• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
every now and then I remember how ridiculously long the WiiU pro controller battery lasted and I laugh out loud.

havent turned on my WiiU in about two years I think. It probably is still like half charged

I hate how I actually have to pay attention to Mario Kart Tour now. The tracks are the only good thing about that game IMO. I'd normally ignore it, but since the tracks are coming to MK8D now....

Earlier I checked out the eShop and had to realize that, to my great dismay, the premiere sci-fi RPG isn't on Switch

Opoona.jpg

I have slayed 2 dragons this holiday with a friend who was visiting.

Both Streets of Rage 2 and Contra Hard Corps was beaten within a few hours of each other. Games I have failed to beat for my entire life before this.
Damn it feels good.

I think we might see Mario Strikers + Splatoon 3 Direct in May like what they did in 2017 with Arms and Splatoon 2

Splatoon 2 had a massive push behind it prior to it's launch so I am fully expecting a Splatoon 3 specific direct as well, not sure about this combo though. I think It's going to release late summer so maybe a specific one in july? After the "E3" presentatione some time. My guess at least!

Man, 2017 had so much going on in terms of games marketing, there was always something happening =)

Jan - Switch Presentation, Fire Emblem Direct
Feb - Nindie Showcase
Apr - General Direct
May - Arms + Splatoon2
Jun - E3
July - Splatoon 2
Aug - Nindies Showcase
Sep - General Direct
Nov - Xenoblade 2 Direct

As someone who thought the first Sonic was appallingly bad, I understand where Arlo was coming from with his review of the second movie. But even if I loved the movie, I would never want to harass anyone who had a different opinion on it than me.

People on the internet are childish assholes and it sucks.

Ok time for a fun thought response statement

The main character of the last game you played has been replaced with Aqua from Konosuba, how does the game change

The main character of the last game you played has been replaced with Aqua from Konosuba, how does the game change
Uhh who tf is that
Described by Kazuma as possessing beauty no human could match, Aqua has light blue hair and eyes, a slim figure with ample breasts, long legs, wide hips, and blue waist-long hair that is partially tied into a loop with a spherical clip. Her B-W-H measurements are 83-56-83 cm and she is 5'4" tall.
wtf is this pervy weeb nonsense

“ample breasts”

I haven’t figured out who the main character is in 13 Sentinels yet but it would probably be pretty cool.

Anyway, acquisition rumors are always going to make me nervous with people talking about Sony trying to acquire Square Enix or Capcom. I don’t want to lose Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest on Switch.

I think we might see Mario Strikers + Splatoon 3 Direct in May like what they did in 2017 with Arms and Splatoon 2
I was coming here to suggest we're probably getting some sort of announcements in the first week of May at this rate. It'll be the week after Switch Sports launches and the week before the investor update. Also, the Xeno 3 website just got updated with new key art, possibly prematurely, which makes me think there's definitely something coming soon.

The very real anxiety when, even though I've finished the main story on Kirby, I'm not starting either 13 Sentinels or Pokemon Legends yet because I'm moving soon and my brain is like "hurrrr no space for new thing"

Uhh who tf is that

“ample breasts”
Self conceited Goddess who has purification powers. Is also self absorbed, a jerk, ditzy and is an undead magnet(ironically one of the few things she’s good at defeating)!

This would be a good idea as I think Nintendo will want to do test fire (or whatever they will call them this time) events for both games to test the online again. Would be smart to have that announced after some in depth detailing if the games.

Uhh who tf is that

“ample breasts”
I always think it's so weird when a characters measurements are described. Like, I don't know what the fuck to do with those numbers.

"She is 52-6-69"

"Oh shit, mmm those are some good dimensions"

You might as well stop expecting it at this point.
But they fixed EarthBound Beginnings! So there’s already precedent for them to fix these title errors! Banjo-Kazooie could just be being held up if they need to get Microsoft involved, too.

Splatoon's success was predictable. 17/18 years before Goldeneye in the N64 outsold Ocarina of Time, so the public for shooters never really left Nintendo.

Would like a more traditional shooter from them. There is Prime 4 in the future which is more traditional than splatoon but not there yet. Would like something somewhat similar to goldeneye, would be shocked if it wasnt a success.

What's the verdict like on Skyward Sword HD? I got a copy for really cheap (as in, free, someone gave it to me) and I kind of want to give it a shot but I always stayed away from the game on Wii because I wasn't into the controls. Kinda want to give it a shot after I finish 13 Sentinels.

What's the verdict like on Skyward Sword HD? I got a copy for really cheap (as in, free, someone gave it to me) and I kind of want to give it a shot but I always stayed away from the game on Wii because I wasn't into the controls. Kinda want to give it a shot after I finish 13 Sentinels.
I think it’s great, but I am a devoted parishioner at the Church of Waggle. If you don’t like motion controls, it is actually worse than Wii in some ways since IR aiming is gone. The button controls are good to cheese some mini games, but I don’t think they are better than motion. Since you paid nothing, definitely give it a shot. One of the more beautiful art designs for a Zelda game (in my opinion) and does lots of mechanics that aren’t too far off from BOTW (minus being entirely linear).

I think it’s great, but I am a devoted parishioner at the Church of Waggle. If you don’t like motion controls, it is actually worse than Wii in some ways since IR aiming is gone. The button controls are good to cheese some mini games, but I don’t think they are better than motion. Since you paid nothing, definitely give it a shot. One of the more beautiful art designs for a Zelda game (in my opinion) and does lots of mechanics that aren’t too far off from BOTW (minus being entirely linear).
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think SS even used IR on Wii. It was a gyro game.

I always think it's so weird when a characters measurements are described. Like, I don't know what the fuck to do with those numbers.

"She is 52-6-69"

"Oh shit, mmm those are some good dimensions"
"She has 328,256 polygons and 163,893 vertices"
Me: * nods vigorously *

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think SS even used IR on Wii. It was a gyro game.
This is correct.
If you were put off by motion controls rather than anything else (such as overt linearity or handholding), then I think you'll get on well with it. Excellent dungeons, music, aesthetic, strong narrative, some good set pieces and boss fights. It's a tided up version of the game rather than a substantive overhaul.

For what it's worth, I found the button controls were a-ok in portable mode.

Splatoon's success was predictable. 17/18 years before Goldeneye in the N64 outsold Ocarina of Time, so the public for shooters never really left Nintendo.
Splatoon biggest market is Japan where Goldeneye wasnt big at all. I think Splatoon has shown more Nintendo ability to make their own spins on genres allowing the games to reach more than the usual audience of the genre.

I’d also argue that the public for shooters did leave Nintendo with the rise of Xbox, Nintendo lost Rare (so no Perfect Dark/Goldeneye) and most shooter developers had trouble at the time making games so none could fill Rare spot and once they got their stuff together Xbox had already became the shooter platform .

Now if the thing is if now this public has comeback/the new public is also a fan of shooters and I’d argue that yes even if not as big as in Xbox or PC, games like Fornite or Apex legends have been a success on the Switch and really on the Switch all genres can sell well.

This is correct.

If you were put off by motion controls rather than anything else (such as overt linearity or handholding), then I think you'll get on well with it. Excellent dungeons, music, aesthetic, strong narrative, some good set pieces and boss fights. It's a tided up version of the game rather than a substantive overhaul.

For what it's worth, I found the button controls were a-ok in portable mode.
Not that bothered by it being more linear, it being more linear with good dungeons is exactly what I'm in the mood for even, I'll give it a go.

Skyward Sword on Wii did use IR to periodically recalibrate the gyro controls, I believe. Which is why the controls of the Wii version drift significantly less than the Switch version, at least under ideal circumstances. On the flip side, because the Wii version recalibrates with IR, stray sources of IR light such as sunbeams from an open window can mess with the controls, which I imagine may be why some people report a lot of issues with the Wii version while others have no problems at all.

Wii Motion Plus was super precise, you could emulate IR aiming by just its motion controls. For some reason, Joycons are not as good as that, despite having the same technology.

You’re probably correct. I might be conflating it with TP. Either way, the calibration is not as good/long lasting on switch from what I can tell.

Wii Motion Plus was super precise, you could emulate IR aiming by just its motion controls. For some reason, Joycons are not as good as that, despite having the same technology.
It's the IR - Skyward Sword uses the sensor bar to automatically recalibrate, which emulators quickly discovered.

Accelerometers have a minimum and a maximum amount of acceleration they can detect. Tiny movements and big fast ones won't be detected and the errors pile up, but every time you swing the Wiimote by the screen, blink, it recalibrates. Joy-Cons can't do that. What drives me particularly insane is that the right joy-con includes an IR camera but it's pointed the wrong way...

Skyward Sword on Wii did use IR to periodically recalibrate the gyro controls, I believe. Which is why the controls of the Wii version drift significantly less than the Switch version, at least under ideal circumstances. On the flip side, because the Wii version recalibrates with IR, stray sources of IR light such as sunbeams from an open window can mess with the controls, which I imagine may be why some people report a lot of issues with the Wii version while others have no problems at all.
This is good to know. I thought IR did play a role in the controls.

So about Three Hopes, is Byleth the main antagonist of the game? I’ve seen this “sentiment”/expectation in YouTube videos analysis, and not gonna lie, that is interesting and may convince me to buy it. 🤔

So about Three Hopes, is Byleth the main antagonist of the game? I’ve seen this “sentiment”/expectation in YouTube videos analysis, and not gonna lie, that is interesting and may convince me to buy it. 🤔
That’s what it says on the package anyway. I’m sure it’ll be explained and we’ll team up with them in at least one, if not all routes. Still, it’s one of the games I’m most looking forward to.

That’s what it says on the package anyway. I’m sure it’ll be explained and we’ll team up with them in at least one, if not all routes. Still, it’s one of the games I’m most looking forward to.
So it is confirmed then.
Interesting. Thanks

Sending all the Yeah!s I got as reference for that writer job since my posts are like Metroid scan logs - you really don't need to read them but every now and then one will make you chuckle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom