even hit 3 mil mark. And people will just move on and want to see sequel of established franchises. Also Star Fox when?

Yes, these would have been cool but it's like people want these so much, or it looks like it and then when it releases it will not even hit 3 mil mark. And people will just move on and want to see sequel of established franchises. Also Star Fox when?
see now you're starting to understand why Nothing Cool Ever Happens

sure but that isn't cool because it's already happened
No it hasn‘t. One was a separate expansion and the other would be directly in the game. I don‘t want to wait again a year for the story to be cool in a Splatoon game. This time I want it in the base game.

I am about to destoy Raccoon's pattern and end this man's whole career.

Nintendo LABO - cool
Everybody's 1-2 Switch - will be cool
Game Builder Garage - cool
Switch Sports - cool
Mario Strikers - (i know it is a sequel to existing franchise) but seeing that after so many years was cool
Ring Fit - pretty damn cool
Arms - way too cool
the list goes on and on and on
also here is your reminder that Mario Kart Tour is total bullshit and should have been taken from this earth

No it hasn‘t. One was a separate expansion and the other would be directly in the game. I don‘t want to wait again a year for the story to be cool in a Splatoon game. This time I want it in the base game.
you see the difference though, right? the Splatoon 3 campaign living up to the expansion is an expectation. it being in would be good, but not really "cool"

Liam said in his podcast that he has heard that there are unannounced games like F-Zero and Starfox. Even without that, I don’t think it is impossible that we‘ll see those series coming back in some form sooner than later.

Where/when did he say this?

Less than 2 hours until we eat bread.
7j4mkxuoiy691.jpg

Nobody else thinks Nate coming in randomly posting only about music and nothing else means a new Wii Music is being announced today?

Just me?

Alrighty then.

This is actually true. When was the last time something cool happened?

Metroid Dread doesn't count. Neither does Xenoblade 3 being moved up. Nor Live A Live getting a western localization Via HD-2D nor Persona 5 Royal being announced

IIRC Emily said in like 2018 that she heard about Star Fox prototypes, was not sure if they will ever make it to a normal game

It's been officially stated that Nintendo does indeed prototype Star Fox whenever they make a new system, yes.

"I work very closely with the programmer of Star Fox 64. Basically, every time we get new hardware, we do a Star Fox prototype," Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto told Game Informer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom