• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Have writing assignment, couldn’t slip away to get away from being dragged into stuff and I have a massive migraine to top it off. And I haven’t gotten in a ton of game time this weej

You know what’s an under appreciated Nintendo game of the last few years?

Yoshi’s Woolly World.

I absolutely loved this game. So much better than any other Yoshi sequel which followed the original Yoshi’s Island.
If I ever dig out my 3ds to replay some games, that would probably be the first on my list. It's a very fun and comfortable game. I doubt nintendo would do a switch port with Crafted World (and the woolly world 3ds version) being available, but I would buy it again if they did!

I'll just get this out of the way, but:

If anyone wants to take a crack at a Legend of Zelda ST then so be it.

I'm... honestly kinda swamped with other things. 😅

I wanted to put pictures and stuff on my Google doc with stuff I made myself, but in the end, I honestly have a hard time making them.

I'll get to it whenever, I suppose, but if anyone wants to make it themselves then be my guest.

Yoshi’s Woolly World.

I absolutely loved this game. So much better than any other Yoshi sequel which followed the original Yoshi’s Island.
Woolly World was super cute with all of the different Yoshi designs. Easily the second best Yoshi game that I have ever played.

On the topic of community threads, I just remembered this.

F-Zero desperately needs a community ST so the five of us who still care about it deeply can have a place to call home.

I predict this will get exactly four Yeah!s, simply because one can not Yeah! their own post.
wnWmvB1.jpg

tobias.gif

Yoshi’s Woolly World.

agreed. it was such a great game, and an excellent experience for fans of collectathon platformers. i loved just how much they put into each level, requiring you to play them several times in multiple ways to collect everything.

A Personal Thanks From EC
With this week, and thus month, winding down, I just wanted to thank everyone for putting their trust in me to "host" these threads the past two months. I had a blast putting them together, especially this one! Thank you for posting, chatting, shooting the shit, venting, celebrating, whatever it is you did in these threads, because they wouldn't be as fun without you.

"One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

And hey, stay safe and healthy so I can see you in ST8!
-EC

I've caught Covid for the first time and I feel absolutely dreadful. I started Bit Orchard last night and have been playing it a lot today. At first it seemed like it was going to be quite shallow but the game does start to open up. It's got a satisfying gameplay loop and cost less than £2 on introductory sale on the eShop. Nice simple game that doesn't require much thinking while your head and body recovers.

The only annoying quirk is that the left anologue stick is required for movement, so I am using my 8bitdo Pro 2 with left stick and D-pad swapped.

I have purchased all NA F zero games in every official release format possible (I think). Luckily there aren’t that many releases, so this was easily possible.

Famiboards has been able to make all F-Zero WW fans signup to the forum and Yeah! your post , big accomplishment!
You are going at this the wrong way. 12 people Yeah!d my post, outing themselves as F-Zero fans. So, including myself, there are 13 F-Zero fans on Famiboards.

Famiboards has a userbase of 2,532. Ergo, ~0.51% of Famiboards are F-Zero fans. Let's assume that number is somewhat representative of Switch owners as a whole.

The Switch has an installbase of 103.54 million units. If ~0.51% of them purchased a new F-Zero, it would sell 531,605 copies.

So the Switch only needs to sell about 200 million units for F-Zero to break a million, easy.

Wait, SMT Nocturne did 1 million? That's amazing!

That's a huge success for a (kinda barebones) remaster when the original game sold like 300k. What is Atlus waiting for to remaster the other PS2 games?

Wait, SMT Nocturne did 1 million? That's amazing!

That's a huge success for a (kinda barebones) remaster when the original game sold like 300k. What is Atlus waiting for to remaster the other PS2 games?
google translation issue
its only SMT5

Quoted by: Leo
With this week, and thus month, winding down, I just wanted to thank everyone for putting their trust in me to "host" these threads the past two months. I had a blast putting them together, especially this one! Thank you for posting, chatting, shooting the shit, venting, celebrating, whatever it is you did in these threads, because they wouldn't be as fun without you.

"One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

-EC
Godspeed you rebel, and thank you for steering these ships for not one but two STs back to back!

I've caught Covid for the first time and I feel absolutely dreadful. I started Bit Orchard last night and have been playing it a lot today. At first it seemed like it was going to be quite shallow but the game does start to open up. It's got a satisfying gameplay loop and cost less than £2 on introductory sale on the eShop. Nice simple game that doesn't require much thinking while your head and body recovers.

The only annoying quirk is that the left anologue stick is required for movement, so I am using my 8bitdo Pro 2 with left stick and D-pad swapped.
Keeping you in my thoughts for a quick recovery and mild symptoms. I'm still not sure if it was covid or a real bad cold I had last month, but I could hardly look at any digital screen for more than a few seconds. Good you have at least a small brain teaser to keep you distracted while your body fights the virus inside

I've been wanting to make a Star Fox OT for a while, but I need to learn how to do graphics first or create fancy images to make it nice.

I've been wanting to make a Star Fox OT for a while, but I need to learn how to do graphics first to make it nice.
Custom-made banners and such are slightly overrated when it comes to presentation of an ST, imho. You can do a lot with stuff that is already available, such as promo art, and with the overall formatting of the OP.

Of course, I say this as someone who could not do nice, presentable graphics if my life depended on it.

Don’t forget the greatest of all anime mentors
image0.jpg

0c97c13c3f621d64b1aabb34f2aedefb8bcf50fb.gifv

I need to restart my Hayate combat butler watch. Fun parody show

Last edited:
I would make a dedicated DK thread, but I'm way too damn lazy to do it. Besides, I don't think anyone can prepare for my 100 page essay of why Diddy Kong is the best video game character ever made.

Good recovery to you and thanks for the recommandation !

-EC
thank you for two excellent threads!

Last edited:

-EC

Thanks EC!!!!!

A friend of mine tweeted to Elon Musk asking him to buy Nintendo, so he can force them to make a new F-Zero;

I don't know if I read that as a joke or not, but even if so I don't like the fact he's even humoring the situation. I'm disappointed..

A friend of mine tweeted to Elon Musk asking him to buy Nintendo, so he can force them to make a new F-Zero;

I don't know if I read that as a joke or not, but even if so I don't like the fact he's even humoring the situation. I'm disappointed..
But did he tweet to Elon Musk or to Italian Elon Musk?

F zero: Musk-imum Velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom