• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

I haven't finished the game and barely understand that Origin thing, so I dunno if the above makes sense or if it's just magical anime nonsense.
Thanks! It actually both makes sense and is magical anime nonsense. LOL (I kid, I kid)

Also, I legit hadn't heard your favorite music again when I answered your question, but I thought of you when it played. I decided to just let you run into though (did you notice it in the next fight too?)
Yessss!! Actually in the first of the two I barely heard the intro because I was like five levels above so by the time her HP was low enough to trigger it I was mopping her up, but I actually got to hear it in full in the next one. I was bopping. 😁

We were robbed of Lanz wearing a plugsuit :cry:
Right? If you're gonna go Eva, go full Eva
well maybe not "full" Eva, we don't want an M-rated Xenoblade

I think if the enemy is more than 5 levels lower than you, you will not make any progress in unlocking classes on other characters that don't have it. Also the more people that have that class, the quicker it unlocks. It is also slower to unlock for those that have a lower aptitude (for example a D rank will unlock much slower than an S rank).
So I should fight enemies no lower than 5 levels below me? Anything higher fine?

Just finished the game.
For some reason it is my least favourite Xenoblade game.
A good game, but the worst from the series.

So I am in Chapter 3 and revealing as much of the map as I can, done a bunch of hero quests and side quests. I am level 37 and the rec level for Chapter 3 quest is 17. I think I am over leveled. Was I not supposed to do these side quests or something this late? Did I grind too much?

Seems like I
skipped a traversal skill cause I have climb and run up sand which are listed as skill 1 and 3
It is kinda nice not being aggroed by every monster when I just want to clear the map and stuff.
I feel like I was always under leveled in Xeno 1 and 2 and now 3 makes it so easy to level, it's the opposite problem.

I even got the max amount of ether cylinders and only found like 2 ferronis's to use them on. Now I am avoiding ether channels cause I can't fit anymore.

Oh another question, what is gold for? Cause the items the shops sell are weak af compared to the ones I get from quests and monster drops.

I have a strong feeling that Hard Mode is the way us experienced players were meant to play it

As for gold.... straight up useless for the most part, I wish you could purchase Silver and Gold Nopon coins because that would solve everything for me

So I should fight enemies no lower than 5 levels below me? Anything higher fine?

No higher than 10. You have diminishing returns for EXP and CP once you hit 10 levels above yours.

For example, killing a level 100 superboss with a level 1 party would net you the same as killing a level 100 superboss with a level 90 party would

Where do you start the hero quest for the last hero?
the robot looking one
I haven't found it yet and want to avoid googling Xenoblade more than I have to

I have a strong feeling that Hard Mode is the way us experienced players were meant to play it

As for gold.... straight up useless for the most part, I wish you could purchase Silver and Gold Nopon coins because that would solve everything for me
Or at least sell us something that boosts Class Rank by 1 for like $10k (heh) a piece.

Where do you start the hero quest for the last hero?
the robot looking one
I haven't found it yet and want to avoid googling Xenoblade more than I have to

It's a series of sidequests in various regions that has you encounter a bunch of robots. I think the first side quest may be in Colony 4? I don't remember because when I reached chapter 6 I already had done all the sidequests needed.

At this point I'm gonna be shocked if converting between gold and Nopon coins isn't in the DLC somewhere

It's a series of sidequests in various regions that has you encounter a bunch of robots. I think the first side quest may be in Colony 4? I don't remember because when I reached chapter 6 I already had done all the sidequests needed.
I already had that encounter in maktha wildwood. Hmmm will need to check around the map, thanks

I already had that encounter in maktha wildwood. Hmmm will need to check around the map, thanks
There is a conversation about novels you can hear in the City, which leads a quest called Writer's Block. Completing that quest is what made that hero show up for me.

I’ve been slowly making my way through chapter 5 after lots of backtracking but the main area for the chapter is really cool, filling in the map is annoying me though.

I really liked Triton’s introduction, he seems like he’ll be a fun character. I’m sure his class also has lots of potential to be strong but getting it there sounds like a lot of work. I do really like the idea of each of the main 6 rolling up to fight Moebius in their own Moebius armour though. And I still haven’t finished her hero quest yet but I like Fiona too. I think she and Valdi are the youngest heroes so far? Both 6 terms, I like that they’re both paired with Lanz and then the super old Triton. I’m imagining a world where they go questing together and I need the Lanz and friends fanfiction ASAP. Big Brother Lanz and his younger siblings and their whacky grandpa seems like a dynamic full of opportunity.

I actually really like the dynamics of all the main 6’s “Hero Inheritors” so far. Like the dynamics of Noah & Zeon, Ethel and Juniper and how they’re all kind of in similar situations of trying to help their “failing” colony but the way they deal with that and how their characters play off of Noah I’ve been really enjoying. I’m also Happy that Eunie got someone like Monica after having the very non talkative Gray and Ashera’s battle crazed life views.

I loved seeing Zeon and Juniper interact with each other and really hope the rest of these quests for the heroes continue the interactions. It really helps make it feel like the colonies are supporting and interacting after being liberated. I can make some guesses based on the affinity chart but I’m excited to see more.

I’ve been slowly making my way through chapter 5 after lots of backtracking but the main area for the chapter is really cool, filling in the map is annoying me though.

I really liked Triton’s introduction, he seems like he’ll be a fun character. I’m sure his class also has lots of potential to be strong but getting it there sounds like a lot of work. I do really like the idea of each of the main 6 rolling up to fight Moebius in their own Moebius armour though. And I still haven’t finished her hero quest yet but I like Fiona too. I think she and Valdi are the youngest heroes so far? Both 6 terms, I like that they’re both paired with Lanz and then the super old Triton. I’m imagining a world where they go questing together and I need the Lanz and friends fanfiction ASAP. Big Brother Lanz and his younger siblings and their whacky grandpa seems like a dynamic full of opportunity.

I actually really like the dynamics of all the main 6’s “Hero Inheritors” so far. Like the dynamics of Noah & Zeon, Ethel and Juniper and how they’re all kind of in similar situations of trying to help their “failing” colony but the way they deal with that and how their characters play off of Noah I’ve been really enjoying. I’m also Happy that Eunie got someone like Monica after having the very non talkative Gray and Ashera’s battle crazed life views.

I loved seeing Zeon and Juniper interact with each other and really hope the rest of these quests for the heroes continue the interactions. It really helps make it feel like the colonies are supporting and interacting after being liberated. I can make some guesses based on the affinity chart but I’m excited to see more.
Alexandria is 6th term too. She tries to keep it a secret that she's so young

Under the hero quests section of Bellydrum's spreadsheet, there's a list of the quests needed and how to unlock them for the final hero quest to open.

Even with all the questions I had last night, I never noticed this. And you're absolutely right. They should have been removed from the rebirth cycle, so like...???????
I need to find the scene again but M says something about Mio and Noah being the incarnation of their (N and M) hope. It seems to be a sort of miracle that Noah and Mio came into existence. I think the Noah and Mio we play as are the first time they've been reincarnated since N and M went moebius.

I think this is what pushes M to switch bodies with Mio and get them to awaken Nia. Like it's a sign that it's finally time.

Alexandria is 6th term too. She tries to keep it a secret that she's so young
Oh yeah I forgot about her, well she’s doing a good job of it because she convinced she was older despite the game telling me she wasn’t.

That whole sequence with the vocal song playing and the party futilely trying to break out of their cell, all the while you can see the shadows of the moon moving showing the passing of time as one by one they eventually start giving up… powerful stuff. Think that’s up there with the Xeno 2 ending stuff for my favourite Xenoblade cutscenes.

Also, someone please tell me that I’m going to be able to change Mio’s outfit very soon, right? They surely won’t make me leave her in this stupid Consul costume with the weird butt window… right?

Welp
I'm about to do something I've never done before:
boot up a Xenoblade game right after beating it and go after the postgame quests.

I just can't resist. Without the final two heroes I feel like my playthrough is incomplete.

Also, everyone saw that bust of Dromarch outside of the Hall of the Serene, right?

That whole sequence with the vocal song playing and the party futilely trying to break out of their cell, all the while you can see the shadows of the moon moving showing the passing of time as one by one they eventually start giving up… powerful stuff. Think that’s up there with the Xeno 2 ending stuff for my favourite Xenoblade cutscenes.

Also, someone please tell me that I’m going to be able to change Mio’s outfit very soon, right? They surely won’t make me leave her in this stupid Consul costume with the weird butt window… right?
Yeah, it doesn't last long. The outfit isn't even an option once it goes away.

Man, I wish you could pick who gets the inherit the Hero classes. Nothing like getting a cool new attack class only to find out Taion is getting it.

Man, I wish you could pick who gets the inherit the Hero classes. Nothing like getting a cool new attack class only to find out Taion is getting it.
Taion has a surprisingly decent base attack stat, and his high TP in chain attacks synergizes well with attacker roles.

Taion has a surprisingly decent base attack stat, and his high TP in chain attacks synergizes well with attacker roles.
I know, but I like keeping him in healing and would've rather anyone else apart from Eunie get it, plus he's in the middle of learning a healer class and I don't want him to switch/low-ish on Nopon coins.

Had a strange thing happen last night during my playtime, when i fast travelled to colonies, the NPCs didn't appear. I had to leave the colonies, no enemies in sight until suddenly all popped up on the field and on the map.

Going back to the colonies after that made most NPCs in there appear too.

Is that a bug? Has someone else encountered this?

Had a strange thing happen last night during my playtime, when i fast travelled to colonies, the NPCs didn't appear. I had to leave the colonies, no enemies in sight until suddenly all popped up on the field and on the map.

Going back to the colonies after that made most NPCs in there appear too.

Is that a bug? Has someone else encountered this?
I've heard of it, and did experience a delay in actors loading once. Closing the game also seems to fix it, and doing so regularly seems to prevent it. I surmise it's related to the apparent memory leak.

I've heard of it, and did experience a delay in actors loading once. Closing the game also seems to fix it, and doing so regularly seems to prevent it. I surmise it's related to the apparent memory leak.

A memory leak huh? Given i never (actively) noticed it so far, it seems this was the first time it happened for me.

I always close the game, because when i'm done playing i usually also hard shut off the Switch.

Hope Monolithsoft has a patch ready soon, it's a bit annoying if you're looking for NPCs / side quests without seeing anything. ^^

A memory leak huh? Given i never (actively) noticed it so far, it seems this was the first time it happened for me.

I always close the game, because when i'm done playing i usually also hard shut off the Switch.

Hope Monolithsoft has a patch ready soon, it's a bit annoying if you're looking for NPCs / side quests without seeing anything. ^^
It usually manifests as the framerate getting choppier over long sessions. There's a few symptoms that line up with a memory leak, but ultimately we're not entirely sure.

Finally finished the game today after 113 hours. I feel exhausted emotionally, XC3 is just that good in the way it delivered the ending on a stratospherically high note.
I went in expecting XC3 to provide a meaningful conclusion to the story from XC1 and XC2. I walked away happy to see that XC3 managed to stand on its own feet without relying too much on the predecessors's stories.

In a sense I find Xenoblade stories, on a personal level, coming of age fantasies. In this regard XC3 easily surpassed the other 2 in how high it raised the stake, especially near the end of Chapter 5 and the last chapter.
Early on, the game gave me an impression that Moebius and Ouroboros are designed by Z and the stone in a biological manner. But no as the games go on, I realized that they are all about ideals. On one hand we saw N, despite being a City/Ouroboros descendant, fallen into Moebius due to his obsession over keeping M alive no matter what. On the other hand we saw M, despite being reincarnated as a Moebius, fusing with Mio and effectively become Ouroboros (the same holds for N joining Noah in Chapter 7, or Triton casting away his Moebius origin to join the party).

From this angle, I also realized how beautiful Xenoblade 3 is as a coming-of-age story. 6 main characters, throughout the main plot, learned to coexist despite the ongoing war, to cast away their doubts, to understand each other, and especially, to move forward. No matter how painful it can be. XC2 already sent a powerful message about enduring pain and guilt for one's self and for other to coexist, but XC3 is on another level in this regard. Its ending sequence destroyed me, seeing how desperate they ran toward each other in vain as the worlds split apart. Moments ago they still exchanged farewell gifts, emotions included...

The personality growth among 6 character is also contextualized subtly but also kinda neat via the class inheritance system. Lanz's development shows this principle most clearly imo. He started off as a tank but Joran's sacrifice inspired him to be the supportive back bone of the whole party, and thus he was inherited with several healers' roles.

That said there's still the post game and a bunch of ascension quests to deal with. Time to dive into the post game thread lol.

Last edited:
Finally finished the game today after 113 hours. I feel exhausted emotionally, XC3 is just that good in the way it delivered the ending on a stratospherically high note. I went in expecting XC3 to provide a meaningful conclusion to the mess Klaus created, I walked away happy to see that XC3 managed to stand on its own feet without relying too much on the predecessors's stories. In a sense I find Xenoblade stories, on a personal level, coming of age fantasies. In this regard XC3 easily surpassed the other 2 in how high it raised the stake, especially near the end of Chapter 5 and the last chapter.

Early on, the game gave me an impression that Moebius and Ouroboros are designed by Z and the stone in a biological manner. But no as the games go on, I realized that they are all about ideals. On one hand we saw N, despite being a City/Ouroboros descendant, fallen into Moebius due to his obsession over keeping M alive no matter what. On the other hand we saw M, despite being reincarnated as a Moebius, fusing with Mio and effectively become Ouroboros (the same holds for N joining Noah in Chapter 7, or Triton casting away his Moebius origin to join the party).

From this angle, I also realized how beautiful Xenoblade 3 is as a coming-of-age story. 6 main characters, throughout the main plot, learned to coexist despite the ongoing war, to cast away their doubts, to understand each other, and especially, to move forward. No matter how painful it can be. XC2 already sent a powerful message about enduring pain and guilt for one's self and for other to coexist, but XC3 is on another level in this regard. Its ending sequence destroyed me, seeing how desperate they ran toward each other in vain as the worlds split apart. Moments ago they still exchanged farewell gifts, emotions included...

The personality growth among 6 character is also contextualized subtly but also kinda neat via the class inheritance system. Lanz's development shows this principle most clearly imo. He started off as a tank but Joran's sacrifice inspired him to be the supportive back bone of the whole party, and thus he was inherited with several healers' roles.
That said there's still the post game and a bunch of ascension quests to deal with. Time to dive into the post game thread lol.
Thank you for the spoiler at the beginning :/

Thank you for the spoiler at the beginning :/
Which part? I thought pre-release material already showed the setting of Aionios, and Klaus was already shown in XC1 and XC2. Nevertheless, I edited my post just in case, sorry!
Would you mind editing this spoiler
Yeah... Indeed it is spoilery ... Second edit incoming.

Last edited:
I went in expecting XC3 to provide a meaningful conclusion to the story from XC1 and XC2. I walked away happy to see that XC3 managed to stand on its own feet without relying too much on the predecessors's stories.

Would you mind editing this spoiler

I think I've got a bug in one of the Hero Quests
I'm on Teach's Ascension Quest trying to beat Avenger, but after he lost half of his hp, he just stopped losing hp at all, it's been already 10 minutes since that moment.

I think I've got a bug in one of the Hero Quests
I'm on Teach's Ascension Quest trying to beat Avenger, but after he lost half of his hp, he just stopped losing hp at all, it's been already 10 minutes since that moment.
This should happen, but not for 10 minutes.

I just finished the game so I'll save my impressions for tomorrow, but at the moment I feel that this is the best XC game and the best JRPG since XC1.

The game is not perfect, and both XC1 and XC2 do some things better, but the way it improves on the gameplay of the series, the way it manages to have a good main story and lots of good side content, the way it focuses on the main 6 characters and keeps delivering their moments, small and big, from start to finish... all of this is something truly special.

This should happen, but not for 10 minutes.
Yeah, but I figured out what happened
If you make a chain attack before he uses his Invincibility skill and and take out half of his health bar, his skill doesn't activate, his hp stops dropping and because of this you can't trigger his second phase.

I noticed the tombstone of a unique monster in Erythia won't show up on the map and I can't fast travel to it. If I go to where the unique was, the tombstone is there it just won't show up on the area map. It's the one for Slack-Jawed Zephel.

I noticed the tombstone of a unique monster in Erythia won't show up on the map and I can't fast travel to it. If I go to where the unique was, the tombstone is there it just won't show up on the area map. It's the one for Slack-Jawed Zephel.
It only shows up when it's raining, another UM only shows up when it's night time in Erythia as well.

It only shows up when it's raining, another UM only shows up when it's night time in Erythia as well.
But would that affect the tombstones? In 2 the tombstones always appeared for weather-specific uniques regardless like that elook in Uraya. Like for this one, the tombstone is there when it's sunny out and I can interact with it, it's only on the map that it won't show up as a fast travel point. Seems more like a glitch.

But would that affect the tombstones? In 2 the tombstones always appeared for weather-specific uniques regardless like that elook in Uraya. Like for this one, the tombstone is there when it's sunny out and I can interact with it, it's only on the map that it won't show up as a fast travel point. Seems more like a glitch.
The one that only appears at night doesn't show up as a fast travel point during the day so I think it's intentional

I just finished the game so I'll save my impressions for tomorrow, but at the moment I feel that this is the best XC game and the best JRPG since XC1.

The game is not perfect, and both XC1 and XC2 do some things better, but the way it improves on the gameplay of the series, the way it manages to have a good main story and lots of good side content, the way it focuses on the main 6 characters and keeps delivering their moments, small and big, from start to finish... all of this is something truly special.
Was gonna post something similar but yeah this is pretty much how I feel (tho I prefer 2 over 1).

Also unlike xenoblade 1 and 2, I'm feeling way more compelled to clean up now for any quests I haven't done for more of that story side content.

Follow-up to last post about the final Hero:

So their quest chain starts in Colony 4. Which specific quest starts that chain?

Also should specify: I'm only mid-chapter 5 atm. No spoilers past then please!

EDIT: Nvm, found it

Last edited:
Holy shit Sena and Lanz tried to Dragon Shiryu N, I actually thought they were going to die wow. Also I stopped right after so no spoiler for what happens next. Also the mobius theme with the flute for M's battle was chef kiss 10/10
Needless to say I'm hooked. Next session I'm finishing chapter 5.

It's done. I finished the game. After 155 hours and almost every side-quest, I'm finally done.
This is officially the second game I played that made me tear up. What an ending.
The part where the worlds started to seperate and Noah + friends started running to each other did it to me.

Man. I'll do a proper write-up with all my thoughts on another day, but safe to say it's my favorite game in the Xenoblade-saga.

Yall Melia's hair bounce is 👌

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom