• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arent most devs sadly?
Japanese publishers some support heavily some dont

Koei Temco = everything that has no exclusivity deal on the Switch, but 0 exclusives bar Nintendo contracted work.

Konami = Everything but eFootball, multiple exclusives.

Square Enix = All remasters , all dq related games and Team Asano games (latter exclusives) . AAA games or 3D games in general usually skip Switch .

Sega= Only family/for everyone games and retro games . When Nintendo pays for it they release their games also (SMT V and TMS)

Bandai Namco= The worst , bar Taiko/family games all BNS games skip switch if its not Nintendo contracted work . The outsourced games are more hit or miss and depend usually on the contracted developer but Bandai never pushes for Switch version.

Capcom = All their AA Stuff on the Switch, AAA they bring nothing bar one big exception MH:Rise only developer to make an AAA game for the Switch without Nintendo paying. ( Nintendo only paid to delay PC release and it seems marketing exclusivity)

Edit: Forgot to mention but almost small devs have made their main plataform Switch, only some stay loyal to the PS4 due to having already invested too much on PS4/5 development and not being able to develop for the Switch or they are still ‘loyal’ to Sony (sometimes its both)

Last edited:
Wait, it's that expansive on Switch? Like, I love the game and I feel Vanillaware definitely deserves the praise and money, but that is just too much...
Its a recent late port thats why its so expensive. It will get deals (probably digital only) in some time and will reach ps4 price

Switch is kind of a success innit

You've just provoked the Console Wars equivalent of World War III.

Wait, it's that expansive on Switch? Like, I love the game and I feel Vanillaware definitely deserves the praise and money, but that is just too much...

It's worth full price and much more. One of the best games in years, IMO, and even better on Switch now with handheld play as an option.

I wonder if Live a Live will be on Xbox in the future?

Looks like Nintendo is publishing here in the states. But I did think BD2 would be on other consoles by now.
Octopath Traveler was the only game of that venture between them that was released elsewhere iirc, and strangely only on PC and Xbox (never on PS4);

Soul Hackers 2, a sequel of a 3DS game they aim to turn into "a new pillar" for the company, made by a development team who worked exclusively on Nintendo hardware for more than a decade, is releasing on every single platform currently on the market except for Switch while being built using assets from SMTV.
5 years into the generation they had all the time to add a Switch version in development if they really wanted to, they just don't want to.

Their best (only) effort on the platform is a game Nintendo paid.

It's pretty clear that ATLUS sees the Switch as a platform for low effort ports. At most it will get an old mainline Persona port (the rumored P4G and P3 "definitive") and very low budget games like EO.
It's a sequel to a Sega Saturn game that got a "low effort" port to the 3DS (and before that the PS1). Also I looked into that "new pillar" comment and from what I've read it's more in the vein of bringing new ideas from outside Atlus' teams when developing games. Finally do we have any evidence that SH2 is being built off SMTV assets or is this just conjecture because nothing I've seen indicates that.

All I'm saying is that basing the opinion that Atlus is snubbing the Switch as fact because one game is skipping the platform is nonsense.

Japanese publishers some support heavily some dont

Koei Temco = everything that has no exclusivity deal on the Switch, but 0 exclusives bar Nintendo contracted work.

Konami = Everything but eFootball, multiple exclusives.

Square Enix = All remasters , all dq related games and Team Asano games (latter exclusives) . AAA games or 3D games in general usually skip Switch .

Sega= Only family/for everyone games and retro games . When Nintendo pays for it they release their games also (SMT V and TMS)

Bandai Namco= The worst , bar Taiko/family games all BNS games skip switch if its not Nintendo contracted work . The outsourced games are more hit or miss and depend usually on the contracted developer but Bandai never pushes for Switch version.

Capcom = All their AA Stuff on the Switch, AAA they bring nothing bar one big exception MH:Rise only developer to make an AAA game for the Switch without Nintendo paying. ( Nintendo only paid to delay PC release and it seems marketing exclusivity)

Edit: Forgot to mention but almost small devs have made their main plataform Switch, only some stay loyal to the PS4 due to having already invented too much on PS4/5 development and not being able to develop for the Switch or they are still ‘loyal’ to Sony (sometimes its both)
Sega and Square see Nintendo audience different from Sony's. This has been a thing since the early PS2/GCN days.

Sega thinks Nintendo more family friendly and traditional platform while bringing everything else to Sony. Gamecube got Super Monkey Ball (later ported), Sonic Adventure and Billy hatcher while PS2 got the whole Yakuza series. Even the special request from Iwata couldn't change their minds, they didn't even localize that Yakuza HD collection for Wii U. Good thing they leave Atlus alone.

Square on the other hand, leaves the decision to individual devs. If they want Nintendo development, the management don't stop them. Like Team Ishii and Team Matsuno on DS and Team Kawazu and Team Asano today. That causes very specific libraries on both platforms but Switch tends to miss more due to underpowered hardware.

Namco doesn't have any specific strategy on Switch, they're just incompetent in "downport" business. Other than that, what Switch misses, the other platforms miss too. If we got a Tekken Collection or Tales of Xillia 1-2 remastered, they'd be on every platform, Switch included.

Octopath Traveler was the only game of that venture between them that was released elsewhere iirc, and strangely only on PC and Xbox (never on PS4);
Octopath coming to Steam is almost certainly something that was always going to happen, like Bravely Default II

Google (remember the Stadia version?) and Microsoft probably paid for it to diversify their libraries, and Sony likely didn't care for yet another JRPG, let alone a 2D one

Have a sudden craving to beat some shit up with a lightsaber. Was hoping the Jedi Knight or KOTOR games were on sale this week. Oh well.

Namco doesn't have any specific strategy on Switch, they're just incompetent in "downport" business.
That's a shame, really, because I think that Tales of Arise could run on the Switch if the right tweaks were made. Hope it'll eventually come on the Super Switch/Switch 2

That's a shame, really, because I think that Tales of Arise could run on the Switch if the right tweaks were made. Hope it'll eventually come on the Super Switch/Switch 2
I think it could have been a late decision for Arise on Switch, so yes, Nintendo next gen or Switch Pro is a safer bet. I I think a brand new Tales game with Switch as one of the platforms is more likely situation.

Maybe not Arise, but I expect TOSE to bring Scarlet Nexus to Switch soon. They were once Nintendo affiliated studio responsible for games like Super Princess Peach and Starfy series. They'd want their game on their favorite platform. It's not that demanding game anyway.

I think it could have been a late decision for Arise on Switch, so yes, Nintendo next gen or Switch Pro is a safer bet. I I think a brand new Tales game with Switch as one of the platforms is more likely situation.

Maybe not Arise, but I expect TOSE to bring Scarlet Nexus to Switch soon. They were once Nintendo affiliated studio responsible for games like Super Princess Peach and Starfy series. They'd want their game on their favorite platform. It's not that demanding game anyway.
Does TOSE do port work? I know they co-developed it

We'll see. Considering CyberConnect2 do their own port work for games like DBZ Kakarot, TOSE might do the same.
CC2 also did the .hack collection port and they are the reason why even the port exists (they are the ones who proposed it to Bandai), which knowing CC2 history with Nintendo consoles is curious to say the least.

Thats the thing with Bandai Namco they just dont care about the Switch as platform outside of Taiko and other casual/family games. We have only got 3 BNS games in all gen and all are ports of old games. (And the ports are not made by BNS)

By the end of the Switch's life span, my most played games list will like something like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Xenoblade, Zelda, Fire Emblem, oddly placed Smash Bros game, Team Asano game, Zelda Dynasty Warriors spinoff game, Team Asano game, Fire Emblem Dynasty Warriors spinoff game, Ace Attorney.

Thats the thing with Bandai Namco they just dont care about the Switch as platform outside of Taiko and other casual/family games. We have only got 3 BNS games in all gen and all are ports of old games. (And the ports are not made by BNS)
Yeah, there is nothing else to bring though. They have failed porting Tekken 7, probably didn't bother with SC6 and Ace Combat 8 after that.

The problem is they're too slow to remaster/port their older stuff to new consoles and it's not just Switch thing, other consoles get nothing too. Can we get a Zestiria/Berseia collection for all consoles? or Xillia 1-2 for everything including PS4 and PC? What about hundreds of awesome Namco games stuck on PS2? Why the hell are they behind everyone remastering their older fighter games, while Capcom and SNK want nothing to be left behind?

By the end of the Switch's life span, my most played games list will like something like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Xenoblade, Zelda, Fire Emblem, oddly placed Smash Bros game, Team Asano game, Zelda Dynasty Warriors spinoff game, Team Asano game, Fire Emblem Dynasty Warriors spinoff game, Ace Attorney.
Super Mega Baseball 3
Stardew Valley
Into The Breach/Dicey Dungeons/Slay The Spire
Bunch Of Pokemon Games

I somehow did the unthinkable and finished a game from my obliviously long backlog. Always enjoyed Dying Light but at some point just fell out of it when the releases kept piling up, just now went back to finish it. What a great game, seriously (technical marvel as well, it didn‘t crumble AT ALL throughout that playthrough.. hats off).

I somehow did the unthinkable and finished a game from my obliviously long backlog. Always enjoyed Dying Light but at some point just fell out of it when the releases kept piling up, just now went back to finish it. What a great game, seriously (technical marvel as well, it didn‘t crumble AT ALL throughout that playthrough.. hats off).
I wonder if Techland is working on porting the second game natively. The Cloud port of it got delayed indefinitely, so it's possible.

This thread is deader than the Switch's chances of getting Persona 5 Royal.
Usually Nintendo threads are dead when Nintendo ain’t talking much. And nobody is really do much actually.

The announcement of Persona 5 royal on Xbox only would be the spark we need

I just used the bathroom at a McDonalds in Oregon and the guys at the urinal next to me were talking about how someone got murdered in the stall I was currently in. WTF.

I think the only way anything Tekken comes to Switch is for some 30th anniversary celebration or collection in 2024 (which would obviously come to other platforms as well).

Everyone was so thoroughly satisfied by the Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes that no one is clamoring for a Direct at the moment so things are a bit quiet.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about getting P3P and P5 on PS3 since those are my ways to play that and I bought Person Q/2 and don’t want to be in the dark on most of the interactions. Once I do that, both will get announced.

Sorry, I've been too caught up in 13 Sentinels and working on my first NG+ run of Triangle Strategy.

I've also picked up this book that several friends have recommended.

I wonder if Techland is working on porting the second game natively. The Cloud port of it got delayed indefinitely, so it's possible.
The delay came out of nowhere and was handled kinda weirdly so I‘m curious, also I’m fairly certain there was that one „leak“ on a rating board for a Switch version that didn‘t have a label for a Cloud version at all, so I wouldn‘t completely dismiss it.

Sorry, I've been too caught up in 13 Sentinels and working on my first NG+ run of Triangle Strategy.

I've also picked up this book that several friends have recommended.
I accidentally bought Triangle Strategy last week (was probably gonna buy it anyway.) I’ll play it but I’m really bad at strategy games. How’s the difficulty? I’m also planning on doing a Three Houses replay once I’m done with 13 Sentinels.

I accidentally bought Triangle Strategy last week (was probably gonna buy it anyway.) I’ll play it but I’m really bad at strategy games. How’s the difficulty? I’m also planning on doing a Three Houses replay once I’m done with 13 Sentinels.
I thought Triangle Strategy was perfectly fine at normal difficulty, but if that gives you trouble you can easily switch to easy difficulty no problem.

Nah, that was walking out to get my jacket and immediately getting hailed on. Ow. Thanks Washington weather.
Lol yeah. Drove up north for work and had to wait an hour because the snow/hail was sticking in the road where I was. We usually get some weird April weather.

Hopefully we hear about their plans for a summer direct soon, cant wait to see what else they have this holiday now that zelda is a spring game. Its a fools hope, but id love a new mario game

Yall I was not ready for the last couple minutes of Arlo's response to the response to Arlo's Sonic 2 rant. 🥺

If I was Microsoft I’d be making a deal with Marvelous/XSEED to get the first two No More Heroes games on Game Pass this summer.

The new Charlie Brown cartoon on Apple TV plus was made for me it seem. It’s like a confluence of things I like: baseball, Peanuts, Ben Folds, and ecology.

Thank you for posting this early NoA.

hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom