• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2 Speculation Thread |ST| The Future is Probably a Year From Now

How confident are you that one year from now (April 2nd, 2025) you will own a Switch 2 system?

• Absolutely

Votes: 78 54.5%
  • No because scalpers will kill my chances

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I hope so, but it is probably farther out

Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Team second half 2025

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Josh, please stop it

Votes: 16 11.2%

• Total voters

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
banner-nintendo-1786x642-2022.jpg

y07S32m.png

Many of us have been clamoring for new and improved Nintendo hardware for years. First, we had rumors of Nintendo planning a "Pro" model Switch system back in 2018. Rumors began to heat up in 2020 that Nintendo had something coming. 2021 arrived and we were surprised with the OLED model announcement. After that, we were told that there is another system still coming. Devkits were reportedly being sent out to 3rd parties. There was hope that Nintendo would pair a release of the Nintendo Switch Pro model with the launch of the sequel to Beath of the Wild. Well in early 2023, the news came down that Nintendo had cancelled a Pro model. Despite all of our despair, the truth that we soon realized was that the next generation of Nintendo gaming was getting closer. We don't know when Nintendo will reveal the system. It could be weeks from now. It could be months from now. Welcome to the official Star Topic to discuss all things Nintendo Switch 2!

KQdyn88.png
  • Want to talk about when Nintendo will announce the Switch 2? Ok​
  • Want to talk about the launch details of the Nintendo Switch? Ok​
    • Price? Ok​
    • Launch games? Ok​
  • Want to talk about system features that you want to see with the Switch 2? Ok​
  • Want to talk about how excited you are that joycon drift will be a thing of the past soon? Ok Don't blow it again Nintendo
  • Want to talk about long term Nintendo software speculation? Ok​
  • Want to talk about how Nintendo should evolve the NSO going into the next generation? Ok​
  • Want to talk about what Nintendo did right or wrong this generation? Ok​
Get the point? This is your new home to discuss anything and all things Nintendo.

3SzVndP.png
  • Off-Topic discussion
    • Look, we all know that it is inevitable that there will be the occasional post that strays off the beaten path. If someone posts the gif of Kylo Ren saying ""More!", that could lead to a three-page discussion why The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film. So, while we don't want to make this a no fun place, we do want to make sure that we stay on track as much as possible. If someone makes a joke or a reference to something that isn't Nintendo related, go ahead and laugh, but don't keep pushing the conversation. We also don't want to ask the mods to babysit us and threadban people. This is where we (the community) will need to work with each other while finding that right balance.​
  • In-depth tech analysis
    • While general discussions about how powerful we are expecting the Switch 2 to be is fine, this thread isn't the ideal place for high detailed technical talk. Our goal is to make this a broad Nintendo discussion thread that convers as much ground as possible. We already have a hardware speculation thread for that conversation. It is full of very kind and knowledgeable people who know what they are talking about and can explain it in layman terms as needed.​
  • Posting fake leakers tweets
    • For those of us that have been around the internet for a while, we know that fake leakers love to say anything for a click. As we get closer to the actual release, more and more fake leakers will come out of the woodwork. We are better off not giving those leakers the attention they crave. While we won't ask for a ban the first time someone posts fake leaker, frequent infractions may result action by the mods.​

vcum9cv.png
Probably the biggest question regarding the next Switch, besides whether or not it will be backwards compatible with current Switch games, is when will Nintendo announce the system already? While history does not always repeat itself, it can be good to look back and see how things played out last time.

vqws7ZJ.png
While this thread is a place for general discussion on most Nintendo topics, we have plenty of ST's in case you want to have longer or more in-depth conversations on these topics.

Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST|- For more in depth and technical discussions on the Switch 2 hardware.
Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack |ST|- For ongoing discussions about the NSO service.
Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST|- An incredible OP filled with information regarding both Nintendo's internal studios as well as their subsidiaries and partners.

My first thought is I'm hoping the activity log goes back to the 3DS era greatness, and not this every 5 hour increment thing the Switch currently has going on.

I have a weird wish, I would say, about the Nintendo Switch 2's reveal, and that is I hope they reuse the same music from the 2016 reveal, a.k.a Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah), it just captures PERFECTLY the Nintendo Switch's vibe and would be hella nostalgic to hear it again in the succesor's reveal trailer.

I just want Metroid 6 to be playable on it, hope that's not too much to ask.
Pretty sure Mercury Steam already got dev kits + there was some hirings which pointed towards them working on a new one. Considering Dread became the best selling game in the series and there's a studio ready to support the series, I think Metroid is done being on hiatus.

My first thought is I'm hoping the activity log goes back to the 3DS era greatness, and not this every 5 hour increment thing the Switch currently has going on.
Their OS and UI stuff overall deserves an overhaul. I understand and can live with the Switch OS being so light so games can use as much RAM as possible, but the next system should have enough RAM so it won't be an issue. Gimme back those bar graphs.

I really hope Nintendo makes more new/original games on Switch 2 instead of remakes/remasters and re-releases from previous generations. The Switch had a lot of Wii U re-releases, and for someone that had the Wii U, those re-releases weren't as exciting as new games. It's also a shame we're still playing Mario Kart 8 almost 10 years after the initial release on Wii U. Even the new tracks are mostly from MK Tour and aren't as graphically polished as the ones in the base game.

I want brand new games on Switch 2. Let the old games DIE!

I really hope Nintendo makes more new/original games on Switch 2 instead of remakes/remasters and re-releases from previous generations. The Switch had a lot of Wii U re-releases, and for someone that had the Wii U, those re-releases weren't as exciting as new games. It's also a shame we're still playing Mario Kart 8 almost 10 years after the initial release on Wii U. Even the new tracks are mostly from MK Tour and aren't as graphically polished as the ones in the base game.

MORE? We already got TONS of original games on Switch, if you want even more gotta wait till 2031 or so, because that's when Nintendo is gonna expand their internal staff in Kyoto.

Getting in on the ground floor!

Thanks to the staff and to everyone in Site Feedback for making this happen.

oh fuck yeah, finally a place to talk about the actual product without feeling guilty
I'm so glad I don't have to pretend to give a shit about hardware anymore!

Jk, I never pretended in the first place

Edit: Wait Nintendo, BESIDES it being powerful

BESIDES IT BEING POWERFUL

Summoning some chaotic vibes for the future of this thread.

Let's all behave according to the proper Fami standards and speculate like the good lunatics that we are.

giphy.gif

I think we're still due for a lot of remakes/ports tbh. Switch has had ports and remastered games to fill in gaps for the past 7 years and I don't see that strategy ending any time soon since they're finally dipping into the Gamecube for games to remake and remaster. Personally I understand the dislike for how Nintendo rereleased Wii U games, there's quite a few I skipped on since I already played them for countless hours just 2 or 3 years before. However, I am 1000000% up for more Gamecube remasters and ports since they're much older and I wasn't playing them just 3 years ago when they first released.

Hello fellas!

Here's my announcement/media blowout/launch guesses:

OPTIMISTIC:
November announcement
January blowout
March launch

MIDDLE GROUND:
January announcement
March blowout
May launch

PESSIMISTIC:
March announcement
May blowout
September launch

I base those guesses assuming March is either an announcement, blowout, or launch month.

Even if it would feel weird doing so, I think if Nintendo isn't going to go out of their way to add touch screen support to their games, they should invest the money that would go towards a touch screen to improvements in other areas, like better materials or an OLED screen, while retaining the $399 price.

Yes we did it! We did it. We needed somewhere to talk about Switch 2 software. Thankfully we have that now.

We can discuss Smash being rebooted

I would do morally questionable things in exchange for Fortune Street being a launch window game.

I would do unquestionably immoral things for Custom Robo.

awesome, thanks for listening to the suggestions and making a thread with clear guidelines 👍

I’m very excited for the first Switch 2 presentation and see all the games Nintendo will present.
I hope it's an actual live presentation with an audience. Directs are good in their own way but they miss moments like this

also holy fuck this way 17 years ago. I miss when gaming was constantly exciting

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Remastered for Switch 2
Nah, I can't wait that long. I want them on Switch 1 like, this year.

But seriously, I hope publishers don't make that mistake of having games that can run on Switch 1 only released on the successor. The successor can have a next gen frame rate/resolution patch but millions of Switch 1 users should not be ignored. FF13 was basically a PS3 game.

I hope it's an actual live presentation with an audience. Directs are good in their own way but they miss moments like this

also holy fuck this way 17 years ago. I miss when gaming was constantly exciting

imagine something like this with prime 4 and in the end the prime 4 director pops up with a samus arm cannon

It’s only the first page and I’ve already taken over the thread with FF13 talk. Sorry mods.

Nah, I can't wait that long. I want them on Switch 1 like, this year.

But seriously, I hope publishers don't make that mistake of having games that can run on Switch 1 only released on the successor. The successor can have a next gen frame rate/resolution patch but millions of Switch 1 users should not be ignored. FF13 was basically a PS3 game.
I agree. FF13 was a PS360 game, and there’s no reason that it’s not on Switch yet. Give it to us, Square! We’re getting tired of asking. 😤

I have a weird wish, I would say, about the Nintendo Switch 2's reveal, and that is I hope they reuse the same music from the 2016 reveal, a.k.a Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah), it just captures PERFECTLY the Nintendo Switch's vibe and would be hella nostalgic to hear it again in the succesor's reveal trailer.
I actually rushed to buy that song back during my MP3 days. Now I just listen to it on Apple Music from time to time.
I heard a new switch is coming
I hope not, I'm still getting use out of mine!

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Remastered for Switch 2
they havent even released them on 8th or 9th gen consoles I feel like they would do that before a switch port. Its crazy we havent gotten anything from that trilogy other than some pc ports I think

Okay, let's try this again, shall we. Ahem.

I just want a new F-Zero to be playable on it, hope that's not too much to ask.

Hello fellas!

Here's my announcement/media blowout/launch guesses:

OPTIMISTIC:
November announcement
January blowout
March launch

MIDDLE GROUND:
January announcement
March blowout
May launch

PESSIMISTIC:
March announcement
May blowout
September launch

I base those guesses assuming March is either an announcement, blowout, or launch month.
Pessimistic? More like realistic.

Also, I’m expecting 3D Mario to be the main launch title in September with Metroid Prime 4 in December as cross-gen.

Back
Top Bottom