• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

so now that I've finished & I've gone back to read some earlier pages here & the old place

I can't be the only person that zero issue with over leveling right? & This was with unlocking every class for every character & completing some side quests along the way also. Idk how that happened to so many people.

With 83 hours on the clock I beat the game. Did a bit of side content, though not all.

Hot damn what an ending. The wait for the story content is going to be really hard. Hoping endlessly that it is Tornado sized. Xenoblade 2 is still my favorite of the series, but this one comes close and is excellent.

X (to be fair I never beat it, but I've played enough to make the call, it's a great game too but someone has to bring up the rear.) I'll need some time to simmer and think about the game.

Now I can unignore the spoiler thread lol. I may put the game aside for a bit, we'll see, I'd like to play some other stuff but I do want to do all the ascension quests. Might give it some tile we'll see.

With 83 hours on the clock I beat the game. Did a bit of side content, though not all.

Hot damn what an ending. The wait for the story content is going to be really hard. Hoping endlessly that it is Tornado sized. Xenoblade 2 is still my favorite of the series, but this one comes close and is excellent.
Why stop there? I hope it's at least the size of a hurricane. :p

Yall I beat this game days ago

Why the spark am I still playing it?

I never do this

My story immersion is sparked

I'm just running around doing stuff that I should not be doing at the point in the story my characters are at

I can't sparking stop

Spark it

I never do this

I'm just running around doing stuff that I should not be doing at the point in the story my characters are at

I can't sparking stop

Spark it
This is the first JRPG in a really really long time where I’ve stuck around after the credits

Not a slight to others (keeping me for 30-40 hours through a complete story is already fulfilling), but I just want more XC3 lol

I never do this

I can't sparking stop

Spark it
This is the way

Side quests really do never make sense, as much as we pretend they do at points lol. Just keep exploring what the game has to offer.

There's legitimately stuff that only opens after you get to Origin, as the shots it fired off cause a difference in some places. They weren't trying to make sense. It's better than XC2 though, where quick traveling between titans doesn't make sense for the vast majority of the game.

so now that I've finished & I've gone back to read some earlier pages here & the old place

I can't be the only person that zero issue with over leveling right? & This was with unlocking every class for every character & completing some side quests along the way also. Idk how that happened to so many people.
There’s a ton of reasons people can be overleveled here and for a game like this I’m not sure what the best solution is because altering it too much changes what I and many others love about it. For me at least, Xenoblade games and other offline MMORPGs are often very laid back, cozy, open ended challenges. I regularly picked my battles by primarily fighting monsters above my level, elites, and uniques, and then avoided overkill, food, and bonus XP. This let me generally engage in as much side content (optional zones and side quests) as I wanted while still having regularly thrilling battles at my own pace. I knew the experience I wanted and so I played in a way that facilitated that and I still knew I had hard mode tucked away if I needed it to keep playing as I wanted. I also generally didn’t mind if that meant just largely walking through a lower level story zone since I still had uniques and since I probably had such a great adventure elsewhere for it to be this way.

That said, it’s not like the game necessarily encourages any kind of play or guides you on picking Easy/Normal/Hard other than fights become unsatisfying and you might notice you aren’t learning jobs efficiently. I feel people are getting frustrated generally because the side content and combat are both so good this time and they want to put in more than the game necessarily wants them to which was probably balanced around mainlining the story and doing a minimal exploration of side content. Like I don’t think the game necessarily expects you to get every hero character even though I feel it is a richer experience if you do. So to an extent the balance is off because on average people want to do more than Monolith is asking of people. To be clear here, no one is playing the game right or wrong, but for those it’s not hitting they are feeling it more acutely and there’s really no solution other than telling them to do less. While I’m comfortable not engaging with systems and not wiping out everything I come across, I don’t think it’s necessarily great either that one of the best solutions is to just not engage with so much of it. (I’ve also played games that handled this exact issue way worse)

The immediate band aid solution at least would be to let you level down from the start and just trust the player which I think they should patch in. Aside from the job system angle which I think they should let slide, they could possibly have a “true level” that limits how much XP you can get if you underlevel yourself for more challenge (which I also think should be optional if they added that feature). I think something they really should consider is something like The World Ends With You where you can lower your level directly from the main menu to increase your drop rate and that’s your reward to make fetch quests and crafting less of a pain though a system like that does change the vibe immensely. Alternately they could look into something like Kingdom Hearts’ challenge menu (I forget the name) or something like Skulls in Halo for optional difficulty modifiers systems that are more overt than just why are fights less satisfying. More difficulty levels could be added as well with better descriptions to pick one that’s right for you.

Anyway, those are just some ideas and thoughts I’ve had kicking around. I think overall, more options would largely benefit everyone even if each addition does have its pros and cons and it opens up more room for people to pick a difficulty less right for them. So yeah it’s a tricky balancing act I really wonder how or if they’ll address in the future.

I really want to start looking up the soundtrack, but also really want to avoid spoilers still... hmm... I guess I'm just going to have to finally finish the game, huh?

or:

(it's a playlist, the embedded video is everything in one)

Had a strange thing happen last night during my playtime, when i fast travelled to colonies, the NPCs didn't appear. I had to leave the colonies, no enemies in sight until suddenly all popped up on the field and on the map.

Going back to the colonies after that made most NPCs in there appear too.

Is that a bug? Has someone else encountered this?
not to me but yes. I guess I saw someone on era or twitter post a video of it

By the way, I am playing this game in French and seemingly every line of dialogue contains the words 'brasier' (translation of the word 'sparks') and 'moucher' (used for everything that seems to provoke discomfort and annoyance) . To my knowledge, we never use these in Europe.

Are these a Québec thing?

By the way, I am playing this game in French and seemingly every line of dialogue contains the words 'brasier' (translation of the word 'sparks') and 'moucher' (used for everything that seems to provoke discomfort and annoyance) . To my knowledge, we never use these in Europe.

Are these a Québec thing?
No. They're rather direct transitions of 'spark' and 'snuff', which were used as fake profanities in the English script (both seemingly standing in for the same English word). Not sure how well they work in French, but they work well enough in English as their single syllable makes them versatile.

Not sure how either word compares to the Japanese.

So I have finished Chapter 6 and briefly started on Chapter 7 and here is a wall of my thoughts.

Ok listen I was so excited to meet Nia again because she's undisputed BEST GIRL of Xenoblade 2 and I am a straight woman here. I just really like her character.

And then they kill her within seconds. Fortunately, I remembered Nia has like resurrection powers so I was like "lmao no way she's going out like that", & I am glad I was right.

I am also glad she's just the same old Nia with all the swearing ("bastard" haha), but the second she sees them she's like "omg gotta behave queenly"... she'd be besties with Eunie if she stopped pretending i am telling ya. & it's also amusing to see how uncomfortable she is with their high opinions of her haha. Still Nia through and through. Actually sad she's in the game so briefly only (at least it doesn't look like she will have a huge active part in the story).

That being said I only understood like 50% of her whole lore dump. So... OK so the two worlds wanted to unite because they were one originally. I get it. Fine. How did they know that that was happening tho? Like how do you notice when two worlds are trying to get back together? And then they communicated via ...light? OK, I'll take it. The conduit from 2 was kind of like this where I was like "so nobody ain't gonna explain where this came from? OK then..." I will accept it.

Then something something Origin rebooting the world something something. That kind of sounds like the whole thing is a computer simulation. But... wasn't at least one of the two worlds originally our world? As in real? How is it data now? Because of what the Architect did? Questions upon questions.

And then the way I understand it Z froze the world's and put them in stasis (hence the "Eternal Now" or whatever he is calling it). But what happens if we unfreeze the whole thing? Won't the whole collision of the worlds happen then, like unpausing a video? Since Z has tampered with Origin, will it work? How does Origin work in the first place? And if it doesn't, won't the worlds just cancel each other out? That's what worries me because Nia was also very hesitant to reply when the team asked whether they could then create a world without the fighting. Also it seems the pause isn't working completely (= the annihilation events) everything is just slowed down to a crawl. But if the annihilation events are happening that also means if we unpause the whole thing the world will go poof. Worrying...

Also why did Z do this anyways? I am sure at least that part will be explained sooner or later. But the rest... hmmm. We will see.

P.S.: Loved the Tora-reference ("certain Nopon Mechanic from fhe Agnian side").

No. They're rather direct transitions of 'spark' and 'snuff', which were used as fake profanities in the English script (both seemingly standing in for the same English word). Not sure how well they work in French, but they work well enough in English as their single syllable makes them versatile.

Not sure how either word compares to the Japanese.
I see, so these are peculiar in English too? Then I guess the speech of the characters reflects their Aionian culture. In 'French Aionian' maybe 'brasier' and 'moucher' are the equivalent of our 'putain' and 'bordel' (or a milder version of those).

I see, so these are peculiar in English too? Then I guess the speech of the characters reflects their Aionian culture. In 'French Aionian' maybe 'brasier' and 'moucher' are the equivalent of our 'putain' and 'bordel' (or a milder version of those).
In italian it's amazing, they use the word "Sprazzo" which means flash instead of our word for fuck which is "Cazzo" and they kind of sound alike too.
For the other common profanity they just use the italian word for spark which is "scintilla" and that sounds just funny.
If you think about if you count the fake profanities xenoblade 3 is the most vulgar Nintendo game ever.

In italian it's amazing, they use the word "Sprazzo" which means flash instead of our word for fuck which is "Cazzo" and they kind of sound alike too.
For the other common profanity they just use the italian word for spark which is "scintilla" and that sounds just funny.
If you think about if you count the fake profanities xenoblade 3 is the most vulgar Nintendo game ever.
Ha, that's funny as sprazzo :)

I never do this

I can't sparking stop

Spark it

I know what you meeeeannnn

Honestly I never really left Xenoblade 2. That world captured me and I feel like I'll always be in the middle of a playthrough of that game.

As for 3, I'm currently grindin out all my classes for each character. They're all unlocked, I just want them to get to 20

Exploration and doing all the sidequests as they pop up. Gives you tons of bonus exp. Fortunately I was warned beforehand so I never collected any bonus exp past Chapter 2. I am now in the final chapter and I am alrd 7 levels over the level recommendation without those bonus exp. If I collected them all at this point, I would be 25 (!) levels over level recommendation. And I haven't even done all quests yet, I just started the final chapter.

Fighting is actually the harder earned level ups in this game. But that's what unlocks and levels the classes so I assume most of your levels come from fighting, not from exploration and quests, and therein lies the difference.

This is the way

Side quests really do never make sense, as much as we pretend they do at points lol. Just keep exploring what the game has to offer.

There's legitimately stuff that only opens after you get to Origin, as the shots it fired off cause a difference in some places. They weren't trying to make sense. It's better than XC2 though, where quick traveling between titans doesn't make sense for the vast majority of the game.
Yeah I was wondering how Melia's postgame quests would work lore-wise considering she was captured, so I was laughing how when you go to start her quest she sees the party and says "oh, it failed?" 🤣 Like the game actually recognized that at this point in the story you're essentially leaving the final battle to go buzz around.

And YES I was being driven mad by some areas that I couldn't get to but obviously had stuff. It was a relief when I realized the shots fired by Origin busted some landscape and created land bridges. 😅

I know what you meeeeannnn

Honestly I never really left Xenoblade 2. That world captured me and I feel like I'll always be in the middle of a playthrough of that game.

As for 3, I'm currently grindin out all my classes for each character. They're all unlocked, I just want them to get to 20
My only thing after digesting the ending was wanting to go get the final two Heroes, because even though I figured it'd kinda break the story I had seen people say that some good story (especially for Nia) is in those so I was like "okay I'll drive back in but only for these quests" and those quests required me to grind up to lv10 in their classes so I started looking for high-level mobs and it turned into a lot more game time and then while doing Melia's final quest I overheard a thing at The City about "Aionios' Strongest" which I thought "ooh it must be the supersuperboss, wonder why it's a quest and not just a monster I find" so I googled it and you have to beat all the other superbosses first and I was like "hmm I'm kinda plowing through these lv80 and 90 mobs because of a slightly busted build I made to grind for those two classes soooo maybe I'll try!" and so I googled where they are and the guide said "oh don't forget to do this quest to upgrade your weapons" and so I spent last night collecting hammertime nopons and I'm still playing this game and I can't stop what the hellllllllll

I got to the final chapter last night and......I don't want the story to end D:

I just need to remember that side stories are fulfilling too and save them for my postgame.

If you find all the landmarks and locations it should auto fill in the rest. Although, after 150 hours I still haven't been able to complete it yet.
One of the locations doesn't appear until after completing a quest, is likely why. You can literally visit everywhere on that map but one place won't register until after the quest that "creates" it. Which is why I gave up

How do you reach the bottom left question mark in
the city? The one with the kids around it
The only way seems through the door but it's locked

One of the locations doesn't appear until after completing a quest, is likely why. You can literally visit everywhere on that map but one place won't register until after the quest that "creates" it. Which is why I gave up
Would you happen to know which quest it is? I've already done Taion's side story

How do you reach the bottom left question mark in
the city? The one with the kids around it
The only way seems through the door but it's locked
I can't check it out right now but if I'm remembering right:
You have to come around the other side. There's a ladder in the north of the city, go up and walk along some scaffolding to the south where you can jump down behind the gate.

So is anyone actually crazy enough to fill in the map for that area of Chapter 5?

Because I kind of want to but I know it’ll take forever.

I did, because I have no life apparently. Well ok that is a slight lie I still don't have one Tiny area because the enemies there are still too high of a level for me and getting one shot gets annoying after a while lol.

But other than that tiny area that would probably take me 5 minutes to complete (including containers etc), I filled out everything else.

I just listened to music, a podcast or let a yt video run on the side.

I am not quite finished with the game but I am 150 hours in so I suppose by the time I am done it will probably be around 170-180 hours? I do all the side quests and stuff.

Got through the beginning of chapter 6.

Jesus, what a relentless fucking experience. Need to take some time to cool down after that. Sublime, but SO emotional. Maybe the peak of any Xenoblade yet?

Also, can someone point me to a song that plays at the end of Chapter 5?
At the moment where N gives Noah his flute and tells him to send Mio off.

Jesus, what a relentless fucking experience. Need to take some time to cool down after that. Sublime, but SO emotional. Maybe the peak of any Xenoblade yet?

The climax is around 5:17

The overarching plot has finally kicked in for me now that I've passed the end of Chapter 4 and progressed some ways into 5; I was starting to wonder when or if it would take flight so I'm glad it finally has. Some of the twists were pretty easy to see coming, (though most were cool in execution regardless) but on the other hand, I was impressed by elements such as (Chapter 4/5 SPOILERS) the party being introduced to the natural human life cycle and concepts like parenthood, reproduction, ageing, etc that are alien to them.

Erythia Sea is also a very cool area and brings some of that trademark series wow factor that I felt was a little lacking up to that point. (Apart from Eagus Wilderness and some of the long distance views from Ribbi)

The party are now officially my favourite of any Xenoblade game; while I'll always have a soft spot for Shulk and co, Noah and co's interactions, personalities, and struggles are deeper and more developed.
The writing as a whole has really leveled up from prior games, particularly in terms of the quieter moments between characters. (Not that it was in any way bad before, it's just even better now)

Overall, I am loving it to bits and can't wait to see where it goes from here! :)

Last edited:

Just cleared same spot!
Are you Noah to my Noah???

So, I finished chapter 5 after…

… a 3 hour scene.
I officially hate Noah. Like I don’t know, expected him to do anything more than cry and shout with no sense

I know this is a Xeno trope, like in 1 or 2 where I reach a point when I hate main characters.

Been re-listening to a lot of the music, especially the field themes. Something I'm looking forward to whenever the official soundtrack comes out is seeing which composers did which tracks.

Ribbit Flats theme is like Takahashi went to ACE and said "give us a Dragon Quest world map" (I assume it's ACE anyways)

So, I finished chapter 5 after…

… a 3 hour scene.
I officially hate Noah. Like I don’t know, expected him to do anything more than cry and shout with no sense

I know this is a Xeno trope, like in 1 or 2 where I reach a point when I hate main characters.

You hate people for behaving and responding like regular human beings?

I personally tend to cut people out of my life if they fail once

Though to cut out the sass, what were you expecting @Pavolink?
There really wasn't anything he could do. They show Noah struggling with the bars the longest/hardest, and then during the eclipse he's unarmed and shackled while surrounded by guards. If there's a series trope here, it's the villain actually outclassing the hero and acting competently only to get beaten by something out of their control (somewhat comparable to Egil activating the Apocrypha and disabling the Monado only for Meyneth to reveal herself and interfere, or Jin/Malos knocking Pyra out of commission just for Rex to do what Addam couldn't and help bring out her true strength).

Noah was put into a powerless situation that was designed to make him emotional. Of course he's going to scream about it.

Not everyone reacts in the same way.

There’s also normal people out there that could have tried at least to use the Lucky Seven at their battle against N, a similar sword that he was using, after analyzing the situation, just like Taion did using his mondo against M to detect her moves. Even Riku mentioned that during the execution. The sword should not be used only to destroy flame clocks.

Other normal people could have at least tried to send her off once she was dying. Heartbreaking, yes. But if you can’t do anything else, at least she would have appreciated it.

Doubt that this two small things are something that only odd people would do.

I personally tend to cut people out of my life if they fail once

Though to cut out the sass, what were you expecting @Pavolink?
There really wasn't anything he could do. They show Noah struggling with the bars the longest/hardest, and then during the eclipse he's unarmed and shackled while surrounded by guards. If there's a series trope here, it's the villain actually outclassing the hero and acting competently only to get beaten by something out of their control (somewhat comparable to Egil activating the Apocrypha and disabling the Monado only for Meyneth to reveal herself and interfere, or Jin/Malos knocking Pyra out of commission just for Rex to do what Addam couldn't and help bring out her true strength).

Noah was put into a powerless situation that was designed to make him emotional. Of course he's going to scream about it.
I’m not talking about what he could do in jail because there’s nothing he can. But in battle?

Like I mentioned, try to use your Lucky Seven, a powerful sword? Even if he failed, at least he could have tried everything in his power.

I mean, just after that we can use the Lucky Seven arts in combat. Why not before this? They were pretty smart to use Taion mondo to defeat M, but he couldn’t see how N was using a similar sword and try to fight on the same way?

Anyway, I disagree and it’s fine.
They solve this in a smart way that I didn’t expected and I’m very happy about it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom