• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What announcement would make you feel this has been an okay/good summer for Nintendo?
Either something Metroid or an Advance Wars release/updated date of some kind. Which coincidentally are two of the things it seems we're most likely to get by the end of the year (which is why they won't happen lol)
Im the only one that hopes to not see Prime in a Tweet? Because in a direct there is actual chance to see a teaser of Prime 4, i really need to see something about the only game left in the shadows of the Switch lineup since 2017
It would certainly feel like a bit of disrespect in my eyes but I know Nintendo probably doesn't see it that way, after all they're willing to tweet announcements for all their other first party games.
I just want the Metroid Prime announcement so i can sleep well.

Dread announcement was like returning to booze after 19 years without any drop of alcohol.

Now i'm drunk.

Thx Nintendo.
Oh yeah. The withdrawals are real. I had kind of put my love of the franchise on the back burner for my own sanity and ever since Dread was announced I'm pulled back in headfirst, been finding and eating up any and all fan content I can find. Remixes, art, any romhack or fan game I somehow missed or is released recently. There's hope again and hope is a dangerous thing

But how do you improve upon perfection?

Include remastered X + Construction Kit tracks you cowards

08c57d91-d0b8-46de-abdd-f681d6456746_200_10.gif

I did not care for the F-ZERO GX soundtrack. It insists upon itself.

Shotgun Kiss always reminded me of Cowboy Bebop while playing F-Zero GX. I love it.

So we are all expecting a big Direct in September right?

To be honest no? Nintendo threw the June major Direct out the window, not sure why I’d expect them to keep doing what they’ve always done elsewhere.

Could see a major event in August, September etc. Or we could continue to see smaller things. People in this thread were adamant that both Partner and Twitter drop style announcements were gone, yet here we are.

Expect Nintendo to announce things eventually. The ‘how’ and ‘when’ I’ve given up on for a bit

I still think there will be something in the usual TGS-adjacent spot

the new Partner Showcase branding set itself up for the task well

August: Drake reveal it releases the 26th of November with Prime 1 HD and Drake exclusive ports. They also show all future Drake exclusive third party games coming H1 23 plus all crossgen titles that will release H1 23 plus a list of games that will get Drake patches

September: Partner Direct, Switch 1 games only

I still don’t get how being vague helps hide Nate’s sources. Like if he gives a hint, we later find out what he meant anyway. Like he hints at a direct in late June, wouldn’t Nintendo just go “oh someone vaguely leaked the 29th partner showcase.” We don’t know what he means specifically at the time, but Nintendo does

But he knows better than me, maybe it helps in a way I don’t realize

I still don’t get how being vague helps hide Nate’s sources. Like if he gives a hint, we later find out what he meant anyway. Like he hints at a direct in late June, wouldn’t Nintendo just go “oh someone vaguely leaked the 29th partner showcase.” We don’t know what he means specifically at the time, but Nintendo does

But he knows better than me, maybe it helps in a way I don’t realize

He keeps it vague in case his source got fed false information to make them expose themselves. He waits until he can corroborate a story so he knows there are multiple people with the info.

I think in August we get a Splatoon show and probably an Indie World. Maybe Pokémon if they're feeling up for it. I'd also say that's when they'll drop the next Mario Kart DLC and Kirby's Dream Buffet.

August: Drake reveal it releases the 26th of November with Prime 1 HD and Drake exclusive ports. They also show all future Drake exclusive third party games coming H1 23 plus all crossgen titles that will release H1 23 plus a list of games that will get Drake patches

Thank you for regularly saying what I'm thinking so I don't have to be the one that sounds crazy. Although I'm still not sold on the idea of many (or any) exclusives hitting around launch

Thank you for regularly saying what I'm thinking so I don't have to be the one that sounds crazy. Although I'm still not sold on the idea of many (or any) exclusives hitting around launch
I would think the same if it wasn’t for Nate saying Nintendo told devs to have games prepared for late 2022 and saying there would be exclusives. I don’t expect a lot day 1 probably just 4-5 games after the first 3-4 weeks

I dunno, maybe it's an age thing? I'm 22 and this era of electronic music sounds really cheesy and boring to me
Sandstorm unfortunately got a shit ton of play in the day and is overly long for effectively a one-trick pony with its hook.

That said, stuff made by Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, and Daft Punk from this era still slaps hard

September: Partner Direct, Switch 1 games only
It will not release on a Saturday nor will it miss Black Friday in NA if it drops in 2022.

Sandstorm unfortunately got a shit ton of play in the day and is overly long for effectively a one-trick pony with its hook.

That said, stuff made by Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, and Daft Punk from this era still slaps hard
daft punk is definitely good but I don't lump it in with that sound

I’ll never lose hope that we’ll have a proper general Nintendo Direct this year. I won’t say it will be in September because Nintendo is not really following patterns this year, but I’m sure we will have one.

But now I just want a Pokémon trailer so I can better resist the leaks 😬

I’ll never lose hope that we’ll have a proper general Nintendo Direct this year. I won’t say it will be in September because Nintendo is not really following patterns this year, but I’m sure we will have one.

It's not about patterns. E3 was cancelled, it was not a pattern. General before TGS makes a ton of sense. If TGS would be cancelled this year I would have doubts, but it isn't.

I just noticed that Bayo 3 is pre-ordered on my Amazon account from 2018 lol. For that 20% discount.

I remember I did that for a ton of games just cause they were going to discontinue it. And forgot all about it.

Prime 4 is there as well lol

I mean that's technically wrong, they aired a Nintendo direct in February so they did follow the patterns this year, they only created a new pattern for the June direct: if there's no e3 there's no June general direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom