• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Still haven't managed to complete the chapter 5 map. I'm sure I've been to each island. Here are the more out-of-the-way locations/landmarks I've managed to get without filling in the whole map:
  • The Armu Ranch in Colony Mu that is created from the quest after Fiona's ascension
  • The Lost Colony from Taion's side story
  • The secret area in the Lost Colony area
  • The Radial Outlook secret area in the southwest
  • I've explored all of Malevolent Hollow and got the Demihuman Gutter landmark, even killed the level 102 uniques living at the back
  • Found the out of the way Aegis Sea with one of the superbosses
  • Got the location for the thin strip of beach in the southeast with the unique pagul
  • Found the underground part of the sandbar island from falling in quicksand

No clue what's left to find but I'm not putting the game down until I do lol

Still haven't managed to complete the chapter 5 map. I'm sure I've been to each island. Here are the more out-of-the-way locations/landmarks I've managed to get without filling in the whole map:
  • The Armu Ranch in Colony Mu that is created from the quest after Fiona's ascension
  • The Lost Colony from Taion's side story
  • The secret area in the Lost Colony area
  • The Radial Outlook secret area in the southwest
  • I've explored all of Malevolent Hollow and got the Demihuman Gutter landmark, even killed the level 102 uniques living at the back
  • Found the out of the way Aegis Sea with one of the superbosses
  • Got the location for the thin strip of beach in the southeast with the unique pagul
  • Found the underground part of the sandbar island from falling in quicksand

No clue what's left to find but I'm not putting the game down until I do lol

I don't know if this will help at all, but here's a list of all the landmarks:

Eternal Elegance (secret area)
Radial Outlook (secret area)
Fifth Pillar Remnant
Rujah Headwaters
Old Road of Rebirth
Sturc Gully Gate
Bed of Woes and Wishes
Relay Base Bridge
Funicular Approach
Levnis Workyard Entrance
Mulus Depot
Prison Camp, Freight Gate
Perimeter Outlet
Vent Entrance
Colony Mu, Respite Ranch
Demihuman Gutter
Emerald Font
Malevolent Hollow
Searing Strand
Chief's Quarters
Hermit's Inlet
Cradle Convoy Shelter
Morrack Inlet
Place of Heroes Past
Predator's Paw
Third Pillar Remnant
Second Pillar Remnant
Twinpalm Isle
Sentridge Harbor Control
Fourth Pillar Remnant
Colony Mu Main Gate
Conchrock Beach
Eternal Canopy
First Pillar Remnant
Pioneer's Inlet
Ishan Isle
Welkin Falls
Cascade Crossroads
Seaspray Lookout
Thurbin Harbor
Doublecrag Gate
Fuller Elevator Landing
The Swordface
Bannis Path

If you're missing any of those and need a poke in the right direction, let me know.

Something more RPGs should rip off from those games is having a bonus objective in battle so if you do extra well the boss will commentate on it even if the story otherwise plays out the same.
I do actually kind of like that! Although I don't like when it was required for the Grade system, or whatever it was (been a while).

I don't know if this will help at all, but here's a list of all the landmarks:

Eternal Elegance (secret area)
Radial Outlook (secret area)
Fifth Pillar Remnant
Rujah Headwaters
Old Road of Rebirth
Sturc Gully Gate
Bed of Woes and Wishes
Relay Base Bridge
Funicular Approach
Levnis Workyard Entrance
Mulus Depot
Prison Camp, Freight Gate
Perimeter Outlet
Vent Entrance
Colony Mu, Respite Ranch
Demihuman Gutter
Emerald Font
Malevolent Hollow
Searing Strand
Chief's Quarters
Hermit's Inlet
Cradle Convoy Shelter
Morrack Inlet
Place of Heroes Past
Predator's Paw
Third Pillar Remnant
Second Pillar Remnant
Twinpalm Isle
Sentridge Harbor Control
Fourth Pillar Remnant
Colony Mu Main Gate
Conchrock Beach
Eternal Canopy
First Pillar Remnant
Pioneer's Inlet
Ishan Isle
Welkin Falls
Cascade Crossroads
Seaspray Lookout
Thurbin Harbor
Doublecrag Gate
Fuller Elevator Landing
The Swordface
Bannis Path

If you're missing any of those and need a poke in the right direction, let me know.
Thank you for this!! I seem to have all landmarks so it must be a location I'm missing

Ashera’s ascension quest was pretty cool with some lore I enjoyed. I have a great deal of time tonight so I’m hoping to knock out some more. I think I have 11 left?

Lanz across two side quests, one in post game:

In one of the side quests Lanz is asked by an old man to punch him to see if he was dreaming and it humorously just cuts to him on the ground with the party standing over him because he didn’t know old people are weak (old guy is totally fine soon after). Just had a side quest now where Lanz is like “let’s go beat up some kids!” during the campfire discussion. Lanz please sort this out, this is becoming a problem lol.

Alright, Chapter 6 done! 80 hours in, this may well end up my longest single playthrough of a game. Starting to feel maybe a bit of burnout setting in but that could also be just me playing for a longer time today.

Now time to do side quests for another 10 hours or so

Nice to see Nia up and about, she's definitely Nia. Though I'd like to see her cut loose a bit more, guess she's trying to keep up Queenly appearances for the most part. The lore explanation about the two worlds joining was pretty interesting too, liked the whole anti-matter/matter collision thing and the stuff about ol' Z freezing the world. Wonder what's up with that guy, hope it's not quite as simple as Z for Zanza, but then again I wouldn't mind that too much either

Last edited:
Thank you for this!! I seem to have all landmarks so it must be a location I'm missing
Have you found the small area between rocks that you can only access by swimming? Not talking about the Lv 110 boss area, but another one that is close o it and has 3 elite enemies and some collectables.

I think I’ve completely misunderstood the class system, I thought by swapping classes that I would then have access to that characters arts on the Dpad when I levelled them up and swapped back. But I just seem to have a random list of 5 arts from other characters that I’m stuck with.

I think I’ve completely misunderstood the class system, I thought by swapping classes that I would then have access to that characters arts on the Dpad when I levelled them up and swapped back. But I just seem to have a random list of 5 arts from other characters that I’m stuck with.
If your base class is kevesi you can only equip agnian master arts and vice versa

I had the same issue, and am seconding what @Zeal543 said. I got to a point where I didn't even bother leveling a class on characters of the same faction.

Ahhh it was so nice finally seeing
Nia properly for the first time

How long is Chapter 7, and does it make it clear where the point of no return is like previous games?

I honestly don't know what they are gonna do for the story DLC

The obvious guess would be another prequel DLC about the first Ouroboros and the founding of the first City. The backstory seems to set this up. Plus there are some seemingly unanswered questions like who Riku is and how each Noah ends up with the Sword of the End. Maybe Melia instructed Nopon pass down the blade and give it to a Noah in each cycle? So that's the obvious guess but I wonder if they will do something that takes place after the ending of Xenoblade 3 just to cap the trilogy off with a happy ending. Kinda like how Mass Effect 3 had the Citadel DLC that basically brought back the cast from all three games for one final adventure. Nothing in the story really supports this though other than a promise that they will visit each others' worlds. The cover for the story DLC is of the three red blades but I feel that could fit for either a pre- or post- Xenoblade 3. The two blades were used to make the Sword of the End or it represents the three world finally coming together again. Not really sure.

You got it right, you're just missing 2 things:

1- As said before, you can only use Master arts from the other faction. If you're using an Agnus class, you can only use Master arts from Keves classes.

2- One master art is unlocked at class level 1 and another at level 10. If your character can equip an class, then you have at least the level 1 Master art. This is where the "5 random arts" came from.

Almost done chapter 4 , what a ride it’s been! Done hero quests and side quests as well, so really been taking my time. This game just keeps delivering.

4093C202D8A362E1955296BD5CE029BC3621E014

Have you found the small area between rocks that you can only access by swimming? Not talking about the Lv 110 boss area, but another one that is close o it and has 3 elite enemies and some collectables.
Is it a circular reef (Oshia Reef Ravine) with three uniques merignas inside? I've got that one, but thanks regardless

You know, it's not 1:1 or anything, but the bit where the six meet for the first time is weirdly Animorphs-y.
I thought the exact same thing lol.

Group of 6 misfits encounters a damaged aircraft, out of which stumbles a dying hero who gives the six characters a special unique power as a last-ditch hope for defeating the main enemy... the six characters are thrust into the fight together and have to learn to get along in order to successfully beat the enemy...

Yeah it's pretty close lol

Alright, Chapter 6 done! 80 hours in, this may well end up my longest single playthrough of a game. Starting to feel maybe a bit of burnout setting in but that could also be just me playing for a longer time today.

Now time to do side quests for another 10 hours or so

Nice to see Nia up and about, she's definitely Nia. Though I'd like to see her cut loose a bit more, guess she's trying to keep up Queenly appearances for the most part. The lore explanation about the two worlds joining was pretty interesting too, liked the whole anti-matter/matter collision thing and the stuff about ol' Z freezing the world. Wonder what's up with that guy, hope it's not quite as simple as Z for Zanza, but then again I wouldn't mind that too much either
I have similar thoughts, I hope the ending comes together, although it's been amazing so far anyway. Although after the climax of Chapter 5, getting through Chapter 6 and especially early 7 has felt far more relaxed and actually gave me a good time to take a bit of a break from the game (not completely!). It's the perfect time to take the game slower and do a ton of sidequests.

I finally completed the chapter 5 map!

The location I was missing:
Samon's Secret Storage

It's so nice having the map of the sea not looking like random scribbles made with a blue marker

I thought the exact same thing lol.

Group of 6 misfits encounters a damaged aircraft, out of which stumbles a dying hero who gives the six characters a special unique power as a last-ditch hope for defeating the main enemy... the six characters are thrust into the fight together and have to learn to get along in order to successfully beat the enemy...

Yeah it's pretty close lol
The sixth came later in Animorphs, which is part of the not 1:1. But yeah

Done through estimate 80% of UMs if the list is accurate. It's quite a lot of fun just making some obscure team setup works with bosses.

Tried to shift the difficulty from hard to normal and the difference is surprisingly large
rock-lee-anime.gif

Chapter 7.

I wish this game had:

Enemies and items location (a wikipedia)
A way to control your level (not after the credits)
A challenge mode

My GoTy so far. Sorry Elden Ring, but time has changed my opinion.

Chapter 7.

I wish this game had:

Enemies and items location (a wikipedia)
A way to control your level (not after the credits)
A challenge mode

My GoTy so far. Sorry Elden Ring, but time has changed my opinion.
Yeah I feel the same. I consider the first hours of ER amazing and better than the best sections of Xc3, but the game can't keep the quality (later areas are boring, game balance is poor and lack of narrative/cutscenes means that the combat/bosses need to carry the entire game, which IMO can't due to its length), is still amazing of course but Xc3 does a better job of being intersting for 130h.

Yeah I feel the same. I consider the first hours of ER amazing and better than the best sections of Xc3, but the game can't keep the quality (later areas are boring, game balance is poor and lack of narrative/cutscenes means that the combat/bosses need to carry the entire game, which IMO can't due to its length), is still amazing of course but Xc3 does a better job of being intersting for 130h.
Yup… and the exploration is stupid. In ER, for the most part, finding new dungeons and areas does not reward you with anything worthwhile.

The classes in ER are really separated, so when you get a gear for another class, is worthless. As the game has so many classes, 85% of the exploration does not reward the player. The only rewards in ER are the vistas.
ER has a really beautiful world all around. That’s its greatest achievement. I won’t talk about the difficulty in that game, but it’s not bloodborne by a long mileage.

On the other hand, Xenoblade 3 has an amazing world, but it takes a while for you to understand the map and see everything. So the game gets keeping better.

I’m 105h in Xenoblade 3 and I don’t want it to end.

Okay guys I have one question that I need answered before I head for the final battle

Am I right in the assumption that I can't Mac our Keves Castle and Agnus Castle affinity until I get to the post game?

I have no other explanation left because I did all quests, all collectopedia cards, all husks, talked to everyone.... sooooo I am just assuming it ain't happening until after the final battle.

Okay guys I have one question that I need answered before I head for the final battle

Am I right in the assumption that I can't Mac our Keves Castle and Agnus Castle affinity until I get to the post game?

I have no other explanation left because I did all quests, all collectopedia cards, all husks, talked to everyone.... sooooo I am just assuming it ain't happening until after the final battle.
You can by spamming collectopedia cards but you can't max the affinity until post game I believe, at least I didn't.

You can by spamming collectopedia cards but you can't max the affinity until post game I believe, at least I didn't.

Haha yeah that ain't happening. I did all of them once so I alrd got the big harmony rewards and it will take an eternity or two to get it done with the small rewards. Thanks for the info!

I stopped just before I started the third day of prison. How long before I get to That Section?

EDIT: Also regarding XC3 vs Elden Ring, ER was on its way to being a GOAT game for me, but the quality torpedoed after the mountaintops. I genuinely can't believe they would put out something that terrible after Lost Izalith, every boss was so bad that I couldn't help but feel an incredibly hollow feeling once I was finally done. No matter how disappointing CH6 and CH7 may be, it cannot be worse than that

Last edited:
I stopped just before I started the third day of prison. How long before I get to That Section?

EDIT: Also regarding XC3 vs Elden Ring, ER was on its way to being a GOAT game for me, but the quality torpedoed after the mountaintops. I genuinely can't believe they would put out something that terrible after Lost Izalith, every boss was so bad that I couldn't help but feel an incredibly hollow feeling once I was finally done. No matter how disappointing CH6 and CH7 may be, it cannot be worse than that
You're basically there.

Yup… and the exploration is stupid. In ER, for the most part, finding new dungeons and areas does not reward you with anything worthwhile.

The classes in ER are really separated, so when you get a gear for another class, is worthless. As the game has so many classes, 85% of the exploration does not reward the player. The only rewards in ER are the vistas.
ER has a really beautiful world all around. That’s its greatest achievement. I won’t talk about the difficulty in that game, but it’s not bloodborne by a long mileage.

On the other hand, Xenoblade 3 has an amazing world, but it takes a while for you to understand the map and see everything. So the game gets keeping better.

I’m 105h in Xenoblade 3 and I don’t want it to end.
Yeah, kinda where I stand in the comparison. I've dropped Elden Ring twice now, and I'm hitting 85 hours in XC3 and will probably be playing for a good while yet

Exploration in Elden Ring just feels really unrewarding once you've decided on a build. And since doing things takes a lot more effort than in most open world games thanks to the Soulslike combat, it feels like you're going through a lot more just to get that nothing, whereas in XC3 and other open world-like games, not only are there typically more meaningful rewards, but even if there aren't you typically haven't wasted too much time or effort

I actually feel this game has something of the same problem as Elden Ring with the lack of good rewards for exploring, due to the lack of weapons/equipment, things to spend money on, etc. That said, in both games the exploration itself is pretty worth it just for the sights and NPC quests even if the rewards aren't great. But the lack of that little extra gameplay-loop OOMPH is what puts them off being the best in their series for me personally (granted I haven't finished XC3 yet but I'm very close).

As for GOTY... hmm. I think for me personally I'm still on Elden Ring. Even if it doesn't quite reach the heights of Bloodborne it's still an amazing game. XC3 is as well, but I think Elden Ring still has the slight edge.

Ahhh it was so nice finally seeing
Nia properly for the first time

How long is Chapter 7, and does it make it clear where the point of no return is like previous games?
It's probably a bit on the shorter side. The point of no return is clearly marked, as is tradition.

As summer officially ends for me tomorrow (back to start prepping for teaching), I am going to leave some side quests unfinished and finish the main story today.

This has been an amazing game. I will definitely use the downtime over this next week to keep doing some more quests. My favorite game of the year so far, for sure. And definitely my better than XB2 (Haven't played XB1 yet).

I haven't played Elden Ring yet, but I've been thinking about the discussions around the worth of exploring and gold being useless. Maybe Future Connected had the right idea with handling equipment distribution. In FC, each type of equipment came from a different source. Weapons were dropped by enemies (especially UMs), while armor with open gem slots could only be bought at the shop. Unique character-specific armor with gems already in them were quest rewards while treasure chests held special headwear pieces with rarer gems in them like EXP or AP Up. And gems of course were obtainable from crystal deposits found around the map. Would something like this be more attractive for a full-length main title?

I do think 3 should've had some equivalent to weapons/core chips where there's a designated slot for it and it affects multiple stats in addition to possibly having a bonus passive effect. And something I really liked about equipment in X was that getting the same piece of equipment at a higher rarity meant it had a whole additional bonus effect on it rather than just 2% more of the same effect.

Maybe 3 could've had: Iris-Chips dropped from enemies, single effect accessories bought from shops, two effect accessories found in chests and as rewards for quests, and obviously gems from crafting.

Another thing that could've helped finding accessories feel better is if they were separated into different slots. They already have different icons for no reason. But as it stands, every accessory competes for the same three slots but not every accessory effect is equally worthy of a slot so you end up with a lot of trash accessories. If you had specific slots like headwear, hands, feet, and brooch on top of the effects being thoughtfully distributed between the different slots (like HP up is always on headwear, agility up is always on footwear, block rate up is also always on footwear), then you would find more stuff useful because fewer effects would be competing for the same slot.

Back
Top Bottom