• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's 100% not going to be anything today, simply because that's how Nintendo operates lol
Wasn't there something every day between Tuesday and Thursday last week? With people saying they're going to do a lot of twitter drops this month it would make sense to see something today too...

I THINK F-ZERO TRACKS FOR MARIO KART DLC IS THE IDEA.

A F-ZERO GX REMASTER WILL BE ALMOST AS EQUALLY CELEBRATED THEN A NEW F-ZERO GAME.

F-ZERO DOESNT HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR SETS OF EXPECTATIONS LOL. EITHER A STAND-ALONE GAME OR SOMETHING TINY
exactly. "lowering expectations" must mean it's a complete joke, because any standalone game would have people cheering

seriously, people have to remember the golden rule of Nintendo:

Nothing Cool Ever Happens.

No Switch Pro. No F-ZERO. No Virtual Console. No good online. No Pikmin. No price cuts. No Odyssey 2. Not even a June Direct.

If you think it would be cool for something unlikely to happen then it's 100% never happening.

Cool things that have happened recently:

-A new 2D Metroid is release and it's Metroid Dread, the long awaited sequel to Fusion that was canceled nearly 20 years ago
-Pokemon Legends upends the Pokemon formula with a open world style of gameplay and a setting in the past
-Kirby gets his first 3D platformer adventure
-Xenoblade 3 is announced and has its release date moved up
-Live A Live is finally release outside of Japan in the form of an HD-2D remake
-Nintendo brought back the Sports series and Mario Strikers after more than a decade
-Fire Emblem Three Houses gets a Warriors-style spinoff
-Mario Kart 8 gets a ton of new of new courses and it's all included with the NSO Expansion Pass
-A new generation of Pokemon was announced and they look to continue and expand on the formula that made Legends so great
-The Persona games and Nier Automata are finally coming to the Switch
-Desired remasters like Chrono Cross, Klonoa, and Pac-Man World are announced
-BOTW 2 got delayed but we got a better look at Link and they made him even hotter
-Bayonetta 3 finally got a release date and it looks to be a multi-verse adventure

I THINK F-ZERO TRACKS FOR MARIO KART DLC IS THE IDEA.

A F-ZERO GX REMASTER WILL BE ALMOST AS EQUALLY CELEBRATED THEN A NEW F-ZERO GAME.

F-ZERO DOESNT HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR SETS OF EXPECTATIONS LOL. EITHER A STAND-ALONE GAME OR SOMETHING TINY

439ae602e839586d9fb4fd6ba9712502.gif

Cool things that have happened recently:

-A new 2D Metroid is release and it's Metroid Dread, the long awaited sequel to Fusion that was canceled nearly 20 years ago
-Pokemon Legends upends the Pokemon formula with a open world style of gameplay and a setting in the past
-Kirby gets his first 3D platformer adventure
-Xenoblade 3 is announced and has its release date moved up
-Live A Live is finally release outside of Japan in the form of an HD-2D remake
-Nintendo brought back the Sports series and Mario Strikers after more than a decade
-Fire Emblem Three Houses gets a Warriors-style spinoff
-Mario Kart 8 gets a ton of new of new courses and it's all included with the NSO Expansion Pass
-A new generation of Pokemon was announced and they look to continue and expand on the formula that made Legends so great
-The Persona games and Nier Automata are finally coming to the Switch
-Desired remasters like Chrono Cross, Klonoa, and Pac-Man World are announced
-BOTW 2 got delayed but we got a better look at Link and they made him even hotter
-Bayonetta 3 finally got a release date and it looks to be a multi-verse adventure

But Raccoon is right, nothing cool ever happens.
The list you posted, the things on it didn't happen. They're all man-made choices and effort, it didn't happen. It's not something that occurs. They're all deliberate decisions with intensive labour that took time and money.
So Racoon is right.

The list you posted, the things on it didn't happen. They're all man-made choices and effort, it didn't happen. It's not something that occurs. They're all deliberate decisions with intensive labour that took time and money.
So Racoon is right.
exactly. who would choose to bring back f-zero?

Y’know part of me feels like they could announce an announcement date and time for the MK8 DLC today, idk why maybe they wanna build up hype for it like that, it was probably supposed to be in a Direct after all

A lot of my coworkers work in CAD and on engineering plans, all the letters need to be capitalized. But when I'm messaging over google chat they often FORGET TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK SO IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE YELLING AT ME.

Considering how Nintendo handles F-Zero (or more appropriately, refuses to handle it), I am expecting a Nintendoland remake.
OOOOOOH

Nintendoland has some of the best official F-ZERO music imo

edit: I actually really don't care for those strings lol

A lot of my coworkers work in CAD and on engineering plans, all the letters need to be capitalized. But when I'm messaging over google chat they often FORGET TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK SO IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE YELLING AT ME.
Haha i work in engineering and this happens all the time. During deadlines i cant be bothered switching my caps lock on and off

So Racoon is right.
exactly. who would choose to bring back f-zero?
Ya'll getting philosophical, haha! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, Metroid Dread's release alone fills up Nintendo's Cool Quotum up until BotW2 releases in 2024.

everyone listen to the wonderful work of Kazumi Totaka

Borrowed the soundtrack CD from a friend of mine back in the day (around release). Listening to it now, it's one of the better sounding N64 OSTs from a MIDI programming standpoint. The Mario World approach of having a single main theme and streeeeeeetching it out over the entire soundtrack doesn't do it for me though :p .

Seriously, Metroid Dread's release alone fills up Nintendo's Cool Quotum up until BotW2 releases in 2024.

Borrowed the soundtrack CD from a friend of mine back in the day (around release). Listening to it now, it's one of the better sounding N64 OSTs from a MIDI programming standpoint. The Mario World approach of having a single main theme and streeeeeeetching it out over the entire soundtrack doesn't do it for me though :p .
I strongly disagree. One of the best Nintendo OSTs, ARMS, only has one melody. Undertale, another great OST, makes great use of motifs as well.

Well now I want Burger King. Are you happy? I'm ordering BK for lunch. Like an animal.
disgusting

burger king is a meal you get to "enjoy" for way longer than it takes to eat it. you're gonna be tasting that burger for the rest of the day as you burp it up

I strongly disagree. One of the best Nintendo OSTs, ARMS, only has one melody. Undertale, another great OST, makes great use of motifs as well.
Motifs are great, if used plurally :p . Undertale for example has a lot of distinct motifs, especially considering it's running time. Yoshi's Story and Mario World only have a single main motif.

Hey, as i'm living in your head rent-free i wanted to ask ... does it have air conditioning?

;]
If it did, I should have gone and lived there for the past two days! Nice and cool today in the UK luckily.

Anyway, what's going on? They bringing back that F-Zero anime or something?

Haha! :ROFLMAO:

I miss the days when games just had one song the ENTIRE game:

Like an insurance policy to make sure the song is stuck in your head forever. I still hear this all these years later, lol! :ROFLMAO:

Honestly I think one people should consider when it comes to the prospects of a new Star Fox, or even F-Zero, at this current point in time...is the fact that their big cheese Takaya Imamura already retired from Nintendo last year. That's kind of a big hole considering he was the guy who created the universes and character designs for those series. And here he is on Twitter, reduced to pleading to Nintendo to port SF Zero over to Switch.

Rough translation: "Dear Nintendo, Six years have passed since the release of "Star Fox Zero" today. I think there are some issues, but please port it to the switch. Also, if you can produce a sequel to the animation, we will also be in charge of scenarios and content. I look forward to working with you. Best regards"

I think the guy is freelance (you can see above he even offers to help produce another anime short similar to The Battle Begins to promote a hypothetical Switch re-release) so I suppose if or when they feel like making a new Star Fox or something they could probably just hire him back Sakurai style, but really it just tells me that as of January 2021 (when he left), there isn't anything for SF/F-Zero in the works right now.

Honestly, I just personally don't see it quite as bleak re: StarFox.

It's more likely that Imamura, with his wish-listing, is right up there with the likes of Shigeru Miyamoto and PlatinumGames in their belief that Star Fox Zero is "underrated", and that it deserves a second chance (on Switch). A sentiment I certainly don't share, but that's me. P*, of course, would leap at the chance for more work, while for Imamura and Miyamoto, it's possibly more a passion/vanity thing.

Chances are, the game is just going one of those rare first party Wii/Wii U games that's just going to be left behind, while the company has already since moved on to something else for Star Fox. Whatever that may be. And Imamura might even be fully aware of such, but still would possibly his last major work to get another opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom