• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
w9BMsUS.gif
Trogdor the burninator

Isn't tomorrow just going to be LiveALive reviews? That's what I was expecting at least.
Reviews should be tomorrow. They regularly have reviews on the Wednesday prior.

I’m very skeptical we’ll get more beyond that, but they have doubled up news at times.

it was!! I had it on CD lol

Man. Eiffel 65, tatu, chemical brothers, it was an Era Of My Life™ for sure...
Yessss
That era for me was Eiffel 65, Jamiroquai, Chumbawamba, a whollle lotta Al Yankovic, and a bunch of MIDIs from indie artists I found on webrings before widespread MP3 circulation. That was all before I discovered jpop and everything changed.

Yessss
That era for me was Eiffel 65, Jamiroquai, Chumbawamba, a whollle lotta Al Yankovic, and a bunch of MIDIs from indie artists I found on webrings before widespread MP3 circulation. That was all before I discovered jpop and everything changed.
Drip drip drip... goes the water (i had that cd too)

Gotta say daft punk's discovery and linkin park's hybrid theory were my favorite cds tho.

Wait wait wait

things are happening? At this time of day, in this part of the Internet, in this particular board, localised entirely within this thread?
The short version on the Mario Kart tracks, and why I’ve always been extra hyped for Wave 2, there was datamining after Wave 1 dropped which yielded prefixes of where the tracks would be pulled from per cup. So Turnip Cup for example was listed as: Tour, SNES, N64, and DS for example. The most interesting thing about the spread was that some tracks didn’t have a platform listed which the community has been referring to as ??? tracks.

Here’s the leaked tracks for Wave 2:

Turnip Cup
Tour: New York Minute
SNES: Mario Circuit 3
N64: Kalamari Desert
DS: Waluigi Pinball

Propellor Cup
Tour: Sydney Sprint
GBA: Rainbow Road
Wii: Mushroom Gorge
???

The ??? track still hasn’t been confirmed yet, but otherwise this leaked line up matches the platform leak spread. So what are the ??? tracks exactly? All new tracks, remixes, or just then unassigned?

The interesting thing to consider is Ninja Hideaway in Wave 1 was not listed as a Tour track and I’ve felt since this info came out that was intentional. If you aren’t a real world city track, you aren’t getting a label. There are 7 ??? tracks…one is probably Merry Mountain, but otherwise I think we are staring down the hype timeline where we get mostly new tracks for the rest.

Enter this F-Zero rumor and lower your expectations…I think we are getting an F-Zero track for track 8 of this wave.
Waluigi Pinball and Kalamari Desert being added has made my day. New F Zero track could be neat, I guess; Big Blue and Mute City already Kartified. Sand Ocean? Port Town?

Wait wait wait

things are happening? At this time of day, in this part of the Internet, in this particular board, localised entirely within this thread?

Waluigi Pinball and Kalamari Desert being added has made my day. New F Zero track could be neat, I guess; Big Blue and Mute City already Kartified. Sand Ocean? Port Town?
I’m hopeful we’ll get a tube track from F-Zero X and GX. Like Fire Field from F-Zero GX or a track inspired from it (like the unique Mute City and Big Blue we have in Mario Kart 8) would be awesome with Mario Kart anti-gravity.

If we don't get a Mario Kart announcement tomorrow imma keep waiting excitedly for Xenoblade Three

An extra F Zero Kart track has further implications: what if we get new crossover tracks, too?
Yeah! I’ve been feeling people have been snoozing on Mario Kart speculation when this chance has always been here since the Wave 1 datamine. They could remake tracks from Diddy Kong Racing or Kirby’s Air Ride for example or have new crossover tracks entirely in general like a Splatoon track or a Metroid track. Really excited how these pan out. Wave 6 in particular has three(!) ??? tracks.

Yeah! I’ve been feeling people have been snoozing on Mario Kart speculation when this chance has always been here since the Wave 1 datamine. They could remake tracks from Diddy Kong Racing or Kirby’s Air Ride for example or have new crossover tracks entirely in general like a Splatoon track or a Metroid track. Really excited how these pan out. Wave 6 in particular has three(!) ??? tracks.
Nintendo saving the crazy stuff for the end. I'd love to see Switch era games represented; New Donk City track; Burenia from Dread; and definitely a Splatoon track.

Or something from Forgotten Land. The theme park, maybe (though there's two theme park tracks in 8 DX already).

Nintendo saving the crazy stuff for the end. I'd love to see Switch era games represented; New Donk City track; Burenia from Dread; and definitely a Splatoon track.

Or something from Forgotten Land. The theme park, maybe (though there's two theme park tracks in 8 DX already).
Yo! Wondaria iirc would be awesome! Totally down for a New Donk City track too!

What about...

The Bionis
Gaur Plains with a Mario Kart jazzy version of You Will Know Our Names would be incredible (or maybe laps 1 and 2 are Gaur Plains and lap 3 is You Will Know Our Names??). I always wanted Shulk added as a racer so he could say “I’m really feeling it!” every time he did a trick lol.

What about...

The Bionis
Only if the race is a one way race, first section starts at Colony 9, you race up through the cave, across the open plains, and into the marshes; the second section is Sword Valley; and the race ends as you ascend through the Mechonis and arrive in the Imperial Capital. Imperfect, because we skip locations to make it work...

Only if the race is a one way race, first section starts at Colony 9, you race up through the cave, across the open plains, and into the marshes; the second section is Sword Valley; and the race ends as you ascend through the Mechonis and arrive in the Imperial Capital. Imperfect, because we skip locations to make it work...
This is kinda what I was picturing, like a whole tour

They should just make it a 30 minute endurance track. No skips!

Well since there’s no more tracks of F-Zero for Mario Kart then this isn’t Mario Kart related. And we know it’s not NSO related.

This brings us back to being most likely a port of an old game or maybe something smaller?

Mobile game would be so fking unaware by Nintendo. They know fans want F-Zero on Switch. They won’t make a mobile game
Naw that's the perfect Nintendo Monkey's Paw situation. They completely misread the room with some franchises.

Will they take Paper Mario Bowser’s Castle out of GBA Rainbow Road?

The Mario Quality Control Team™ needs something to do after all!

Where does the F-Zero speculation come from? Hopes and dreams or legit infos?
Syluxhunter's hint was in binary that translated to 25 7 2 16 which corresponds to Y G B P in the alphabet which stands for You Got Boost Power, which is from F-Zero, which Syluxhunter confirmed as what the hint was for.

Whether it's actually a new F-Zero (unlikely) or just F-Zero content in something else (a safer bet) remains to be seen.

Where does the F-Zero speculation come from? Hopes and dreams or legit infos?
It’s speculation based off a combination of the Sylux F-Zero tease (his You Got Boost Power code and lower your expectations) together with separate seeming confirmation that the Wave 1 datamine of unlisted Mario Kart BCP tracks (the ??? tracks) are original tracks of some sort. (see the Mario Kart 8 BCP pass thread)

No one has definitively said what the eighth track is yet other than it isn’t directly pulled from a prior Mario Kart. Only the first seven have fully leaked.

Gonna call my shot, it's a small collection (3 or so games) of GC games that they think people would probably want but they didn't want to put the work in to do more than just make it run on the Switch

I don’t need much. I’ll be content with F-Zero GX HD.

If it turns out to be an F-Zero themed Mario Kart course or a mobile game I’ll be a sad ultimate chimera.

Damn, Mario Kart sounding kinda hype

Also, I played a few hours of Octo Expansion tonight and cleared 35 levels and got 2 thangs. This game doesn't fuck around and I'm here for it. Hopefully I can 100% it so I can face off against that spectacular boss I keep hearing about.

Live A Live reviews tomorrow should be interesting. The reviews will determine whether I keep my preorder or just focus on Xenoblade later this month. As long as the game is in the high 70s or low 80s, I'll probably buy it just to support the devs, but I just don't know how much bandwidth I have for two back to back RPGs.

Syluxhunter's hint was in binary that translated to 25 7 2 16 which corresponds to Y G B P in the alphabet which stands for You Got Boost Power, which is from F-Zero, which Syluxhunter confirmed as what the hint was for.

Whether it's actually a new F-Zero (unlikely) or just F-Zero content in something else (a safer bet) remains to be seen.
It’s speculation based off a combination of the Sylux F-Zero tease (his You Got Boost Power code and lower your expectations) together with separate seeming confirmation that the Wave 1 datamine of unlisted Mario Kart BCP tracks (the ??? tracks) are original tracks of some sort. (see the Mario Kart 8 BCP pass thread)

No one has definitively said what the eighth track is yet other than it isn’t directly pulled from a prior Mario Kart. Only the first seven have fully leaked.
thank you!

Damn, Mario Kart sounding kinda hype

Also, I played a few hours of Octo Expansion tonight and cleared 35 levels and got 2 thangs. This game doesn't fuck around and I'm here for it. Hopefully I can 100% it so I can face off against that spectacular boss I keep hearing about.

Live A Live reviews tomorrow should be interesting. The reviews will determine whether I keep my preorder or just focus on Xenoblade later this month. As long as the game is in the high 70s or low 80s, I'll probably buy it just to support the devs, but I just don't know how much bandwidth I have for two back to back RPGs.
I don’t know how the whole game will turn out, but definitely try out the demo specifically with the complex Twilight of Edo Japan chapter. If nothing else, I’m really excited to finish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom