• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

implying Switch sucessor is a portable PS5 and this suposed port for Final Fantasy 7 remake, took no time to be ported/adapted to Nintendo next hardware, everyone is expecting a hybrid console with similar if not superior PS4 like specs, sort of a portable PS4.
they said it had ps5 like graphics not that it would be a portable ps5, with stuff like dlss you can make games look way better even if the system is not as powerful

it's important to remember that people are TERRIBLE at gauging image quality and visual fidelity. if someone says Drake has "ps5-like graphics", what they probably mean is, "this game looks really good!". let's not forget all the "looks too good for switch" nonsense

it's important to remember that people are TERRIBLE at gauging image quality and visual fidelity. if someone says Drake has "ps5-like graphics", what they probably mean is, "this game looks really good!". let's not forget all the "looks too good for switch" nonsense
Yeah seriously. Any claims of "PS5 or XSX" level are absolutely just people saying it looks a lot better than last gen, not that a detailed comparison between the succ version and another version has actually happened.

Why do some folks think BC is more likely not to happen, none of the technical hurdles presented are insurmountable. It's like some are trying to will it into existence

they said it had ps5 like graphics not that it would be a portable ps5, with stuff like dlss you can make games look way better even if the system is not as powerful
I imagine that's what they meant. If the console ran in 1080p and upscaled using DLSS, it could justifiably run at settings on-par with PS5 even if it isn't the same resolution. That's not an unreasonable claim to make.

As to what i make of Hero's leak (as the guy who technically caused Hero to come out of the shadows, whoops), I trust a lot of the claims that he has made on the Atlus side because that's what i know he leaks. I think some of the claims from the SE are also accurate, however I'm not entirely sure about the Sw2 claims. Idk, time will tell as always.

So Nate and Necrolipe are both calling Hero's info BS?
The way I take it is that Necrolipe calls it bs, where Nate talks about "significant inaccuracies" and definitely not calling everything bs, the question remains... Which part is inaccurate? Basically we still know nothing.

I've wanted to avoid commenting on this... but, yeah; there are significant inaccuracies in the claims made.
ce0.jpg

The way I take it is that Necrolipe calls it bs, where Nate talks about "inaccuracies" and definitely not calling everything bs, the question remains... Which part is inaccurate?
It isn't really helpful to just say "bs" and call it a day, but i get Necro wants to avoid the eyes of Nintendo so... sure.

If I had to take a wild shot in the dark though, it'll be basically anything related to the Sw2. So the camera or FF7R on Sw2. I did see some people on Resetera say stuff about the Square Enix stuff too, but idk.
Regardless, the only stuff I have a hard time saying isn't true would be the Atlus stuff, namely because Hero was one of the earliest people to mention Persona 3 Remake being real.

Until Nate or Necro speak out as to what's true and what's not, we just have to assume that "some things will be wrong".

So it is a leak. Something we shouldn't always trust to be reliable.

Yeah there’s a lot in that rumor, so Nate could be talking about any of it. Camera and BC could be true (it’s not the first time that these have been brought up), but perhaps he has info on the state of IX and VIIR that calls the whole thing into question.

The weirdest tidbit in that leak in the idea that the FF7 port took "no time at all". First, there's no way that's true, we're still talking about a giant game needing to fit on a cartridge in a brand new architecture. Second, how would he even know this. Third, is he implying the game is done a year in advance? This just sound suspicious as hell.

Why do some folks think BC is more likely not to happen, none of the technical hurdles presented are insurmountable. It's like some are trying to will it into existence
This right here. The way I see it, the only reason it wouldn’t happen is if Nintendo simply didn’t want it, but even that wouldn’t make sense. Nintendo has a great track record with BC.

Yeah there’s a lot in that rumor, so Nate could be talking about any of it. Camera and BC could be true (it’s not the first time that these have been brought up), but perhaps he has info on the state of IX and VIIR that calls the whole thing into question.
I have a strong feeling some of the information shared by Hero was kind of as a result of a panic. He needed to say the information he had so... he said it. That fake leaker was genuinely a horrible situation for everyone involved, so I don't hold ill will towards him if anything he said is inaccurate or slightly misjudged.

That being said, we should wait to see if any one part of the leak is true before saying everything is false. Just because one thing is wrong, there have been leaks in the past with something wrong and another 20-odd things being right.

So that's my official advice as "That one guy who happens to be on this thread sometimes". Wait a bit. That's all.

Despite having to be vague, the feedback from Nate and Necrolipe is appreciated.

This. Their insights on this matter is greatly appreciated. We need to make sure to continue to respect their line of work and be kind.

That said, Its been very valuable hearing a few things both as a fan and as an investor. Having extra confirmation that a direct is near is especially valuable to me as someone with Nintendo shares lol

But in all seriousness, big thanks to them

I'm just waiting for something stronger from Nintendo. The last major leap they did in hardware was the Wii U, and while Switch is a step up from Wii U, it's not a major leap. We saw this smaller step up from going with SM3DW on Wii U, and seeing where it went when it came to Mario Odyssey and Bowser's Fury (and not just the rez boost of the SM3DW port). We can reference consoles like PS4 for what we can expect from 3rd-parties, but we have no real reference when it comes to Nintendo, so I'm really hoping it will be a treat. To see the kind of worlds they'll make it with.

The weirdest tidbit in that leak in the idea that the FF7 port took "no time at all". First, there's no way that's true, we're still talking about a giant game needing to fit on a cartridge in a brand new architecture. Second, how would he even know this. Third, is he implying the game is done a year in advance? This just sound suspicious as hell.
To have it running on the devkit you absolutely do not need it on a cartridge.

I have a strong feeling some of the information shared by Hero was kind of as a result of a panic. He needed to say the information he had so... he said it. That fake leaker was genuinely a horrible situation for everyone involved, so I don't hold ill will towards him if anything he said is inaccurate or slightly misjudged.

That being said, we should wait to see if any one part of the leak is true before saying everything is false. Just because one thing is wrong, there have been leaks in the past with something wrong and another 20-odd things being right.

So that's my official advice as "That one guy who happens to be on this thread sometimes". Wait a bit. That's all.

BC is an easy guess as it’s most likely going to be there, and the Camera piece is low hanging fruit which has shown up in a few rumors now.

If, for example, Nate actually does have info on Final Fantasy IX being much further out, and perhaps VIIR is still notably locked up on PlayStation, id say that’s the right type of wrong info to question the veracity of the lot.

I’m just going to reset expectations to before any of this dropped.

I'm just waiting for something stronger from Nintendo. The last major leap they did in hardware was the Wii U, and while Switch is a step up from Wii U, it's not a major leap. We saw this smaller step up from going with SM3DW on Wii U, and seeing where it went when it came to Mario Odyssey and Bowser's Fury (and not just the rez boost of the SM3DW port). We can reference consoles like PS4 for what we can expect from 3rd-parties, but we have no real reference when it comes to Nintendo, so I'm really hoping it will be a treat. To see the kind of worlds they'll make it with.
I have no doubt Nintendo’s first-party output will look insane. They are absolute wizards when it comes to producing amazing visuals, even if their hardware trails behind PS and Xbox. It’s exciting.

I want the Hero leak to be real because I don’t have a good PC or PS5 and I want FFVIIR lol. Either come to Switch 2 or Xbox please.

For this example you'd actually want
Code:
int increment(int num) {
    return ++num;
}
as doing num++ is equivalent to doing
Code:
auto k = num + 1;
return num;
while ++num is equivalent to return num + 1
You caught me - I explicitly used postfix on the return line because it is one of those things that exposes backend differences, but yes, it does actually not do the thing I said it was doing. Dang, I gotta remember there are actual devs in here.

In this case they both become two instructions, in most/many cases aarch64 is going to require more instructions than x86 to do the same things. But the instructions on aarch64 are going to be less complex and take less time to perform than x86's complex instructions.
Yep. There is also complexity about instruction pipelines, scheduler bubbles, and beyond microcode, the advantages of one cache hierarchy over another, all of which influence real world performance. That's why you can't just multiple clock speed by IPC and come up with some master perf number.

Yeah as soon as it said "FF7R looking as good as PS5 version" it should have been obvious it was bullshit.

I still assume that cameras are going to be used in some way for Switch NG because its just too easy and cheap to add for them not to do it.

I mean it is BS because the system isn't releasing until 2027. /s

At this point I'm not sure what was supposed to be Switch Pro and what is claimed to be Switch 2. If T239 is supposed to be Switch 2, awesome. If not then that means either MS or someone else is trying to bring out a gaming capable device, and use the DLSS hardware for AI and MS has a mobile stem capable of running Windows 12.

That report is very weird from what I know
Thins like new cartridge btw isn't a leak... it's logic

Of course that with new and huge games coming, they need a new tech to have more speed and storage

Camera and BC I prefer to avoid commenting for now
The lineup for both Square and SEGA / ATLUS are innacurate

This. Their insights on this matter is greatly appreciated. We need to make sure to continue to respect their line of work and be kind.

That said, Its been very valuable hearing a few things both as a fan and as an investor. Having extra confirmation that a direct is near is especially valuable to me as someone with Nintendo shares lol

But in all seriousness, big thanks to them
What insight? "this isn't 100 percent accurate?"

Yeah as soon as it said "FF7R looking as good as PS5 version" it should have been obvious it was bullshit.
'Console speculated to be stronger than PS4 can run enhanced PS4 port' is not exactly hard to believe. The post specifically said "looks and runs like a PS5 game" which doesn't need to be taken literally, it could just mean they think the port looks good. If they actually said "this console is as strong as a PS5" then we could rule it out right off the bat.

That report is very weird from what I know
Thins like new cartridge btw isn't a leak... it's logic

Of course that with new and huge games coming, they need a new tech to have more speed and storage

Camera and BC I prefer to avoid commenting for now
The lineup for both Square and SEGA / ATLUS are innacurate
I just hope FF7R part is true

There's a world of difference between having a game up and running well in segments and having a fully complete and QA'd port that's gone gold. Given the uncertainty about it being a launch title, I'd suspect it's closer to the former, if it even exists. That's not particularly hard to believe since it's running on UE4.

yes, no way a massive game that use two disks will be ported to a completely new console and take no time to do this

So what happens to this thread after it’s revealed? Is it like directs and this gets closed and we move on to Nintendo Switch 2 reactions thread?
we speculate on what possible models this console can have, like Switch sucessor OLED model or a Switch Lite equivalent for Nintendo next hardware

This is so weird. The back just looks... Really not good. A giant wall of text followed by a giant wall of smaller text. Obviously something must be happening, but why didn't they wait until the next system released and then put it on there too? The old box has the Switch, Wii U and 3DS. No reason why they couldn't put the Switch 2 next to the Switch (1) in a year.
Wait for another year for restocks that are available now? How does that make any sense?
Also why should they mention the hardware at all? As it says compatibility is a matter of the software that supports each amiibo.

we start speculating on Drake Pro
News sites on literally the day after of the switch 2 release: New reports coming in, highly credible stuff guys! Reports from the grape vine of nintendo cooking a PS5-tier Switch 2 Pro are here, aiming for a holiday 2025 launch!

News sites on literally the day after of the switch 2 release: New reports coming in, highly credible stuff guys! Reports of nintendo cooking a PS5-tier Switch 2 Pro are here, aiming for a holiday 2025 launch!
oh great YouTubers and the media will exploit a Switch sucessor Pro version until the end of the console lifecycle.

I remember someone here was mulling over how some games would be too big for Switch 2 after the Xbox Showcase showed that Star Wars game and also cited Starfield as one of those games. Something along the lines of even though it's a big leap from Switch it will be overlooked by 3rd party because these games won't be able to run on there.

I am still early into the game and am still unsure if it is my type of game 2hrs in...

But this game seems to be entirely scalable even on lower-end CPUs and doesn't even seem that taxing on my GPU based on what I am playing and seeing online. Gameplay-wise... I don't think anything in this game is above Drake's capabilities (so far). I could be wrong and of course, I don't have Drake in my hands yet but I think it's silly to see these posts pop up so far ahead of a game's release.

We will probably hit that threshold of not being possible/scalable on Drake but so far I think that will be a minority of games since we are just now seeing a lot of current-gen-only games.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom