• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure there will be a dozens of them. I still can't get over how one youtube channel used the terms "muncle" and "funcle", we need to think of better funny names next time.
Wait, who actually used those words? I vaguely recall glancing over that accusation last night but I thought I just hallucinated that

Me waiting for Splatoon Singleplayer footage

c9f778c4352da3fac40f9e83f4cd85d3e8d56011.gifv

Be sure there will be a dozens of them. I still can't get over how one youtube channel used the terms "muncle" and "funcle", we need to think of better funny names next time.
My post took me a fair amount of time to plan, research, write, and edit. If anyone uses my work, I’d love to know.

Last edited:
So if I get it right:

Next week seems like it could be an eventful week, albeit for a first party showcase with or without hardware, and that has just been strengthened by the fact we got Xenoblade Chronicles 3 previews earlier than usual, and with Live A Live previews as well? Normally it's two weeks from launch we get previews, but with Xenoblade it's three weeks this time around.

So next week First Party mini?

Me waiting for Splatoon Singleplayer footage

c9f778c4352da3fac40f9e83f4cd85d3e8d56011.gifv
Honestly, Splatoon 3's marketing reminds me of BotW2's in a way. Announced way beforehand, having received a few trailers but still no blowout even though release is drawing near. Reading @Derachi 's fantastic summary post on the previous page has made me realise that wanting to show it at 4K might be a reason for this.

also some segments of splatoon 3 look crazy detailed so 4k might genuinely show it off really well
Pretty sure I came up with the shorthand "muncle" and "funcle" so this is a big moment for me.
Knowing what paltry sum YouTube ads bring in nowadays I'm not even going to encourage you to go get that guys YouTube moneys for using Funcle © and Uncle ®.

just imagine: with the power of the Nvidia Corporation's ground-breaking technology, we'll be able to fully immerse ourselves in the vivid world of Everybody's 1-2 Switch in glorious 4K and bear witness to the realism rendered by the ray-tracing around the horse's stink lines

So everyone think Nintendo will just go with Switch Pro or some other name?
Switch Pro has 0% chance because a competitor already uses it (PS4 Pro), it will use another way to say it’s a better Switch could be Super/Advance/New or something new we dont know

I don't think anyone is expecting "pro". It's likely not going to simply be a "pro" device like the PS4 Pro either, I see it more like the Gameboy Color or New 3DS situation.

No idea what they will call it though.

I think it would be pretty crazy for them to actually call it "Nintendo Switch Pro"

I think my vote would be "Nintendo Switch Plus." Before the OLED model I was a fan of the name "Max" and featuring a bigger screen in the same chassis, but we of course already have such a model. Also, "New Nintendo Switch" is always an option and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I've been saying Nintendo Switch Plus since since before people were getting annoyed by the Pro discussion.

Last edited:
One thing I personally feel very strongly about is that it won't use the "X model" nomenclature. That boxes it into a single model, whereas this hardware standard is likely to have more models in the future, similar to the New 3DS line.

Splatoon 3, Metroid Prime Remake and BotW 2 in 4k with ray tracing...imagine that. whew.

and the sequel to 1-2 Switch

After the blatantly technical and frankly pretty clumsy name "Nintendo Switch – OLED Model" I think "Nintendo Switch – 4K Model" has a pretty decent shot.
By that logic after Nintendo Switch Lite they could go Nintendo Switch Full Cream

Finally registered here. Just wanted to say I’m excited to be back in a Nintendo speculation thread — my favorite kind of thread. Crossing my fingers that open week does lead to something.

After the blatantly technical and frankly pretty clumsy name "Nintendo Switch – OLED Model" I think "Nintendo Switch – 4K Model" has a pretty decent shot.

One thing I personally feel very strongly about is that it won't use the "X model" nomenclature. That boxes it into a single model, whereas this hardware standard is likely to have more models in the future, similar to the New 3DS line.
fight

or kiss

I don't know, I can't read

Saw an article that was written July 6th talking about the "NSW" trademark, and came to the conclusion that it meant the new console was going to be called the Nintendo Switch W.

It's so dumb that I am fully believing that is it's actual name.

Saw an article that was written July 6th talking about the "NSW" trademark, and came to the conclusion that it meant the new console was going to be called the Nintendo Switch W.

The Nintendo Switch Wait

Nintendo Switch Wumbo

If the Pro gets announced next week I'll change my profile pic to be Jason from Stranger Things.

AKA the absolute dickhead that got what he deserved
Man.... I really need to start Stranger Things. Everyone is talking about it right now.

And if it's not the super high-end machine that costs peanuts that everyone predicts the "more like Nintendo Switch L" headlines will write themselves!

If the Pro gets announced next week I'll change my profile pic to be Jason from Stranger Things.

AKA the absolute dickhead that got what he deserved
FW_Xl0pWIAENag-

Honestly, Splatoon 3's marketing reminds me of BotW2's in a way. Announced way beforehand, having received a few trailers but still no blowout even though release is drawing near. Reading @Derachi 's fantastic summary post on the previous page has made me realise that wanting to show it at 4K might be a reason for this.

also some segments of splatoon 3 look crazy detailed so 4k might genuinely show it off really well
Well, the only reason why they announed is so early was because they actually needed more people to hire

I don't think it'll be called anything like Ultra/Max/Plus because those names generally denote larger variants in the cell phone space, and from what we know, this device isn't really about size.

Although everyone would hate it, I think the move is to call it Switch 2. Communicates that it's building off the current Switch models for compatibility with existing software and controllers, won't confuse anyone about exclusives, and when the time comes to make Lite/XL/etc variants, it keeps the prolixity to a minimum.

Let's just make up a game, start talking about it as if it was real and wait for the Youtube videos to start dropping. Could be a Star Fox racing game, for example.

I think there's a solid chance "OLED Model" is removed from the boxes once the current base is phased out and the OLED takes over the "base model" slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom