• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Nobody is claiming that they just started showing it off. In fact multiple rumors have been ongoing that devkits have been out for a while.

I'm not sure where this idea that this is the initial showing has come from. This is just the first showing big enough to leak this much.
Yeah that's true. I am just surprised that there hasn't any leaks like the ones we just got if it were to release in March.

Yeah that's true. I am just surprised that there hasn't any leaks like the ones we just got if it were to release in March.
There have been leaks, they've just been a lot quieter.

You only get leaks like this one much closer to release, since they're showing it to much larger groups of people.

Don’t read Era on this topic today. They’re so pathetic. “This can never happen”. So much negative responses
Simple answer is they don’t want it to happen.
Sites will literally implode with traffic once what was said is proven to be true.
It’s gonna be glorious

That's the first mistake: opening up Era.
The second mistake is actually trying to participate in that discussion. (Someone save me.)

Anyways I'm curious about what the internal resolution for that Matrix demo must be, as I assume it would be an Ultra Performance DLSS showcase.

No way imo. Nintendo promised it on Switch, so it will at least be cross gen.
Yeah, even if MP4 doesn't show in the next direct I would still assume it to be cross-gen, but they'll probably want to showcase it primarily with next generation hardware if they're holding off that long on showing actual footage.

Updated list of Switch NG release window leaks/predictions with the latest info from Nate:

[Publications]
MoneyDJ: “Q1 next year” (Foxconn’s FY starts in January)
TechInsights: “March or April next year”
Nikkei Asia: “next spring at the earliest”
Eurogamer: “latter part of next year” but “sooner if possible”
Nikkei Shimbun column (not report): “the industry” expecting “second half of 2024”
VGC: “second half of 2024”

[Individuals]
Pokemon leaker: “early 2024”
Nate: “talk” about March, “no clarity” if reveal or release
necrolipe: “H1”
NWeedle: “before summer”

[Tally]
H1 (5): MoneyDJ, TechInsights, Pokemon leaker, necrolipe, NWeedle
H2 (2): Nikkei Shimbun, VGC
Noncommittal (3): Nikkei Asia, Eurogamer, Nate

There are more sources leaning toward H1, especially the newer entries.

How would developers know about the reveal date? That seems like something only Nintendo would know.

If a bunch of devs were talking about "March 2024", that to me sounds like a launch date.

And if the Switch 2 is running BotW with zero load times, that would suggest I/O speeds of 2+ GB/s, right?

Great video by Nate.

Don’t read Era on this topic today. They’re so pathetic. “This can never happen”. So much negative responses
They really should change their name.

LolNintendo.com
ItsNintendo.com
NintendoGonnaNintendo.com
NintendoDontDoSpecs.com
SonyLand.com

No way imo. Nintendo promised it on Switch, so it will at least be cross gen.

I don't understand why people think it's gonna be a Switch 2-only game when pre-orders have been up for years, and still are. The game was designed with the Switch in mind. If it comes to Switch 2 as well, then that's a neat bonus.

But wasn't it said by Nintendo that the distance between announcement and release would now be a few months, thus excluding a situation like that of the Switch?
Although I consider it unlikely (release in March) an announcement in January, just before the Direct could lead to a release for March/April.
But should this imply mass production started when, November/December?
Switch 2 would probably be "revealed" much earlier by leaks.

Which Pokémon leak ?
A 4chan leak by supposed programmer for an outsourced company hired by gamefreak to work on a graphic patch for the switch 2 version of SV
Fp_B00_aQAEUPDi

How would developers know about the reveal date? That seems like something only Nintendo would know.

If a bunch of devs were talking about "March 2024", that to me sounds like a launch date.

And if the Switch 2 is running BotW with zero load times, that would suggest I/O speeds of 2+ GB/s, right?
Well, 30 seconds (or 30 seconds less than before) doesn't say 2GB/s, but like, 1GB, +/-500MB/s?

Quoted by: Sol
You lot haven't tempered your expectations enough. It's not realistic to expect Nintendo and Nvidia to outperform 10 year old consoles with weak CPUS (even though they did with Switch 1), it's unfathomable to imagine them using upscaling tech to boost the system's visuals (even when they've been using upsampling techniques in their own games). They don't care about multiplatform ports (even though that's been a major boon to the Switch's library). Nintendo will go out of their way to design a weaker system even if it's more expensive to supply, because they hate you and love 24 hours of battery life. Ignore everything else suggesting otherwise.
Basically what I've been reading on Era in spurts. Good thing that there are some people there who still know what they're talking about.

But lol at Nintendo never goes for good tech memes.

The number of output pixels in a second for BotW is going from 1600x900@30fps (Switch) to 3840x2160@60fps (in best case scenarios where the frame rate is constant), a ratio of 11.52. Really good for a new generation of hardware imo.

Okay thanks. It looks like usual fake leaks including what people exactly want so I don't believe in it, even though it would be very cool, obviously.
That's the craziest thing, they got basically everything right before the pokemon present except for this small thing at the end so people doesn't know how to make of it, is it real to help them seem more credible or fake as a prank or to let the people in charge off their scent.

Well, 30 seconds (or 30 seconds less than before) doesn't say 2GB/s, but like, 1GB, +/-500MB/s?

It should be faster right? The Switch has 3.5 GB of usable RAM by devs, so if the Switch is reading data off the drive at ~120 MB/s, that comes out roughly to about 3.5 GB after 30 seconds.

If Switch 2 is doing essentially an instant fade with no noticeable load time, it's loading in that 3.5 GB of data in like 1 to 1.5 seconds (over 2 GB/s read speed).

Here's the twist:

It has no RAM. Instead the carts will each come with their own RAM. Ultrafast, Unprecedented, 0 loading time.

This, it'll be called Ultra Switch.
That would be a backwards twist.

I mean that would destroy the eShop and no developer wants that.

Last edited:
It should be faster right? The Switch has 3.5 GB of usable RAM by devs, so if the Switch is reading data off the drive at ~120 MB/s, that comes out roughly to about 3.5 GB after 30 seconds.

If Switch 2 is doing essentially an instant fade with no noticeable load time, it's loading in that 3.5 GB of data in like 1 to 1.5 seconds (over 2 GB/s read speed).
New system has a lot more RAM than 3.5GB, and the specific statement was, I think, 30 second load times from opening it to the open world... or 30 seconds less ("minus 30") than it is now. Which isn't instant. But it is fast.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom